Randstad Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,364 reviews matching the search
Very Stressful
Branch Manager & Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 25, 2016
This job is not for anyone. They tell you that 85% of the people you are hired with wont make it a year. They want people with a sales mentality but then they constrain you and what you can do with your time. It is mostly an operations and recruiting position as you are trying to get people to actually show up to work for $9/hour Your daily tasks are extremely mico-managed but upper management. They want smart people but then tell them how to do their jobs with no freedom to find what works for the individual. Numbers are scrutinized daily even if you are a consistent worker who hits every kpi weekly.

No work life balance as you feel guilty for leaving even if you are scheduled for a certain amount of time. Hour lunch? There isn't one, most lunches are spent eating at your desk while manning phones. Pay is good if you are bonusing.
Pros
Good benefits and pay if bonusing
Cons
No work life balance
I did not enjoy my time there,
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 24, 2016
The pay was wonderful. They gave raises depending on your employee review. I did not enjoy management, at all. They didn't have concern for employee problems, including being unprofessional. You worked in a freezer for 10 hours, but tell you it's only sometimes and not everyday. Most co-workers were inept and incapable of doing their jobs.
Pros
Breaks were fair, pay was fair.
Cons
Co-workers, management, hours were uncertain.
a great temp place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BeavertonFebruary 2, 2016
This was a temp assignment. The call center is very clean. The communication between management and employees is high. The opportunity for advancement is high. The problem is, the turn over is also high because there is little chance of getting a direct hire position. The temporary assignment could last 2 weeks or up to a year, when the company decides if they want to offer you a direct contract as a temporary agent, or not.
Pros
good pay, good environment
Cons
bad benefits, no stability
Best IT staffing company to work for
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Randstad is a great company to work for, along with great people to work with. They have great compensation/benefits to offer with a chance for advancement in the company if you work hard. There was not much training, You're on your own when it comes to learning but if you put in the effort there is more than enough to pick up on when it comes to the workforce,recruiting, sales and more.
Pros
lots of company sponsored events
Cons
lack of training
Okay for a short term job, not a company where you can build a career
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  WakefiedDecember 3, 2015
Worked with Randstad for a couple of years but found for such a large company there is very little room for growth or advancement. The work/life balance isn't the greatest, as a recruiter, you are often expected to work long days & nights and even on the weekends at times with little coming out of the extra work. Management often times was very biased and while there could be many improvements, no effort was every put into making these changes.
Pros
Co-workers are young making it a fun work place at times
Cons
Little room for growth or advancement, very numbers driven, low retention rate
Challenges for Remote Employees
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2016
For those in certain cities with certain accounts the advancement opportunities are lacking while those on the same account in different cities have great advancement opportunities. Management has some opportunities to make their remote employees feel appreciated, however they would rather "find better talent". I have heard great things about this company, however have not seen them up close.
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXDecember 30, 2015
Typical day: Answer calls in a call center enrolling customers in health benefits and retirement benefits. Breaks and lunch was not long enough.
Management had too many people to oversee. The culture of Randstad was impersonal with management.
Nothing enjoyable about working there other than working in a nice building. The hardest part of the job was being inadequately trained.
Poor on local level
Sr. Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2016
Great company, local management is poor. No growth, poor work life balance. Great compensation and over all good company
Good experience for short term, not meant for longer term employment.
Operational Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 4, 2016
I worked as a contractor at another company and had an atypical assignment so I did not know many of my peers. Because of internal issues, I was given a minimal amount of training and largely had to teach myself. Over the years I expanded the role and took on more responsibilities. I added support capability and became an advanced subject matter expert due to the amount of research I performed. My coworkers were mostly analysts and mainframe programmers. I answered to several internal and external bosses, including an average of ten project managers at any given time. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the various pieces of work between my business partners and projects. The most enjoyable part was knowing that it was seen by millions of customers.
Pros
Satisfaction in my work, consistently great feedback from business partners
Cons
Poor compensation, almost no opportunity for advancement
Decent Pay, Easy Work
Machine Operator, Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Bremen, GANovember 16, 2015
After a blanket $0.75 pay raise that upped the hourly wage to $10.25, basic employee wages are not bad for the work involved. However, there is a lot of miscommunication between upper and lower level management, and as a result, base rate employees are often the last to be informed of changes and developments.
Pros
Decent pay for the work, easy entry-level job, opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Long work hours, 3+ hours between breaks, no lunch breaks for 8-hour employees, ill-trained management
No Review
Analyst, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
No review necessary. Worked there for 11 years. Great culture. Poor management. Fantastic Benefits. Corporate is ideal for Accountants and such.
Enjoyable Workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of unpacking the required items that were put aside, and repacking them into new boxes so they could be shipped out to the buyers. This usually consisted of anywhere between 2-6 pallets worth of items

What i learned from the job was how to quickly and efficiently manage my time while still completing the task at hand, and how to work the equipment required to get the job done.

The management was very helpful with providing the necessary details on how to preform the current job at hand, and were always willing to help answer any questions I had about the job.

I with with a small team of people but we all got together fairly well and were able to get the jobs done faster by working together.

The hardest part of the job was unloading new shipments from the train carts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the laid back environment that allowed you to work at your own pace.
Offers extensive driving and customer service skills along with a clean driving record to contribute to greater efficiency and productivity.
Car Detailer, Car shuttle (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2016
Hands-on experience in driving a variety of vehicles, such as coach, bus, van and SUV, Able to clean of interior and exterior of the shuttle cart and vehicle, Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and operate under time pressure, Proven record of following traffic regulations, Proven ability to perform professional driving in hectic situations, Highly skilled in driving shuttles to and from designated parking areas, Hand to make sure we Detailed and had the car spotless for customers and buyers.
Hardest part of the job was working with a heavy equipment we had to go over every piece of the equipment with a sheet of paper with a list to check every spec to make sure everything worked properly and functioned perfect.
Had some excellent co-workers they loved me to death and we all got along and worked together very well teamwork.
Most Enjoyable part of the job was knowing it would be a great day because we all got along worked together helped each other out when needed all around enjoyable i loved the job and the company and workers. I have learned a lot working at this company mainly like how to work hard and work my way up to be in a better position to know that you have friends working with you every day that in the beginning of the start didn't know anyone and made me feel so comfortable and satisfied felt like you knew them all my life.
Pros
Great Benefits and great management, all around i loved everything about this job no complaints
Cons
short break
Great place to work for!
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 22, 2016
Schedules are constant an not subject to too much change. Decent compensation for work required. Management is structured and understanding.
Pros
Free take home samples
Cons
Takes a while to advance/move-up
Hard dirty work with good pay
Line Lead, Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 6, 2016
You will work hard in a dirty environment but they pay well and treat their employees with dignity. Depending on the market you may either have ample overtime or no longer have the opportunity to work. The key here is to be a dependable employee and meet production goals.
Pros
Good pay and regular breaks
Cons
poor job security
Okay job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sugar LandOctober 2, 2015
I worked for a starter up company as the shipping clerk. Since they were expanding fast, they needed me to work over 12 hour shifts. I was in school and because they could not do the shipments with out the shipping clerk I had to skip my classes. After the first 3 months management decided they wanted to make me a permanent employee, which was a raise of almost $5 and the position of the shipping supervisor. On the busy season they hired a person to help receiving because that worker keep getting behind. Since I was able to keep up they did not hire one for the shipping side, when I ask if they would because it was so much work they told me no because they knew I could handle it. I left after that because they had no consideration on me and other employees. When I ask others they confirm if you show them you are efficient they will take you for all you have, especially if you are dedicated. For me I skipped school to make time for the company and so I decided I needed something better.
Pros
long days felt short because of work load, 2 breaks one lunch, weekends off
Cons
no consideration by management
Very Stressful
Licensed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 17, 2016
Endless inbound calls. No time to break in between calls. Everything you do is tracked. No freedom. Management is not willing to help its employees.
Pros
Consistant Schedule with weekends off.
Cons
High turnover. Advancement almost impossible.
Don't be a contractor
FINANCIAL PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAMarch 26, 2016
If you want to be a financial processor (i know that's been my dream job since childhood), you need to get yourself hired by the Vanguard, not through Randstad. You are a disposable work force and must work at least six months before being considered to be hired by Vanguard directly. Contractors are not treated the same as VG crew.
Pros
Nice cafeteria/galley
Cons
vanguard culture is strong but annoying, doesn't keep contractors, there is no payoff to this job except the paycheck, there is no job satisfaction
Work Balance
Warehouse Positions (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Most days at my work are very balanced, with a set schedule, plenty of work to do, and very physical work, constant standing, walking, bending, and lifting of objects up to 80 pounds. I mainly learned to work hard to gain potential good work ethics, being apart of a focused team to get all of the days task completed within a timely manner. The hardest part of my job would be to not being able to have completed a certain task given because of problem with orders, certain label could be missing and only a supervisor, or management could fix. The most enjoyable art of the job is the great hours . benefits,safety precautions, and good team to be apart of, and reaching the goals needed of the day.
Pros
Getting a 30 minute break, and being paid for it.
Cons
Sometimes it can get extremely hot.
Staffing service
Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 4, 2016
Love Randstad,owe whatever I am today to Randstad.Management needs to be strengthening its retaining strategies and cannot depend on the lucrative job market as consulting grows over time akin work culture ,allowing bright minds to leave with the hope to hire better is wrong attitude. New employees also feel the heat and kindly do things to put them on a zone assuring their decision is right.