Founded in 1994, Rauch Associates is a Silicon Valley research firm specializing in gathering competitive intelligence information in sophisticated B2B environments. Our clients include some of industry's leading technology (systems, soft-ware, web, networking, telecom, etc.), manufacturing, retail, health, finance, and insurance companies.
We are expanding our operations and are seeking independent consultants, with excellent interview, analytical, and communications skills, to perform Primary Market Research Analyst activities, and enjoy the following advantages:
· Virtual Environment – Rauch Associates is a virtual office environment - all work can be performed from a home office or any virtual office around the world without having to commute to any company office.
· Flexible Work Hours – Analysts are assigned mutually agreed upon work assignments with a corresponding completion time. Analysts are free to set their own work hours (generally within a typical business day time zone) subject to being able to com-plete agreed upon work assignments.
· Paid Training – Rauch Associates offers paid certification training to qualified consultants on Rauch research methods and techniques. Once certified, independent consultants are placed on the Rauch resource list and offered consulting assignments on an ongoing basis.
Duties will include:
· Conduct pre-sales type interviews with sales, marketing, and technical personnel at industry competitors to assess competitor business practices
· Analyze, organize, and correlate information from interviews, EMail exchanges, and independent sources (e.g. Internet, trade articles, company literature, etc.)
· Write final, customer-ready market research reports based on information supplied in interviews, company Web sites, and product and company literature
· Manage activities of Market Research Project Assistant(s) as-signed to provide background information and support for Re-search Analyst activities
Desired Qualifications include:
· 5-10 years experience in consulting, market research, investigative reporting, or high-level marketing
· BA, BS, or equivalent experience, MA/MS preferred, MBA a plus
· Analyst candidates must be able to engage in a mystery shop-ping sales cycle in order to conduct specific, custom interviews with key sales, marketing or technical personnel of target competitors. Strong communications and research, marketing, and investigative or sales interview background a must.
Reply with resume, phone number, and EMail address
Compensation: $50K to $100K/year