Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

The work is challenging and rewarding. You can get a great deal of satisfaction from it.
Asset and Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: The company has a work-life balance policy and management really supports it.
Cons: There are times when there is a hard deadline and work hours are much less flexible.
Raytheon consists of several divisions covering a variety of industries -- many of which are government defense related. I always took great pride in the high quality and technologically advanced products we produced for the military (our end user).
Casual work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 27, 2015
Yearly "bumps" are very minimal compared to some other companies out there. Like some other large companies, HR moves at a glacial pace.

9/80 Schedule is great, however.
Good first line supervisor team.
Academy EnRoute Instructor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule for casual employees.
Cons: Uncertain future of a govt contractor
The first level supervisor are fair and good to work for but company policies beyond their control can be frustrating when problems arise.
I love my current job but I have been in it too long and need a change.
IIS/ Industrial Security Specialist (Current Employee), Springfiel, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: the location is close to home right now.
Cons: no room for advancement. :-(
The most enjoyable part of my current job are the programs that I support and the PMs that I interface with on a day to day basis. However! I have been at this job and location for over 10 years and feel that I need to move on. Ideally, with a new company and new location. I have learned that stagnant water stinks and there are times where we need to move on to grow! I think that time has arrived! :-)
Office full of women
Legal Assistant Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria onsite
Cons: difficult for me due to divorce
I was the new girl in the office. I had a hard time fitting in with the others who had been there for years. I wasn't there for very long before I moved to San Antonio.

I first worked for a group of patent people. Scheduled their presentation times and did the preparation for the presentation such as getting the room set up, making copies for others to review.
Great management and challenging enviroment
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2015
Working at Raytheon has been very challenging and rewarding. The company has served me well for the last 6 years with its very supportive managment and rest of the engineers in my team.
Productive and enjoyable
Team Lead in Chemical Waste Operations (Current Employee), Tucson Az.March 20, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Good fortune 500 company to work at. Worked there for thirty years. Had good managers and support personnel. Leading edge technology company
Great People
Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: constant change, demanding environment that forces growth
Cons: management stuck in the last century, company politics.
A typical day at RMS is not typical, there are no two days alike. The changing duties and constant flow of work makes this place challenging. The people make this environment fun and very comfortable.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that your advancement really centers on your management's view of you and not your abilities. Although it has restructured recently still has a very active "good ole boy club" and if you are not a member, you are stuck.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the diverse teams required to fulfill all of the job requirements. The engineers, program management and finance professionals here are amazing people and brilliant in their own disciplines.
Management expects a lot while giving little
Program Manager, Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: ability to work with some cutting edge technology
Cons: horrible management, unethical business practices, no work life balance
Large defense contractor that is top heavy in management. Some very interesting work. Some nice people. Bureaucracy continues to grow, often to simply justify keeping so many managers. Questionable ethics. Employees are a resource and not a valuable one.
Government Contracts
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: pride
Cons: uncertainty
Worked there for 8 1/2 Years was laid off due to lack of work. With Government contracts the security of your job is not always as safe as you would like for that is why I had to leave. Was a good job as an inspector and enjoyed working there.
Different type of business
Program Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: get to travel to orlando to meet with bosses
Cons: not very structured company. no consistency
Definetely not your average business. People pleasing leaders, #1 goal is money. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is very little supervision
Great group of people and challenging work assignments.
Eastern Range System Analyst (Current Employee), Cape Canaveral AFSMarch 13, 2015
Developed a strong understanding of the Eastern Range systems and operational requirements. Specifically specialized in Communication and Telemetry Systems. Specific assignments include analysis of system performance during launch operations and project integration related to system redesign and upgrades.
This is the best company to work for.
Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, great employee appreciation
Cons: not easy to get hired on
Typical day is just knowing you are going to work for this company, learning about aerospace and defense, caring management, co-workers helpful and great team work, nothing hard about the job, the most enjoyable is having a 10 day holiday.
Good company for the entry level employee
Program/Operations Management and Program Controls (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 8, 2015
Pros: strong stable company
Cons: slow growth
The best part of Raytheon is that the company does take care of the employees. The bad thing about Raytheon is that career progression is slow.
Not a good place to work.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 7, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: work ethic
Raytheon is a company that employees are never sure if they have a job tomorrow or not. Raytheon lays off people thru one door and hires at the same time thru another door.
Raytheon Summary
Senior Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: challenging
Cons: work life balance
Raytheon is a challenging and rewarding place to work. After being with the company I have had the opportunity to work in Aurora, Colorado, Sterling, Virginia, and Australia.
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: retirement benefits
I typical day at work is exciting because of the daily challenges I get to work with peers internal and external customers. I have learn so much in my 9 years with my company. I have gain great experience and have been able to apply what I have learned from aquiring my MBA from college. I work with a vast number of diverse type contracts. I work with a great team in my department. My colleagues and I meet often to work complex issues to minimize delivery slips. The hardest part of my job is not being able to meet with some of my end users to discuss their challenges. I feel that if I were able to discuss challenges with customers from time to time, I could have a better understanding of their needs which would enable me to maximize customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is the autonomy my leadership has empowered on me to do my job.
Working for Raytheon is very rewarding
Security Guard (Current Employee), Sudbury, MAMarch 3, 2015
Working for Raythen is very rewarding, as a security officer you keep the facility and its inhabitants safe. The job pays well and has great benefits.
Best Company I've Worked For
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 2, 2015
The benefits were great. There was many advancements and the pay was competitive. The supervisors were great as was my overall experience.
Fond memories
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 2, 2015
Looking back it was the best workplace I've worked in. Worked on anything and everything on the site if needed. Traveled for the company when requested. The people I worked with covered the spectrum of skills. Every day was new and refreshing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more

Raytheon Salaries