Raymond James Employee Reviews

Productive and kind work place
Executive Administrator/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHNovember 10, 2016
• Assist Branch Manager in all administrative areas
• Maintain high level of confidentiality on documents, meetings and projects
• Accurately maintain client files and reports
• Maintain calendars and all daily correspondence
• Working independently, with initiative, and utilizing critical thinking in completing assigned projects.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great firm to grow with
Senior Vice President, Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2016
Joined the firm in a one man department (me) and was able to grow it to a major profit-center with over 80 employees. I joined the firm when it was small (about 200 employees). When I left it was huge with some senior management hires that disrupted the family atmosphere.
Pros
Great growth and earnings potential
Cons
New blood in senior management ruined the culture.
Working closley with the Chief of Police and the Officers.
Account Transfer Associate II (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2016
Working at the police department in the fiscal was a little challenging as there was no good training for the position provided because the person I replaced left before I started. Thus, it was a situation that I had to train myself.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of training.
Very good company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2016
Very productive place to work with growth and advancement, you can learn a lot and also you get to learn about the stock market, investments bonds and stocks. There is growth within the company plus you also have the option of relocationg
Pros
Good company
Cons
contractor position
Boring and conservative work environment
Branch Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2016
My current manager at Raymond James is the biggest micromanager I have ever come across. It will be a great day for when I no longer am her subordinate. She has single-handedly turned me off from the company entirely.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
5 star company
Senior Portfolio Analyst | Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
I was with MorganKeegan/Raymond James for seven years. I truly enjoyed working for them. I gained a lot of experience in the industry. Their culture and work environment is one of a kind.
Pros
career path
Cons
the Atlanta office is too small for advancement
Self-absorbed company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2016
Management stinks and there is a constant high school clique quality about the firm. Work is constantly dumped on associates who are already swamped while others are allowed to surf the web all day. Certain people get away with everything while others are hounded constantly. Turnover is extremely high here so beware.
Pros
Made great friends here but they left too
Cons
Management ran by incompetent buffoons
Working in sunny South Florida
Client Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 28, 2016
Working in the local branch can be demanding but not difficult. Great co-workers. However, given that it's a branch, there is no opportunity for advancement or to try other positions as there is in the corporate office in St. Pete. Either you are an SA or an FA. That's it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, vacation structure, advancement
Proof read contracts initiated by brokers in the organization
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of sorting contracts for correct processing. Each day there are new laws and rules and areas that are constantly updating. My co workers and I all got along together at a team.
Normal help desk environment
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2016
Working in an open office space in a normal help desk atmosphere. Most employees are really friendly and play an active role in campus activities. The hardest part about the job is being tethered to your phone for eight hours a day.
Great company that lets you choose your own path
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2016
Training and back office resources are top of the line and they help you every step of the way. If you are pursuing a a job as a financial advisor, there is no better choice than Raymond James.
very professional work place, awesome none the less.
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
typical day at work was emailing clients and filing, as well as answering phone calls. I learned how to build experience in clerical work. my coworkers and managers were amazing! no hard part about the job, best part working with my mom.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons
More relaxed work environment but slow progression of talent
Educational Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
Typical financial services daily routine but Raymond James tends to be a little more relaxed regarding work environment compared to their competitors. In my tenure, I was able to learn a number of new skills and was able to gain certifications for the field in which I'm employed. Most of the associates are pleasant and outgoing, but there is a definite disconnect between the executive committee and the general line associates (Managers and down). Two of the biggest challenges in this organization has been the slow advancement of associates and the artificially low pay compared to market on many positions. HR seems to be updating some of the pay scales, but it appears to be a slow process.
Pros
Low cost health insurance, relaxed work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay to market, slow advancement, lack of professional development
Great as a stepping stone
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2016
Good benefits and staff. Very limited room for growth and not good for a long term career. Best to work here for a little bit for experience and then move on to something else.
Branch Marketing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2016
Coworkers and events make working here worthwhile. Busy atmosphere but technology is readily available for ease of use.
Management is always willing to extend assistance when necessary.
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2016
great company but salaries were not very competitive. overall the work life balance was one of the best i have seen. If they offered more money I would go back in a heartbeat
Not my ideal work setting or enjoyable career placement
Internal Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
Working in the environment of Raymond James was not pleasant. The pay is awful for the tasks that are expected and your treated like a gerbil on a wheel. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pleasant place to work but not enough work to keep busy.
Client Associate/Office Mgr./Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2016
Co-workers are nice to work with. Not enough work to keep busy, some days. The hardest part of the job was being self taught The most enjoyable part of the job is corresponding with the clients. Management is pleasant to work for but cannot confront employees if there is a problem.
Pros
Pleasant office to work in & close to home.
Cons
Hired as contract worker. No raise since hire date.
Old School
Supplier RIsk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2016
Old school view on many things, that don't always translate to modern times. Decent work life balance, good culture. Limited benefits and advancement.
We celebrated birthdays and treated employees to lunches.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. We were challenged daily. We were given access to education on products, back office, world wide departments.
Pros
Free lunches, good employees, good management.
Cons
It could become stressful at times but we had a team of great people .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.