Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,329 reviews matching the search
Less than average Employer
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 21, 2017
I do not wish to participate in providing an opinion in previous employment. I do however wish to use this platform to find suitable employment for self.
Inconsiderate
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2017
Moved from California to Kentucky following them after they asked me to. After working for them for 16 yrars my warehouse manager takes me up to the logistics managers office were HR is on the phone and they are telling me I no longer have a job because I am on an overhead budget. Escorted me out the door to my vehicle telling me sorry WOW.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
inconsiderate
No comment
Spray Painter & Sheet Metal (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 20, 2017
It was a really good company to work for until the layoff which got really ugly for everyone there hourly and salary all together. Other than that my fellow co-workers were very easy to get along but don't get me wrong there is never a perfect work place and we are human after all.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Inexperience management
Great Place to work!
Sr. Systems Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 19, 2017
Raytheon is a Great place to work! They provide great benefits and great compensation! The work is exciting and rewarding. Management is understanding of family!
Payment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville TxMay 17, 2017
Raytheon is a team work and balanced work place, the work is very easy but needs to be on time. I enjoyed working with my co workers and learning new things daily. Relaxing and comfortable environment.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Subculture at the time was strange
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 14, 2017
Raytheon was a decent company but to advance, one needed to know how to play the political game (as with most companies) but this one had a different religious slant to it.
Pros
Cons
Subculture
Great people to work with but no advancement for young employees
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMay 12, 2017
The company is very diverse and tries to promote diversity. The people I work with are very nice (although not extremely talented). There is, however, no career advancements for the younger employees. I work very hard there and only see a 4% raise very year with a bit of stock options. It seems like (at least in my program) that things are going downhill... Less benefits every year. For example, there are really no free lunches and they stopped paying for training. I guess this is not really their fault because of how government contracts work. The work is frankly just not that challenging, mainly because there is a huge dependency on Systems Engineers. It seems like Software Engineers there are "replaceable".

I would advice young guys to stay away but the older folks to apply. This is a very stable company and they don't really fire anyone. They want to keep knowledge and hire internally. If there is no advancement, the young guys are of course gonna jump ship. It's not that hard to figure that out. I don't think they recognize hard work at all. That's not the only thing frustrating but the work is just not challenging enough. No one is really pushing to get work done and that might be because this is a defense contractor. This is great for older guys but terrible for younger guys who want to go somewhere in life. A lot of times, I'm literally begging for work. So, their not pushing to get work done nor do they care how much work you do (at least for the software guys). Like I said, if you have the experience already, this is the perfect job for you. If I had known this
  more... out of college, I probably would not have worked here.  less
Pros
Diverse, no pressure, people are respectful, easy work (software)
Cons
Work not difficult, no advancement for software guys (especially young guys)
Started as Reception in DOD facility was quickly promoted to Security Dept
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAMay 11, 2017
Great company during the era of HUGE DOD budgets of days long gone.

Quick advancement, paid training and great opportunity for increased salary. Too bad Military spending cuts closed the facility and laid off 1200+ workers
Pros
Salary, benefits, advancement, Work/Life balance
Fun work environment
ERGONOMICS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2017
Even though Raytheon is a large company, the people and overall work environment make it seem like a small one. Friendly coworkers and great food. There is always something to do.
Steady work
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  VAMay 11, 2017
While this is considered "contract labor", the work has been pretty steady for years. Office politics are bothersome, but overall it is a nice group of people. It's very difficult to genuinely learn assigned equipment since it is critical and no system downtime is allotted for training. That said, there are people working the site who have been there for years who are still learning. If that doesn't bother you, you'll be content.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Politics, lack of efficient training program which translates to slow advancement
Not process oriented, more tribal knowledge than documentation
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2017
The people I work with are motivated, funny, and show great work ethic. Management tends to overwork these players and have in turn caused a lot of turn over.
Good folks to work with; Leadership lacks vision
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2017
Leadership in the Quality Organization lacks clear vision of where they're going and what they want to accomplish; getting more hung up on making up metrics than innovating Quality processes and better Quality Management and engineering overall.

People working in the organization are supportive and generally back each other up and genuinely care about one another.
Pros
People
Cons
Leadership Vision
great place
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 8, 2017
It was a nice place to work. I had learned a lot in my 9 years of employment. Management was great. Place was clean, Great co workers. Many great workers. Many jobs to get out on demand and quick turn overs,
I was laid off
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
insurance
Not a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 8, 2017
Very disorganized and complete disregard for their employees. You never know what is going on and communication is terrible. They basically count on you not being willing to find another job and stick it too you. There are MUCH better places to work in Louisville that here.
Pros
Cons
Treat employees poorly.
Great
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 7, 2017
Learned All the aspect of electronic troubleshooting. Trouble shoot System Level, Modular Level, Component Level. Raytheon expose me to a big array of electronic systems and units use in DOD Branches.
Materials c
Materials c in SMT crib (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 7, 2017
Worked at Raytheon Andover 35.8 years loved working there , I'd like to go back . Work is interesting , I did many jobs mostly kitting Termination kits , set up , picking , cycle counts , loading and unloading feeders .
Pros
Good work environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Raytheon Aircraft Company. I gained valuable experience there that has helped me to advance my professional career. I would be happy to work there again if I had the opportunity.
Great Company
Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2017
Raytheon as a whole is a very good company to work for and is very innovative in their work. The work that I have experienced is ever changing. We constantly look to improve the way we do things!
Large Open Spaces, Quiet atmosphere,
SAP Data Entry/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2017
I was a contractor for Raytheon, however, they did treat me well. Pay was decent, it was a quiet place to work. Being a contractor I was not privy to workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was keeping coordinated with the other full time employees I worked with on the team I was assigned to. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to show up to work, pop my headphones on and go to work. Downside to being a contractor is being asked to work a lot of overtime to make up for deadlines not being met or work getting backed up. However, being a contractor also excluded me from having to work weekends if I did not want to.
Good compay
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
In general this is a good company with excellent salary comparing with others companies like Raytheon. The culture for a software engineer is not the best but is good.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval