Raytheon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,136 reviews matching the search
Average Company With High Self-Esteem
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 19, 2016
It was obvious early on that Raytheon wants to be one of its larger competitors. I worked at the other company and they aren't succeeding at being as good or better. For starters, the technology some people need to do their job is so outdated. Even basics like Outlook aren't rolled out. Prepare to step back on time unless you are willing to find and pay for training on your own. Lots of conflicting messages about flexibility and balance.

Starting from Corporate and into the businesses, there are cultural problems. It is very hierarchical and leaders are worshipped. Leaders foster a culture of mediocrity. If you have suggestions, you may be told that you're negative or a complainer. True commitment to diversity and inclusion is lacking. So much of a person's experience at Raytheon depends on the management chain.
Pros
9/80 work schedule, nice facilities, some co-workers
Cons
Health/PTO benefits, outdated technology, unprogressive culture
Ok for Starting Out
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2016
Raytheon is a good place to get your feet wet to start off a career. With Raytheon on your resume, it's easy to find your next gig once you've put in a few years. Just be careful about the specific Raytheon location. The Albuquerque, NM location has some department managers who shouldn't be in management -- they are too young and inexperienced. But the reason they are in management is that they were already with Ktech when it was acquired by Raytheon in 2011. Thus, they have their positions via inheritance, rather than through merit. Also, the HR support at the Albuquerque site is sorely lacking -- it is one deep and expected to deal with a couple hundred personnel. All things considered, Raytheon is a fine company to work for, except for the Albuquerque, NM site. If a recruiter contacts you about a position there, be very careful. If you are an experienced engineer or technician, and the panel interviewing you comprises mostly people who look too young for the positions they hold, red flags should go up in your mind.
Pros
Good pay and benefits plan. Good place for someone fresh out of college.
Cons
9/80 work schedule sounds better on paper than it really is. Some locations are better than others.
Awful
Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJanuary 14, 2016
Raytheon Saudi Arabia , or RAYMES, is a terrible company to work for. Avoid at all costs! Management is inexperienced and two faced. Advancements opportunities are based off friendships , not the ability to perform your job correctly. Work environment is stressful. Compensation is less than should be expected.
Pros
compound living is well maintained and housing is decent
Cons
short breaks, inexperienced management, lack of promotion opportunities, unfair workplace practices.
Material Program Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I held various position at Raytheon; Production Control Manager, Inventory Manager, Incoming Receiving and Inspection Manager, Configuration Management Manager, Shipping and Transportation Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager and Material Program Manager. I worked on several different government programs, B2, C-130, F-15, F-14, F-16, F-18, TOW, Atflir, Trident Missile and designed ERP system output information. I had several training opportunities, EHS, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, World Wide Procurement, Program Management, OSHA Safety, SAP, ROI and Advanced Interactive Leadership.
Pros
Benefits, people and security
Fun Place with several locations
Materials Program Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to learn several different functions and meet lots of people from different cultures and backgrounds. The company is worldwide with over 80,000 employees. Depending on your particular position you may have the opportunity to travel and also communicate with people and companies from around the world.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great benefits, 9/80 work schedules
Cons
Lots of outward movement. Makes stability inconsistant.
You take the good with the bad.
Engineering Lead, Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 24, 2016
You take the good with the bad. My part of Raytheon was a labor organization that thought they were a manufacturing organization so process got in the way. If you are senior leadership, the benefits and pay are competitive but the hours are awful. If you are a junior engineer, the technology, mission and process are very useful learning experience but the pay isn't good.
Good work environment. Advancement possible.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Work days were full with numerous tasks and project to perform. A safe comfortable work environment was provided with adequate tools and equipment to perform the job at hand. Benefits provided were substantial. A good work/life balance was available and compensation was per industry standards.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, co-workers.
Cons
Dependent on federal government contracts that often changed with election cycle.
Wonderful company!
Production Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2016
This company has been excellent to me. I just have a need to be in Alabama and I am currently in Doha Qatar working on MOU. The company has provided me with a lot of experience in shipping receiving and warehouse work as well as the certified job careers I have chosen. I just cant do that much travel anymore as I have elderly parents in Alabama
Pros
benifits
Cons
long assignments over seas
Great workers, and a great place to work
Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 24, 2015
Advancement was always available. Work hard...you are rewarded by either a bonus or advancement. Management understood. Six Sigma was a huge part of getting things done, and it was employed wisely.
The hardest part of the job was working with obsolete equipment that our company had built decades earlier. The customer still had not replaced the requirement, and we were still on the hook for repairing the items well beyond their life expectancy. Through innovation and determination, the job was done within budget.
Excellent Career Opportunities
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 6, 2016
Excellent Career Opportunities with advancement possibilities. Diverse product lines throughout the world.

Adequate compensation and excellent benefits
In it for the money and benefits
Electronics Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2015
It is a great place to earn your money because of co-workers. There isn't much room for advancement; it's usually based on someones retirement. The money and benefits tend to keep people there. There is a great divide between the hourly-union employees and salaried employees.

I do not know the CEO and can not give approval either way.
Pros
pay; raises; vacation time; benefits
Cons
advancement; management
Raytheon
Fl- District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 2, 2015
Raytheon is a contract company that assigns me to ACDelco.
I spend my days calling on ACDelco Professional Service Center and Key Fleet accounts and promoting automotive programs, products and promotions. I have an established territory that I travel and service and solicit new business in the areas I work each day. I partner with my accounts to assist them in utilizing the different benefits of our program, to help them create relationships with their customers, bring new customers in, retain existing customers and ultimately grow their business. The relationships and trust I have built over the years means everything to me.
Pros
The freedom to service my territory as I see fit as long as I hit my numbers
Cons
Lack of job security as a contract employee
Very regimented atmosphere, worked with many active/retired military personnel
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2015
I have a job-share situation. Six months I worked strategy, while the other six months I worked competitive intelligence. I worked with all levels of management. I did some traveling; Boston, D.C. Enjoyed working the yearly Strategic Dialogue. The best project I had was Soldier Appreciation event. I was able to go to Ft. Hood several times, interfaced with many military ranks. I arranged for all the lodging, meals, transportation and entertainment of the troops. Quite and honor. I did all the logistics and designed the "coin" which was presented by the VP of Raytheon to each military attendee.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Basically on call 24/7
Calibration Service Technician
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2015
The culture of the the whole company is great, its pending on your position and what you make of it that counts. There seemed to be a separation of classes like in the military but instead of Enlisted and Officer, its Hourly vs. Salary. Personally I enjoyed being hourly with room to move around in the company.
Pros
Second Shift Pay, Good Time Off, Good People
Cons
110 degree weather by 11 am in the Summer
Little diversity and horrible work life balance
Structural Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2015
Growth opportunities are not offered indiscriminately. The environment can be very hostile and unprofessional at times. When these occasions of unprofessional behavior arise, no action is taken by human resources. Overall compensation to years in service are not competitive. Little opportunity to expand expertise and for regular training.
Pros
Large company allows for initially competitive pay.
Cons
Competitive pay quickly diminishes after a few years.
Great place to work.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TX, Orlando, FL,March 14, 2016
The only down side to working with Raytheon, as with all DoD Contractors is the loss of a contract can result in law offs. Other than that this is an outstanding company to work for.
Pros
Awsome benifits and the review process facilitates advancement.
Ejoyed trobleshooting the electronis on a daily bases
Electro-Mechanical Assembler - ESSR1722, Raytheon (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Work started at 7:00am Day shift only. I always had several electronic boxes to work on. Each box of 5 types had its on challenges. I worked self paced with little to no supervision.

Management did great by getting and keeping contracts for the company. On the other hand, management would not talk to the employees to get their advice concerning important facts that would save the company money.

Co-works all worked well with each other due to one supervisor. Each of us worked on separate work stations using independent Test Procedures. Interaction would occur during giving or taking advice related to work or troubleshooting techniques.

Employment down sizing started Dec 2015. That's my story.
Pros
The Recreation Committee had many luncheons and parties
A good company to work for
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 9, 2016
This company offers many opportunities to gain experience and develop your skills. Tons of different job positions available across many areas of interest.
Pros
Big corporation has lots of opportunities
Cons
Big corporation salary advancement is difficult
Exciting and challenging place to work.
Material Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2016
My time at Raytheon was a great career experience, Upper management was very helpful and understanding. We all had one clear direction and one goal in mind to provide great customer service.
Pros
Great pay. Great Management
Cons
Not really any cons
Raytheon passion in business.
Manager II Business Development (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 16, 2015
Raytheon is a great company overall.
It has lots of room for advancement in business and engineering. Some management lacks the current skills in relation to changing trends in business, but recent management changes are appealing for business growth. Raytheon compensation is very good and takes care of their people. Job culture is very work intensive and requires dedication and passion.