Rapiscan Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

Great work environment over seas, with travel.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 9, 2015
On a typical day contracting, we were always ready to get on the move from site to site. Sometimes we would stay away from home for years, and away from our own room for weeks. Troubleshooting with the tools you bring on site. Each site would change week by week and every employee was responsible for parts, paperwork, tools, travel, and other accommodations.
Pros
Fast work pace and lots of travel.
Cons
Far from home and common comforts.
Challenging Company
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 29, 2014
This company is very good at manufacturing Baggage scanning Xray machines. Work culture is decent and employees are friendly. Provides healthy atmosphere to work. Managers understands employees and resolve work-life balance.
Pros
work-life balance, friendly team, challenging work culture
Cons
lab & cafeteria facilities, rest rooms may needs little-bit uplift
Great company to work for.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  BAFMarch 25, 2014
They provided all the tools necessary to complete our jobs. They trained us very well and took extremely good care of us.
Total dissapointment
Customer Serv Eng (Former Employee) –  Torrance CAJuly 27, 2013
This company is so below the average that it made headlines for selling taxpayers garbage in US airports with their inept body scanners. They make cheap radio active systems and quadruple what they charge DHS. I spent the majority of my time being task out to fix their broke equipment stateside for a fraction of pay while waiting to be deployed over seas. I would not let any one I know with any class submit for a job with this loser company.
Cons
being black while working for bama's
Support Production
Assembler/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2013
I am a hard worker. I get along well with others. I like to route cable, assemble x-ray machines from scratch to finish, and testing the machine.
Pros
free lunches every month, birthday cake every month