Company Overview: Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college; it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers in fields such as automotive, construction, electrical, information technology and manufacturing. Ranken’s modern facilities, state-of-the-art shop equipment and abundant resources provide an excellent environment for comprehensive technical education. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our 96 percent job placement rate within six months of graduation. Visit www.ranken.edu for more information about Ranken Technical College.
Responsibilities: Provides technical support via telephone, email, and in person for the College by answering Help Desk calls, performing installations, troubleshooting, and ensuring correct configurations and software support for the entire campus.
- Identifies and resolves hardware and software problems to ensure effective and timely problem resolution, including initial documentation and troubleshooting until calls are resolved (Track-IT). Keeps users and other technical staff informed until issues are resolved.
- Administers and manages the installation and upgrade of all client applications including lab software installs, upgrades, and patches. Ensures all computer labs are functional and presentable.
- Monitors and reports potential campus network, computer policy, and computer security related issues.
- Performs basic installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and software.
- Ensures all campus systems are protected from virus, malware, and intrusion.
- Completes laptop support which includes installation, configuration, and repair.
- Completes cabling installation and provides maintenance and support for entire campus.
- Performs special equipment set ups for campus events.
- Directs student workers to ensure they are completing work orders timely and satisfactorily.
- Develops documentation for troubleshooting procedures, checklists, and guidelines to ensure consistent application of standards. Documents errors and monitors frequent or recurring problems to identify needs.
- Prioritizes work and monitors timely resolutions to best meet user needs.
- Associate’s degree in computer technology.
- Completion of certificate program in Computer Technology, A+ Certification; MCP (Microsoft OS and Office), CCNA preferred.
- One to three years of hands-on experience in PC hardware, installation, configuration and troubleshooting; also in Operating System and Office productive software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting; network experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and prioritization/time management skills.
- Hours: 10 am – 6 pm.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to complete job functions and to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Company Information: If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE
Mail: Attn: Human Resources
Ranken Technical College
4431 Finney Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63113
Indeed - 12 months ago