Raymour & Flanigan

Raymour & Flanigan Employer Reviews

Great company Discount
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 11, 2014
Working for this company will allow to to network with a lot of interesting people. Every day will provide a new and interesting position, and the company offers a great discount to their employees.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 8, 2014
Great customer service every day, raymour and fanigan culture is customer comes first. I love working at raymour and flanigan because they treat employees with respect, and they provide employees tools and training to be the best in the market. I can say raymour and flanigan is one of the best furniture place to work.
Horrible Work conditions
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
Cons: everything
No room for growth
Not treated well
Hateful people
Non educated atmosphere
Direct and Efficient
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Raymour and Flanigan's cleverly designed customer care system allows for a retail giant to continuously extinguish fires in customer relations; hiccups in retail business are prone to ignite. What I've learned from this job is stress management, and the power of organization. Great procedures to help tackle and complete wildly incoming business from – more... customers and incoming calls from current customers, and departmental partners. Most of the co-workers are sharp, energetic people. Mostly motivated by sales and self-benefits, but it worked for the greater company - everyone was happy. The best part about the job was meeting all the people you come across in our New York City customer base. So many wonderfully interesting, people you meet, some that make you feel real good about doing a good job for them. – less
A good place to work, hard to get promoted
Assistance Supervisor (Current Employee), Randolph NJ,October 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard to get promoted
we offload trailer about 7-12 a day, I've learned to to be a leader and manage my team, the hardest part of this job is the lifting and early shift. the most enjoyable part of this job is learning from other associates.
decent to build workforce experience
Facility Tech (Former Employee), Randolph NJSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: long lunch break, pay, build experience for workforce, decent co-workers
Cons: incompetent managers, lack of communication, non union
Its a decent place if you want to have experience in the warehouse/ forklift area. Managnment is the real problem ith this company; they are incompetent and use fear to get work done; supervisors will watch over your every move waiting for you to mess up and run back to the office and report you.

The Only way you will get promoted in this company is – more... by kissing the butts of the managers. If you are not a brown noser you will never be promoted, they will always find some excuse and use your screw ups against you. This company is 110% non union and they let you know it; even the word union is forbidden in the warehouse (you will be written up on it and threatened with termination). You will end up working long hours on weekends and on all holidays (enjoy your family while you can). They do not care about you, they will fore you before big holidays and make sure you do not get unemployment if fired; they want to protect all their money. Raymour & Flanigan is the worst placed I have ever worked at, this company needs an investigation by the Feds for workers rights violations. They will threaten you and intimidate you; don't buy into their fear. Also don't get injured, its immediate grounds for them to fire you on the spot (they will deem you unfit and a threat to the company). Look up lawsuits again Raymour & Flanigan both for injury and racial events. They sell used refurbished furniture; be warned never buy a mattress here, they have bed bugs.

The only tiny bit of a silver lining is some of your co workers are really good hard working people. Heed my word about this company – less
Great Company
Inventory Control Coordinator/ Parts Coordinator (Current Employee), Seekonk, MASeptember 5, 2014
Raymour & Flanigan is a great company to work for. The owners are always reachable and travel to every store. They have created a work environment that is almost like family.
Delivery drivers break their backs
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Gibbstown, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: run your own show
Cons: customers that dont tip
You go out with a straight truck that you load to the max with a helper. This is a young man's game. Going up stairs with armours, dressers, etc. Compensation is based on piece count mainly and we would on a good day come back with 50.00 or so each in tips if you stay out of Cherry Hill, Marlton or Mt. Laurel. Figure on Tues-Sat schedule and about 650/week – more... plus tips. Benefits are ok. About 55-60hrs per week. – less
Short term job, expect nothing more
Sales (Former Employee), Wilkes BarreApril 26, 2014
Pros: with lies and deception you can sell alot and make money., if you are a good liar the reward is a good pay check.
Cons: many hours are expected, floor is over staffed., goals are untainable to over 85% of the associates, they will suck the life out of you, atmosphere is degrading and hr could have a field day if they ever heard what goes on, do not get injured on the job or you will be persucuted for your remaining days that will be short.
Very stressful everyday , run by managers who like to use fear and intimidation to get results because they lack the leadership skills to do otherwise. Very high turnover.
Retail
Sales Supervisor / Interior Designer (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 21, 2014
Moved to Florida Was at great position

wanted to better myself and move to fl
na
warehouse (Current Employee), Gibbstown, NJApril 15, 2014
This will be a good job for someone who is trying to gain experience in the warehouse industry.
Great place to work !
Maintenance Dept. (Current Employee), Suffern N.Y.April 10, 2014
I have worked for this company a few years now and I must say I look forward to it every day ! This is a family with this company , and the associates all are apart of this ! We have cook outs at times and we also have times when we have potluck lunches where associates bring in dishes they made at home ! I do enjoy this because you get to taste many – more... different types of traditional foods. We are constantly growing within this company since day one and the management here is first class ! Now that a lot of the non team players are gone ! The open door policy is awesome within regards to communications within the company and just to give you an example of that , I as an associate e-mailed the owner of this company and had an immediate response back ! Now that is a family run business at the highest level ! – less
High Stress Level - Management Favors People who Work 6 Days A Week
Sales Associate (former) (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 23, 2014
Pros: training, software & promotional opportunities
Cons: late hours, long days, lack of appreciation from upper management.
Was top seller.... Company does not promote fairness and honesty among sales associates in the work environment. R&F policies encourages dishonesty in client interactions.

All Sales/Customer Service people, good people. Upper Management not appreciative of what weekends require. A bag of bagels on Sundays would go a long way.......

d
Unrealistic expectations!
Distribution supervisor (Former Employee), SuffernMarch 19, 2014
Pros: right ideas by the owners poor choice of managing there management.
Cons: management and false expectations.
It's a political party. If your are not one to be political, this is not the place for you. It's about numbers and lies and deception.

Raymour produces a good culture on paper, and why many associates look to adhere and respect that culture, management uses it to will there employee into doing more then what is realistic then hold them accountable – more... for not meeting certain goals.

It's amazing that productivity and efficiency spreadsheets were the reason the original manager got let go only for the new manager to take the same spreadsheets give it a new look and implement the same ideas months after saying his focus is on culture not productivity. – less
Great company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: decent benifits
It was good job, just not making any progress. I am not where I expected to be, just have to make a move for my family and I.
Helping people with furniture
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYMarch 12, 2014
A typical day was coming in and sitting at the computer and helping people and answering phones. Very professional.
Family Company Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: weekly pay and commission, good benefits
Cons: mandatory weekends
Great sales environment good selection of furniture brands.
Low Compensation
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: job security, tuition reimbursement (restrictions apply)
Cons: low compensation, boredom, no perks
If you are ambitious or want to earn, well Raymour & Flanigan is NOT the place for you. But if you want a desk job, earning below the average rate, with no opportunity to rise up the ranks, then this place would be a good fit. Depends on who you are and what you want.
Stressful and Physical job
Facility tech (Current Employee), Gibbsboro,njFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the travel to and from work. also very physical work.
The day consists of pulling orders from the racks and place the by overhead doors that they're assigned too. Also load trailers with the merchandise we pulled.
fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers, your own busines, fun environment
Cons: micro management, no weekends off, straight comission
Selling customers... calling on existing customers. Learn to deal with rejection and how adapt to different personalities. Hardest part is the hours/life outside of work. Best part is developing friendships with co workers and helping someone new feel satisfaction from my commitment to great salesmanship and service

1 2 3 4

About Raymour & Flanigan

Raymours Furniture is heating up the oft-chilly Northeast, doing business as Raymour & Flanigan. The company operates┬ámore than – Read more

Raymour & Flanigan Photos