Rasmussen College Employee Reviews in United States

Faculty Beware
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 23, 2016
Employees overworked, untrained, unsupported and without mentor, 60-80 hour work weeks for some disciplines with salary that is inappropriate. Medical insurance expensive and has many 12 months waiting periods before you're even covered. Eliminates jobs and fires employees frequently. In States with "at will employment" this if used frequently to eliminate employees. No job security. No reasonable work hours. For-profit school.
Pros
Hire anyone and everyone.
Cons
No breaks, no support, no reasonable work hours.
Horrible culture
Director (Former Employee) –  MidwestMay 17, 2016
Company culture was terrible. Management controlled via fear and threats. Hostile work environment along with very open dislike for LGBT community. Poor leadership
Example: male co-worker told he shouldn't leave to care for child--he has a 'wife' to do that.
Productive and fun workplace. Everyone is freindly and bright.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLApril 28, 2016
While working at Rasmussen's Land O' Lakes location I got to work with others that have great personalities and were very friendly. Each employee of the campus did their best to help students and community group members.
Draining: This place will suck the life right out of you.
Admissions (Former Employee) –  NPR/LutzApril 18, 2016
Upper management is not good.
Typical day was figuring out how to get through it.
They kept horrible employees too long and lost all the good ones. There was no hard part of this job, a monkey could do it.
Most co-workers were good, but management was the worst.
Salary is fairly good, and that is the only reason I lasted 5 years
Lastly, we were pushed to put people into school that had no right going.
Pros
Helping Students
Good job
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 1, 2016
Accounting tutor while i finished my classes. Was easy to figure out and management was very responsive when issues were present.
Pros
Easy to use
Cons
Ends with graduation
Great College! Doing college the right way!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 16, 2016
Rasmussen is an amazing place to work. Safe has the same moral values about the school and everyone works hard for the students!
Private College
nursing faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 21, 2016
Expectation is to spoon feed your nursing students and expect to change subject matter every 12 weeks. Toxic work environment and bullying among nursing faculty. It's all about the dollar when it comes to student decisions and not the faculty or the right thing.
Pros
Good benefts
Cons
Toxic work environment
Earn while I learn
Student Ambassador, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2016
Rasmussen College gave me the opportunity to help other students through the Career Services, Financial Aid, and Program Management by proctoring for the TEAS Test for nursing students. Working for Rasmussen College has been personally fulfilling, and I have enjoyed the educational culture of higher learning. My time as a student is coming to its close and I am actively seeking an internship to jump start my career in Social Media - Digital - Internet Marketing.

I research and search job openings for student and alumni, in specialized fields of study: Early Childhood Education, Graphic Arts, Human Resources, Human Services & Justice Studies. It was good to hear back from students and learn how appreciated this effort is.

My Supervisor for Career Services has taught me to be self-confident in my own career search, interviewing, etc. The Financial Aid Dept kept me busy with filing, and I was very organized for them. Proctoring for the TEAS Test was a good role for me. I interacted with the students when they needed me.

Visual Communication was my creative side by reminding the students of their resources and degree options on eye-catching bulletin boards.

Management, the Academic Dean & Staff, Instructors, and other Student Ambassadors are a breeze to work with. They were my Mentors, and life-long relationships have developed with many.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being on campus and representing the college as both an employee and as a student.
The hardest part of my job is having to leave. My time on campus is soon ended, since my educational career
  more... at Rasmussen has almost met its goal.

I am proud to commence my education and graduate in the Spring of 2016, with a Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Specializing in Internet Marketing.
Fast-paced energetic job
Student ambassador administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington MinnesotaDecember 31, 2015
A typical day for me at work. When I walked the doors that's my office I work in the front desk at Rasmussen college. I am the first face that people see when they walk in the door at our school. I punch-in at the computer and I look and see what are the projects that are due for the day. such as filling, making phone calls, or setting up appointments with advisers. The great thing that I've learned from working at the office multitasking if you cannot multitask you are weak link in the office and I hate being a weak link. My supervisors are great leaders and they inspire me to be a good leader as well my coworkers are the best buch of people I know. The hardest part of the job for me is when a student comes to me for help and I cannot help them. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the student and actually helps them.
Pros
The supervisors are super lenient
Cons
I haven't found any cons
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 28, 2015
The work studies are not treated like real employees and are left out of a lot of things. However everyone is willing to teach you or show you how to do different things.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Work study are not treated like real employees
Studen Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 23, 2015
greet students, answer phones, assists students with clerical work, help with misc. events and with projects the campus gives us. Assists with advertising for events and career fairs. Call students if needed.
Fun place to work
School of Technology and Design-Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2015
I was not there long but the time I spent here was great. Team building and room fro growth was always talked about. There was always something going on that was geared to working with students
Decent workplace
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 10, 2015
Decent workplace but the management is sometimes very micro-managing. Not flexible hours. The insurance plan is expensive. The goals can be challenging but it is okay if you miss them.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
Bad Work/Life balance
Rasmussen College is Wonderful
Certified National Tutor (Current Employee) –  national onlineNovember 4, 2015
They are an excellant place to work. As a student I am in constant touch with my supervisor to ensure that both the studying and work end have a great balance.
Pros
Online Work
Excellent work environment helping people!
Executive Program Manager (Current Employee) –  WausauOctober 21, 2015
I love working here! I have the best team of co-workers, they are my family. I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to! I've worked here for 8 years.
Productive and fun
Merge Student Files (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 17, 2015
I am able to consistently stay busy as day to day I have student paperwork that must be copied and filed, as well as files that need to be pulled and boxed up into categories.
Pros
My manager entrust me to stay busy as she is located in another part of the building.
Forced unprepared students into school
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 6, 2015
Students were forced into school, even if they weren't ready. I found this very unethical. Management pushed us to push them into school, even if they were not ready.
Pros
environment
Cons
forced students into school
Good company to work for
Student Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 6, 2015
Advanced to 3 different jobs. Pay wasn't that great for the hard work we had, and quotas to meet. Nice environment. Some students were forced into school, when they weren't ready.
Pros
environment
Cons
Forcing students into school when nor ready
Good management and they care about the student
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2015
Fun place to work. I learned a lot. The management really cares about the students. The school continues to add programs that are in high demand career fields.
Filing papers, greeting students and taking phone calls
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Rasmussen college is a great place to work. I also intend this college so they work with my school schedule. The work can be very intense with dealing with students and their school needs but overall i enjoy it.