Raymond James Employee Reviews

Pleasant place to work but not enough work to keep busy.
Client Associate/Office Mgr./Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2016
Co-workers are nice to work with. Not enough work to keep busy, some days. The hardest part of the job was being self taught The most enjoyable part of the job is corresponding with the clients. Management is pleasant to work for but cannot confront employees if there is a problem.
Pros
Pleasant office to work in & close to home.
Cons
Hired as contract worker. No raise since hire date.
started great, ended poor
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
start the day by getting your coffee then sit down and pull tickets from the queue. Started off easy unfortunately a massive wave of layoffs during an upper-management shift caused work to become massively backlogged. In an effort to "not throw bodies" at a problem that can only be solved by "throwing bodies" at it they undercut our efforts to do our job then blamed the problem on us when it wasn't working. They started to merge upper and lower departments together, specialized teams and without any training demanded we take on extra responsibility.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Tsc
Technology Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 23, 2016
The job was good, buisy sometimes but a lot of downtime. Management let me go out of no where with ought proper or at least I'd say ethical manner. Just a call from someone I had never met. Besides that the job was OK. Pay was not good although.
Great management team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Great management team, great work environment., Excellent benefits, courteous co-workers. Great client relationships, lots of opportunity to learn and advance.
More relaxed work environment but slow progression of talent
Educational Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
Typical financial services daily routine but Raymond James tends to be a little more relaxed regarding work environment compared to their competitors. In my tenure, I was able to learn a number of new skills and was able to gain certifications for the field in which I'm employed. Most of the associates are pleasant and outgoing, but there is a definite disconnect between the executive committee and the general line associates (Managers and down). Two of the biggest challenges in this organization has been the slow advancement of associates and the artificially low pay compared to market on many positions. HR seems to be updating some of the pay scales, but it appears to be a slow process.
Pros
Low cost health insurance, relaxed work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay to market, slow advancement, lack of professional development
poor management
Service Associate/ Technical Liasion (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Compensation does not match the job you are expected to do and you are under alot of stress at all times. Upper management does not care about how you feel.
Great culture, lean teams and diverse deal experience
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Raymond James is a great place to do an Analyst program. Culture is very collegial but still fosters an environment of hard work and accountability. During my time at RJ I've been exposed to several capital market transactions as well as sell-side and buy-side deals. It's been nice to get a mixed bag experience and learn various stages of the deal process from origination, structuring and all the way to financing the transaction. A typical day at the office starts at 8:45am. I usually spend an hour or so getting up to speed on emails, news and work from the previous night. By 11:00am, I've usually had a meeting or 2 with deal teams to go over punch lists for the day and expectations for deliverables. Lunch is usually at my desk if I'm really busy. A lot of the afternoon is spent turning work with senior MDs before they leave for the night. Once final marching orders have been given, generally spend the rest of the day (6pm-12am) refining pitchbooks or working on a client request. Pretty rare to stay past 2am at my office.
Pros
Small teams, culture
Cons
Rarely get a weekend off
Great firm to grow with
Senior Vice President, Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2016
Joined the firm in a one man department (me) and was able to grow it to a major profit-center with over 80 employees. I joined the firm when it was small (about 200 employees). When I left it was huge with some senior management hires that disrupted the family atmosphere.
Pros
Great growth and earnings potential
Cons
New blood in senior management ruined the culture.
Close knit culture, service first
Client Service Associate, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2016
Raymond James is a rapidly growing financial regional wirehouse. I worked in many capacities, training new hires, and helping clients with statements and tax forms. I worked in several departments over a 21 year time frame, the last 6 months out of my home remotely in Wilmington, NC, which I enjoyed the least, since I was away from people. This was the hardest part of my job because I had to handle everything by phone and email and had no personal contact with management or coworkers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the results of the trainees as they were able to do their jobs on their own after going through my training. I also greatly enjoyed problem solving for clients.
I had several managers over the years and had a good working relationship with each of them. Raymond James emphasizes service first and I learned to implement this concept into all projects and training, as well as the design of our online investor access system.
My typical day was never typical as it was different each day. But my day always involved training others, answering emails and client calls, problem solving and usually a meeting or two.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
deadlines which created pressure, sometimes short staffed
Hard to progress your career within this company
Technical Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2015
A lot has changed in the last 10 years at Raymond James. Was a great company to work for in the past, since then a lot of internal changes have occurred along with the company's focus and direction. Since these changes, it has been a very difficult company to progress in. An example would be the lack of support for internal transitions or promotions due to Raymond James outsourcing all of the positions to India.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Outsourcing everything
Fast pace work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2016
- A typical day included filing reports, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- I learned the ins and outs of a financial firm.
- Management was always prepared.
- Co-workers were supportive.
- Hardest part of the job was the 9am - 5pm hour work days.
Self-absorbed company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2016
Management stinks and there is a constant high school clique quality about the firm. Work is constantly dumped on associates who are already swamped while others are allowed to surf the web all day. Certain people get away with everything while others are hounded constantly. Turnover is extremely high here so beware.
Pros
Made great friends here but they left too
Cons
Management ran by incompetent buffoons
Working in sunny South Florida
Client Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 28, 2016
Working in the local branch can be demanding but not difficult. Great co-workers. However, given that it's a branch, there is no opportunity for advancement or to try other positions as there is in the corporate office in St. Pete. Either you are an SA or an FA. That's it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, vacation structure, advancement
5 star company
Senior Portfolio Analyst | Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
I was with MorganKeegan/Raymond James for seven years. I truly enjoyed working for them. I gained a lot of experience in the industry. Their culture and work environment is one of a kind.
Pros
career path
Cons
the Atlanta office is too small for advancement
Imaging Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2015
The job was a great experience. On a typical day there would be a steady workflow,and other times we may be inundated with backlog. In which I actually liked that aspect, because it kept me busy. Management made themselves available when needed. My coworkers there were a magnificent part of the job, always willing to assist when necessary. The hardest part of the job would have been, when we were real busy I'd have to be fixated to the computer for hours on in. Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere there, most everyone there was very pleasant.
Pros
Closed for all Holidays
Cons
Working on the weekends
Proof read contracts initiated by brokers in the organization
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of sorting contracts for correct processing. Each day there are new laws and rules and areas that are constantly updating. My co workers and I all got along together at a team.
Normal help desk environment
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2016
Working in an open office space in a normal help desk atmosphere. Most employees are really friendly and play an active role in campus activities. The hardest part about the job is being tethered to your phone for eight hours a day.
very professional work place, awesome none the less.
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
typical day at work was emailing clients and filing, as well as answering phone calls. I learned how to build experience in clerical work. my coworkers and managers were amazing! no hard part about the job, best part working with my mom.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons
Branch Marketing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2016
Coworkers and events make working here worthwhile. Busy atmosphere but technology is readily available for ease of use.
Management is always willing to extend assistance when necessary.
Not my ideal work setting or enjoyable career placement
Internal Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
Working in the environment of Raymond James was not pleasant. The pay is awful for the tasks that are expected and your treated like a gerbil on a wheel. I do not recommend working for this company.