Raymond James

Raymond James Employee Reviews

poor management
Service Associate/ Technical Liasion (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Compensation does not match the job you are expected to do and you are under alot of stress at all times. Upper management does not care about how you feel.
Family culture, fun place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Raymond James was AWESOME place to work and people is what made job so enjoyable. Everyone worked together well and job promoted team camaraderie. RJ offered industry and software classes to broaden one's knowledge of Industry and growth within company. I took advantage of these industry and software classes, which helped me grow within the company.

The supervisors and managers at RJ are great in helping their team acquire the knowledge required to do their job by suggesting classes or individual help,

Each year RJ did Employee Appreciation day for their employees and their families. One year we went to Islands of Adventure and another year we listened to FL Orchestra at RJ Stadium. This is a NICE perk as family members are invited also and it's completely FREE,
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
short breaks or somethings no time for breaks
started great, ended poor
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
start the day by getting your coffee then sit down and pull tickets from the queue. Started off easy unfortunately a massive wave of layoffs during an upper-management shift caused work to become massively backlogged. In an effort to "not throw bodies" at a problem that can only be solved by "throwing bodies" at it they undercut our efforts to do our job then blamed the problem on us when it wasn't working. They started to merge upper and lower departments together, specialized teams and without any training demanded we take on extra responsibility.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Great Culture
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2016
Raymond James has a great culture that facilitates all of the right ways to do business. It is a growing firm that has a bright future.
Hard to progress your career within this company
Technical Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2015
A lot has changed in the last 10 years at Raymond James. Was a great company to work for in the past, since then a lot of internal changes have occurred along with the company's focus and direction. Since these changes, it has been a very difficult company to progress in. An example would be the lack of support for internal transitions or promotions due to Raymond James outsourcing all of the positions to India.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Outsourcing everything
Imaging Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2015
The job was a great experience. On a typical day there would be a steady workflow,and other times we may be inundated with backlog. In which I actually liked that aspect, because it kept me busy. Management made themselves available when needed. My coworkers there were a magnificent part of the job, always willing to assist when necessary. The hardest part of the job would have been, when we were real busy I'd have to be fixated to the computer for hours on in. Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere there, most everyone there was very pleasant.
Pros
Closed for all Holidays
Cons
Working on the weekends
Information Security Access Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2015
Friendly, Fast pace, enjoyable and rewarding work.
I am not one to rate places of past employment.
I find it is best to try to just move ahead. And remember the good I have done for the company.
Productive work day
Credit Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 15, 2015
Love this place, I would retire from Raymond James most definitely. The place is full of enjoyment and career building opportunities
Pros
Carer Building Enviroment
Cons
The work day goes by to quickly
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Administrative Assist. to Sr V. P. of Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 13, 2015
RJ afforded you education and training from their in-house school. Very interesting to learn about the stock exchange.
Pros
Provided a good education into the stock exchange/finance.
Cons
Too far of a commute from where I was living at the time and low pay rate.
Great learning ground
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
It is a great place to learn from older professionals. They give you the tools to succeed in your career then and beyond. Great internship program.
great work ethic
corporate imaging representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 24, 2015
best and helpful staff and employers. positive atmosphere. very understanding, willingness to help you advance in your career. very environment friendly
Pros
excellent benefits, jobs security, able to advance
Cons
none that i can see
Productive and Respectful work place
Operation Specialist /Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Everyone is acknowledge for their work through awards regardless of title.
Pros
Respect
it was temporary
Temporary receptionist (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 4, 2015
i was there long enough to learn what to do and how to run the front desk, then the lady whose job it was came back from maternity leave.
High stress from customers but, extremely good management
TSR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
The callers are very random from nice people to the other extreme as well. The people you work with are all people persons. They have fun and the manager is genuine. She cares about her employees and the stresses you go through.
Pros
Training, Great practical use of ITIL
Cons
Stress
A great place to work with supportive and friendly management.
Telecommunication Support Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 24, 2015
Raymond James has a great family atmosphere where everyone is always considerate and cheerful. They have a great open door policy where management take time to listen to your concerns or comments.
Work Day
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Review all previous day transactions to make sure they were completed.
Review my pending list to make sure all money movement items are done first for the day.
Review my list of reminder items that I must go over with the FA to make sure they are addressed.
Schedule a brief meeting with the FA's.
Work on other items that are pending, answer phones, trading and process paperwork as client and FA request.
Pros
office
Cons
unorganized
Supervisor of Purchase and Sales (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 13, 2015
Very detailed work. RJA was a good place - Management could use some improvement, but overall a good place. Mentoring and network opportunities... need more levels of advancement.
Collaborative work place
Fee Based Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FlAugust 5, 2015
I have learned a lot working a Raymond James. I have expanded my financial product knowledge and have seen first hand the collaboration involved in running a financial business each day.
FUN AND HARD WORK PLACE
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILAugust 5, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE. I KNEW A LOT OF THE PEOPLE AND ALSO GOT TO KNOW SOME NEW ONES. DIDN'T LIKE WORKING THIRD SHIFT, BUT UNDERSTOOD I HAD TOO START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK MY WAY UP.
Professional work environment with potential for growth.
Registered Client Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 3, 2015
I have an extensive background in the investment and wealth management industry with a primary focus on customer service and relationship building. I am looking for a professional work environment with possibility for growth and advancement. I work well with others and appreciate a challenge. My favorite part of the job is working with the clients. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork.