Randolph Hospital

Randolph Hospital Employer Reviews

Patients make this job rewarding
Unit Secretary/OB Technician (Current Employee), Asheboro ncAugust 10, 2014
Working in Labor & Delivery is exciting and rewarding. It's much like working in an Emergency Unit, you never know what's going to come through the door!
Very engaged senior management team that is professional, focused, and mission-driven.
Interim Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: the senior management team empowers you to do your job.
Cons: only one of seven free-standing not-for-profit hospitals left in nc.
Incredible experience. This is a first class organization. They do not micro-manage the process, teams I work with are engaged and empowered to affect change.
Close to home
FLOOR NURSE (Former Employee), Asheboro NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: the chance to work with different age populations.
Cons: stressful at times
I worked as a floor nurse and a preceptors on this job. Great learning experience for Med/Surge. Great co workers. I loved working with palliative care patients. I really did not enjoy working with pediatric that much because I felt under qualified to care for them.
Amazing co-workers
CNA (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 5, 2014
This job has been very rewarding, I've learned so much in two years!
I've got the best little work family ever!
Productive and proactive
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, learning tons of information concerning testing and collections
Registered patients, verified benefits, collected patients, and assisted them in any other testing they needed done. My co-workers were pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I was there helping someone whom really needed me.
Ed Department
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee), Asheboro,NCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: other parts of the hospital is great like free exercise classes.
Cons: it is healthcare and stressful.
A typical day in the Ed varies from day to day.The job is the same,the environment is very stressful due to being around lots of illness and death. management has been really great, Co-workers have been great and helpful for the most part.
Great Place
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJanuary 9, 2014
RH is a great to work. Awesome co-workers that are like family.
Very good work environment with a supportive group of employees working together for a common goal of excellent patient care.
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, strong network
Cons: with constant changes in the ability to adabt and grow becomes more and more difficult.
A typical day at work involves helping assist in the treatment of inpatients admitted to Randolph Hospital. The treating involves assessing patients for placement after departure from the hospital and for insurance purposes. Most weeks there are multiple Joint Replacement surguries in which we perform a group therapy session. This involves preparing – more... patients to be back to normal with completing day to day tasks. I absolutely love my co-workers. We are all great friends and work together to acheive excellent patient care. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients and having them either discharge from the facility or more saddening pass on. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people everyday from very different backgrounds. My managament is excellent and very loyal to us as employees. They let us voice our opinion and make it a priority to make us successful. – less
Cooking small short orders. all kitchens duties and cleaning
Commines/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good hours, good overall in general
Cons: hours are a little rough if u have small children
great people to work with. Great health insurance. Able to move up with them as well.
Fast paced, constantly changing environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: family environment
Cons: bad insurance
Overall, this is a comfortable place to work. The hospital is undergoing a lot of changes, which makes it difficult to accommodate the needs of the current employees. However, these changes will hopefully bring about the positive outcome they are intended for.
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 18, 2013
Pros: clost to home
Cons: no place to advance
I enjoy working at Randolph Hospital. My Coworkers are wonderful. There are things, as it is everywhere, that I would like to see changed, but I do not have a voice in those things. I cannot see any advancement here as there is no place to advance to in my current position. I have learned many new things working in the Medical field versus Manufacturing. – more... It has been very challenging and a joy to learn. – less
Loved working for the doctors
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 20, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no room for advancement
Radiology Transporter, Radiology Transcriptions, Quality and Resource Management: Organized medical information for patient charts, created documents for Radiology, Radiologists Physicians, created documents for quality and resource management to keep track of information from meetings and classes. Secretary for the Pneumonia, CHF, Hip & Knee teams. – more... Kept track of all records for these meetings, including sending out letters and agendas for each meeting. Kept organized notebooks for each team with all information from start to end on how each team operated. Started out at Randolph Hospital as a transporter, took patients from exams to exam. After 6 months was transferred to transcription. Went over each report the radiologist was sending out. Help the doctors with any computer questions. Fixed the radiology departments computers. Helped the doctors with the voice system, and making sure the reports were sent to the proper places. Helped the doctor's office with any questions or request they might have had. – less
Enjoyed job challenges and people contact
Hospital Cashier (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCApril 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: short time for lunch - 30 min.
Overall a good place to work. Worked with hospital employees in the collection of all hospital receivables and prepared reports for 3 different sets of books. High volume of customer service to include assisting employees and patients. Hardest part of job was meeting deadlines with so many interruptions and the best part was helping others. Great crew – more... to work with. – less
Pediatrician (the first recruited to RMA-Pediatrics)
Pediatrician (Former Employee), RMA-PediatricsApril 3, 2013
Cons: horrible/amoral/unethical hospital management
If I could give negative stars, I would.

The info is out there. GOOGLE this job/practice/hospital. You'll find it.

The now-CEO (then President of the practice) told a group of OB's that "Good Pediatricians are a dime a dozen".
a very busy hospital
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCDecember 30, 2012
Pros: great job
Cons: call
I worked in all aspects of sonography in a very busy hospital with LOTS of call!!!
An Excellent Place to Work!
Clinical Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCDecember 5, 2012
I've been working with Randolph Hospital for over a year now, and I have to say, I never knew a work environment could be so positive! When comparing my current position at Randolph Hospital with past employers, there is no comparison - I feel like I'm a part of a huge family at RH. You won't regret it if you're lucky enough to land a job with this – more... hospital! – less
Fast paced facility with great benifits
Sonographer (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCSeptember 9, 2012
This was a great place to work until they retired the Radiology Director that had been there for many many years. After that, it just wasn't the same!!
Working here was very good for the most part
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJuly 16, 2012
Working with patients was always rewarding. Good co-workers. Hardest part of job was leaving.
helping others
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 1, 2012
I have been in healthcare since 2003. I have enjoyed this line of work because I feel im giving back. Hopefully I will get the same as I have put in when Im in a time of need. The Emergency Department was where I was tought the most. Just being a part of a team that went to the ends of the earth to take care of their patients.
Helping others
CNA, UNIT SECRETARY, ED. TECH. PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCApril 24, 2012
I love helping people any way I can, and hope one day I get the same treatment I gave.