Raytheon Employee Reviews

typical work day
Intermediate Signals Analyst Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 15, 2017
the work day was anywhere between 8 to 10 hours depending on how the students were learning. most enjoyable part of the job was the students graduate.
Pros
students graduating
Cons
all of the extra stuff
Old Boys Network
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 12, 2017
Very few options for advancement unless you are an engineer. As an executive assistant, room to grow or move within the company are scarce. Pay for non-exempt employees is rather low.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Benefits keep getting more expensive for the employees.
Professional Organization with great leadership.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaOctober 11, 2017
Professional Organization with great leadership and great vision. Company that bonds with the customers and works hard to please them. Treats employees very well.
Greatest workplace in the world
Controller (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 6, 2017
I love everything about Raytheon! Everyone is friendly and intelligent and the compensation and benefits are very good. I love what I do and how everyone is treated. There are quite a few meetings but that helps everyone over the job functions communicate and collaborate. By far the best workplace culture I've ever encountered.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, lots of paid time off
Cons
can't think of even one!
Horrible company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 6, 2017
Horrible company. They dont treat the employees fair. I work all day yet get no respect. I would never work here again and my coworkers think the same.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 5, 2017
It was a great learning experience. I had the opportunity to learn from some of the greatest minds in manufacturing management. The style of leadership was demanding but I learned a great deal from the environment. The teamwork and camaraderie were the best part.
Pros
The friendships
Cons
The long aisle, it's almost 1 mile long. lol.
Okay place to start, horrible place to stay
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 5, 2017
Okay place to start out your career. Career advancement really depends on what role and department you manage to start with. If you start at the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong role, no matter how hard you work, if you don't have "visibility" advancing will be nothing short of a miracle.The red tape you have to go through is ridiculous. It's one thing to adhere to government regulations, it's another to add unnecessary BS on top of that just to pat yourself on the back and say "look what we're doing". Most of the people I've worked with have been good. The managers tend to be horrible.
Cons
Work-life balance sometimes ignored, Poor middle management, Some programs have little to no visibility which affects career advancement, Tech isn't as advanced as they'd like you to believe
Very Beneficial Internship
EHSS Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 4, 2017
My manager gave me a real project to complete
Manager and coworkers were very helpful and friendly
Everyone I encountered treated me with respect
Work Schedule was great, giving you every other Friday off
Gave me great experience with collaboration and teamwork in a corporate setting
Pros
Work Schedule, Friendly/Helpful Colleagues
Cons
Bureaucracy
Long Hours and 24/7 availability required
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 4, 2017
The job was fun, but having to work long hours and low pay along with having to be available 24/7 was too much. Long days and weekends. The responsibility was not equal to pay
Pros
Job was challenging
Cons
Salary
Great Company
Environmental Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2017
Raytheon is a LARGE company, and as such, they have a set culture, and it is easy to be pigeon holed into one small area of interest. Which is great if you love that, but I personally like working at a small company, where one can wear many hats.
Very Good Company
Project Leader (Telecommunication) (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 3, 2017
The work environment was good and the management was good as well. I learned a great deal about management and leadership while employed there. I would love to rejoin this company if the opportunity arises.
Great Company
Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 2, 2017
Great company to work for, however, if you work for a small site there is little room for advancement.
Management is supportive of work life balance and telecommuning when possible.
Great place to work and grow
Materials Engineer and Engineering Fellow (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Lexington and Marlborough , MassachusettsOctober 2, 2017
I recently retired from Raytheon after a productive 33 year career. I worked in One of Raytheon's materials engineering functions for my entire career. I managed a materials engineering group for about three years and then functioned as an individual contributor for the remainder of my career. Raytheon is a wonderful place to work and hard work is rewarded.
Pros
Exposure to cutting edge technology.
Cons
None.
Company valued employees as a asset and appreciated
IT Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 2, 2017
Daily morning status meeting of open items and issues.
Assignments prioritized daily.
Team environment where other were available for help.
Team orientated where all hands on deck occur during critical time.
Productive Workplace
PLAN PRODUCTION CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 2, 2017
Raytheon is a great company to work for. If you are looking for something to challenge your day to day career, then Raytheon is definitely the place fro you to be.
An overall good place to work
Technical Director (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 2, 2017
At Raytheon, if you're a hard worker and you're organized, you'll never be without a job. This is the same at any company. If you're willing to put in extra time, you'll have success.
The "Yell at and Fire" culture is not for everyone...
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2017
Raytheon Missile Systems pays well but Tucson is a poor and run down city with lots of crime and four months out of the year well above 100 degrees. Work is slow paced and low quality...
Pros
High pay.
Cons
Poor management. Lack of respect for others.
The project I worked on is/was fabulous.
Principal Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dulles VASeptember 29, 2017
I worked on a long term contract for a particular customer. The working environment is top notch. This is a collaborative, team approach environment. The rest is company confidential.
Pros
The work being accomplished.
Cons
For me, the commute.
Missile lunch cooler
Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2017
• Tear down and overhaul and assembly of water coolants systems for Americas Aircraft Carriers missile launchers and missile directors in addition to providing parts, hardware and seals to the fleet.
Pros
The pay
Cons
slow work
Working at Raytheon
RF Technician (Former Employee) –  GreenlandSeptember 27, 2017
Raytheon Technical Services is where I worked. It was contract work in a very remote location. 12 hours a day 7 days a week for three months then a month off. Pay and benefits good. They care for their employees and are very professional.
Pros
Very Good Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.