Raytheon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search
Spent my entire carrer there
Retired as a Section Head (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 20, 2016
Hughes Aircraft was purchased by Raytheon all together I spent 32 years with the company. Did many different engineering tasks. Lot's of opportunity to try different technical paths. Had a great carrier there for 32 years.
Pros
Opportunity to do many different engineering tasks. Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Worked many weekends and holidays.
Work hard, play hard
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 19, 2016
Lots of work to be done. Management is pretty good and has your back. People are willing to work hard and are generally good team players.
Horrible Management, Unstable guarantee of employment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chaparral, NMMay 18, 2016
In the 2 years I was there I witnessed 2 lay offs. Also management was horrible. Too much favoritism. The position was easy to learn. Unfortunately this is an environment that regardless of you doing your job and more, if you aren't one of the boss' buddies, progress is not an option. Easy work environment and the ability to work independently as well as a team.
Pros
Calm working environment. Easy to learn job.
Cons
High price healthcare, bad management.
Very productive workplace
FTI/INCO Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2016
Great camraderie, too much away from my family. Good co-workers, very helpful supervisors. Great healthcare benifits, no promotion possibilities/contract work.
Pros
Very helpful Network Ops Centre
Cons
long hours, too much travel
Training Air Traffic Controllers
ATCOTS Certified Instructor II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 11, 2016
Air Traffic Control is a constant change. Rules and lesson plan have to be updated to reflect the changes. The lesson plans could be in the classroom or in the AT Coach Lab.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Each minute of the day had to be accounted
Smart People, Probably Most Technically Literate Company in Defense.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 9, 2016
Work environment is casual. Come in when you want: just make sure you finish your work.

I learned a ton. They really trust you to be able to do the work. And there's good and bad to that: you have an amazing opportunity to grow, impress and learn but you may stumble and fail.

Management is variable but overall, I haven't heard anyone complain immensely. No micromanagement or abusive behavior.

Co-workers are engineers in the most traditional sense. You're amongst your own kind.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the unsexiness of the defense industry. Another other complaints comes with any software job: boring bug tracking tasks, etc.

Most enjoyable is the flexibility and the freedom to prove your knowledge/intellect.

Pay is average.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, great benefits.
Cons
Unsexy, will not make you rich.
Raytheon is Purging Itself of Older Workers
Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 9, 2016
I was laid off after many years of excellent performance and great reviews. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth. The company is trying very hard to become younger and lower paying.
Cons
Discriminates based on age
Great company to work for
District Manager ACDelco Northeast region (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 7, 2016
The ability to set our own schedules and to assist customers. They go beyond when it comes to employees. The training i recieved was top notch.
Pros
Great friendly co workers
Cons
NONE
The best place I've ever worked at
Electronic Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 2, 2016
Smart, dedicated, and helpful co workers. Excellent benefits and excellent work environment (comfortable chairs, AC), state of the art equipment.
Busy Work Environment
Product Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 28, 2016
Products provide a very unique production environment that allows one to engage and feel accomplished. The technology at Raytheon offers the ability to enhance your skill set and create a sense of pride when accomplished
Challenging Work
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 28, 2016
Raytheon has very challenging and fulfilling work if you manage to be placed into the right team.

Some of the challenges is retaining great talent because benefits have been reduced such as elimination of profit sharing and reduced annual raises.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Challenging Assignments
Cons
Reduction of Benefits, Raises and Promotions of Junior Engineers
Nice office space in good location
Director Software Quality Assurance, CMMI SME (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 25, 2016
Solipsys is a generally nice place to work. Management lacks leadership skills advancement is difficult unless you are a favorite among leadership
Executive Assistant
Buyer/Planner - Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 23, 2016
Provided excellent buying support to engineers, and others that needed my support. Provided support to mangement and engineerings regarding shipment of parts, etc, using SAP
Pros
Busy
Typical Defense Contractor
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 19, 2016
Highs and lows. Typical defense contractor. Can get stale after a while. Stability based on defense budget. Lots of available locations. Lots of products.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2016
They really DIDNT PROVIDE JOB SECURITY. The management team had poor communication. Excellent co workers everyone there was friendly.
Professional and rewarding
Field Leader II Engineer, A03 (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 14, 2016
setting up and establishing communications for the US army. This job is for training our men and women so they are prepared in the event they have to go to war. It is extremely rewarding to know I may save lives due to the training that they have received using our system. I have enjoyed being an RF team manager here but like I have said I am at my 20 year mark and it is time to do something new.
Overall, a good company.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAApril 13, 2016
Raytheon believed strongly in compensating employees for going above and beyond his/her scope of duties. I believe this makes employees work harder and appreciate their employers more. The hardest part of this job was sending contractors to the Middle East - I worried for their safety.
Very serious and prfessional work invironment.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer I Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job is the compensation. I work extremely long hours not including the extensive travel that is required of me. I have learned a lot from my colleagues, as they are true professionals of their craft.
Pros
I am in charge of my own schedule
Cons
Traveling 50% of the time
Raytheon is a business that is striving to reconnect with 2016. This makes the atmosphere seem very antiquated.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 11, 2016
I was on a 6 mos contract with this company. However, in that time frame 9 individuals from upper management left due to differences with organizational changes. The processes are antiquated and it is more than likely you will hear a fax machine in the distance. An ISD will not have the ability to meet a SME before beginning a project. Most individuals in management have never completed an ISD course themselves, so the deadlines are unrealistic. The two positive segments of this contract were the work/life balance and enjoyable SME's.
Pros
Work/Life balance, SME's
Cons
Antiquated processes
Big Engineering Focused Contract Work
Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 10, 2016
Raytheon is a great company.

There is a big effort to keep up with trends in technology and a focus on innovation.

The types of contracts don't always allow for such technical freedom in implementation, but that really isn't the fault of Raytheon.