Raymond James Employee Reviews in United States

Self-absorbed company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2016
Management stinks and there is a constant high school clique quality about the firm. Work is constantly dumped on associates who are already swamped while others are allowed to surf the web all day. Certain people get away with everything while others are hounded constantly. Turnover is extremely high here so beware.
Pros
Made great friends here but they left too
Cons
Management ran by incompetent buffoons
Pleasant place to work but not enough work to keep busy.
Client Associate/Office Mgr./Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2016
Co-workers are nice to work with. Not enough work to keep busy, some days. The hardest part of the job was being self taught The most enjoyable part of the job is corresponding with the clients. Management is pleasant to work for but cannot confront employees if there is a problem.
Pros
Pleasant office to work in & close to home.
Cons
Hired as contract worker. No raise since hire date.
More relaxed work environment but slow progression of talent
Educational Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
Typical financial services daily routine but Raymond James tends to be a little more relaxed regarding work environment compared to their competitors. In my tenure, I was able to learn a number of new skills and was able to gain certifications for the field in which I'm employed. Most of the associates are pleasant and outgoing, but there is a definite disconnect between the executive committee and the general line associates (Managers and down). Two of the biggest challenges in this organization has been the slow advancement of associates and the artificially low pay compared to market on many positions. HR seems to be updating some of the pay scales, but it appears to be a slow process.
Pros
Low cost health insurance, relaxed work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay to market, slow advancement, lack of professional development
We celebrated birthdays and treated employees to lunches.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. We were challenged daily. We were given access to education on products, back office, world wide departments.
Pros
Free lunches, good employees, good management.
Cons
It could become stressful at times but we had a team of great people .
very professional work place, awesome none the less.
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
typical day at work was emailing clients and filing, as well as answering phone calls. I learned how to build experience in clerical work. my coworkers and managers were amazing! no hard part about the job, best part working with my mom.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
started great, ended poor
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
start the day by getting your coffee then sit down and pull tickets from the queue. Started off easy unfortunately a massive wave of layoffs during an upper-management shift caused work to become massively backlogged. In an effort to "not throw bodies" at a problem that can only be solved by "throwing bodies" at it they undercut our efforts to do our job then blamed the problem on us when it wasn't working. They started to merge upper and lower departments together, specialized teams and without any training demanded we take on extra responsibility.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Operations group has limited resources
Risk Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2016
Operations group is working on systems that are outdated with little or no industry experience. Too many in management that do not have industry experience. Good culture for FA's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Antiquated Operations systems
Not my ideal work setting or enjoyable career placement
Internal Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
Working in the environment of Raymond James was not pleasant. The pay is awful for the tasks that are expected and your treated like a gerbil on a wheel. I do not recommend working for this company.
Tsc
Technology Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 23, 2016
The job was good, buisy sometimes but a lot of downtime. Management let me go out of no where with ought proper or at least I'd say ethical manner. Just a call from someone I had never met. Besides that the job was OK. Pay was not good although.
Cons
Hard to progress your career within this company
Technical Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2015
A lot has changed in the last 10 years at Raymond James. Was a great company to work for in the past, since then a lot of internal changes have occurred along with the company's focus and direction. Since these changes, it has been a very difficult company to progress in. An example would be the lack of support for internal transitions or promotions due to Raymond James outsourcing all of the positions to India.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Outsourcing everything
Fast pace work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2016
- A typical day included filing reports, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- I learned the ins and outs of a financial firm.
- Management was always prepared.
- Co-workers were supportive.
- Hardest part of the job was the 9am - 5pm hour work days.
Family culture, fun place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Raymond James was AWESOME place to work and people is what made job so enjoyable. Everyone worked together well and job promoted team camaraderie. RJ offered industry and software classes to broaden one's knowledge of Industry and growth within company. I took advantage of these industry and software classes, which helped me grow within the company.

The supervisors and managers at RJ are great in helping their team acquire the knowledge required to do their job by suggesting classes or individual help,

Each year RJ did Employee Appreciation day for their employees and their families. One year we went to Islands of Adventure and another year we listened to FL Orchestra at RJ Stadium. This is a NICE perk as family members are invited also and it's completely FREE,
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
short breaks or somethings no time for breaks
Great opportunities for advancement wearing many hats.
Operations Manager/Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2016
Although I physically worked in MI, I collaborated with several home office departments which opened plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
Great Office
Sr. Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2016
Clearly defined job roles, solid technical team, dynamic environment and beautiful corporate campus. Good onsite cafe. Compensation was way below market
Pros
Casual Fun Environment
Cons
Compensation
Motivating and highly encouraging team
Practice Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Team gives freedom for exploring and inputting new ideas and new thoughts.
Learned and worked on new tools like Android Developer, Balsamic, FluidUI, BaseCamp.
Imaging Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2015
The job was a great experience. On a typical day there would be a steady workflow,and other times we may be inundated with backlog. In which I actually liked that aspect, because it kept me busy. Management made themselves available when needed. My coworkers there were a magnificent part of the job, always willing to assist when necessary. The hardest part of the job would have been, when we were real busy I'd have to be fixated to the computer for hours on in. Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere there, most everyone there was very pleasant.
Pros
Closed for all Holidays
Cons
Working on the weekends
Good work life balance
Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
Raymond James has a good work life balance. Technology wise they are at par with other firms. But growth here is very limited and compensation is not good enough.
Fast pace, exciting, challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Raymond James!

Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world.

Learning how the financial world works.
Productive and a very environment to work in.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 23, 2016
This job was very demanding, it allowed me to learn how to prioritize and how to meet my deadlines. It helped me learn how to multitask my work.
Pros
Caring for empoee's
Cons
Great culture, lean teams and diverse deal experience
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Raymond James is a great place to do an Analyst program. Culture is very collegial but still fosters an environment of hard work and accountability. During my time at RJ I've been exposed to several capital market transactions as well as sell-side and buy-side deals. It's been nice to get a mixed bag experience and learn various stages of the deal process from origination, structuring and all the way to financing the transaction. A typical day at the office starts at 8:45am. I usually spend an hour or so getting up to speed on emails, news and work from the previous night. By 11:00am, I've usually had a meeting or 2 with deal teams to go over punch lists for the day and expectations for deliverables. Lunch is usually at my desk if I'm really busy. A lot of the afternoon is spent turning work with senior MDs before they leave for the night. Once final marching orders have been given, generally spend the rest of the day (6pm-12am) refining pitchbooks or working on a client request. Pretty rare to stay past 2am at my office.
Pros
Small teams, culture
Cons
Rarely get a weekend off