Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,174 reviews matching the search
Great Experience
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2016
I worked at Raytheon for over 4 years and had a great experience. The company provided many learning and growth opportunities. I was promoted twice during my tenure with the company, and my responsibility increased significantly. I felt like my management supported me and provided me with the career mentorship that I was seeking. I felt empowered and respected during my time there.
N/a
Back Room Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 27, 2016
N/A No Comment. Easy work just that schedule is difficult to work with. schedule changes every two months. But employer is a good company
Hard place to work
Supply Chain Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85706September 25, 2016
Coworkers openly and inappropriately discuss and berate thier coworkers: age, orientation , personal information, etc.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
Volitile
Working with management to problem solve on site with little reaction time.
Field Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Typical day allowed for using a large skill set and application of independent thought and action. Learned about maintenance management, shipping, supply, logistics, and management. There were many times that decisions about operations needed to be made at the ground level and management allowed for decisions made by the individual RFE to affect the program and shape the best product support possible.
Pros
Great teamwork, and amazing management.
Cons
Very little direction and structure for every day operations.
Liked this place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSSeptember 22, 2016
Liked working here. Always had something to do. Just wish the pay was somewhat higher but wasn't too bad of a place to work at.
Clean work place
Product Quality Audit / Inspection (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Great work environment. Management could use some training. Hard place to keep contracts. layoffs very often. Good benefits, college reimbursement, 401k, medical and dental.
Great people to work with and made for a great company to work for
Production Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 21, 2016
Start my day with emails and phone calls contacting with my co-workers to see what needed to be done during the day. I would then walk the floor to see how the operators are doing and if there is anything I can do for them. I have meeting throughout the day, which made me better at micro managing my time. I would make my rounds with the other boss's and see how we can better the company throughout the day.
Pros
Co-works are extremely helpful
Cons
I work second shift
Great company to work for
Production Specialist (machinist) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Very clean shop, with new equipment to work with.
workers are all easy to work with
Management always there to assist when needed.
Company has great benefits.
Raytheon Review
System's Engineer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 19, 2016
Raytheon is a great place to work. Many opportunities for advancement in a fast paced and demanding work environment. If you're a hard worker and have a great attitude sky's the limit with this company!
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
Depending or organization, corporate culture can be rugged
DOD Company
Technician Support Specialist N85 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TX 75403September 15, 2016
Learning is encouraged at Raytheon especially in the electrical testing field, management practices and administration, new and innovative electronics, computer sciences, and highly specialized NAVAL equipment.

Hardest part of the job is the schedule of the Government, and potentially the hours required to work.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the care and support that management and upper management play int he advancement of their employees.
Pros
Employment Advancement, Company Benefits
Cons
Work Schedule
Great place and people....just a long drive
Technical Support Engineer II/Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 14, 2016
Took the job, even though I live 75 miles north of Lawton.
Great people and benefits, but too many miles are on my car now. Moving isn't an option yet
Pros
great people
Cons
too far from work
Many demands for same information
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 7, 2016
Most of my typical day was looking for ways to address requests for information. I have a set data pool and would slice it depending on the audience and generate support presentations up and down the leadership chain.
Pros
Very diverse work place
Cons
Sometime I little to big to turn the boat.
No chance for advancement
Material Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2016
Worked there for 12 years and job advancement was based on who you knew and not merit. Management turnover was an issue, and was more to advance to the next step than being a good manager for your people.
A large professional and techical services company prviding support for various federal organizations.
Senior Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 30, 2016
This company instituted best-industry-practices in all aspects of the business development cycle. Senior management was fully supportive and engaged throughout the business development cycle.
Pros
Excellent work environment and professional staff.
Cons
None.
Management Needed Restructure
Enterprise Maintenance Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 28, 2016
Management micro managed its employees and would make the workplace hostile. Job security was great because the turn over rate was so high they could not let anyone go. Pay was very low for what the positions were.
Productive & Professional place to work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2016
Everyone was professional mostly military personnel. Traveled out of the country 80% of the time hardest part. The most enjoyable was the family environment great relationships made.
Contract facility, if there is money in the contract, there is work.
Production Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
The contracts are exciting. The equipment and items you are working on are high valued items. For the most part part people are friendly within the environment. Do not focus or worry about the people who sleep on the job or don't have any work ethic. Those people know somebody and won't ever get in trouble. Leave them alone, and don't try to get them to work. It won't happen. On the upside, having Raytheon and the duties you've performed look great on a resume.
Pros
Exciting job
Cons
Lots of back stabbing, and people around you who don't do anything at all and get away with it.
Good start to a systems engineering career
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 22, 2016
Raytheon is a great company to work for and it showed me the world of Systems Engineering which I enjoy very much. A typical work day is 9 hours with flex time. I have learned a lot about the integration of system of systems and data analysis. My co workers are great and working as a team is easy.
Big Corporation
SEC Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2016
It's about what you'd expect from a big corporation. Managers are very proficient at the global headquarters. k
Pros
9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
Cons
nobody actually goes on a lunch break
Fun workplace
Senior Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2016
Great teams to work with and share ideas. Always motivating there employees to exceed more. They show how to improve your work performance. They reward there employees.
Pros
healthcare