Raymond James Employee Reviews

We celebrated birthdays and treated employees to lunches.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. We were challenged daily. We were given access to education on products, back office, world wide departments.
Pros
Free lunches, good employees, good management.
Cons
It could become stressful at times but we had a team of great people .
fun
Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2016
Great bunch of people to work with, great company. Learned alot at this company, was able to advance to a training coordinator for property and casualty insurance for implement/auto dealers.
Motivating and highly encouraging team
Practice Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
Team gives freedom for exploring and inputting new ideas and new thoughts.
Learned and worked on new tools like Android Developer, Balsamic, FluidUI, BaseCamp.
Operations group has limited resources
Risk Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2016
Operations group is working on systems that are outdated with little or no industry experience. Too many in management that do not have industry experience. Good culture for FA's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Antiquated Operations systems
Tsc
Technology Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 23, 2016
The job was good, buisy sometimes but a lot of downtime. Management let me go out of no where with ought proper or at least I'd say ethical manner. Just a call from someone I had never met. Besides that the job was OK. Pay was not good although.
Cons
Great opportunities for advancement wearing many hats.
Operations Manager/Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2016
Although I physically worked in MI, I collaborated with several home office departments which opened plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
started great, ended poor
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2016
start the day by getting your coffee then sit down and pull tickets from the queue. Started off easy unfortunately a massive wave of layoffs during an upper-management shift caused work to become massively backlogged. In an effort to "not throw bodies" at a problem that can only be solved by "throwing bodies" at it they undercut our efforts to do our job then blamed the problem on us when it wasn't working. They started to merge upper and lower departments together, specialized teams and without any training demanded we take on extra responsibility.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Fast pace, exciting, challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Raymond James!

Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all over the world.

Learning how the financial world works.
Fast pace work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 17, 2016
- A typical day included filing reports, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- I learned the ins and outs of a financial firm.
- Management was always prepared.
- Co-workers were supportive.
- Hardest part of the job was the 9am - 5pm hour work days.
Great Office
Sr. Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2016
Clearly defined job roles, solid technical team, dynamic environment and beautiful corporate campus. Good onsite cafe. Compensation was way below market
Pros
Casual Fun Environment
Cons
Compensation
Hard to progress your career within this company
Technical Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2015
A lot has changed in the last 10 years at Raymond James. Was a great company to work for in the past, since then a lot of internal changes have occurred along with the company's focus and direction. Since these changes, it has been a very difficult company to progress in. An example would be the lack of support for internal transitions or promotions due to Raymond James outsourcing all of the positions to India.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Outsourcing everything
Good work life balance
Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
Raymond James has a good work life balance. Technology wise they are at par with other firms. But growth here is very limited and compensation is not good enough.
Great culture, lean teams and diverse deal experience
Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Raymond James is a great place to do an Analyst program. Culture is very collegial but still fosters an environment of hard work and accountability. During my time at RJ I've been exposed to several capital market transactions as well as sell-side and buy-side deals. It's been nice to get a mixed bag experience and learn various stages of the deal process from origination, structuring and all the way to financing the transaction. A typical day at the office starts at 8:45am. I usually spend an hour or so getting up to speed on emails, news and work from the previous night. By 11:00am, I've usually had a meeting or 2 with deal teams to go over punch lists for the day and expectations for deliverables. Lunch is usually at my desk if I'm really busy. A lot of the afternoon is spent turning work with senior MDs before they leave for the night. Once final marching orders have been given, generally spend the rest of the day (6pm-12am) refining pitchbooks or working on a client request. Pretty rare to stay past 2am at my office.
Pros
Small teams, culture
Cons
Rarely get a weekend off
Close knit culture, service first
Client Service Associate, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 29, 2016
Raymond James is a rapidly growing financial regional wirehouse. I worked in many capacities, training new hires, and helping clients with statements and tax forms. I worked in several departments over a 21 year time frame, the last 6 months out of my home remotely in Wilmington, NC, which I enjoyed the least, since I was away from people. This was the hardest part of my job because I had to handle everything by phone and email and had no personal contact with management or coworkers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the results of the trainees as they were able to do their jobs on their own after going through my training. I also greatly enjoyed problem solving for clients.
I had several managers over the years and had a good working relationship with each of them. Raymond James emphasizes service first and I learned to implement this concept into all projects and training, as well as the design of our online investor access system.
My typical day was never typical as it was different each day. But my day always involved training others, answering emails and client calls, problem solving and usually a meeting or two.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
deadlines which created pressure, sometimes short staffed
Family culture, fun place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Raymond James was AWESOME place to work and people is what made job so enjoyable. Everyone worked together well and job promoted team camaraderie. RJ offered industry and software classes to broaden one's knowledge of Industry and growth within company. I took advantage of these industry and software classes, which helped me grow within the company.

The supervisors and managers at RJ are great in helping their team acquire the knowledge required to do their job by suggesting classes or individual help,

Each year RJ did Employee Appreciation day for their employees and their families. One year we went to Islands of Adventure and another year we listened to FL Orchestra at RJ Stadium. This is a NICE perk as family members are invited also and it's completely FREE,
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
short breaks or somethings no time for breaks
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 11, 2016
Great place, with great people. Great place, with great people.Great place, with great people.Great place, with great people.
Imaging Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2015
The job was a great experience. On a typical day there would be a steady workflow,and other times we may be inundated with backlog. In which I actually liked that aspect, because it kept me busy. Management made themselves available when needed. My coworkers there were a magnificent part of the job, always willing to assist when necessary. The hardest part of the job would have been, when we were real busy I'd have to be fixated to the computer for hours on in. Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere there, most everyone there was very pleasant.
Pros
Closed for all Holidays
Cons
Working on the weekends
Productive and a very environment to work in.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 23, 2016
This job was very demanding, it allowed me to learn how to prioritize and how to meet my deadlines. It helped me learn how to multitask my work.
Pros
Caring for empoee's
Great management team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Great management team, great work environment., Excellent benefits, courteous co-workers. Great client relationships, lots of opportunity to learn and advance.
Work Day
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Review all previous day transactions to make sure they were completed.
Review my pending list to make sure all money movement items are done first for the day.
Review my list of reminder items that I must go over with the FA to make sure they are addressed.
Schedule a brief meeting with the FA's.
Work on other items that are pending, answer phones, trading and process paperwork as client and FA request.
Pros
office
Cons
unorganized