Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

Great company
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Typical day at work involves desk work or hands on work depending on role. Meetings, training, following process, and presentations are part of it. I learned a lot from engineering, management and from other people's experiences. Coworkers are great. Management is great. Hardest part of the job is doing independent work from time to time and following process while meeting deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Great place to work, good career advancement opportunities.
Senior Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: every other friday off, benefits, growth potential, pride
Cons: management, clearance limitations
Raytheon is an employee-oriented company with a great focus on diversity. There is a lot to learn and opportunities for career development and advancement. Being a rocket scientist feels great, the job requires to work with products that matter and are needed by the country which gives a sense of accomplishment.
Have to love the 9-80 work schedule!
Good work enviornment with interesting tasks
Field Engineer Technical Support (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good housing, good benefits, good climate to work in.
Cons: no personal actions with managers, short breaks/lunches, redundant tasks.
Run diagnostics of every associated device for the ship's WAN.
Learned different protocols for networking
Mangers were fine just did not see them much
Good coworkers that assisted when needed
Hard learning the ship's floor plan
Enjoyed the moderate climate
Logistics Manager for defense contractor.
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on sight, gym, barber...
Cons: became a calculated place to work with little regard for employees future.
My job was to ensure that any issues that came up with the functions of the logistic department were managed correctly. I worked beside other professional engineers in system and software backgrounds to ensure that the contract guidelines were adhered to and that all requirements were meet on time and under budget.
It could have been better if there was a professional team instead of a day-care.
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: the job of et 3 would have been great with the proper team.
Cons: the management and the staff made the job a mess.
As far as the work environment at Raytheon, I would like to have been in a different area, and they didn't want to give me the chance. Also if you are not in tight with the group leader, then you will have nothing but trouble with the rest of the staff. It was the wrong choice of job because of the site manager and his cadre that wanted to do things their way instead of the right way.
Excellent company and opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: challenges, meaningful work
Great workplace with numerous challenges in defense industry. Many opportunities to improve and advance. Lots of variety and never dull. Some weeks require long hours but flexible work hours are available. Good pay and benefits. Education assistance available also.
It was ok
Tech Support Associate (Former Employee), Linton, INJanuary 20, 2015
As usual with a big company, you dont hear from any higher ups unless something is going on.
Summary
(CIF) - General Clerk (Data Entry) (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Responsible for variety of clerical functions, using multiple guides and manuals, to enter data using MS office computer programs for the issuance and accountability of equipment/supplies to military personnel. As a Supply Technician, I apply a thorough knowledge of supply regulations and policies to perform a wide variety of complex assignments related to maintaining specialized property accounts and records, completing individual transactions, providing customer assistance, screening reference flies, conducting data searches, and distributing output files. Conduct extensive database searches to retrieve and use data in response to various questions or problems, and to resolve data discrepancies. Input screening requests to obtain logistics data on existing national stock numbers. Uses a thorough knowledge of supply regulations and policies to conduct physical inventories of a broad range of diverse, specialized items, some of which are difficult to identify and/or differentiate from others, and which require special treatment in handling and storage. Work in a logistical environment with supply specialists to prepare inventory procedures. Participates in the inventory process. Report potential problems or required information to management for immediate action. Perform filing and other clerical duties as necessary.
Excellent company and very professional people.
Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TxJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: multiple locations, top company in their industry
Cons: it takes a long time for contractors to get a permanent offer if at all
I enjoyed working at Raytheon because I got to work around some of the smartest technicians I've ever met. Also, Defense is a very interesting field to work in. I also learned more about troubleshooting and got to work with more equipment I hadn't worked with before.
Quality products
Industrial Engineer / Six Sigma Expert (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Several opportunities
Good military program division
Problems implementing new programs
Overall not bad
Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 16, 2015
I think being a younger generation at a place such as Raytheon is looked down upon. There is a huge age gap there and it weighs in on day to day work.
Focused Team with Performance and Perfection Focus
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day can vary greatly depending on what team and task I an currently involved with. I have been an asset to many different teams and tasks in my current position and have been shared across them as time and needs have risen. I have been involved in simulation execution and analysis on unix based platforms. I have worked with software development and implementation. I have ran simulation development and execution exercises with validation of results. I have presented to customers and been responsible for input material to customer briefings.

As a secondary task I am the lab manager for my program. In this role I develop network configurations and lab layouts to promote productivity. I support EHS, Finance, and other management functions in this role.

I have also been elected the Global Council representative for the Young Employee Success NETwork (YESNET) for Huntsville. I represent Huntsville in the global council. I am the co-chair for the branding committee for YESNET global council, where I work on channels for information sharing inside and outside of YESNET.
Radial Arm Drill
Radial Arm Drill Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2015
Ordered tools for drill. Ran job priority list. I enjoyed working on the parts. VERY HOT environment!
Fun
Program Security Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no breaks
Helped write up policy and procedures, daily filing, worked with temporary agencies to get new candidates. Went to colleges to recruited new students. Briefed and debriefed employees off of clearances.
great company
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
This is a great company to work for very motivated. I was very satisfied with work for them.
Average Company
System Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Landover, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Not bad company to work for just too big. Don't have anything bad to say the company was ok.
Diverse company with various products and intelligent employees
Program Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: intelligent workforce, high job security, good work-life-balance
Cons: slow-pace, good-old boys network
Overall, Raytheon is a great company to work for. It solves challenging problems and has fantastic employees.
Loved the work
Remote Pilot Operator / Data Entry Technicial (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: beutiful facility, many breaks, enjoyed the fast pace work.
Cons: healthcare, lack of advancement
The work itself was fun and entertaining, I learned many skills and traits that carry into daily life. Management needed improvement when it came to how they treated the employees especially during extenuating and life threatening circumstances. The Politics of the company were abhorrent. Most of my co-workers were wonderful people but exceedingly cut throat.

The hardest part of the job was quick turnovers, scheduling conflicts, and illnesses/ lack of sick days. Quick Turnovers- the company operated in two shifts, AM (7A-3:30P) and PM(3:30P-12A) many times you would be given back to back turn arounds multiple times per week. (ex. M- PM shift T- AM shift W-Double shift Th- AM shift) Where this was problematic was the exhaustion and toll it took physically to stay awake. If you have a 30 minute drive time from your house to the facility these turn arounds would only allow the Remote Pilot Operators to get six hours of sleep at best and that is providing you could go to bed as soon as you got home and didn't need to shower all week. Scheduling conflicts- Even if you had a non negotiable doctors or dental appt. you were not guaranteed time off for the appt. If you were to go on vacation and bought air fare you still may have to change your flight. Illness/ Lack of sick days- we were not given sick days by the company. If you did not call in by 10 Pm the night before it was considered an unexcused absence even with a doctors note. If you got sick during your shift, you were not guaranteed to go home and therefore many illnesses spread like wildfire through the facility including – more... Swine Flu in 2009. If you had a child and were on shift, you were chastised for leaving work to go pick up your child. Even if it were at the daycare facility's request.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself. It was truly gratifying to help teach the students their trade, and in turn help them succeed in a career. Not only that but mentally I enjoyed the challenge of system error to where we had to step in and input specific algorithms to fix either radio or personal error. The Instructors became amazing friends as well. – less
loved this company
Data Entry (Former Employee), Greenville, TXJanuary 6, 2015
They have consistency of work flow. They believe in holidays and giving their employees time off. Employees can get early vacations with pay. They also have great benefits. They believe in taking care of their staff.
N/A
Customer Service and Office Administration (Former Employee), Fulton, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: the lengthy application process
The was a down grade position that I was used to working for, but I enjoyed working with the Staff and getting to meet different people. The hardest part was not watching the TV that's located in the lobby area.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more