Raytheon Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed raytheon but the new Supply Chain Management is terrible.
After 18 years of employment the company relocated. I did no move so had to be laid off.
Training soldiers for battle environment
Supervisor, Cnsltng Training & Curriculum Devlpmnt (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 15, 2017
Train students how to operate an Unmanned Aircraft and utilize its sensor payloads.
The ever changing demands of the customer we serve are the hardest part
the most enjoyable part would be the overall aspect of contributing to the GWOT
I like going into work
Sr. Info Systems Tech II/E1 Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 14, 2017
I often tell people I get paid well to do a job that I love with people I like very much. The work goes through feast/famine cycles. The hardest part is keeping busy during the down times.
Interesting workplace but did not enjoy experience
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 11, 2017
Raytheon as a company is a very interesting place to work - lots of new and exciting technology. The work environment was ok, but often difficult given the large number of long-time employees who were very set in their ways and did not seem to welcome change or any feedback.
Secure, Relaxed, flexible,
SAP BW Developer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2017
A typical day consists of checking emails. Working on list of defects to investigate and repair. I have learned a great deal about SAP products, time management and communication. Work place is fairly relaxed. Management is very distant and currently not located in same location. Hardest part of the job is keeping track of all the little steps and unique oddities of working on the defects, Most enjoyable part of the job is sifting through the data and tracking the issue to the source.
Mixed review
Quality Inspector - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 8, 2017
As a Raytheon employee I found working groups too clickish. No actual real diversity is allowed. If you don't think like everyone else you are frowned at and even shunned. Contract job I had was easier going then being Raytheon employee. Diversity was allowed at the contract position. Management was good, with open door policy.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not all team members carried fair share of load.
Company out of business
National Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2017
I was offered and accepted very good positions at Raytheon Aircraft Services. General Manager at one of their facilities and National Sales Director. Company merged with Cessna and is out of business now.
I enjoyed working at Raytheon
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at Raytheon however promises were made and then I was lied to about those promises, multiple times. Management was good to me except for the misguidance in leadership.
Cons
No breaks
Good place working as a contractor
Systems engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 3, 2017
I had very flexible hours as a contractor. I worked very long hours some days and took other days off. I enjoyed the people and the work. I learned a lot about software testing and worked on some very complicated systems.

Some of their management processes seemed a bit goofy to me, but didn't have that great an impact on me.
Pros
Interesting people and work
Cons
Sometimes it seemed that we accomplished thingd inspite of management, rather than because of management.
Senior leadership's primary goal is self promotion
Material Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
Senior leadership's agenda is self promotion rather than overall co success or end user needs .... other than achieving follow on contracts. Yes achieving follow on work is paramount to corp success/longevity but not at the risk of serving the real end user's needs.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
political/cutthroat environment
Very Driven Engineers
SR. COMPONENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 1, 2017
Work required many secure databases and work was enjoyable. Very few meetings. Takes a while to learn all the different systems and databases up once you learn it, the work is very smooth and detailed. Contract was only for 6 months.
Pros
Very few meetings.
Cons
Summers can be quite hot, up to 120 degrees.
not interested
Senior Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 31, 2017
i am not reviewing raytheon and i find this part of the indeed website ridiculous and it has nothing to do with why i am on indeed, which is to find a new position.
Great place to work.
Field Engineering Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2017
I started my career at Raytheon in 1986 and I worked there until 2001. I had many opportunities for travel, education, training, and advancement. I enjoyed the years that I worked there.
Overall good group of people to work with
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2017
Some of the best people I have ever worked with, most people are retired or former military and are committed to continuing to support critical missions within the DoD and IC.
Pros
The People and the mission.
Cons
Typical Large Company Concerns
Were reasonable to work for
Principal Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 29, 2017
Competition for advancement was tough and there was a lot of back biting to get advanced. Working at Raytheon was stressful at times. Management allowed for flexible work hours as long as at least 8 hour days were worked
Pros
Pretty stable work
Cons
Worked a lot of extra hours and it was expected
We would get free catered dinners whe nwe got the planes out ahead of time
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, texasOctober 27, 2017
It was a good place to work, the pay was good, the work environment
the traveling from my home to Greenville was stressful because i had a small child in school.
Pros
free catering
Cons
Long out of town drive
Strange but exciting
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 26, 2017
Defense industry is a strange field. Tenor is valued more then talent. However its a fast paced atmosphere that is a great place to gain experience and the pay is very competitive.
A good job in which I learned alot
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 22, 2017
A very old company with some dated employee practices. While not union as an engineer it is a union company. The dynamics were very interesting between the non-union engineers and the union employees
Pros
Good job with advancement opportunity
Cons
An entry level position
They don't pay enough
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 21, 2017
They simply don't pay enough for the positions I was employed in.
If they paid a fair rate I would have no complaints. Healthcare was good up until last year, now it's questionable at best. 401k match is there, but abysmal compared to competitors.
Not a good place to work if you want to stay with one employer,
Information Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAOctober 20, 2017
Terrible management created an atmosphere of "do your job or lose it" was the norm everyday. Even though they advertised work/life as important they took it as a joke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.