Raymond James Employee Reviews

Challenging working atmosphere.
Sr. Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 18, 2017
High powered, fast paced, working environment.

Raymond James Corporate is amazing. The Service Center employees are easy, helpful and wonderful to work with.

Its a joy working with clients. You meet some very amazing individuals.

The hardest part is working with an Advisor who is a Micro Manager who has a never ending ego. You can be treated as a 2nd class citizen.
Pros
Venders bring in meals periodically
Cons
No structured breaks.
Best Job Ever
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 16, 2017
This was the best job I ever had, fast paced, informative, modern tech. Family culture, I gained more tax info in 2yrs than any previous time. I got to do diffrent type of tax work which was great.
Pros
everything
High stress, poor management
Cost Basis Associate (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLOctober 16, 2017
I receive thinly veiled threats implying that I should do whatever it takes to get the work done. They know there is enough work to call for hiring extra associates but they see that we have been working over time for well over a year so the message received is that we have been doing it so we can continue doing it. Our personal lives are not a concern to them.

Management is not interested in personal development. They are only interested in what you can do for them. Pay is not on par with industry standards. Favoritism is rampant. Inappropriate relationships between management and subordinates is basically condoned, so if that behavior is accepted then you know other inappropriate behavior is overlooked. These things are swept under the rug so that RJ's reputation remains spotless.

Speaking up, providing anything less than positive feedback around here gets you nothing but reprisals. Their associate insight surveys that are done bi-annually result in apathy from upper management. They like to appear as if they are acting on the results but they don't.
Pros
average benefits
Cons
poor management and promotional opportunities
Contract position
Independent Consultant / ODI SME (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 1, 2017
Very stressful assignment, management did not have clear vision what they want to achieve; requirements has been changed very frequently, and thus a lot of work is useless
Great Company Poor Management
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Both Operation Managers at the Downtown Chicago Location weren't the highest quality. Micromanagement to maintain their own jobs was just a small fraction of why the work environment was/is miserable for most Client Service Associates that work there. If upper management spent more time recognizing what Operations is doing they'd see major flaws in the personalities in who they have chosen to hire. I could not have been more miserable in that environment. Sad because the company is a great company.
Pros
Great Company & Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible Operation Mgrs
Great environment
Bilingual Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I loved working here and the food was amazing.great people. Worked there as a temp but felt like i had been there for years felt like i was with family.
Corporate Image Associate (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLSeptember 13, 2017
No stress, great place to work. Wonderful supervisor who help you move up in the company. You learn a lot about the financial business while working there.
Pros
Parties
Cons
Expensive lunch in the cafeteria
Very helpful-lots of training, so you know the job
Support Specialist - Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 28, 2017
Good company. Good working environment. Very friendly co workers.
Flex schedules are available. Everyone helps out, any question you have, pretty much anyone could answer, with a few exceptions.
Productive workplace, clients made happy
Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLAugust 26, 2017
They work very hard to make sure their clients are happy and their accounts are managed well. Very friendly co-workers, a room to eat, heat up food, a fridge, etc.
Pros
Health cate
Nice place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 24, 2017
Everyone is professional. You can always count on someone for help. I always felt safe while at work. Lots of actives to boost the moral when it was going down. Lots of educational fairs with goody bags. Birthdays are celebrated :)
i love the culture, the mission of RJ.
Pros
happy place to work
Cons
parking lot floods when it rains
Unethical
Vice President (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 23, 2017
The firm is only concerned with their reputation and their company. They talk the game of creating a beneficial culture for all employees, but in reality, they are only concerned with protecting the firm and the Raymond James name in these volatile times.
i missed working at Raymond James
Customer Service-Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
It was a fun atmosphere very family oriented and the management team and co workers were very supportive. We had a birthday club, brought in a cake and snacks to celebrate co workers birthdays.
Pros
team work very effective
Cons
got laid off
Great Company
Senior PC Liaison - Customer Operations (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Fast-paced environment. Great benefits. I wish the salary advancement were a little bit better. Good campus amenities. There is plenty of recognition for a great job done.
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Low salaries
Fast-Paced Team Environment
Senior Interactive Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 13, 2017
One of the most noticeable changes I experienced in moving over to Raymond James is the team atmosphere. The work is very fast-paced, and attention to detail must be high. However, when you need the team, the team is there.

They are also adamant that senior developers work not only to train onboarding employees, but also help them grow and reach their full potential.
Pros
Team Atmosphere, continuous growth opportunities, great benefits, and room for advancement
Cons
Fast-paced, deadline-driven (even unrealistically sometimes).
Nice employer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 10, 2017
Since it has been about 20 years since I worked at Raymond James I do not have an opinion. As I remember it was a nice environment and nice people. Nice employer.
Prestigious yet demoralizing work environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургAugust 2, 2017
Politically driven work culture
Prestigious place to work in Tampa bay area in the financial services
Job security is non-existent
No flexibility in the workplace, very rigid culture
decent place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2017
no major complaints, been working for the company for quite some time. promotes from within. work, work play. great benefits package. 401k match. ......
Nice environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2017
I just was very lucky where the branch was located at and also nice coworkers. Very relaxed and good management, I wish there was more opportunity for advancement
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
advancement
Great office.
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
Philadelphia office with individual teams working within one office on big floor. Focused on passive exchange traded investments and individual stocks based on client request.
Friendly colleagues
Data Analyst & Lean Six Sigma Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2017
I was a student intern and I was never an enrolled employee at Raymond James. I believe, my review cannot be used for surveys.

It was great working with Raymond James team though, they were friendly. They guided us throughout our project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.