Raymond James Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced Team Environment
Senior Interactive Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 13, 2017
One of the most noticeable changes I experienced in moving over to Raymond James is the team atmosphere. The work is very fast-paced, and attention to detail must be high. However, when you need the team, the team is there.

They are also adamant that senior developers work not only to train onboarding employees, but also help them grow and reach their full potential.
Pros
Team Atmosphere, continuous growth opportunities, great benefits, and room for advancement
Cons
Fast-paced, deadline-driven (even unrealistically sometimes).
Nice employer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 10, 2017
Since it has been about 20 years since I worked at Raymond James I do not have an opinion. As I remember it was a nice environment and nice people. Nice employer.
Prestigious yet demoralizing work environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургAugust 2, 2017
Politically driven work culture
Prestigious place to work in Tampa bay area in the financial services
Job security is non-existent
No flexibility in the workplace, very rigid culture
decent place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2017
no major complaints, been working for the company for quite some time. promotes from within. work, work play. great benefits package. 401k match. ......
Nice environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2017
I just was very lucky where the branch was located at and also nice coworkers. Very relaxed and good management, I wish there was more opportunity for advancement
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
advancement
Great office.
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
Philadelphia office with individual teams working within one office on big floor. Focused on passive exchange traded investments and individual stocks based on client request.
Friendly colleagues
Data Analyst & Lean Six Sigma Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2017
I was a student intern and I was never an enrolled employee at Raymond James. I believe, my review cannot be used for surveys.

It was great working with Raymond James team though, they were friendly. They guided us throughout our project.
Consultant
Contract Programmer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2017
Short term consultant with no evaluation foe the company. The management was hands off. There was little guidance. The work was not allocated properly.
Hand maiden
Client Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
This is a very cut-throat environment, brown nosing and FA talk to agents like they are not human. Also, if you know anyone in upper management you can get away with anything. So be the favorite.
Pros
3 week check
Cons
The branch personal feels as if the they are not talking to a human being when you are helping them.
amazing company to work for.
Operations Representative III (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 9, 2017
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They believe in a work and personal life balance. And the management team is always there to lend a hand or answer a question.
Best Place to work
ODI Developer & Architect (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed work in Raymond James and given opportunity to explore multiple skills and given support based on my career aspirations. Overall satisfied to work with Raymond James
Good company but not good job security
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2017
Your success and job depend on the financial advisor you work for. If they do not succeed your position is in jeopardy. Have your skill set in place and network. Good company but you dont really work for the company it the financial advisor.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Your success depends on the success of your financial advisor
Very fun workplace with a great team.
Business Analyst (Wealth Management) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 27, 2017
It has been an awesome experience working for Raymond James so far. I have a great team who are always supportive and helpful. I look forward working with this company again in near future.
Customer service
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro kyJune 27, 2017
I only worked for this company for 6 months, I didn't have very many duties so I was bored, answered the phone and file, I have to have a position that will keep me busy.
Excellent company, but not department
Forms Designer (contractor and direct hire) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 21, 2017
Excellent company, but not the forms department. Poor delegation for forms requests, antiquated software with no support or classes available. Presence of constant, negative, passive aggressive attitudes.
Pros
Corporation is superb, great people, benefits, work from home, supply laptops, volunteer opportunities, online learning, amazing cafeteria, events and art collection
Cons
Ancient outdated Software, Forms Department overall (no local management), mandatory overtime
Great firm to work at and build book of business
Vice President, Investments (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2017
Family oriented, no push to sell certain products, support from management. Have issued with back office support especially over the last year with their acquisitions.
Great Balance!
Financial Advisor Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2017
I love my job! Raymond James has a great support network where information is shared freely. Our back office support is always friendly and so helpful.
Pros
Great people and great place!
Cons
Can't really think of any!
Comfortable work environment. Fun place. Game room on site.
Life Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 23, 2017
Processing life insurance applications and serving as a case manager throughout the underwriting and placement process.

This position provides new experiences daily. I have gained an intimate understanding of the underwriting process and a large amount of medical knowledge along the way.

Management is open and friendly and cares about the happiness of their employees.

The hardest part of the job is the waiting. There are constantly items needed to complete the underwriting and being at the mercy of other vendors can be very frustrating,

Feeling like your fellow employees are a "work family".
Pros
Benefits, work parties and other functions
Cons
Fast paced and sometime feeling understaffed.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 21, 2017
Great culture and has career growth. The company is realy committed to the feedback of the associates as it pertains to training and the work environment. In the last few years they have begun to improve their Operations platform.
Pros
Committed to Client Service
Cons
Competitive Salaries
Review
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 12, 2017
I worked for an independent office at Raymond James in Richardson, Texas Enjoyed the work environment very much and only left because we closed the branch.
Pros
Relaxed Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval