Raytheon

1.0K reviews

Raytheon Employee Reviews

Components Eng. Section Head (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility and diversity culture
Overall I got no complaints. This is a great company to work for. The flexibility and advancement opportunity have been a great incentive for me and my family.
outstanding people
CLEAN ROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: layoffs
outstanding people. great benefits. fun place to work.. I had chance to grow and learn new jobs... given the chance I would return.. such a great company..
Very Productive
JoAnn Givens, Director (972) (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 22, 2015
Very Productive environment will great professionals. Numerous daily task both computer and office. Learned different computer applications.
Terrific place to work.
Senior Information Assurance Officer (Current Employee), Tucson ArizonaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Cubicle work.
Great place too work. Lots of job security, Well managed with many
area's to explore new skills. Consistent fair management.
Pay fair, lack of works, excellent management
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Renton, WAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent managment
Cons: Lack of job security
A typical day at work - Project management (planning, budgeting, scheduling, meeting, proposing, traveling...). Worked with great managers and associates. The hardest part was lack of job security due to lack of contracts. No contract no job.
This is a Good Company to Retire from.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment
Cons: pay raises are low
The atmosphere is some to get to used to, from smelling coolant in the air to mandatory testing on a weekly basis. You will learn a lot if the right person has the time to train you, to do a good job.
Typical Big Business mixed with Gov't Bureaucracy
Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee), ArizonaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Seems pretty stable. Good Health Care.
Cons: Low pay. Treated like a grunt. Hard to move up. Non-existnt raises.
Raytheon does offer better vacation days than others, but unless you work for Corporate, forget about it. Working as a contractor, you do not get much. In addition, you are required to go to Raytheon meetings that are on you own time, unlike other companies that pay you for your time in a Corporate meeting. Continuing Education is also a joke and requires that you pay everything up front and you "might" get re-reimbursed. A lot of training is required (out-of pocket) once you get hired and you get a $2.00 pen as a thanks. My salary range is $75k-$100k (WAY below the market value for my job). They maintain the standard, "You are what makes this company great!" and, "We couldn't do it without you!" but in the end you are just a number that no one knows by name unless you either invent something to make the company millions or you get in trouble a lot.
Raytheon passion in business.
Manager II Business Development (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 16, 2015
Raytheon is a great company overall.
It has lots of room for advancement in business and engineering. Some management lacks the current skills in relation to changing trends in business, but recent management changes are appealing for business growth. Raytheon compensation is very good and takes care of their people. Job culture is very work intensive and requires dedication and passion.
Good company to work for, employed there over 14 yrs, great exposure to management and government interface
Principal Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Performance Evaluations
Close to home, great benefits, good co-workers, family environment, profit sharing, company produces great products for the military
Professional and friendly team of personnel
Tech Instructor/Course Developer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Able to take care of personal commitments without to impact on work due to team support
Cons: Slightly lower pay than expected
Supportive team members when integrating new employees. Management team was extremely helpful introducing workflow and daily duties. Work pace was steady and managable
Raytheon
18 Year Employee (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2015
Overall, a decent company to work for. The culture of the company has been on a decline with the recent mergers and so forth.
Great Place
COMPENSATION & PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance and amazing people
Cons: Difficult to get into and slowed by government red tape
Overall an amazing place to work with great work life balance. It is a government contractor so you have to deal with significant red tape.
ok
Principal Recruiter (Current Employee), TewkburyAugust 12, 2015
I'm looking for a more proactive company. Raytheon is a defense company and the work is typical of the industry. It's OFCCP compliant and a US contractor. Rules intensive
It was a great company to work for.
OPS Specialist (Former Employee), Landover, MDAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great pay, and benefits. Loved most of the people I worked with
Cons: Shift work in the snow.
Benefits were good, pay was good, management was good.
This is a good company to work for. The work was interesting, and rewarding. Co-workers were easy to work with overall. The only hard part about the job was working shift work.
Great place to work with great people to work with
Supervisor/Mananger (Current Employee), Garland TexasAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: none
My day starts at early with meetings and customer work request.
I have learned that people make the company strong and productive.
During my time at Raytheon management has changed has many times but we still remain strong.
My co-workers are the best and have always enjoyed them
Hardest part of my job is working with limited staff'
I enjoy making people happy always have and always will.
Productive and fun place to work.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2015
I have enjoyed my time here at Raytheon, I am just sorry that they will be closing by the end of the year. That is why I am currently looking for a new employer
Good place to work, some issues.
Senior Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, compensation, benefits, challenge
Cons: red tape, slow to react, less than cutting edge tools/tech, politics
A good place to work with good benefits.
They are prone to the usual games that congress plays with the budget so some of their programs hire/layoff with more frequency than you might like. Advancement is good for most, but once you get to a certain level there is a bit of game playing and politics that take over.
interesting and challenging ,i i leai helped me beat
Senior Assembler (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 6, 2015
i learned beat my quality
fix the problems in production
. helped me to be certified on JSTD and OSHA
.gave me the opportunity to work on the ship of the NAVY
Good working environment and annual training
Assembly Technician Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2015
An over all great experience working for Hughes/Raytheon during my employment. Good working environment and annual training. Work a typical day from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Mon thru Fri. Sometimes worked OT till 4:30 pm or on weekends.
Very good company.
CAD Draftsman (Micro Circuit Board Design) (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 4, 2015
Computer aided design and hand drawing. Learned to use the Unix operating system. Fun and awesome place to for. Co-workers were very helpful and fun.
Industry