Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

Best Job I've ever had
Executive Portfolio Assistant (Current Employee), Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Laid Back, Amazing Manager, Work at my own pace but still able to keep on top of things, Taught me new things.
Safe company but advancement is weak
Technology Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2014
Cons: benefits, pay
Raymond James is a good company to start at, however, management is not the best. Culture is down in IT and advancement is very weak.
No room for advancement
Registered Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sr. management, pay, career advancement
Its a good job/career for someone who is only looking for a paycheck. No room for advancement unless you play the favorites games. The benefits are good but the pay is very low compared to similar businesses in the area.
Entry level role with established financial advisor
Associate Planner & Exec. Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: experience with a variety of products and portfolio construction
Cons: pay and work life balance need improvement
This role included associate planner client management responsibilities, as well as sales assistant duties including trading, wholesale meeting, extensive variable annuity prep work and follow up as well as research.
The firm was a long time established Raymond James firm and provided me great entry level experience in a sales assistant and associate – more... planner position. – less
Great place to work, friendly and family environment
Branch Operations Specialist I (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: close to home, great work enviroment
Answer multiline telephone, greet guests, add/edit/maintain employee files, order/maintain office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail, faxing, copying, Send out UPS and Fed EX, problem shoot PDA’s, phones, printers and computers, prepare reports, Organization of Work Environment, Peer Support services, Scheduling Meetings, Seminars and Corporate meetings, – more... order catering and maintain building maintenance issues. – less
Daily life at Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: commission schedule low compared to other firms.
6:30 AM - Arrive and read research
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Meeting with client
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Meeting with client
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Phone calls with clients/prospects
6:00 – more... PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner meeting with client

Taking care of the clients was best part of job. The lack of support was the worst. Each branch at Edward Jones was setup as an Island to run on your own. For the first 3 years as an adviser life can be hard with economics and time with family. – less
Business Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
The benefits are good but there is not much room for advancement. RJ is still a good ol boys shop.
Productive and fun place to work
Transfer Associate II/Contractor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day working at Raymond James in Account Transfer department is processing clients transfer request and assisting the Financial Advisor with documents requirements and statuses. I enjoyed with my co-workers, we work as a team always helping each other out when needed.
Excellent Company to work for.
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2014
I loved this job and would go back in a heart beat. Unfortunately, after 6 years of service I had reached the highest level attainable with the company and was seeking further career advancement.
Supportive management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Being able to enter the investment industry was something I had long desired and Raymond James made that possible. The management from corporate office to our local office were very supportive and assisted with all aspects of the job.
mostly good people, with a few exceptions
Vice President (Current Employee), Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2014
call on and answer calls from customers. deal with internal company issues. enjoy working with good clients that are open to me. dislike the duplicity of the company.
Work Environment
Securities Ops Admin (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: horrible
I felt that environment was cold and lacked depth. Not my type of work environment.
Great coworkers
IT (Former Employee), St. PeteAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: depends on the department
Hard place to advance and many jobs are being outsourced. The job quality all depends on which department you work for.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2014
Pros: often treat their employees to lunch
Cons: no cons
Raymond James is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits. Working remotely can at times be difficult with training and reaching out to management.
Comfortable place to work with excellent work life balance
Manager (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: unable to work remotely
This is a company where standard processes and proceedures are lacking however you do have the ability to define your role and flexibility to achieve.
Good company to work for overall.
Supervisor Account Transfers (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, no weekends, holidays paid, yearly bonus
Cons: the culture was ungoing extreme changes
I enjoyed my time at Raymond James. It was where I grew up personally and professionally. I would go back to work there any time.
fun place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2014
RJ was a great place to work,... unfortunately,.. I moved out of state to be near family and had to leave that position
Difficult Environment to Work In
International Clearance Team Lead (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very steady, profitable company
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance without relocating
The company has 3 back office sites located in St. Petersburg, FL, Southfield, MI and Memphis, TN. The organizational structure is set up so managers have direct reports in different sites. This causes a lot of issues within departments. There is a lot of miscommunication and differences in philosophy.
Mediocre investment bank
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
RJF experience varies between office and industry groups. Good, hands-on experience, but culture and deal-flow are seriously lacking.
The culture is changing
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons: sexism, favoritism, cronyism, low pay
It was a nice place to work at first, but now the culture is changing. If you are not a male, a part of a click, or someone's crony, your opportunities for advancement are very slim. In addition, the pay is very low for other firms in this industry and this size.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more