Randolph Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

At one time this was a great place to work
Cashier, Secretary, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 4, 2015
This use to be a great place to work but management is going down hill. There need to be some house cleaning done in a lot of departments in the department heads positions. Too many outside companies used to do what regular qualified employees can do. Companies like Sodexo are ruining the company. The new staff in HR are not doing their job as they suppose to by covering up to much dirt. There need to be some real exposure to what people get away with up there. They are loosing a lot of good employees to other companies because of management. Senior management and VP's and the CEO better start looking into how the place is really been ran before it crashes
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much junk is allowed
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Management doesn't care, supervisors, and directors do not care about familys. I was asked to go home many times after coming in at 8 (which was my regular shift) and come back and work 3rd shift because someone called out. People were treated diffently, seniority did not not matter, I was there for 15 years and someone new would come in after working a year and get al the new opportunities and better treatment because the boss liked them, even though they didn't work, and they were allowed to come in late everyday even the hospital has a tardiness policy. Every dept is like this the people that work hard and do there jobs never get recognized, but the ones that do nothing get praise. Horrible place to work.
Pros
no pros, company is going downhill
Cons
more cons to name
Hospital continues to grow and expand
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 11, 2016
Randolph Hospital, Inc. is an excellent employer that continues to grow. It recently has formed a MSA agreement with Cone Health.
Pros
Excellent benefits, friendly and courteous staff
Cons
No full time hours within my department.
Diagnostic Scheduler
Diagnostic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 11, 2015
Good place to work. Best part of the job was people that I worked with. Pay needed to be more competitive with other jobs in the area.
Pros
Co workers, decent insurance coverage
Cons
not many chances advancements in job, pay not competitive with amount of work required
Best place to work and best mission statement to follow
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Randolph Hospital is a great organization with an attention to proficiency. The people are all amazing to work with and I enjoyed my time there learning, and expanding my knowledge base
Pros
n/a
very good place to work
ES Tech I- Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 15, 2015
A great place to work with a family atmosphere. I liked all of my co-workers and management was fairly easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift and being on my feet a lot
Pros
great people an benefits
Cons
schedule
nice place to work. i've really enjoyed my time at both hospitals
PRN staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 9, 2015
enjoy my work at both hospitals. the pay is very good at randolph hospital and i work with smart people.
my supervisor teachs us alot
Pros
good pay
Cons
heavy workload
Enjoyed job challenges and people contact
Hospital Cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 9, 2013
Overall a good place to work. Worked with hospital employees in the collection of all hospital receivables and prepared reports for 3 different sets of books. High volume of customer service to include assisting employees and patients. Hardest part of job was meeting deadlines with so many interruptions and the best part was helping others. Great crew to work with.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
short time for lunch - 30 min.
Productive and proactive
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 21, 2014
Registered patients, verified benefits, collected patients, and assisted them in any other testing they needed done. My co-workers were pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I was there helping someone whom really needed me.
Pros
meeting new people, learning tons of information concerning testing and collections
Not a great plce to work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Management is uncaring, unstable job security. HR is very out of touch with the goings on within the organization.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
time off
Excellent Work Environment
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 11, 2015
Randolph Hospital is a terrific facility in which to work and share experiences with the staff and community. The management is helpful and encouraging to the employees and the co-workers are caring and proficient at their respective positions. Probably the most difficult part of working at Randolph Hospital would be the changes to patient care and staff availability causes by the new healrhcare laws.Money should never limit care in a facility.
to assist the surgeons and be a team player
Materials Manager/Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 8, 2015
I was a surgical technologist in all areas of scrub, and I also functioned as the material manager for the surgical center, and I also worked in sterile processing with processing instruments for next day cases or for immediate turnover.
i love this place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 26, 2015
if you need care and want a good place to go this is it. i have had a good experience there and would send my family there. this is a a good place to work and the people are great.
Loved working for the doctors
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 20, 2013
Radiology Transporter, Radiology Transcriptions, Quality and Resource Management: Organized medical information for patient charts, created documents for Radiology, Radiologists Physicians, created documents for quality and resource management to keep track of information from meetings and classes. Secretary for the Pneumonia, CHF, Hip & Knee teams. Kept track of all records for these meetings, including sending out letters and agendas for each meeting. Kept organized notebooks for each team with all information from start to end on how each team operated. Started out at Randolph Hospital as a transporter, took patients from exams to exam. After 6 months was transferred to transcription. Went over each report the radiologist was sending out. Help the doctors with any computer questions. Fixed the radiology departments computers. Helped the doctors with the voice system, and making sure the reports were sent to the proper places. Helped the doctor's office with any questions or request they might have had.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no room for advancement
Registration
Ed OP Registration (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work for Emergency Dept. is unpredictable. It can be very fast pace or slow. You learn to prepare for unexpected and variety of patients. My co workers are great to work with and have understanding how well we owrk together. Hardest part my job are sad cases. For examples, child injuries or abuse, elderly unable to care themselves.. Best part about this job is coworkers working together as one, and taking care of people needs.
Pros
Hours are great.
Cons
Not enough coverage.
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 18, 2013
I enjoy working at Randolph Hospital. My Coworkers are wonderful. There are things, as it is everywhere, that I would like to see changed, but I do not have a voice in those things. I cannot see any advancement here as there is no place to advance to in my current position. I have learned many new things working in the Medical field versus Manufacturing. It has been very challenging and a joy to learn.
Pros
clost to home
Cons
no place to advance
Very engaged senior management team that is professional, focused, and mission-driven.
Interim Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 30, 2014
Incredible experience. This is a first class organization. They do not micro-manage the process, teams I work with are engaged and empowered to affect change.
Pros
the senior management team empowers you to do your job.
Cons
only one of seven free-standing not-for-profit hospitals left in nc.
Ed Department
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheboro,NCFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day in the Ed varies from day to day.The job is the same,the environment is very stressful due to being around lots of illness and death. management has been really great, Co-workers have been great and helpful for the most part.
Pros
other parts of the hospital is great like free exercise classes.
Cons
it is healthcare and stressful.
Very good work environment with a supportive group of employees working together for a common goal of excellent patient care.
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work involves helping assist in the treatment of inpatients admitted to Randolph Hospital. The treating involves assessing patients for placement after departure from the hospital and for insurance purposes. Most weeks there are multiple Joint Replacement surguries in which we perform a group therapy session. This involves preparing patients to be back to normal with completing day to day tasks. I absolutely love my co-workers. We are all great friends and work together to acheive excellent patient care. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients and having them either discharge from the facility or more saddening pass on. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people everyday from very different backgrounds. My managament is excellent and very loyal to us as employees. They let us voice our opinion and make it a priority to make us successful.
Pros
great co-workers, strong network
Cons
with constant changes in the ability to adabt and grow becomes more and more difficult.
Pediatrician (the first recruited to RMA-Pediatrics)
Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  RMA-PediatricsApril 3, 2013
If I could give negative stars, I would.

The info is out there. GOOGLE this job/practice/hospital. You'll find it.

The now-CEO (then President of the practice) told a group of OB's that "Good Pediatricians are a dime a dozen".
Cons
horrible/amoral/unethical hospital management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Randolph Hospital Reviews by Location