Raymond James Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and hard work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILAugust 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I knew a lot of the people and also got to know some new ones. Didn't like working third shift, but understood I had too start at the bottom and work my way up.
Great learning experience
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2015
- Enjoyed working here
- Learned a lot from this place
- Co-workers encourage, appreciates and boost confidence
- Management cares about their employees
- Value clients' money
Collaborative work place
Fee Based Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FlAugust 5, 2015
I have learned a lot working a Raymond James. I have expanded my financial product knowledge and have seen first hand the collaboration involved in running a financial business each day.
fu n
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  nyOctober 22, 2013
workplace was amazing and the people were the best in business and excellant benefits
Wonderful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2015
Going to my office and being greeted with pleasantries from the time I walked off the elevator and throughout the day. Management was wonderful to work with. It was more like a family then co-workers.
A good opportunity with valuable education and knowledge resources.
IT Asset Management Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2014
One of the things I learned in this position is just how much I don't know about the IT world. Fortunately it is an environment in which everyone shares their knowledge and is willing to offer assistance or support whenever needed. One of the things I enjoyed most about this position was the freedom to get things done in a way that worked best for me. I am fortunate in that the team I work with is a close group, each with different specialties and personalities. When decisions are being made or procedures put in place, the group discussions include every perspective. The hardest part for me right now would be management's shift towards micro-managing employees.
Pros
culture
Cons
company right-sizing, realignments, work moving to different states
Established Bank, Good Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2015
I learned a lot at Raymond James, branching out from my previous management responsibilities (ex. balancing budget, coordinating assignments with outside department, project managers and HR). The people were very friendly and career driven.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
managment would at times give mixed-messages
Great team, great managers
TSC Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNJune 22, 2013
Spend all day answering phones, assisting fellow employees with any Technology issue remotely. We take pride in First Call Resolution and we all work hard.
I've learned how to fix many common issues today with computers, from software updates causing issues, to teaching people how to use their computers better.
Management is great, my co-workers are always there to help, and we all get along well, making it a fun place to work.
Pros
free lunches when we work through, great managers
Cons
layoffs, i am a contractor
Minimal room for advancement
Operations Rep. (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgNovember 27, 2012
How successful you are working at Raymond James depends upon which department you work in. If you look for a job in operations, run for your life! Staff are underappreciated and there are little to no advancement opportunities. Performance feedback is almost non-existent expect during performance review time. That being said, be sure you apply for a position in Towers 3 or 4 only. The corporate culture and values are excellent, as are the opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
corporate culture and campus
Cons
opportunites for advancement are minimal
N/a
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Great atmosphere, great company to work for with great leadership. management takes time to understand and mentor employees for advancement.
very good authentic sculptures
Data Process (Former Employee) –  St PetersburgMay 19, 2015
Great overtime available. was able to do lots of overtime, and they also allowed you to make up hours if you needed to. Wanted to become a permanent worker.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
very judge mental
Great opportunity to learn and focus on something old and new to me
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FL 33716April 10, 2012
Working for Raymond James was a great challenge although initially it may not have felt that way. I was only working on Payroll, but it was a national payroll with components and processes I hadn't been exposed to before. This gave me the opportunity to learn and increase my understanding of different state and local taxes as well as garnishments and other deductions. I also had the chance to learn more about the investment world and see how different products were used as well as the chance to work with people all over the country since I supported branches from California to New York. The team I worked with was excellent and was as varied as the investment products the company offered. This keep even a slow day interesting most of the time. Although opportunity to advance was limited I was always encouraged to do more and when given the chance usually I was able to surprise other departments with great work despite not having the same level of training and education.
Pros
great recognition programs, annual bonus, annual increases, great department management
Cons
limited advancement, heavy traffic to and from work
Wonderful career move with a great company
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
I was hired as a receptionist when they opened the local branch. Within 1 year I was a full time employee with my series 7 license. Within 5 years, I had made it to Branch Managers assistant and would back up the Ops Mgr, organize and follow through with Seminars and marketing events, train new Financial Advisors and Associates, as well as process new accounts and trades. I was the IT manager of the branch which I enjoyed the most in this position, along with the people. My biggest obstacle, or challenge with the company was the opportunity for advancement once the market began it's decline.
Pros
the best company i ever worked for.
Cons
the opportunity for further advancement.
Enjoyable workplace
Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 16, 2013
My days consisted of balancing brokerage accounts. I enjoyed this because I received a sense of a job well done at the end of each day. I was allowed to hone my skills of problem solving and effective communication while completing my daily job duties. The management team was amazing. I would work for either of them at the drop of a hat. My co-workers were pleasant to be around and had a passion much like my own for the job we performed. The hardest part of this job was making time to attend the Raymond James University courses that were offered to employees to encourage continued learning. The most enjoyable part of this job was being appreciated and recognized by management.
Pros
within 1 month of me being hired i returned from lunch to a $100 bonus
Cons
parking
Busy work environment, coworkers are very pleasant to be around
Fee Based Associate II (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FLOctober 21, 2013
• Worked closely with Financial Advisors to move and reassign funds to proper accounts for trading
• Collaborated with multiple departments including trading, banking, and compliance to ensure timely and correct paperwork was completed for every transaction
• Served as a liaison between branch offices of Raymond James Financial and the Corporate Office in regards to account reconciliation, distribution, and termination
• Became fluent in multiple computer systems within Raymond James Financial
• Participated in Quarterly meetings for the evaluation of the Asset Management department’s ability to meet our goals and forecasted our new productivity goals for the new quarter
• Trained on all market standards for operation and regulation put in place by the Securities Exchange Commission
• Assisted in the training of new employee’s acquired through a company merger
Great company with commensurate benefits and good wealth-management platforms
Wealth Advisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 18, 2012
The typical day focused on wealth management and strategies around ultra-high net-worth individuals and families. I learned a significant amount about retirement planing, estate planning, stock options, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, commoditites, managed futures and other derivatives. Working with the management was great because it was a small office and was like a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was achieveing beyond client expectations.
Pros
working with the clients on wealth management plans was a real pleasure
Cons
difficult decisions to make in a recessionary environment
No degree means no hire!
Black listed no degree! (Former Employee) –  St pete, FloridaApril 29, 2015
Only want people who have degrees even if the work is in the mail room. What a joke! They only care about people who can get jobs with their degrees but the ones who have trouble finding work can't get in!
Pros
Cons
Black listed
good
Corporate Actions Associate III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2015
I haven't worked for Raymond James in over ten years so I am sure how the culture is now. However, it was a good company to work for but didn't pay well.
Daily life at Edward Jones
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Meeting with client
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Meeting with client
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Phone calls with clients/prospects
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner meeting with client

Taking care of the clients was best part of job. The lack of support was the worst. Each branch at Edward Jones was setup as an Island to run on your own. For the first 3 years as an adviser life can be hard with economics and time with family.
Pros
independence
Cons
commission schedule low compared to other firms.
I would be a contributing member to the office staff with my work ethic and people skills.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg FL.April 21, 2013
My work day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
I learned how to communicate effectively with clients both internal and external in a professional and friendly manner.
I work closely with management as an administative assistant.
I am able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
My job requires a constant rearranging of work priorities dependant on various situations that may arise during the work day.
I enjoy the associates that I work for and report to as I am very much a people person.