Raymond James

Raymond James Employee Reviews

High stress from customers but, extremely good management
TSR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Training, Great practical use of ITIL
Cons: Stress
The callers are very random from nice people to the other extreme as well. The people you work with are all people persons. They have fun and the manager is genuine. She cares about her employees and the stresses you go through.
Work Day
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: office
Cons: unorganized
Review all previous day transactions to make sure they were completed.
Review my pending list to make sure all money movement items are done first for the day.
Review my list of reminder items that I must go over with the FA to make sure they are addressed.
Schedule a brief meeting with the FA's.
Work on other items that are pending, answer phones, trading and process paperwork as client and FA request.
Supervisor of Purchase and Sales (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 13, 2015
Very detailed work. RJA was a good place - Management could use some improvement, but overall a good place. Mentoring and network opportunities... need more levels of advancement.
Collaborative work place
Fee Based Associate (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FlAugust 5, 2015
I have learned a lot working a Raymond James. I have expanded my financial product knowledge and have seen first hand the collaboration involved in running a financial business each day.
FUN AND HARD WORK PLACE
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Salem, ILAugust 5, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE. I KNEW A LOT OF THE PEOPLE AND ALSO GOT TO KNOW SOME NEW ONES. DIDN'T LIKE WORKING THIRD SHIFT, BUT UNDERSTOOD I HAD TOO START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK MY WAY UP.
Professional work environment with potential for growth.
Registered Client Service Associate II (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 3, 2015
I have an extensive background in the investment and wealth management industry with a primary focus on customer service and relationship building. I am looking for a professional work environment with possibility for growth and advancement. I work well with others and appreciate a challenge. My favorite part of the job is working with the clients. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork.
great environment
Raymond James Summer Internship in IT Admin (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 28, 2015
Raymond James is a great place to work as an intern. I had a lot of fun learning about networking. If I could change anything it would be that there are more jobs for interns when they complete the internship.
Busy and Challenging
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Stability in a rough market
Cons: No growth beyond middle management
Learn new things everyday. Enjoyed the challenges presented on a daily basis. Personal satisfaction for a job well done in solving simple to complex issues.
Good client
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: financial
Fun work place with supportive management. The project focused on executing different credit risk exposure reporting according to the Dodd-Frank Act & Basel III regulation.
Great Department
Associate - Retail Tax Reporting Department (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Great team atmosphere, free lunches, free snacks
Cons: It was a contract position and ended to soon.
Contract position for the tax period.
My typical day included collecting incoming mail 2 to 3 times a day, distribute to associates in the department and process department mail. During the first 30 days I was assigned different projects such as updating client information, comparing primary addresses to billing address for state tax status and verifying country status in client database.
I learned about K-1s, Retail 1099's, various systems used by Raymond James and some of the rules regarding different types of Trusts and other tax rules.
Great management team and my co-workers in the department very helpful and willing to share their knowledge.
The hardest part of my job was sometimes not having enough to do.
I enjoyed the opportunity to learn about Retail 1099's and working with everyone in the department.
Excellent Organization.
Data Systems Analyst and Consultant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, location, Good management
Cons: Hard to get into
Excellent Organization to work for. Well balanced. It pays well and has many benefits for the employees. The work environment is different in that there is works of art on nearly everywhere. Great Place. Nice people.
Regional Strength
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2015
Firm known for its fixed income strength with a strong southeastern regional focus. It is a great place to launch a career and has a solid work life balance.
Loved it
Transfer Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2015
Raymond James was a great company to work for. It was all about family first and work second. I believe that kind of strategy made the employees work harder. I made a lot of contacts with other firms and Financial Advisors. Very friendly and helpful associates, we worked together as a team to get things completed. No one left behind at the end of the day.
Lots of opportunities to network and build relationships
Account Transfers Associate II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: Employee resource groups and Raymond James University
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement within operations
I love working for RJ. They emphasize the importance of diversity with employee resource groups. I have been lucky enough to be involved with 2 of these groups and have earned tremendous experience with networking and leadership. Operations can be tricky to advance within, but there are tons of other opportunities to move within the company.
Great learning experience
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 20, 2015
- Enjoyed working here
- Learned a lot from this place
- Co-workers encourage, appreciates and boost confidence
- Management cares about their employees
- Value clients' money
Operations Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Beautiful campus, wonderful benefits, wonderful people, great place to work. There is not enough i can say about this employer, i absolutely loved working their, it was the best.
Great Place To Work
Executive Assistant II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Salary/Benefits/Working conditions all far above average . . . Raymond James is an excellent company with an excellent reputation.
Wonderful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 29, 2015
Going to my office and being greeted with pleasantries from the time I walked off the elevator and throughout the day. Management was wonderful to work with. It was more like a family then co-workers.
decent place to work
Compliance Advisor (Former Employee), st.petersburgMay 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: outdated technology
Management truly cares about employee well being. Training is always ongoing as to keep employees up to date on the most current procedures.
very good authentic sculptures
Data Process (Former Employee), St PetersburgMay 19, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: very judge mental
Great overtime available. was able to do lots of overtime, and they also allowed you to make up hours if you needed to. Wanted to become a permanent worker.
Headquarters