Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

Great Company
Field Engineer/Construction Engineer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 17, 2014
Pros: used my skills
Really enjoyed the company. Great personal and the travel. Learned different parts of the job.
Fun place to work with a lot to keep you busy
Software Engineer I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work involved:
- Team meeting to review and assign tasks
- Analyzing and completing coding tasks
- Updating documentation
- Communicating with customers to create requirements and answer questions

The hardest part of the job was not always having creative freedom with tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to program – more... the majority of the time. – less
Good
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 16, 2014
Good company but job security could be better. I would rather work salary as opposed to hourly.
Pretty good place to work
Team Lead / Six Sigma Expert (Former Employee), Forest, MSApril 14, 2014
If you have a degree in engineering, this is a good place with room for advancement.
Attention to detail and very policy oriented
Sr. Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company to have worked for
Cons: contract work is sometimes to final.
I always try and meet timetables and guidelines with the minimal amount of errors. My philosophy is IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO DO THE HARD WRITE, RATHER THEN THE EASY WRONG.
I was responsible for maintaing and integrating various milittary equipment back to the warfighter on completed and on time. I was also responsible for ordering and issuing parts needed – more... for my team to completer their mission. Basically Logistics and integration hardware and some software was my profession. – less
System Engineer
System Engr (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: challange
Cons: laid off
Configuration Management, Raytheon Corporation, Florida, 1992 - 2014
Established and maintained consistency of Raytheon work products for performance, functionality and physical attributes using product requirements, design and operational information including versions and updates that have been applied throughout the products life. Involved in product – more... vibration testing and temperature screening. Learned appropriate testing tools utilized in this effort so to become an effective, efficient contributor to this position. Created a 'user friendly' Database using ACCESS to replace ESS log books. Worked on the ‘next generation’ CEC SDP-S terminal. Responsible for evaluating CEC CCAs that comprise the CEC (Cooperative Engagement Capability) terminal. Ensured that CCAs respective VIDs (Vendor Item Drawing) content met CEC requirements. Interfaced with vendors from UK and Canada to discuss flaws that existed in VIDs and assisted on remedies for correction action.

CEP Test Lead
Successfully developed, implemented, and lead CEP (Cooperative Engagement Processor) FQT (Formal Qualification Testing) of then latest upgrade of CEP software. Supervised five Engineer testers whose responsibility was to create and run tests to simulate multiplatform CEP activity and ensure the CEP software was meeting CEP specifications. At conclusion of each test day I conducted a ‘hot wash’ with testers and government witnesses and quality engineers present to discuss the days activities and what testing was to occur the next day.

APEX SME
Involved in the integration (APEX) of various newly acquired businesses (E.G., Hughes, Texas Instruments, Chrysler Defense, E-Systems) into the Raytheon organization. Used SAP business application software as the underlying foundation to achieve a successful integration of these companies into one Raytheon. Worked on a ‘contracts to cash’ team that filtered through existing contracts and customers found in legacy databases and integrated them to obtain a clean, common Raytheon database.

Software Engineer
Responsible for the design and implementation of the SIAP (Single Integrated Air Picture) database used for independent research. Performed Solaris UNIX OS v2.6 and Oracle 9i installation. Designed the Oracle instance and schemas for this research project. Held system administrative duties of both the UNIX Operating System and the Oracle database. Used LabView to exercise the CEC antenna pedestal there.
Designed and developed software routines for a spread-spectrum frequency hopping communications system (CEC). Used ADA programming language to generate embedded software for target multiprocessors in Wind River OS environment. Development environment was Sun UNIX OS. Designed link budget models for a spread-spectrum frequency hopping communications system. Used MS-Excel spread sheet as a link budget tool. Developed spread sheets for various link components (i.e. rcvr, path loss, xmtr, etc.). Created macros to automate and perform 'what if' link analysis. Software developer of exception processing routines for an embedded multiprocessor communications system using C/C++ programming language. Wrote system test requirements. Involved in network engineering testing during field support evaluations. – less
Great company to partnership with
THAAD and Patriot Communications Instructor/Writer (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot of travel if you are not use to it.
Believe in investing in their employees personal and professional goals. Very supportive work culture.
military style
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Jeddah, S02April 11, 2014
average work load.learned military technology.management is overkill/top heavy.co-workers lack technical skills/army recruits.hardest part is being away from home.most enjoyable is learning a new culture.
Really enjoyed the variety of work and people I worked with.
Electronics Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Keyport, WAApril 9, 2014
My days started at 6:30 AM and went to 3:00 PM.

I received certificates of completion annually for safety practices around electronic equipment, how to avoid damage caused by electronic static discharge, safe lifting practices, accurate time recording, and a variety of human resource courses.

My co-workers and shop lead were the kind of people I enjoyed – more... enough to stay in the same shop for 24 years.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work that I did.

The hardest part of the job was being laid off before I was ready to retire. – less
Good people invironment. Not stressfull
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros:
Moderate flexible work hours. I work days and I can come in anytime in the morning usually at 8am. No set time like other employers. As long as I work 8 hours. So the earlier I come in, the earlier in the day I can clock out. Say, I'll come in at 10am, I'll clock out at 6pm. I try my best to come in earlier so that I wont leave work so late.

Cons:

Job – more... security in my situation was a roller coaster ride sort of speak. Funding to keep me employed seems to be in issue when working in Aerospace industry that put me in worry and anguish. There were times of job prosperity for a good couple of years than times of huge lay offs because of funding and I myself being threatened that I was next. – less
Wonderful and interesting place to work.
Consulting Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 7, 2014
I learned a lot about recruiting for a government contracting organization. OFCCP, Compliance, etc.
Rewarding work to further the DoD Mobility efforts
Mobile Computing Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Ft. Meade, MarylandApril 7, 2014
While at DISA I was part of the Mobility team supporting the Lead Systems Engineer for mobility on mobile applications. DISA has been tasked with the designed the Mobile Strategy that would be used by the Department of Defense based on the different Pentagon CIO Memos and initiatives for transforming the existing DoD infrastructure to be mobile enabled.
Some – more... of those strategies included things like Mobile Application Management (MDM), Mobile Application Stores (MAS) as well as processes for how to vet mobile applications and security risks evaluations. – less
Opportunities for stimulating work with good compensation. However, management and leadership issues adversely impact job culture
IT Security Technologist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 6, 2014
Innovative culture with exciting work
Management of personnel resources needs improvement
Unstable career prospects due to company downsizing and declining defense budgets
Great Place
Project Drafter (Former Employee), McKinney, TexasApril 5, 2014
Enjoyed working for Raytheon. Would recommend to anyone. Very solid environment. Very good opportunity.
Manage Systems Programmers, Operations, Security, Production Control
Manager of Technical Services (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: learned about running a department and seeing result for all my staff and customers
Cons: some employees were a challenge to motivate
Busy with coordinating departments, budgets, projects and Customer issues. Very rewarding job our customer was the Department of Education and turned a profit of 14 million annually with Garanteed Student loan, National Student load, and Direct Student load.
Hard yet Rewarding
senior project (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2014
The tasks we were given were challenging and hot topics in the field of RF localization. The time spent with Raytheon helped me prepare for the real-world and see what hard really means.
Difficult working environment
Senior Program Supply Chain Manager (RTSC) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2014
Management needs a real shakeup. People in place who are not capable and do not have enough functional knowledge.
Good Place to advance your Career
Lead Senior ISSO (Current Employee), Woburn, MAApril 1, 2014
Is a great place to work in, good benefits and pay is pretty good. only thing I can say is that managment could listen a lil more to the employees.
Highly Professional Organization
Information Security Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 1, 2014
Raytheon is professional and technical organization which embraces change and a supportive atmosphere.
jobwork/life balance
ESS Burn/In Technician (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 31, 2014
Organized professional with extensive experience as an Electronic Engineering Technician. Highly innovative, self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational, workflow analysis, and problem solving skills. Recognized for ability to communicate across all organizational lines and exceed goals

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly – Read more