Headquartered in McLean, VA, The Rappaport Companies has provided the Washington, D.C. area with professional real estate services centered exclusively on the retail segment for the past 25 years. Founded in 1984 by Gary D. Rappaport, The Rappaport Companies owns and develops shopping centers and provides retail leasing, tenant representation, property management, receivership, bankruptcy trustee management, construction management and development services for space in shopping center and mixed-use properties throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
The Rappaport Companies is committed to providing a challenging and rewarding workplace environment, with an emphasis on a healthy work/life balance, and offers a wide variety of benefits; including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance and more!
The Rappaport Companies is currently seeking a full-time Project Manager. As part of the Development team, the Project Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, and general oversight of all assigned construction activities undertaken at company owned or managed properties which may be retail only projects and mixed use projects consisting of retail and multi-family housing. A qualified candidate will be able to oversee the selection and management of general contractors, aide in the selection and management of the consulting team, assist with the permit and design process, be a critical component of the leasing process, and help transition the project to a property management stage.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
The Project Manager will manage construction programs for timely and on budget completion, site evaluation, budget preparation, environmental report reviews, A & E coordination, sign vendor management, contractor qualifications review and approval, bidding process, construction implementation, and all related activities necessary to attain corporate goals and objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the construction component from site identification to turnover and closeout.
- Perform project planning, timelines, and budgeting.
- Create budgets and track costs, including invoices, change orders, and budget variances.
- Prepare contracts per company standards, including insurance requirements and schedules.
- Manage engineers, attorneys, architects, and other vendors.
- Coordinate with local municipalities and financial institutions for bonds/letter of credit. Track thereafter through release of bond/letter of credit.
- Responsible for project entitlements with city, county, state, and other government entities, including giving presentations where necessary and coordinating for permits.
- Communicate effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Review Tenant Plans for approval by Executive Vice President.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and participate on regular status meetings, both internal and with owners, management companies, and/or tenants.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites concentrating on quality control, completion of scope of work, and project deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in construction, engineering, architecture, or development.
- Knowledge of general construction procedures, including ability to read and comprehend building plans.
- Commercial and residential real estate experience a plus.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Project (or other GANTT Charting Software), Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD.
- Experience with contract negotiations and responsibility for budgeting.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict, knowledge of the permitting process, and skilled in business writing.
- Strong technical, analytical, and strategic management skills.
- Travel throughout DC area and availability during off hours for emergencies.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, The Rappaport Companies has provided the Washington, D.C. area with professional real estate services centered...