Raytheon

Raytheon United States Employee Reviews

Raytheon is a dependable and forward moving employer.
Executive Assistant to CEO, ED (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Recognition for jobs well done.
Trusted to do my job based on my knowledge of the job. Team environment created department accomplishments, Having worked for the company for many years there were no hard part job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for jobs well done.

There were no hard parts of the job except to be detailed oriented in job processes for acceptable completion.
Great Pay, Job security Not that great depending.
General Maintenance Worker/Electrical Technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Salary, PTO, Holiday pay
Cons: Downsizing of assets, Lack-job security
The company was great to work for, they offer benefits as well as great pay.The only downside of the company is they will downsize the company when funds aren't there and may cause you to lose employment.
Distance/ Time away from home bad
Electronics Technician II, HF Radar Technician (Current Employee), Freer, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great job
Cons: no personal life
Great job, love the work; but the time away from family/home life is suffering.Work is sometimes challenging, which is good. Job is just too far away from home, and not enough days off to compensate for time away from family.
Excellent place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Hours, location, dress code was very casual
Cons: Temporary position only
I loved my job here but it was only temporary and at the time, I needed something permanent. The employees in my area were team players and always looked out for each other. I learned Excel here but it is not my favorite task.
Fun place to work - If you are a regular employee
Facilities Planner (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: I was working as a contractor
Cons: contractors gets laid off first before employees
- I normally start of by saying good morning to my co-workers. Followed by drinking my morning coffee while I'm at my desk logging in to the email system.
- The hardest part of my job is beating the traffic in the morning and in the afternoon.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone collaborate and we all tried to come up with new approach with a motto of working smarter and not harder.
Interesting!
Material Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
A everyday work a Raytheon were fun of surprising events that help me to learn and develop myself as a individual and as employee.
Productive with mission supporting the security of the country.
Telecommunication Infrastructure Specialist (Former Employee), Dulles VAApril 15, 2015
Pros: NICE gym at Dulles HQ
varied work settings- travel; challenging, good co-workers. Professional atmosphere that gives responsibility. Work hours flexible to ensure coverage and rush-hour traffic avoidance
Excellent company
Field Service Rep (Installation/Modification) (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 11, 2015
Short term with the company during an overseas team assignment, but I enjoyed the work and the people with whom I worked.
Great team that took pride in their work.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Factory Team Leader (Former Employee), Largo, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: Working environment that encourages people to advance.
Cons: Too fucused on time clock.
Excellent employer that has various career paths for advancement. Employees take great pride in build communication systems for US military.
Various overseas locations
Sr. Field Service Rep. (Current Employee), Greenville, TXApril 10, 2015
I've spent the past 16+ years overseas upgrading and maintaining sensor packages for ISR platforms currently in use today. Providing real time intel to ground personnel to complete their task at hand, in some times brutal conditions.
Good Work /Life Balance
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee), McKinney, TexasApril 9, 2015
Company works hard to give employees flexible works schedules such as the 9/80.

Overall, good benefits for everyone and a positive work environment.
Great benefits, salary and close to home
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work Environment
Cons: Outdated computar sys
Good work environment, excellent cafe, extensive variety of jobs are available to choose from to advance career opportunities in company
good
Program Cost Scheduling and Control Analyst II (Current Employee), Largo, FLApril 6, 2015
This is a great company to work for and it has great benefits. They even pay for your education if it fits in your growth and development plan.
company have very little of flexibility
General Accounting (Current Employee), Dulles, VAApril 1, 2015
Company didn't really have good benefits and PTO. Company doesn 't provide notice for layoff. Company have little opportunities to move up.
Raytheon is a great work environment
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 31, 2015
The CIO and CISO are forward thinker and have a very positive attitude that allows you as a individual to contribute and grow
The work is challenging and rewarding. You can get a great deal of satisfaction from it.
Asset and Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: The company has a work-life balance policy and management really supports it.
Cons: There are times when there is a hard deadline and work hours are much less flexible.
Raytheon consists of several divisions covering a variety of industries -- many of which are government defense related. I always took great pride in the high quality and technologically advanced products we produced for the military (our end user).
Casual work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 27, 2015
Yearly "bumps" are very minimal compared to some other companies out there. Like some other large companies, HR moves at a glacial pace.

9/80 Schedule is great, however.
Good first line supervisor team.
Academy EnRoute Instructor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule for casual employees.
Cons: Uncertain future of a govt contractor
The first level supervisor are fair and good to work for but company policies beyond their control can be frustrating when problems arise.
I love my current job but I have been in it too long and need a change.
IIS/ Industrial Security Specialist (Current Employee), Springfiel, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: the location is close to home right now.
Cons: no room for advancement. :-(
The most enjoyable part of my current job are the programs that I support and the PMs that I interface with on a day to day basis. However! I have been at this job and location for over 10 years and feel that I need to move on. Ideally, with a new company and new location. I have learned that stagnant water stinks and there are times where we need to move on to grow! I think that time has arrived! :-)
Office full of women
Legal Assistant Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria onsite
Cons: difficult for me due to divorce
I was the new girl in the office. I had a hard time fitting in with the others who had been there for years. I wasn't there for very long before I moved to San Antonio.

I first worked for a group of patent people. Scheduled their presentation times and did the preparation for the presentation such as getting the room set up, making copies for others to review.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more

Raytheon Salaries