Rasmussen College

Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

Love it
Receptionist- Work- Study (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2015
The Campus & staff are all amazing. The make sure their students needs are met to the best of their ability as a campus. They are like one big family that invites you in if you are inquiring about the school or working there they are always willing to help out.
Private College
Adjunct Instructor for Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Ocala, FLApril 8, 2015
It was a private college so they expected you to hand feed the grades to the students. It was very student friendly, which is sad due to the fact that they are training the future of medicine.
Feedback
Sr. Admissions Advisor/Program Manager (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMarch 26, 2015
Cons: Lacks diversity
Fast productive, work environment. Work-life balance was great! Enjoyed helping others was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Work Study
Assistant to the Deans/Library Assistant (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 2, 2015
Currently working here while going to nursing school full time and working another full time management position. Good place to go to school and work.
One of the best jobs I ever had
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Maitland FloridaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: rewarding experience
Cons: micromanagement
It's not perfect anywhere, but at Rasmussen I was encouraged to outperform my own previous successes, and I did. A true sense of accomplishment was achieved by helping others start, and continue to earn their degrees.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Fast paced company trying to stay competitive in the market. The job brings variety and there's always something new to learn. The end result is doing what's best for the student.
Interesting
Information Systems Management Faculty (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 23, 2015
A unique environment for a non-traditional college setting. Good people typically. Corporate feel and approach is common.
Was a great experince for my internship
Internship (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: was only an interenship/work study
Great morale and a great overall learning experience. Learned a lot about registration for online classes. What requirements are expected to maintain financial aide.
Great Place to Work
Student Accounts Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Elmo, MNDecember 30, 2014
I like working in an office setting. I would help the Manager with daily tasks and data entry and bookkeeping. I learned a lot and with my education, it was wonderful.
Fast Paced
Program Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
A typical day will include making on average 60 calls per day, 75% of time you are on the phone. There are constant changes and one must be able to learn, adapt, and change. Micromanaged environment, calls and computers are monitored, it is a very competitive environment. One has the opportunity to meet a lot of people and have great conversations, at the end of the day it is a rewarding job.
Job Review
Resources (Former Employee), MinnesotaNovember 17, 2014
A typical day included managing tutors and connecting students with resources.
Educational facility that encourages educations, career advancement and relationships
Work Study- Library and Financial Aide Assistant (Former Employee), Rasmussen College, Blaine, MNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lunch provided by rasmussen college quite often
Cons: this was only a temporary position for me while i was in school
A typical day would include pulling financial aid documents for students, to either fax, mail, or scan to Rasmussen financial aid employees or mail information to students. Also, I would process graduate financial aid packets which needed to mailed to the student with information needed to pay back their loans. The management and co-workers were wonderful to work with. They were very encouraging, helpful and was willing to teach me anything that I asked about. There was not really a hard part of the job, but the most enjoyable part was working with some wonderful people, in an environment that was very fun and positive. The whole staff encourages and supports each other.
Entry-level admissions, sales and recruting
Admissions Counselor/ Program Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 23, 2014
I had excellent experiences working with my students to set and reach their educational and career goals!
Fun company
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 17, 2014
Rasumssen was a great job with great people to work with. I enjoyed the college atmosphere and like helping students.
Fun place to work with friendly people and plenty of free food days
Work Study Student (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: part-time
As a work study, I would only work 4 hours per day every week day. The staff is very friendly and befriend you at the drop of a hat. The hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the location of certain student files to insert paperwork that belongs in those files. The best part would be the occasional pot-lucks we have where everyone brings in a dish to share. Free food is always a nice thing.
A learning culture for employees and our students
Director of Training and Development (Current Employee), MinneapolisSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee and learning environment
A 'typical' day contains working with various departments and meeting the needs of those departments. Overall my responsibility is to match solutions to the individual needs and goals of my internal and external customers.
This is a college
Student (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i am getting my degree
Cons: to much money
My learning experience here was great. I liked most of my teachers and the faculty of Rasmussen. I was studying to get my BS in accounting. The students were just like me there to learn.
Fun place to work, company values their employees
Work Study (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day consists of making phone calls and performing file keeping tasks. I learned a lot about how a college operates and how all departments coordinate with one another. The management team and co-workers are all friendly and helpful.
Rasmussen is a Great Place to work, but not grow!
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 23, 2014
Pros: transparency
Cons: not much growth
Overall, Rasmussen is a great place to work. Everyone is close knit, and there is great transparency. The work/life balance is also good based on their understanding of weather, family and emergencies. The benefits are good, but there is no tuition-reimbursement. Management is very approachable and the overall job culture is progressive. There was not much room for growth however, it is a great place to work.
Productive and educational work environment
Financial Aid/Tutor (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule for homework.
Start the shift off with mentoring students and during this time I was able to learn different learning methods along with teaching methods. The hardest part of this job was mentoring someone that wanted to give up, but the challenge was not impossible and I found ways to over come it by either discussing personal experiences with them or figuring out the root problem so we could resolve it.

1 2 3 4