Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
The work was challenging at times.
Project Specialist, Planning and Controls (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 17, 2017
About 80% of the work force had to deploy to Antarctica for the summer season. It became challenging once the program started evolving.
Very respected Company
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 16, 2017
It was a very good company to work for during the period I was there, however as the company grew in size it was focused more on profits and less on the people that made those profits for the company and shareholders.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very Stressful work
Geart company that takes care of their employees
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Raytheon works hard to make sure our warfighters have what they need to keep our country safe.
They have many checks and balances within the infrastructure that assists in the work forces daily procedures and processes.
Friendly, team oriented work environment, good benefits
Talent Acquisition/ HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Raytheon's long term strategy and vision has created stability for the company within the defense industry. It is a friendly, team oriented culture and offers competitive benefits. Company encourages innovation, process improvement through six sigma and employee empowerment. Company has gone through several changes and reorganizations to remain relevant which has caused some turnover and attrition.
Pros
Friendly work environment, good benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons
Multiple company reorganizations over past few years
Good benefits, bad job
Senior Program Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Management is horrible therefore the job is horrible. Benefits are the only good thing about working here. Very difficult to advance if you stay in the same group. You must apply in order to advance.
Pros
Good time off
Cons
Horrible management
Configurable Logic Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2017
Work/life balance is great. You are not expected to work more than 40 hours a week. Benefits are decent. My main complaint is the absurd number of management layers.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Too many managers
Challenging, and fun.
Sr. Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAFebruary 2, 2017
Just like any other specialized career field, I will not and cannot divulge information on a public forum. I love working for this company but I am always looking to move forward in my career field, and advance my knowledge and capabilities.
Very great company
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanFebruary 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Raytheon in Taiwan. Great country to live and work. Wonderful food, friendly people, amazing culture. Working in Taiwan gave me a chance to visit far east asia.
Loved being part of the Antarctic Program
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 30, 2017
Raytheon Polar supported the National Science Foundation contract to support the USAP. I found Raytheon to be a great company to work for. I especially enjoyed the 9/80 work weeks. We worked 44 hours one week and 36 the next giving us every other Friday off!
Pros
9/80 work week
Cons
Corp red tape per usual.
I like where I work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  VariousJanuary 28, 2017
Good Benefits, Good communication from the Top Down. Could provide 401K matching at remote locations. Overall, I like what I do.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Raytheon
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work at when things are running smoothly. I worked there during the major defense contractor mergers and acquisitions. They had a hard time keeping up with taking care of the folks.
Pros
Worthy cause
Cons
Management indifference
Great Company
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIST II (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Great Company the best I could have every imagined to be honest. Just think it's time for a change in my career path. It's just time to move on to and start looking for other opportunities.
Great company
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2017
My first job out of college was a business analyst. This was my dream job and loved it grealy. Met my husband there. Left to stay home with my infant children.
Great place to work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Working here was very laid back as long as you met your deadlines. No added stress, except for the length of your contract with them. I would recommend this to someone for a place of employment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay
Productive and growth opportunities
Corporate Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Great company for flexibility, career growth and networking opportunities. I started off as an intern and got hired as a PT coordinator within year in the company.
A very open, friendly and conducive environment
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Working for Raytheon thus far has been a blast. Very challenging in the best of ways, with a very family like work environment where your coworkers are very open and excited to lend you a hand in anyway possible. So far through my journey i've learned the importance of having a challenging career mixed with a open and friendly work environment.
enjoyed this job
Lead Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 20, 2017
wish it hadn't been contract work. I enjoyed learning all the new stuff that was being made, and learning how to build and test the stuff.
Great company to work for
Senior Industrial Security Specialist, CPSO (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I learned a lot during my time with the company. Great management and great people. Always helpful and looked after their employees. Good benefits and room to grow.
Retired Air Force Officer moved into Raytheon
Sr. Technical Planner II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2017
High paced work environment with hourly challenges. Love the benefits of a satisfying work day. Protecting lives and keeping the boots on the ground safe to come home to their families
Pros
Comodery
Cons
Glass ceiling in the pay structure
Fun place to work at.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Testing and troubleshooting the Mile equipment.

How to utilize various testing and measuring devices.

Management was great.

Co-workers were fun to work with.

Keeping busy during the slow periods of work.

Testing the product after repairing it.
Pros
Barbecues.
Cons
Pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

92%