Raymond James

Raymond James Employer Reviews

Minimal room for advancement
Operations Rep. (Former Employee), St. PetersburgNovember 27, 2012
Pros: corporate culture and campus
Cons: opportunites for advancement are minimal
How successful you are working at Raymond James depends upon which department you work in. If you look for a job in operations, run for your life! Staff are underappreciated and there are little to no advancement opportunities. Performance feedback is almost non-existent expect during performance review time. That being said, be sure you apply for a – more... position in Towers 3 or 4 only. The corporate culture and values are excellent, as are the opportunities for career advancement. – less
Good Company - Well Run IT Dept.
Data Architect (Former Employee), FLNovember 20, 2012
Pros: it best practices, employee appreciation
There's a good focus on doing things right in IT. I learned a lot there. I think this comes from the fact that their systems are a selling point to independent agents.
Employees are treated well with appreciation events. Great St Petersburg facility.
Truly client-focused firm
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Roswell, GANovember 6, 2012
I have found RJFS to be a very prudently managed investment services firm. The company's conservative business approach has served it well and allowed it to maintain and build a solid reputation with the retail investing public.
Not for me
Client Services (Former Employee), OhioOctober 18, 2012
This just was not the right company or opportunity for me. This review is not specific to the company its just based on my experience in the investment industry; which was not for me.
Analytical position with very in depth research. Great company to work for and amazing Company Culture/Policy.
IMPAC Support Specialist (Current Employee), RJFS - Compliance DeptOctober 17, 2012
Pros: great health care, busy challenging work that is continually thought provoking and leads to gaining knowledge.
Cons: short breaks, mis-communicated rules/regulations.
I work with a team of 5 other people, in a very prestige financial platform that has been closed since 2002, yet allowed for past Financial Advisors to continue in the Program.

On a daily basis, I speak with Financial Advisors Nation wide, solve problems related to all Investment Options. Additionally, I am solely in charge of approving every new Client – more... into the Program and work closely with my Supervisor to solve critical issues.

My co-workers and I work closely on projects as well as maintain our own daily tasks. Aside from taking care of our career duties, we also have a great relationship and work on team building once a month.

The most difficult part of my position is learning to diffuse negative situations and help the Financial Advisors understand practices must be changed.

The most enjoyable part of my position ties in with the most difficult. I enjoy a challenge and really like utilizing my communication skills. Therefore, explaining issues to advisors, gaining their understanding and turning a large issue into one that is accepted is a very enjoyable part of my day. – less
I enjoyed the experience of helping clients
Administrative Assistant/Client Services (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2012
The most enjoyable part was it was never a routine to do something. You had to think "outside the box" to get things accomplished.
IT QA / Testing department has horrible work/life balance
IT Test Analyst (Current Employee), St. PetersburgOctober 13, 2012
Pros: nice office campus. free parking.
Cons: horrible hours and workload, leadership does not empathize with work/life balance.
There are unrealistic expectations from management, who incredibly have no QA background themselves. Time to market is king, quality takes a lesser role though they talk it up. Reality is it's more important to "show" effort. Pay is low given expectations for 55+ hours a week. Lack of advancement opportunity. You can't get promoted in place and have – more... to wait for a position to become vacant and bid for it.

Good people, but no balance at all. Lots of turnover. – less
Great company to work for.
Manager of Client Care - Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2012
Great to expand on your strengths and learn about the financial and economin industry in these times. National corporation feel, but also can work for an independent firm in a small business setting with support of a large company.
Productive and Secure
Trading Administrator II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 2, 2012
Pros: job security, benefits package
Cons: not enough guidance from management
A typical day of work includes printing daily performance details for each account opened prior day, responding to internal and external email inquires from managers, FA's and associates. Running daily queries, opening and balancing accounts. Making any necessary changes or adjustments. Assiting with other areas of the department when short staffed. – more... The management team is friendly. However I do not think they do enough to encourage growth. The hardest part of my job is asking management for career advice. The people I work with are nice and are team players. – less
Good company with Core Values and Methodology
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good working environment, people are great.
Cons: somewhat lower in pay
Larger company with good people. Not as agile as they should be but many larger companies have that problem. Learning to be more proactive instead of reactive.
Great work environment, low salary
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), St. PeteSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: reliable support, great environment and hours. respectable company for references.
Cons: low compensation
Pros: It is nice to work for a company who is always available a phone call away if we ever need support. And when we call, we get the home office in St. Pete FL, not another country. Work environment is great, nice hours. Respectable company to work for. Con: Low compensation for our level of education and work.
Good place
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Portage, MISeptember 12, 2012
Nice place, just a bit small for my current career aspirations.
Excellent company to work for.
Sales Associate I (Current Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great service from the back office. benefits to part-time employees.
Cons: no office in murfreesboro, tn
I have had a great experience with Raymond James and Associates. Always talk to people in the back office who are very willing to help you in any way that you may need it. Very professional and friendly work environment.

I would highly recommend working at this company.

Only work part-time and receive benefits.
Great company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), St. Pete, FLSeptember 7, 2012
I would recommend anyone to work for this company. Good management, at least it used to be.
great company
Security Associate /Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 31, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Company loyality towards employees. I enjoyed going to work there.
Conservative
Customer Svc (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 17, 2012
Pros: good retirement package
Cons: hard to advance within
Met some very nice people, usually fun and interesting atmosphere
Contract work
Junior Technical Writer (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2012
Pros: good management, professional environment
Cons: too much assigned in too little time to keep up work quality
My contract job paid well and I was well-treated by the management. The work environment was very fast-paced and I think the deadline they put on our contract for completion of the work was somewhat unreasonable.
Professional business environment with plenty of advancement opportunities
Business Analyst Co-op (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2012
Pros: good pay, nice coworkers, excellent benefits
Cons: strict business environment
Raymond James is a fantastic place to work regardless of your position. You can do anything from working the mail room to programming or strictly doing management. It pays well even to start and only offer advancement from there if you do a well enough job.
Always greet with a smile
Administrative Services Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: execellent hours
Cons: working a few holidays
I managed the lobby at Raymond James. I learned how to handle wholesalers who wanted to talk to Financial Advisors and sales calls. Anytime a client would come through the door I would offer coffee or something to drink. My co workers were very friendly and would offter help if I needed it. I enjoyed setting up meetings in the conference room and making – more... sure our clients were taken care of. – less
Great place to work in
Alternative Investments (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2012
Pros: coffee, lunches, people
Very chill and relaxed environment.
Every day pass by quickly when working on your favorite assignments. This company provides a lot of opportunity to anyone.

About Raymond James

You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and – Read more