RATNER COMPANIES

RATNER COMPANIES Employer Reviews

Hmm
District Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great vision
Cons: horrible pay
Not for the Stylist only the company. Changes pay structure all of the time. Not great on doing educatiional classes. You will do mostly clipper cuts all day, and the management is unprofessional.
The most dynamic place I've ever been
Digital Applications Designer (Current Employee), Vienna, VADecember 19, 2013
I think that sums it, a very fast paced environment, very challenging, everyone flies by the seat of their pants everyday, but at the same time, everyone is right there, ready to break your fall if anything goes wrong.
Family oriented work place
PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee), Vienna, VANovember 20, 2013
It is a very nice place to work, you learn a lot and management is very nice and great co-workers.
Terrible Management
Receptionist (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDOctober 27, 2013
Pros: front desk experience in a fast paced environment
Cons: lack of management and a sense of security
I thoroughly enjoyed working with clients and providing them with a pleasant experience. I didn't like the lack of leadership within the management. It was hard to go to school at the same time because they wanted me on call all the time when someone wouldn't show up for their shift.
Uncomfortable Physically and Mentally
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bubbles Salon, Fredericksburg, VAJune 15, 2013
Pros: worked near a window
Cons: everything!
Working for the salon was both physically demanding (standing when there's no customers in the building, yeah that's a lot of fun) and mentally exhausting. The hairdressers liked to gossip behind your back and were not so subtle when it came to talking about you...while you were there. Management was very poor and was not concerned with receptionists – more... and their work/life balance or even receptionists' concerns. Breathing in chemicals all day for minimum wage and nasty co-workers? No thanks! Oh and did I mention the lack of lunch? Yeah. You have to find a few minutes to eat here and there. That and you couldn't leave the front desk. or eat at the front desk. Seems a little backwards... – less
Could have been better.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 28, 2013
Worked at one of their Hair Cuttery locations. More money needs to be invested into stores and technology. Pay wasn't great. Work environment was high drama.
A positive and productive work place.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMay 6, 2013
Pros: having a positive connection with clients.
Cons: when i could not make a connection with my client.
Working with a team of hair stylist that made coming into work enjoyable. We relied on each other no matter what kind of day we were having. Our manager's focus was to make the environment enjoyable for our client's as well as for the employees. It was rewarding to be able to enhance the client's beauty and see that they were satisfied with the hair – more... service. – less
Fun place to work for the first 30 days
Associate Relations (Former Employee), VAOctober 31, 2012
Dont do it. If you want to be recognized for doing your work keep looking. You have to be part of the crew for any recognition, regardless of your work or potential.
productive and fun working enviorment
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Browns Mills, NJSeptember 17, 2012
i love the staff and customer i sawon a daily basis and would recommand anyone looking for a first time to start here.
Does not follow their own mission statment
marketing (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: monday bagles/donuts-many group events to create fun
Cons: over worked and understaffed.
At the start this was a fun and great company to work for. Then management changed and it was downhill from there. My co-workers are the best. I loved this job until they kept making changing managers and then loosing them. Very confusing.
Productive and Fun workplace
District Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, IlJuly 31, 2012
An incredible organization that really cares about their people. It's very family based.
Great company to work for but my compensation for hours worked is strictly commission based. .
Instructor/Associate (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 2, 2012
Pros: variety, consistency, appreciation, flexibility
Cons: commission
Upon arrival to the location, I am usually met by a minimum of seven coworkers, all women. So as you may expect, the ambiance varies. Usually this makes for an even more interesting day. There is never a dull moment and I absolutely love it. The management team, which I once was a part of, consists of two incredibly talented individuals. The hardest – more... part of the job for me is not knowing what the client flow will be from day to day, which is a direct reflection on my bi-weekly pay. I need to know at the end of my forty hour work week, I will be compensated for that time. My customers and clients are also wonderful people who over the past nine years have become like family to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling I get when the customer thanks me and expresses all types of appreciation for me being skilled and being able to turn their dislikes into likes, and doing so in a reasonable amount of time. – less

June 6, 2013

My daughter was hired for a stylist position at the salon located in hatfield pa. She was told that a regional mngr would be contacting her with all requirements. she was welcomed aboard! This would have been her first stylist position to which she was overly EXCITED to start. The regional mngr contacted my daughter and told her that they weren't hiring at the moment and that she could apply in the near future. NOTE* She is Black! Hmmm!!!

Good company
Senior Facilities Technician (Current Employee), East CoastAugust 4, 2013
If you are a good fit for a position with this company it is an absolutely great organization.