Raymond James Employee Reviews in United States

Great firm to grow with
Senior Vice President, Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2016
Joined the firm in a one man department (me) and was able to grow it to a major profit-center with over 80 employees. I joined the firm when it was small (about 200 employees). When I left it was huge with some senior management hires that disrupted the family atmosphere.
Pros
Great growth and earnings potential
Cons
New blood in senior management ruined the culture.
Self-absorbed company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 5, 2016
Management stinks and there is a constant high school clique quality about the firm. Work is constantly dumped on associates who are already swamped while others are allowed to surf the web all day. Certain people get away with everything while others are hounded constantly. Turnover is extremely high here so beware.
Pros
Made great friends here but they left too
Cons
Management ran by incompetent buffoons
Working in sunny South Florida
Client Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 28, 2016
Working in the local branch can be demanding but not difficult. Great co-workers. However, given that it's a branch, there is no opportunity for advancement or to try other positions as there is in the corporate office in St. Pete. Either you are an SA or an FA. That's it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, vacation structure, advancement
Pleasant place to work but not enough work to keep busy.
Client Associate/Office Mgr./Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2016
Co-workers are nice to work with. Not enough work to keep busy, some days. The hardest part of the job was being self taught The most enjoyable part of the job is corresponding with the clients. Management is pleasant to work for but cannot confront employees if there is a problem.
Pros
Pleasant office to work in & close to home.
Cons
Hired as contract worker. No raise since hire date.
More relaxed work environment but slow progression of talent
Educational Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
Typical financial services daily routine but Raymond James tends to be a little more relaxed regarding work environment compared to their competitors. In my tenure, I was able to learn a number of new skills and was able to gain certifications for the field in which I'm employed. Most of the associates are pleasant and outgoing, but there is a definite disconnect between the executive committee and the general line associates (Managers and down). Two of the biggest challenges in this organization has been the slow advancement of associates and the artificially low pay compared to market on many positions. HR seems to be updating some of the pay scales, but it appears to be a slow process.
Pros
Low cost health insurance, relaxed work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay to market, slow advancement, lack of professional development
very professional work place, awesome none the less.
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
typical day at work was emailing clients and filing, as well as answering phone calls. I learned how to build experience in clerical work. my coworkers and managers were amazing! no hard part about the job, best part working with my mom.
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons
We celebrated birthdays and treated employees to lunches.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. We were challenged daily. We were given access to education on products, back office, world wide departments.
Pros
Free lunches, good employees, good management.
Cons
It could become stressful at times but we had a team of great people .
Proof read contracts initiated by brokers in the organization
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of sorting contracts for correct processing. Each day there are new laws and rules and areas that are constantly updating. My co workers and I all got along together at a team.
Normal help desk environment
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2016
Working in an open office space in a normal help desk atmosphere. Most employees are really friendly and play an active role in campus activities. The hardest part about the job is being tethered to your phone for eight hours a day.
Not my ideal work setting or enjoyable career placement
Internal Financial Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
Working in the environment of Raymond James was not pleasant. The pay is awful for the tasks that are expected and your treated like a gerbil on a wheel. I do not recommend working for this company.
Branch Marketing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2016
Coworkers and events make working here worthwhile. Busy atmosphere but technology is readily available for ease of use.
Management is always willing to extend assistance when necessary.
Operations group has limited resources
Risk Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2016
Operations group is working on systems that are outdated with little or no industry experience. Too many in management that do not have industry experience. Good culture for FA's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Antiquated Operations systems
Motivating and highly encouraging team
Practice Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Team gives freedom for exploring and inputting new ideas and new thoughts.
Learned and worked on new tools like Android Developer, Balsamic, FluidUI, BaseCamp.
Tsc
Technology Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 23, 2016
The job was good, buisy sometimes but a lot of downtime. Management let me go out of no where with ought proper or at least I'd say ethical manner. Just a call from someone I had never met. Besides that the job was OK. Pay was not good although.
started great, ended poor
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
start the day by getting your coffee then sit down and pull tickets from the queue. Started off easy unfortunately a massive wave of layoffs during an upper-management shift caused work to become massively backlogged. In an effort to "not throw bodies" at a problem that can only be solved by "throwing bodies" at it they undercut our efforts to do our job then blamed the problem on us when it wasn't working. They started to merge upper and lower departments together, specialized teams and without any training demanded we take on extra responsibility.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
fun
Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Great bunch of people to work with, great company. Learned alot at this company, was able to advance to a training coordinator for property and casualty insurance for implement/auto dealers.
Fast pace work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2016
- A typical day included filing reports, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- I learned the ins and outs of a financial firm.
- Management was always prepared.
- Co-workers were supportive.
- Hardest part of the job was the 9am - 5pm hour work days.
Great opportunities for advancement wearing many hats.
Operations Manager/Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2016
Although I physically worked in MI, I collaborated with several home office departments which opened plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
Great Office
Sr. Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2016
Clearly defined job roles, solid technical team, dynamic environment and beautiful corporate campus. Good onsite cafe. Compensation was way below market
Pros
Casual Fun Environment
Cons
Compensation
Hard to progress your career within this company
Technical Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2015
A lot has changed in the last 10 years at Raymond James. Was a great company to work for in the past, since then a lot of internal changes have occurred along with the company's focus and direction. Since these changes, it has been a very difficult company to progress in. An example would be the lack of support for internal transitions or promotions due to Raymond James outsourcing all of the positions to India.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Outsourcing everything