Raymond James Employee Reviews in United States

The Day in the Cage of Brokerage Firm
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 26, 2015
I work in the cage of a brokerage firm office. The cage is the center of the office. This is where I had to place trade orders, open new accounts, go thru the daily mail, made the daily deposit to the bank, make sure that all the trades were logged in the trade. I also help the Branch Operations Manager with anything that she need done.
Pros
never a boring day. always on the go.
Cons
hard to take a break.
Established Bank, Good Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2015
I learned a lot at Raymond James, branching out from my previous management responsibilities (ex. balancing budget, coordinating assignments with outside department, project managers and HR). The people were very friendly and career driven.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
managment would at times give mixed-messages
Do not work in hr at rj
Campus Recruiting (Former Employee) –  St PeteJanuary 15, 2015
The RJ HR department is a disaster so do not waste your time by applying. The turnover is staggering and employee satisfaction is the worst. Everyone in Tampa/St Pete that works in the HR space knows not to work for RJ. Again, DO NOT waste your time.
Great company
Corporate Action Associate III (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 11, 2015
This is a good company to work for. There is room for growth professionally and educationally.
In-House Advancement
ACH Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Once employed with Raymond James, opportunity for advancement is tripled.
Wonderful
Personal Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 22, 2014
My experience with Raymond James was a good one. I enjoyed my boss and my coworkers very much and I loved interacting with clients. I was able to manage schoolwork and work easily and there were lots of opportunities to advance.
Great company with great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2014
I enjoy working for the company like Raymond James and be part of this successful company. It has a distinct culture with long-term leadership and clear vision to succeed!
Productive work enviroment and great leadership
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
Since working for this company, I've been able to expand my knowledge with both the technology realm and how it its applied in a business perspective. with this knowledge I have been able to assist those in Appling and bring forth new technology to be used in the financial sector.
Best Job I've ever had
Executive Portfolio Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Laid Back, Amazing Manager, Work at my own pace but still able to keep on top of things, Taught me new things.
Cons
not enough hours
Safe company but advancement is weak
Technology Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2014
Raymond James is a good company to start at, however, management is not the best. Culture is down in IT and advancement is very weak.
Cons
benefits, pay
No room for advancement
Registered Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Its a good job/career for someone who is only looking for a paycheck. No room for advancement unless you play the favorites games. The benefits are good but the pay is very low compared to similar businesses in the area.
benefits
Cons
sr. management, pay, career advancement
Entry level role with established financial advisor
Associate Planner & Exec. Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
This role included associate planner client management responsibilities, as well as sales assistant duties including trading, wholesale meeting, extensive variable annuity prep work and follow up as well as research.
The firm was a long time established Raymond James firm and provided me great entry level experience in a sales assistant and associate planner position.
Pros
experience with a variety of products and portfolio construction
Cons
pay and work life balance need improvement
Great place to work, friendly and family environment
Branch Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2014
Answer multiline telephone, greet guests, add/edit/maintain employee files, order/maintain office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail, faxing, copying, Send out UPS and Fed EX, problem shoot PDA’s, phones, printers and computers, prepare reports, Organization of Work Environment, Peer Support services, Scheduling Meetings, Seminars and Corporate meetings, order catering and maintain building maintenance issues.
Pros
close to home, great work enviroment
Daily life at Edward Jones
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Meeting with client
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Meeting with client
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Phone calls with clients/prospects
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner meeting with client

Taking care of the clients was best part of job. The lack of support was the worst. Each branch at Edward Jones was setup as an Island to run on your own. For the first 3 years as an adviser life can be hard with economics and time with family.
Pros
independence
Cons
commission schedule low compared to other firms.
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
The benefits are good but there is not much room for advancement. RJ is still a good ol boys shop.
Productive and fun place to work
Transfer Associate II/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day working at Raymond James in Account Transfer department is processing clients transfer request and assisting the Financial Advisor with documents requirements and statuses. I enjoyed with my co-workers, we work as a team always helping each other out when needed.
Excellent Company to work for.
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2014
I loved this job and would go back in a heart beat. Unfortunately, after 6 years of service I had reached the highest level attainable with the company and was seeking further career advancement.
Supportive management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Being able to enter the investment industry was something I had long desired and Raymond James made that possible. The management from corporate office to our local office were very supportive and assisted with all aspects of the job.
mostly good people, with a few exceptions
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2014
call on and answer calls from customers. deal with internal company issues. enjoy working with good clients that are open to me. dislike the duplicity of the company.
Work Environment
Securities Ops Admin (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
I felt that environment was cold and lacked depth. Not my type of work environment.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
horrible