Raytheon
1,016 reviews

Raytheon Employee Reviews

A good Defense contractor to work for.
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2015
A good defense contractor to work for. The Raytheon Company is a major American defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. It was previously involved in corporate and special-mission aircraft until early 2007. Raytheon is the world's largest producer of guided missiles.
Contrator
Principal (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 29, 2015
Company tries its best to protect its employees and their jobs but such is the life of a contractor.....hard to keep a job in this environment.
Really a fun fast paced place to work.
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Forest, MSJuly 27, 2015
When a work order was received from the planning department, I was to order the materials and hardware needed to complete the job. Issue kits to the manufacturing floor to be built on schedule. Secure shipment for completed parts.
Contract Position
Sr. Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Centennial, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: No benefits
Cons: Great experience
Great experience working with the United States Antarctic Program. Worked with the directors on the ice (Palmer/South Pole) Stations with administrative support.
Productive and fun place to work as the people are friendly
Alternate SSO, Administrative II (Current Employee), Fort HuachucaJuly 27, 2015
This is the place to be for career progression. The benefits are awesome as well as the people. I would never leave a company that will be here for years to come.
lots of fun
Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer (Current Employee), here in this townJuly 26, 2015
Pros: more fun
Cons: need more fun
we have fun, loads of fun, it's crazy how much fun we have, we have fun, loads of fun, it's crazy how much fun we have, we have fun, loads of fun, it's crazy how much fun we have, we have fun, loads of fun, it's crazy how much fun we have
I enjoyed working for Raytheon but it was short due to layoff.
Packaging Engineer in Missile Systems Divisions (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJuly 26, 2015
I met several nice people while working at Raytheon. They had 4 Packaging Engineers in the Industrial Engineering department. The manager gave us duties which played to our strengths and everyone excelled in their jobs. I wanted to stay in the area, because I liked the small town of Bristol, TN. but like all aerospace companies it all depends on government contracts. Since I was the last hired, I was the first to be let go. Fortunately, that gave me the opportunity to be hired by Eastman Chemical Co., which was in Kingsport, TN.
Solid company to work for
Sr. Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Greenville, TXJuly 26, 2015
I have worked for Raytheon for several years in the past. They are a large, recognized DoD contract company that provides many opportunities world wide.
Good work environment with challenging jobs.
Micro electronic assembler (Former Employee), Andover, MaJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benifits
Cons: Stuck in a closed area having to wear a mask and gown and hat.
Wire bond manually or with auto bonding robot. Rework defective units. Die attach components on the robot machine. Weld ribbon machine. Gold wire wedge bond to components.
A great company to work for, coworkers and management are great individuals, atmospher is safe and enjoyable.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay, good people safe atmospher oustanding supervision
Cons: hard to cool down the warehouse but what warehouse have airconditioning, I've never worked in one
Really enjoyed my work and job at Raytheon, my coworkers were fun to work with and supervision were respectful and easy to work for.
Typical day at work included working per scheduling of builds that were needed per week.
Factory Support (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 22, 2015
VERY schedule oriented company. Not much room for advancement. Employees at this facility are mostly women. There are quarterly awards for leadership, Environmental Health and Safety, Security and Leadership which is a plus. Management is "so so", depends on who your supervisor is. There are some EXCELLENT supervisors on staff and there are some that aren't so great. I did love working for this company and enjoyed my coworkers very much. They all rock! I do believe there needs to be a change in some management positions.
Good Company
Satellite Broadcast Manager (SBM) Systems Tech (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2015
This company was good! They have lot of opportunity for you to grow and expand in! Great for fresh out of college grads!!!
Great Defense Contractor
Office Manager/Admin Asst. II (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2015
The position I hold with this company is a contract position but overall it was a great experience and one I would repeat if given the opportunity. I made a lot of friends and professional references who I feel I can reach out to in the future.
Strong Defense Company with Great Interest in Employee Development
Business Mgr & Major Subcontractor Business Mgr (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Knowing I work for a company that is committted to bringing the best to the war fighter
Cons: Layers of Management
Raytheon has a great focus on hiring the best of the best. My day is never boring but is fast paced and filled with daily challenges and demands.

I belong to a few employee resource groups who are a key part of my network. I work with many talented people of all ages, all races, all ethnicities, and educational backgrounds.

The most challenging part of my job is learning how to remain competitive with a shrinking defense budget.

The most rewarding part of my job are working with intelligent and forward thinking innovators and becoming part of and contributing to global business growth.
Great team to work with. Very dynamic and challenging lab workplace.
Eng Support Specialist (Former Employee), Andover, MAJuly 20, 2015
Great experience and outstanding lab crew members. Very professional workplace in R&D lab with challenging,varied tasks. Not a day going to work that I did not want to be there
Very pleasurable work environment
Assistant Plans and Operations Officer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Awesome environement
Cons: No gaurentee for job
Worked very well with staff and management. Worked cohesively with staff to complete day to day tasks.Organization provided numerous opportunities for professional developement
Defense Contractor with different experience oportunities
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 14, 2015
As an Administrative Assistant & Supply Chain Specialist for the Supply Chain close-out team, I assist in supporting a large volume of subcontracts closeouts. My duties include but are not solely limited to preparing and distributing formal closeout requests, documentation and forms to the affected subcontractors. Follow up with non- responsive Subcontractors to facilitate speedy closeouts. Review and reconcile Subcontractors final invoice cost to actual amounts paid. Research Subcontractor issues and questions in order that a proper response can be prepared and provided in a timely manner. Prepare and maintain subcontracts closeout spreadsheets, tracking the various subcontract closeout actions for each prime contract delivery order that each particular subcontract supported. Support the reconciliation of payments with Finance to insure that the cost paid to the Subcontractor match the cost billed to the government. Coordinate and support Subcontractor closeouts requirements as necessary with the closeout team members such as Contract Administrator, Program Manager, Security, Patent Office, Finance, Business Analyst, Payment Office, Property and Legal Department. Ensure the subcontracts closeout check list is maintained and all the formal closeouts documentation is filed with the official subcontract. Review the Subcontractors close out documentation to insure that all requirements are completed for each subcontract.
Raytheon provided opportunities for honest and challenging work.
Systems Engineer, Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 13, 2015
A variety of work was occasionally available, although there were times when schedules dictated. Management was generally good, although there were instances of promotion/demotion without adequate justification or consideration of circumstances. My co-workers were generally honest, hard-working, helpful, and friendly. Raytheon generally provided excellent technical solutions, but failed to foster esprit de corps as a company. Salaries were a bit low. Raytheon suffered periods of inability to match the job load with the available bodies; this resulted in undue emotional trauma in hire/layoff cycles. Professional development was an individual responsibility, and some avenues of company-sponsored professional development were restricted.
Okay company
Depot-Production Expediting Associate (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJuly 10, 2015
When I first started there I was told it would be easy for me to move up with in the company. But, once I start taking my career in my on hands and applying for jobs with in the company. My supervisor at the time would not let me go. Sayjing we are short handed and he could not afford to lose a hard work.
Good place to work with good benefits.
Senior Production Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good place to work.
Cons: No job security.
The best productive empoyees and good place to work.Management on the other hand is not good,killing the company,slowelybut surely.

1 2 3 4 5

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more

Raytheon Salaries