Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,304 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2017
I worked at Raytheon on contract right after my time in the military ended. I think Raytheon is one of the best jobs I've had to date. My supervisor was very understanding and allowed me to come in at times that best fit my schedule due to me being in school as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Pretty Good Job
CALIBRATION, REPAIR TECH. and working Supv. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
A great place to begin a career but after you start making a pretty good wage they let you go. They do not believe in career building. At least you get big company benefits.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Let you go if you start getting paid well.
I enjoyed what I did and the people that surrounded me....
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2017
I was blessed to be able to have had the opportunities that were given to me when employed here. My managers were fair and did what they could to help me succeed....what else could you ask for!
I advanced more in the last five years here, then in the previous 20 at the company I was employed when Raytheon took them over in ...job position, knowledge and experiance.... I would go back in a heart beat, given the oportunity!
Pros
Wealth of knowledge around you, benifits, pay, work enviornment
Slowly moving government contractor
Global Sourcing Lead (SEAC) - Machining (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 25, 2017
Not a company for people that expect change or workplace dynamics. Many different programs moving in different directions, creating fragmented strategies.
Sheetmetal Coordinator of Refurb (Former Employee) –  little rock ar.April 25, 2017
Refurbing and repair of aircraft structures and interiors , learned a lot about structures , managment was good, long hours were the hardest , watching the customers faces when they saw the finished product.
Pros
fun job
High Tech to the Max
Mgr III, Engineering (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 24, 2017
Talented coworkers and experienced well - qualified management. Depth to product lines and programs. This is a dream environment to put the best of your high tech training to work.

Typical day evaluate next stage complex design and/or contribute technically.
Pros
Awesome quality of coworkers
Cons
Deadlines are Deadlines
Culture is losing to Bureaucracy
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 24, 2017
People are motivated, professional, and friendly.

We were a family environment until Raytheon policy became less welcoming and more about the bottom line.
Great Enviornment
Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 23, 2017
Raytheon is a great place to work! Safety is #1 to all who enter and work on the properties!

I get to meet people from around the world at many levels of authority and political standing.
Pros
Security forward, safety first
Cons
Hard to get ahead and promoted
Relaxed Work Environment, Low Pay
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  MDApril 22, 2017
A pleasant place to work with some interesting problems to solve, but in the bureaucratic machine you will start to feel like unskilled labor. They struggle to retain good employees by offering no incentives and no clear paths toward advancement. Do not be surprised when you are performing duties 2 and 3 levels beyond your title and getting zero recognition or compensation for it.

However, I think Raytheon knows exactly what they are doing and they truly do not want great engineers, they want mediocre engineers. Mediocre engineers are good enough for Raytheon's products and they are cheaper.
Pros
Relaxed work hours
Cons
Low pay
Raytheon Property Analyst
PROPERTY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2017
Raytheon Missile Systems was a fabulous place to work. I was able to work with a large team of excellent professionals in order to provide reliable munitions to our troops.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Government Work
A lot of great people, but better for individuals early in their careers.
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 19, 2017
Raytheon has a lot of great people, but there seems to be a talent gap. They have a lot of people that have been there forever, and a lot of people who just graduated from undergrad. The people that are coming out of undergrad do alright because they are promoted quickly to about Sr. Eng. I, but then their careers seem to stagnate or they move on: hence the gap.

What is worse is that a lot of great, experienced talent is brought in, but then not allowed to go anywhere. I have met several people that have decades of experience that are brought in to work at the same level, or even bellow, the kids that just graduated from college. Needless to say, they don't stick around very long.
Pros
A lot of great people.
Cons
They do not know how to recruit or retain talent. Little growth beyond Sr. Eng. I.
Dallas
Front End Release Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
The job was stressful when working with someone who always complaint about the work load or the time that was taken to do the job on a daily basic. Not recommended.
Great place to expand your career
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
The great thing I liked about this company is that you were able to learn more then just what you were contracted for. There was always a new technology to learn and more then one way to grow.
good company
Field Engineer/Instructor, Patriot Missile System (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaApril 18, 2017
the only downside to working for Raytheon was the living overseas part. job was easy and steady. great work schedule and good pay. got to run my own training program.
Defense projects
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 17, 2017
Typical Aerospace and Defense environment. Very process oriented. Slower paced projects.

Work life balance was good, did not have to take job home with you.
Pros
Cafeteria, 9/80 work schedule
Cons
large scale management structure
Awesome experience
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Pole,, AntarcticaApril 17, 2017
The work was difficult in such austere conditions, but when you're at the South Pole that's to be expected.... and sort of the point! Wonderful people who all really care about the project.
Pros
It's the South Pole!!!
Cons
Really Cold; Pay not great
It is what you make of it
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 16, 2017
It's a huge company so people can have a very diverse set of experiences depending on where they end up. I know people who did nothing there, and I know people who worked their butts off.
Great Benefits
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  VAApril 14, 2017
One of the best companies with Benefits. The company is praised by their customers. The full time employees love to come to work. This company pays well.
great place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 13, 2017
excellent benefits and job opportunities, diverse people who make it a blessing to work daily on the job. ON the job training allows you to perform duties to the fullest potential.
Stagnant work environment
Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 12, 2017
This company was a decent place to work because the day in and day out was consistent and organized. It was a bit boring however and lacked engaging tasks for me to feel a part of the work I was doing
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Not engaging enoguh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.