Raymond James Employee Reviews

Great Place
Corporate Credit Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Amazing culture for individuals who want to grow, better their community, and meet amazing people. Management is great and down to earth
Work, work, PLAY is the motto..
Domestic Clearance Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Work hard, prove your worth and you'll definitely get recognized for it. They always have some sort of event going on and you can choose to participate as an individual or with the department. The knowledge of Securities you will learn is mind blowing dealing with millions of dollars everyday. People are very nice and willing to cross train. Every holiday is fun. Contests, parties, potlucks.
Typical Fintech Company
Technical Lead, Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Wealth Management. Your Raymond James advisor will help you prepare for life’s major financial milestones and every moment in between. Explore Wealth Management.
Favorite Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 26, 2016
It was a fun environment to work in. I would make outbound and answer inbound calls, pull files, prepare paper work for clients, and anything else our financial advisor needed.
Pros
flexible work hours, nice work environment, lovely boss
Cons
temporary position
Nice place to work
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 13, 2016
Raymond James is a good work place, It is a fast pace environment with good training and oppurtunities for advancement and is also community friendly.
AML CLIENT INTELLIGENCE UNIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work with many great benefits, and the company culture is very impressive considering the size of the firm. It's a very likeable company.
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2016
great company but salaries were not very competitive. overall the work life balance was one of the best i have seen. If they offered more money I would go back in a heartbeat
Old School
Supplier RIsk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2016
Old school view on many things, that don't always translate to modern times. Decent work life balance, good culture. Limited benefits and advancement.
Productive and kind work place
Executive Administrator/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHNovember 10, 2016
• Assist Branch Manager in all administrative areas
• Maintain high level of confidentiality on documents, meetings and projects
• Accurately maintain client files and reports
• Maintain calendars and all daily correspondence
• Working independently, with initiative, and utilizing critical thinking in completing assigned projects.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Working closley with the Chief of Police and the Officers.
Account Transfer Associate II (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2016
Working at the police department in the fiscal was a little challenging as there was no good training for the position provided because the person I replaced left before I started. Thus, it was a situation that I had to train myself.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of training.
Very good company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2016
Very productive place to work with growth and advancement, you can learn a lot and also you get to learn about the stock market, investments bonds and stocks. There is growth within the company plus you also have the option of relocationg
Pros
Good company
Cons
contractor position
Good company
Operations Specialist II/III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2016
Great benefits and co-workers. Compensation package is good too. I would go back if I found the right position. Very good company.
Boring and conservative work environment
Branch Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2016
My current manager at Raymond James is the biggest micromanager I have ever come across. It will be a great day for when I no longer am her subordinate. She has single-handedly turned me off from the company entirely.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Great as a stepping stone
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2016
Good benefits and staff. Very limited room for growth and not good for a long term career. Best to work here for a little bit for experience and then move on to something else.
My experience from working at the Raymond James stadium in retail.
Retail Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2016
a typical day at work consist of receiving products from various manufactures. I would check for damages, count the products, write down how many of each kind and sizes, scan them into the system, tag them with our UPC, and box them up and stick a label on it. I learned how to handle product, how to work a register, and inventory. management wasn't involved when they needed to be, but when they were there commands contradicted each others which led to both managers arguing and no work getting down. management was very harsh as well, talking down to most of my co-workers an me. My co-workers were very happy and energetic, I've never had any problems with them. we could know out projects under an hour with no mistakes. i'd say the hardest part of the job would be correcting another persons mistakes which rarely happens but when it does its very time consuming. what i really enjoyed while doing my job is the satisfaction of completing various task at a fast pace.
Pros
hourly pay plus commission on game days. fun co-workers.
Cons
unorganized management. very hot environment with no AC. very mean managers.
Great company that lets you choose your own path
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2016
Training and back office resources are top of the line and they help you every step of the way. If you are pursuing a a job as a financial advisor, there is no better choice than Raymond James.
Privately structured
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Clientele were terrific.Different requirements for staff members.
Not enough task or responsibilities for a Full time position.
5 star company
Senior Portfolio Analyst | Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
I was with MorganKeegan/Raymond James for seven years. I truly enjoyed working for them. I gained a lot of experience in the industry. Their culture and work environment is one of a kind.
Pros
career path
Cons
the Atlanta office is too small for advancement
Great firm to grow with
Senior Vice President, Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2016
Joined the firm in a one man department (me) and was able to grow it to a major profit-center with over 80 employees. I joined the firm when it was small (about 200 employees). When I left it was huge with some senior management hires that disrupted the family atmosphere.
Pros
Great growth and earnings potential
Cons
New blood in senior management ruined the culture.
Proof read contracts initiated by brokers in the organization
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of sorting contracts for correct processing. Each day there are new laws and rules and areas that are constantly updating. My co workers and I all got along together at a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.