Randstad Employee Reviews

Found 5,032 reviews matching the search
Great Learning Opportunity
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Their processes are top notch. Work life balance is not good so if you have a family it is probably not a good position to be in. Site Managers are pretty much on call every day of the week around the clock, and the expectation is that you respond immediately to employees and clients. If you do not have management experience or are looking to own a business one day, this is a great company to get the experience from. Site Managers do everything including financials, payroll, coaching, hiring, firing, full life cycle recruiting, sales, marketing, job ads and postings, client presentations, etc. There is nothing you do not do in the HR spectrum while in this position. There are requirements you must meet and the expectations are extremely high. Stress level is also extremely high. For the amount of work you do, they pay is extremely low.
Pros
Streamlined processes
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Great if you don't expect any job growth.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2016
Working as a temp is great if you need really quick cash and an easy job. However, if you need assistance with obtaining a raise from your client then temp agencies are a no-go. Overall the client I worked for was extremely friendly and understanding of my school schedule and the job wasn't difficult. I was a merchandiser. My coworkers were amazing and professional and overall I liked working where I was placed. The job didn't pay enough though, and I was an excellent employee. I came in to fill in for others, I never complained, I was nice to customers and I was always on time and when I couldn't come in I called. I was a good employee and after working at this placement for 8 months I couldn't get even the slightest raise or move up to a higher rank in the company. No opportunity for growth.
Pros
Great flexibility, good environment.
Not a whole lot to say
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHDecember 15, 2016
Management blames everyone else for things that they do not want to take responsibility for.
Long hours, no appreciation from the management team.
To much work for one person to handle and complete 100% but they expect you to do so no matter what. They feel no matter what, if they (Randstad) looses an account it's always the fault of the on-site manager.
Management does not support ideas or take into consideration the different environments for each site and company that they have as clients.
Co-workers are awesome. We all had the same issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the client and the people that we hired as the temp-to-perm employees.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Randstad management and the unwillingness to be open, honest and listen to those that they employ.
Not for the faint of heart
RIS Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, TNNovember 29, 2016
This position started as a dream job for me; seemingly great compensation, almost immediate benefits, promise of bonuses! However, things quickly went south. Mostly this was due to the lack of support; my manager moved away and was communicating remotely once a week or so, my partner went on maternity leave and there was no replacement that was knowledgeable enough to keep from making extra work, much less helping with the work load, etc. There was no "typical day at work," which isn't so bad unless your boss demands perfection at a constantly variable position. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the two bonuses I received during my four months there; the least being the constant verbal lashings and lack of praise I received from my area vice president over things as trivial as post-its.
Pros
Exempt salary status, occasional bonuses
Cons
Bi-weekly pay, never-satisfiable boss
Great Culture, Market Leading Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2016
Great Culture, Market Leading Company. Randstad is a good company with an awesome leader. Middle Management has been somewhat sub par but its definitely improving. Great starter level Management job. I learned alot while employed. I'm simply looking for a company with a higher cieling. The promotion level is nowhere near whereI am hoping to go. Otherwise a good company
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Work/ Life Balance
Good managers
Shipping/Receiving Associate- Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 27, 2016
They are always willing to help move forward. Allow for flexible schedules.
My managers always balance my interests and responsibility with the company's. Thus the work/life balance is good. The job culture can vary according to department. Yet the constant is the support of Management.
Pros
Flexible hours, managers work with you.
Cons
health benefits not the best
Randstad
Regional Recruiter/Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Randstad is an ethical company that offers plenty of advancement for those who are outgoing and willing to work hard. The middle and upper corporate management face challenges understanding the daily operating reality of those in the field.
You will work very hard for this company
PERFORMANCE COACH (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2017
You must be ready to work hard for the pay you will earn. The pay and benefits are very good however, you must be ready to work long hours in order to meet your company's goal. Management can use a little sensitivity training,
Good salary and benefits.
Project Manager II - Philips Medical Systems (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with Randstad. They allow you to do your work without any unnecessary interruptions, which is exactly the way I like it. The salary is very decent, so are the benefits. Of course, as with any contract job, there is no job security; the client can terminate you whenever business dictates it, but this is something to be expected. I would definitely like to work with them again.
Pros
Attention to detail, good salary and benefits.
Randstad Staffing Consultant
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 8, 2016
Randstad is like any other sales role. They act as if you are in control of your ship but you're not. While sales pressure varies depending on your district it's the only thing that matters. Building client relationships and the placement of talent is secondary to account generation. In my opinion this undermines the process. What good is a sale if you can't provide a quality solution and enhance future relations with the customer if the expectation is that 85% of your energy is spent on sales?

Randstad does pay well and has a very comprehensive training structure but I felt very unfulfilled everyday and found myself working 2 hrs extra each day to complete duties that fall to the way side when the pushing is always sales.
Pros
Good benefits, great training
Cons
Work life balance, leadership to an extent
Fun place to work
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Outstanding training, excellent career path, a company where you can build your own future through hard work. Our mission is to put people to work. It offers the opportunity to learn not just about staffing, but also about every local market industry.
You start as a Staffing Consultant and move up the ranks. Randstad focuses on promoting from within. Most executives started in Consultant roles.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Sr. Information Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy helping clients with strategical technology issues. The company is an excellent career and business partner for an individual.

Dynamic, versatile, hands-on Technology Leader who leads teams to design and implement successful business projects that align IT objectives and deliver rapid results. Energetic, trusted, detail-oriented and strategic solutions provider with outstanding leadership, project/program management, and technical architecture expertise. Hand-picked by executive team to turn around underperforming programs; he is an accomplished leader and is known and respected for leading successful change in projects and building credibility with executive teams and staff. Solutions driver who bridges the gap between business and technology with expertise in managing complex programs and multiple concurrent projects. Experienced in implementing solutions using cloud-based platforms including its integration between legacy applications; high-level experience in developing and deploying ERP solutions based on Oracle applications and Service-Oriented Architectures.
Compensation is great but work/life balance is not so great
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
Great company to work for if you are looking to work long hours and advance in your career. Managements expects for you to come in each day at 8am and not leave the office until after 7pm - doesn't leave much room for a life. However, they do take care of their employees. If the manager takes the team out for dinner - it is a fancy dinner. The company throws parties all the time. Compensation can be very lucrative if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Lucrative compensation; great medical benefits
Cons
no work/life balance; long hours are expected
Great work environment and great recruiting team
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 22, 2016
Randstad Technologies is one of the top IT recruiting firms in the country with locations in the United States and Canada. The culture in the office was very eclectic, and it was a positive and upbeat environment. However there was no formal training program, and with never being a recruiter before it was a struggle to learn the ropes and all of the ins, and outs of recruiting. The job was very metrics driven and employee success was measured upon number of phone calls placed rather then candidates placed. I drove 80 miles round trip each day to work in Frisco because I was proud to be apart of such a great recruiting firm. Three months into my new career I was let go with no warning and no clear explanation. Randstad has strong reviews on websites such as glassdoor, but my experience with them as an organization personally was the worst of my career. The company has a high turn over rate and offers little job security, not a job I would recommend unless you can stay seated for 8 hours straight and make as many phone calls as possible.
Pros
Team Building Events, good culture, and great work life balance
Cons
No formal training, weak management, weak communication between management and team members
Randstad
Mortgage Loan Processor/Legal Document Review (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did at the bank. I rated it low for compensation, since there are no benefits and that was expected, given that is a temporary agency. As for job security and advancement. I feel that we were misled about the contract that Randstad had with the bank and we were blind-sided when the contract was set to expire.
Pros
Good pay, management was receptive and communicative
Cons
no benefits, bad communication when the contract expired.
Loved this job!
Contractor for One West Bank (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Great team, great management. Wish I could have stayed longer! I worked at One West Bank in pre-foreclosure. We learned a ton about the mortgage and reverse mortgage industry.
Pros
good pay, great people, interesting work.
Cons
no job security. they were trying to sell our part of the company. never managed to, so some got picked up permanently. many of us left too soon!
Lenel Support Desk
Lenel Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYAugust 12, 2016
Management beyond direct supervisors have no idea how the work gets done nor do they understand the need to replace people quickly. The department is in a constant state of being short staffed and the clients have become more difficult to deal with. There seems to be little to no chance for actual growth within the company starting as a contractor.
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Taking 15 minute breaks is frowned upon unless you are a smoker, small percentage of people doing a large percentage of the work, little to no feedback from management (positive or negative), no benefits for contractors or days off.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Had and assignment at a vitamin company for 5 years. Worked around some very good people with good intentions. A typical day there was fast paced and made the workday go by fast. It was a learning experience to see how the vitamins were packaged and shipped out to their customers. In my opinion the management was at their best when I first started there. They were more experienced in the job process than the current management now. Things have changed a lot since then. Didn't like a lot of the changes that were made and I think it hurts the company in the long run. Hardest part was trying to work with some of the management because they don't understand the level of difficulty it takes to perform the job properly. As far as the agency is concerned, they do their best to put you with a good job.
Pros
free meals on special occasions
Cons
Very slow to hire for permanent positions
A great environment, people, job opportunities as long as nothing major happens
Merchandise picker Handling (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 20, 2017
There is a very long story behind the fact that I don't like Randstad. In a generalization of how I feel about them,.. In a personal sense, less than compassionate in true times of need or distress. Even if they were the ones to cause the distress etc. In a professional sense, there is no professionalism. It's all fake niceness (until they sink their claws into you), and usually nothing available job wise that fits a person's schedule, etc. Management is rude, and less than compassionate or remorseful when an associate is in dire need. I would never recommend them. Not to anyone that I know. Not even to a mere stranger.
productive and fun space
Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJDecember 20, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.