Nice place to work - different activities all year long and get to work lots of staff and volunteers.
Site Manager (Current Employee) – Valley Forge, PA – September 20, 2015
- A typical day starts with indoor work: cleaning the main part of the building, attending to some maintenance tasks, and setting up for activities happening that day. That's followed by outside landscaping work - which depends on the time of year.
- I learned a great deal of skills working on HVAC, electrical and plumbing tasks, a bit of carpentry, some cleaning techniques, some small motor maintenance and working with different groups of people to get a job done.
- Management was hit and miss - depending on the position being filled and priorities at other sites. There are a lot of sites and we were understaffed for quite a bit of time.
- Co-workers were great -we helped each other out at critical times.
- Hardest part of the job was winter plowing, salting and shoveling. I will not miss that.
-Working with lots of people on great programs for girls was certainly the most enjoyable and fulfilling.