Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

educational experience
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 22, 2017
teaching students hands-on what they need for a day in the medical assisting field. learned how to be in the position of leadership, and leading others.
I was a Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 19, 2017
My time with Rasmussen went by so fast. The pace of learning was quick with 3 month semesters. I would recommend anybody that is starting out with no IT experience to go to Rasmussen to learn the basics and get a better understanding to what IT Security career path you will want to follow.
Pros
Staff/Teachers
Cons
Short Semesters
flexible sociable work environment
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 15, 2017
Very faced pace but very interactive departmentally as well. There is room for growth and many opportunities. Leadership is wonderful. There is a lot of turn over though.
Love my job!!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 13, 2017
My job is always pleasant to come to. Everyone here is just really awesome to be around! I can't say there are any cons to being here, but there are a lot of pros!
Excellent student focused career college
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 13, 2017
Rasmussen College provides a supportive environment to adult learners pursuing a variety of career focused degrees. The culture and mission of the College are reflected in the work completed on campus everyday. Serving a diverse community of learners Rasmussen College seeks to provide an excellent and affordable education to the population it serves.
Review Summary
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 6, 2017
A Professional place to wok with well educated people. The students are great to work with and the job location is perfect for me. my manager is the awesome
Pros
convenient location
Cons
challenging students
You need to be friends with the management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 31, 2017
They offer good benefits and competitive pay. Colleagues are nice to work with. Time off is comparable to the industry average. However, if you are not friends with the management, your efforts are not noticed and opportunities for advancement are minimum. They tend to hire more people than they need and then lay off as a cleansing process. Caring about the numbers more than anything. Perhaps, things have changed, but back in 2009 it was not such a great place.
work study
Student Ambassador/Work Study (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2017
I am not an employee of Rasmussen College, as I am a work study for the college. Great school and great opportunity I am receiving to work here as a part time work study/full time student. I love the people and the atmosphere. Very professional from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave for the day.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Great company on the move.
Adjunct Accelerated Business Faculty (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 21, 2017
Rasmussen cares about the student and the learning experience. They expect their instructors to feel the same. Great culture and ample training available. You must work hard and be well organized.
Pros
Great Culture, Chances for Advancement
Cons
Difficult for Adjuncts to keep up with changes
Not Bad
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
I am just a work study and get paid by financial aid. They work very hard to accommodate my school schedule which is awesome. They are ver unorganized, definitely room for improvement.
Student Advisor
Student Advisor/Admission Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2017
Enjoyed the mission of the company helping individuals in searching for better opprotunities. It was a good working environment for a work life balance.
Good
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 20, 2017
Working and Rasmussen was a great start in my career. I learned so much from each person I worked with. I learned basic skills of administrative work.
Great environment to work with.
Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 18, 2017
Great environment to work with. Supervisor is very supportive.
Faculty, staff, and students are very friendly and pleasant.
Pay is good. Great working environment.
Pros
Wish work is permanent.
Cons
Can be very busy during finals week.
Love working remotely
Online English Professor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 11, 2017
Good job for working at home. A typical day includes interacting with students and grading essays. Additionally, there are live lectures that need to be prepared and presented.
Productive work environment.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 9, 2017
Good working atmosphere with enormous growth opprtunities. Well versed environment with friendly team and great to work with knowledgeable people. Less stressful.
Excellent education
Student Work Study for Student Records (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed my student work study position at Rasmussen College, it allowed me to interact with students and faculty on a daily basis. The hard part of the job was graduating and leaving the job.
Pros
education
Cons
pay
This was a work study position I loved
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 3, 2017
This position allowed me to add the administrative skills I was lacking to round out my resume. I had years of experience as manager but nothing administrative. This position enabled me to learn a tremendous amount about the inner workings of an office setting and equipment that I will be able to carry with me.
Pros
meeting new people, learning new skills, time for homework when duties are done
Cons
job ony exists while enrolled
Excellent School
Nursing school (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 28, 2017
I attended this college briefly for nursing school but was un able to finish due to finances. I would recommended this school t anyone looking for a great nursing career
Ok place to work
Admissions Manager-Present (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 23, 2017
Ok place to work. Work life balance is the best thing about working there. However, too much change in too short period of a time. Upper level are very secretive, they claim to be transparent but they are not. Very numbers driven!!
unstable, poor management, inconsistent application of policies
Worker (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 12, 2017
If you want to work for a company that is top heavy, unstable, creates an unhealthy work environment, and is out of touch, then this is the company for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rasmussen College. Our community is ready to answer.