Entry Level Estimator (Third Shift)
Rapid Sheet Metal is a progressive and growing company specializing in short lead time sheet metal custom manufacturing. It is a fast paced environment where we provide custom sheet metal products in 2 to 8 days. We ship 800 to 1000 unique part numbers for well over a hundred customers each month….so our people need to be skilled in their functions. We are growing and looking for skilled capable people to join our team. We are currently looking for an Entry level Estimator for our third shift. Our third shift Entry Level Estimator start at 10:00 PM and work until 6:00 AM with a paid 20 minute lunch and a 40 hour week Monday thru Friday.
Summary: Modify provided 3D models utilizing Solidworks to provide a 3D assembly overlay, forming prints, work order and a sheet metal flat pattern that will be manufactured in house, holding responsibility for maintaining all information pertaining to the part until it is shipped to end customer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help the team complete all jobs within two days from the time the PO is received.
- Produce documentation for Rapid’s manufacturing mechanics to manufacture simple sheet metal and machine parts.
- Produce PO and documentation for outside venders.
- Communicate with end customers on simple design changes and finishes.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Extract information from 3D model geometry and translate the information for the manufacturing floor.
- Quote basic parts and assemblies.
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up quote request and add new customers to data base.
- Perform any other functions as requested by management.
- Entering new purchase orders in ERP software and coordinating with engineering and customer service rep as required.
- When appropriate, consults with customer to review any discrepancies between design and manufacturing processes.
- Work with shop personnel to review different methods for providing optimal sheet metal manufacturing method to use for the part of the process
- Send all necessary information to the vendor to complete the job.
- Understands gains and losses
- Modifies provided 3D models for simple brackets, flat parts, and parts hardware.
- Utilize Solidworks to provide a 3D assembly overlay, forming prints, work order, and a sheet
- Ability to read drawings and customer prints as required
- Experience in Solidworks a plus, computer skills required
- Good communications skills
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Prefer 3+ years in applicable experience
- Prefer High School Education or equivalent
We offer competitive wages based on experience as well as an excellent benefits package.
Rapid Benefits Package
- Progressive health care plan subsidized by employer contributions
- Excellent Paid Vacation Plan
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Employer Contributed IRA Plan
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Plan Available
- Short Term Disability Insurance Available
Submit your resume in PDF or MS Word format
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.