Marketing Analyst Job Description
Raybern Foods, LLC
Primary Position Objectives:
- Provide insightful analytical support to the Executive Team, Marketing Department and Sales Team.
- Manage sales forecast with ongoing shipment and consumption reporting. Revise forecast as necessary and monitor forecast accuracy.
- Assure successful execution of pricing, merchandising and distribution strategies by monitoring in-market performance and recommending course-corrections to Marketing and Sales Leadership.
- Identify potential fulfillment issues and work with customer replenishment teams as needed. Conduct diagnostics for stock-outs.
- Proactively monitor Raybern’s and competitor activity in the market place.
- Complete ad-hoc business performance assessments to aid in the development and successful execution of key corporate strategies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct analyses using available data (IRI, Nielsen, Panel, Retail Link, Other Customer Data, Shipment) and develop summarized situation assessment and identify future implications to the Raybern’s business. Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written summaries.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Analyze and drive insights from Wal-Mart’s Retail Link data as well as other customers’ data.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Complete on-going competitor analysis including assessments of their new product launches, pricing, sales, promotions and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Departments to understand their key priorities.
- Participate in the development of Raybern’s annual pricing, merchandising and distribution strategy and provide analytical support required to assure successful execution.
- Maintain a distribution-voids opportunity list for the Sales Team and provide fact-based selling tools to facilitate gaining customer approval of incremental items.
- Own post launch evaluation for new item launches and pre/post promotional analyses on an ongoing basis; develop reports that track merchandising effectiveness.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Become an industry expert for the categories Raybern’s competes in.
- Broad and strong analytical skills: able to effectively organize and synthesize large amounts of data and clearly present a summary of the situation and implications
- Experience with Retail Link and scanner data (Nielsen/IRI)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with expert skills in Excel (pivot tables, macros)
- Solid business acumen
- An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter able to generate new concepts with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the desire to be a team player and ability to work with diverse cross functional team members both internal and external.
- Understand tools and techniques to merchandise and market at retail.
- Knowledge of category management processes and application, and understands impact to the business.
- Marketing and Sales experience a plus
- College graduate
- Minimum 4 years business, marketing or sales analyst experience with a retailer or consumer product goods (CPG) company.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard