Rapid7

Rapid7 Employer Reviews

Rapid7 appreciates engineers.
Senior UI Developer (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good pay/benefits, free snacks/drinks, good workstation, work from home when needed
Cons: high turnover
Most days I come and leave when I feel like; as long as I get my work done and communicate my status at our daily standup, everything is good. I'm able to work from home when I need to. Deadlines are in place, but the workload is rarely a burden.

The different teams are fairly silo'd, so it may be different depending on where you land. Despite high – more... salaries, good benefits, and a flexible workplace, turnover is fairly high. I think upper management may be trying to optimize too much sometimes. – less
A mismanaged company
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work, telecommute
Cons: overtime, mismanagement, bureaucracy, deceit
If you have a decent career, don't ruin it by gambling on Rapid7. This is the main purpose of my review, to prevent another person from making the same mistake as myself and others who joined this company.

Typical day: work 10 hours at home or office. Work can be very interesting to very boring.

Learned: rule engine programming

Management: or lack – more... thereof, terrible

Hardest part: not doing proper research on this company before joining

Enjoyable part: co-workers

Pros:

# good co-workers, depending on your luck
# challenging work
# ability to work from home

Cons:

# incompetent management from CEO to manager level. Company changes directions multiple times in quarters while not hiring additional resources, there is essentially no plan. Managers need training, a lot of them are highly technical people who have been promoted to manager level too soon.

# insane work hours... I would put the daily average at around 10 hr / day for the core engineering teams. I have never seen employees work this long before, of course some overtime is understood but overtime all the time?

# high level of bureaucracy and back biting and little chance of career advancement.

# lack of proper QA, testing is usually 2-4 days before release to public – less
The best career decision I've ever made!
Current Employee (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2013
Such an amazing mix of innovation, culture, passion, and a work/life balance is encouraged!
Challenging and Fun Place to Work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch on fridays, unlimited vacation
Cons: benefits
I have been here for 6 years and often get asked why I have been here as long as I have. Here are my reasons:
*Love the people I work with and work for. Everyone is passionate about what they do and care about doing quality work. Also, people are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. No such thing as 'that's not included in – more... my job description' - (and yes, this includes upper-level management - on a technical or non-technical level).
*Career advancement opportunities. This is a combination from rapid7 growth and working hard. If you are going above and beyond, you will get career advancement or transfer to a department you're interested in getting into. If you are doing what's 'required,', you will not see opportunities.
*Piggy-backing off bullet point #2, it's fun being part of a growing company; every year is different and presents a set of new challenges.

Things I wish I could change:
*Benefits are average, nothing remarkable – less
Best Career Experience you will ever have
Director at Rapid7 (Current Employee), BostonFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great culture, people, products, leadership, growth
I have been with Rapid7 for almost two years now and without a doubt it has been the most satisfying, exciting and growth oriented experience of my career. This is a company that embraces innovation and new ideas, encouraging their employees to push what is possible. The people are really smart and also very dedicated to succeed. There is unlimited – more... growth potential and the executive team really invests in their groups, from learning initiatives to career planning. Oh - we also have a ton of fun here too. It is not often I would say it is "fun" to go to work every day, but Rapid7 makes me often feel that way. We have a high bar for who we hire - but if you are up to it you should definitely check us out. – less
Great growth and exciting company
Channel Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2012
Great company to work for and definitely an exciting place to work.
Great progressive company to work for.
Senior Security Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 30, 2012
Pros: travel everywhere in the world.
Cons: never home and paying a mortgage.
Progressive company with amazing security products and services. Talented co-workers, eager to learn and accelerate their careers. Obtained advanced knowledge of security applications, best practices and compliance regulations across many industries. My position required weekly out-of-state travel. Had the opportunity to meet great people in the IT – more... Security and related fields. – less

About Rapid7

Rapid7 is the leading provider of security risk intelligence solutions. Rapid7's integrated vulnerability management and penetration – Read more