Raymond James Employee Reviews

Privately structured
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Clientele were terrific.Different requirements for staff members.
Not enough task or responsibilities for a Full time position.
5 star company
Senior Portfolio Analyst | Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
I was with MorganKeegan/Raymond James for seven years. I truly enjoyed working for them. I gained a lot of experience in the industry. Their culture and work environment is one of a kind.
Pros
career path
Cons
the Atlanta office is too small for advancement
Great firm to grow with
Senior Vice President, Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2016
Joined the firm in a one man department (me) and was able to grow it to a major profit-center with over 80 employees. I joined the firm when it was small (about 200 employees). When I left it was huge with some senior management hires that disrupted the family atmosphere.
Pros
Great growth and earnings potential
Cons
New blood in senior management ruined the culture.
Proof read contracts initiated by brokers in the organization
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of sorting contracts for correct processing. Each day there are new laws and rules and areas that are constantly updating. My co workers and I all got along together at a team.
Normal help desk environment
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2016
Working in an open office space in a normal help desk atmosphere. Most employees are really friendly and play an active role in campus activities. The hardest part about the job is being tethered to your phone for eight hours a day.
Branch Marketing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2016
Coworkers and events make working here worthwhile. Busy atmosphere but technology is readily available for ease of use.
Management is always willing to extend assistance when necessary.
Close knit culture, service first
Client Service Associate, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2016
Raymond James is a rapidly growing financial regional wirehouse. I worked in many capacities, training new hires, and helping clients with statements and tax forms. I worked in several departments over a 21 year time frame, the last 6 months out of my home remotely in Wilmington, NC, which I enjoyed the least, since I was away from people. This was the hardest part of my job because I had to handle everything by phone and email and had no personal contact with management or coworkers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the results of the trainees as they were able to do their jobs on their own after going through my training. I also greatly enjoyed problem solving for clients.
I had several managers over the years and had a good working relationship with each of them. Raymond James emphasizes service first and I learned to implement this concept into all projects and training, as well as the design of our online investor access system.
My typical day was never typical as it was different each day. But my day always involved training others, answering emails and client calls, problem solving and usually a meeting or two.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
deadlines which created pressure, sometimes short staffed
fun
Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Great bunch of people to work with, great company. Learned alot at this company, was able to advance to a training coordinator for property and casualty insurance for implement/auto dealers.
Working in sunny South Florida
Client Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 28, 2016
Working in the local branch can be demanding but not difficult. Great co-workers. However, given that it's a branch, there is no opportunity for advancement or to try other positions as there is in the corporate office in St. Pete. Either you are an SA or an FA. That's it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, vacation structure, advancement
very professional work place, awesome none the less.
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
typical day at work was emailing clients and filing, as well as answering phone calls. I learned how to build experience in clerical work. my coworkers and managers were amazing! no hard part about the job, best part working with my mom.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons

Want to know more about Raymond James?

Ask a question
Not my ideal work setting or enjoyable career placement
Internal Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
Working in the environment of Raymond James was not pleasant. The pay is awful for the tasks that are expected and your treated like a gerbil on a wheel. I do not recommend working for this company.
Motivating and highly encouraging team
Practice Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Team gives freedom for exploring and inputting new ideas and new thoughts.
Learned and worked on new tools like Android Developer, Balsamic, FluidUI, BaseCamp.
More relaxed work environment but slow progression of talent
Educational Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
Typical financial services daily routine but Raymond James tends to be a little more relaxed regarding work environment compared to their competitors. In my tenure, I was able to learn a number of new skills and was able to gain certifications for the field in which I'm employed. Most of the associates are pleasant and outgoing, but there is a definite disconnect between the executive committee and the general line associates (Managers and down). Two of the biggest challenges in this organization has been the slow advancement of associates and the artificially low pay compared to market on many positions. HR seems to be updating some of the pay scales, but it appears to be a slow process.
Pros
Low cost health insurance, relaxed work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay to market, slow advancement, lack of professional development
Self-absorbed company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2016
Management stinks and there is a constant high school clique quality about the firm. Work is constantly dumped on associates who are already swamped while others are allowed to surf the web all day. Certain people get away with everything while others are hounded constantly. Turnover is extremely high here so beware.
Pros
Made great friends here but they left too
Cons
Management ran by incompetent buffoons
Fast pace, exciting, challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Raymond James!

Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world.

Learning how the financial world works.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 11, 2016
Great place, with great people. Great place, with great people.Great place, with great people.Great place, with great people.
Great culture, lean teams and diverse deal experience
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Raymond James is a great place to do an Analyst program. Culture is very collegial but still fosters an environment of hard work and accountability. During my time at RJ I've been exposed to several capital market transactions as well as sell-side and buy-side deals. It's been nice to get a mixed bag experience and learn various stages of the deal process from origination, structuring and all the way to financing the transaction. A typical day at the office starts at 8:45am. I usually spend an hour or so getting up to speed on emails, news and work from the previous night. By 11:00am, I've usually had a meeting or 2 with deal teams to go over punch lists for the day and expectations for deliverables. Lunch is usually at my desk if I'm really busy. A lot of the afternoon is spent turning work with senior MDs before they leave for the night. Once final marching orders have been given, generally spend the rest of the day (6pm-12am) refining pitchbooks or working on a client request. Pretty rare to stay past 2am at my office.
Pros
Small teams, culture
Cons
Rarely get a weekend off
We celebrated birthdays and treated employees to lunches.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. We were challenged daily. We were given access to education on products, back office, world wide departments.
Pros
Free lunches, good employees, good management.
Cons
It could become stressful at times but we had a team of great people .
Good work life balance
Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
Raymond James has a good work life balance. Technology wise they are at par with other firms. But growth here is very limited and compensation is not good enough.
Great Office
Sr. Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2016
Clearly defined job roles, solid technical team, dynamic environment and beautiful corporate campus. Good onsite cafe. Compensation was way below market
Pros
Casual Fun Environment
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.