Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search
I really liked working at Raytheon
Member of the Ship Self Defense System Team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I came back to work for Raytheon after a 15 year absence. They remembered me and I wanted to come back. Nuff said!

I got an interim clearance and was hoping to stay but I was told when I started that funding might not come through; and unfortunately it didn't.

I know some people that didn't like it at Raytheon but I am not one of those; I loved it there.
Pros
Love working on military stuff, 9/80 schedule, great people
Cons
Not able to be there now! Working with older technology sometimes.
Good work environment. Advancement possible.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Work days were full with numerous tasks and project to perform. A safe comfortable work environment was provided with adequate tools and equipment to perform the job at hand. Benefits provided were substantial. A good work/life balance was available and compensation was per industry standards.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, co-workers.
Cons
Dependent on federal government contracts that often changed with election cycle.
Raytheon is a good company to work for
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 30, 2016
Raytheon is technically oriented company with several opportunities. Team members are very welcoming and cooperative. Management is understanding and helps the employees in accomplishing their goals.
Material Program Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I held various position at Raytheon; Production Control Manager, Inventory Manager, Incoming Receiving and Inspection Manager, Configuration Management Manager, Shipping and Transportation Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager and Material Program Manager. I worked on several different government programs, B2, C-130, F-15, F-14, F-16, F-18, TOW, Atflir, Trident Missile and designed ERP system output information. I had several training opportunities, EHS, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, World Wide Procurement, Program Management, OSHA Safety, SAP, ROI and Advanced Interactive Leadership.
Pros
Benefits, people and security
Ejoyed trobleshooting the electronis on a daily bases
Electro-Mechanical Assembler - ESSR1722, Raytheon (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Work started at 7:00am Day shift only. I always had several electronic boxes to work on. Each box of 5 types had its on challenges. I worked self paced with little to no supervision.

Management did great by getting and keeping contracts for the company. On the other hand, management would not talk to the employees to get their advice concerning important facts that would save the company money.

Co-works all worked well with each other due to one supervisor. Each of us worked on separate work stations using independent Test Procedures. Interaction would occur during giving or taking advice related to work or troubleshooting techniques.

Employment down sizing started Dec 2015. That's my story.
Pros
The Recreation Committee had many luncheons and parties
Generally good company
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 27, 2016
Compared to other companies in the same industry they seem to be best around. Benefits are good, but wouldn't say they are the best compared to other IT companies. Advancing in cyber technologies and opening opportunities in that area.
Pros
Free Coffee, 401k, flexible hours.
Cons
schedule, deadline pressures and OT required.
Good Benefits
Material Estimating & Cost Analysis - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Company offers good health benefits. Turn over is high due to volatile market and inability to retain talent. Under Democratic President usually major costs due to lack of funding.
Pros
Healthcare
Military contracting warehouse
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 23, 2016
My job entailed loading very sensitive equipment on trailers in accordance with government and Raytheon guidelines. I also posted equipment to our government bonded warehouse and worked with other departments to ensure equipment was properly prepared for transport.
Exciting and challenging place to work.
Material Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2016
My time at Raytheon was a great career experience, Upper management was very helpful and understanding. We all had one clear direction and one goal in mind to provide great customer service.
Pros
Great pay. Great Management
Cons
Not really any cons
great place to work, great benefits
network administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2016
Great job to get into if you like big business (70,000 employees)
Benefits can't be beat, great work / life balance. 9/80 work weeks and great pay
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management was not local on site
An exciting and rewarding place to work.
Tech Support Associate Sr (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 20, 2016
Responsible for the repair of FAA STARS equipment. Served on the Employee Safety Committee and as a First Responder. Job was very rewarding.
Great Company
Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  OverseasJanuary 18, 2016
Raytheon is a great company to work for. May depend on who you work for, but my managers and coworkers have always been top notch.
Very Productive work environment
Tech Support Associate Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Do Quality Assurance for all incoming and outgoing equipment. Days would last anywhere from the 8 hour work day to a 10 hour plus work day. Work on different projects for different country's.
Pros
Great and fun people to work with, something different everyday.
Cons
No room for advancement
Awful
Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJanuary 14, 2016
Raytheon Saudi Arabia , or RAYMES, is a terrible company to work for. Avoid at all costs! Management is inexperienced and two faced. Advancements opportunities are based off friendships , not the ability to perform your job correctly. Work environment is stressful. Compensation is less than should be expected.
Pros
compound living is well maintained and housing is decent
Cons
short breaks, inexperienced management, lack of promotion opportunities, unfair workplace practices.
Fun place to learn a lot
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 12, 2016
This was my first job out of college, this facility was an excellent place to learn how to apply my education to real world design, including shop support on the installations of my designs.
A good company to work for
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 9, 2016
This company offers many opportunities to gain experience and develop your skills. Tons of different job positions available across many areas of interest.
Pros
Big corporation has lots of opportunities
Cons
Big corporation salary advancement is difficult
Great Experience
Senior PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Great place to work. People are willing to help and always have time for the contractors. Flex hours are what flex hours are supposed to be. Simple put it is a great place to work.
Calibration Service Technician
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2015
The culture of the the whole company is great, its pending on your position and what you make of it that counts. There seemed to be a separation of classes like in the military but instead of Enlisted and Officer, its Hourly vs. Salary. Personally I enjoyed being hourly with room to move around in the company.
Pros
Second Shift Pay, Good Time Off, Good People
Cons
110 degree weather by 11 am in the Summer
Great company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2015
Great company and place to build career. Fast paced with ability to work on state of the art technologies. I would recommend anyone to work for Raytheon.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
contract work
Learned the entire cycle of engineering.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MADecember 11, 2015
Was taught the waterfall and scrum engineering cycles. I enjoy the scrum environment more than the waterfall. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the development schedules.
Pros
Very good engineers as peers.
Cons
Difficult to get test time on hardware.