Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

The culture is changing
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons: sexism, favoritism, cronyism, low pay
It was a nice place to work at first, but now the culture is changing. If you are not a male, a part of a click, or someone's crony, your opportunities for advancement are very slim. In addition, the pay is very low for other firms in this industry and this size.
Operations
Mutual Funds Operations Liaison (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay
Computer account analysis, interacting with other department members, solving financial issues.
Great company
Middleware Support Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2014
Fun place to work. Up to date environment. Great management.
Intern/Business Analyst (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Great place to work, they have an excellent culture. You can learn alot about finance through their classes they offer.
Great Company
Branch Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: the benefits!! very friendly and wonderful co-workers!
Cons: good work was never appreciated. bad work was always noted.
I truly enjoyed working at Raymond James & Associates, corporate side.
The day started quickly (8:30am) and stayed fairly busy until after the end of the day (5pm).

I learned a great deal about the stock market, and how fragile it truly is. I learned that most people really don't understand why stocks go up and why some companies fail. I also learned – more... how to make a fillable tax form for those running for political office. Very interesting!!

Management, while no one is perfect, was pretty good. Unfortunately, if you're not one of the producing Financial Advisors, you are replaceable, and don't forget it.

The support staff was amazingly helpful and most were very friendly. We had the opportunity to go to lunch at the same time, which gave us time to be ourselves and become friendly with one another.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the Financial Advisors happy while still keeping in compliance. Everyone is different, and you really need to understand how they all work, individually, and with their teams. If your personality didn't match what they liked, they were not friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the clients and working with them as well as the other support staff members. It certainly kept you on your toes! I enjoyed interacting with the clients tremendously. – less
Learned alot about stocks and accounting
Portfolio Account Administrator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 27, 2014
Very large, well run bank. Successful and treats their employees well.
Fun place to work. Great people to work with and great environment.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TAX DEPT & BANK (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work. always doing something for the employees.
Cons: none as i could see
Was an Administrative Assistant and did K-1's, issued checks, did what a CPA does, scanned, answered phone, filed and helped out in Accounting.
nice place to work
Applications Development (Former Employee), Clearwater FloridaMay 15, 2014
Pros: treated same as an employee
A pleasant work atmosphere

learned a little about post trade accounting for NYSE
Plenty of Resources at Your Disposal.
Registered Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Rockville, MarylandMay 5, 2014
My review of Raymond James as a company is generally positive. I have at my disposal a number of research tools available to me.
Interned at Raymond James
Investment Banking Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2014
I was only an intern but seemed like your standard I bank it was Lane Barry when I was there and got bought out by Raymond James
A good opportunity with valuable education and knowledge resources.
IT Asset Management Analyst I (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: company right-sizing, realignments, work moving to different states
One of the things I learned in this position is just how much I don't know about the IT world. Fortunately it is an environment in which everyone shares their knowledge and is willing to offer assistance or support whenever needed. One of the things I enjoyed most about this position was the freedom to get things done in a way that worked best for me. – more... I am fortunate in that the team I work with is a close group, each with different specialties and personalities. When decisions are being made or procedures put in place, the group discussions include every perspective. The hardest part for me right now would be management's shift towards micro-managing employees. – less
High degree of favoritism displayed
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: company has good reputation in the industry
After 43 years in the financial services industry, I was approaching retirement (from this industry) so some of management's decisions toward the brokers (FCs) were tiresome and unnecessary. I felt uncomfortable about several policies.
A professional workplace
Cost Basis Reporting Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2014
I enjoyed my seven months with Raymond James Financial, the training is hands-on and thorough and everyone is professional and kind.
Customer service oriented work atmosphere
Executive Portfolio Assistant (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 8, 2014
Review and prepare daily equity and mutual fund research.
Help screen, and answer inbound phone calls.
Perform filing and scanning of documents.
Provide customer service to clients.
Maintain client confidentiality.
Maintain a neat and organized work area.
Flexible Hours
Intern (Former Employee), Severna Park, MDApril 4, 2014
as an intern I had flexible work hours. I didn't just sit at a computer and make spread sheets; I made cold calls, I sat in on meetings with the financial advisor's clients. Organized a 401K seminar throughout the summer to be presented at the end of the summer by financial advisor.
Raymond James is a great place to work and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Severna Park, MDMarch 20, 2014
I made cold calls to local businesses to solicit their 401k business.
I also helped develop mutual fund presentation book for financial advisors to present
Varying work environments, with community oriented and artistic culture
Portfolio Account Administrator (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FlMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the company as a whole has a great culture.
Cons: each department within the company as a whole has its own set of rules, there is no consistency in policy for many things.
There is a great opportunity to increase your knowledge and for self development. Each department within the company has its own flavor and personality. Depending on the department my typical work day has varied. Due to the community oriented nature of the company the co-workers over all are very inclusive and friendly. There are many net working groups – more... within the company that have been formed based on a varying assortment of common interests that further encourage interaction and encourage tolerance through exposure to diversity. Overall working for this company has many great benefits. I would say the hardest part of the job is advancement due to the fact that there is so much longevity when it comes to the average career in this company. – less
Wonderful place to work.
Server Administrator (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2014
I learned a great deal while at this job not only in my job discipline but about corporate culture. It was like one big family.
RJA
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: was always interested in talent and teaching
Cons: services they provide are in constant change
Was interesting company due to the changes in the economy. I learned a lot about financial planning and the necessity of such services
Great company but not so great to work for
Customer Accounts Cash Liaison II (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2014
great companmy but not so great to work for depending on what department you are in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more