Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,335 reviews matching the search
Great
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 7, 2017
Learned All the aspect of electronic troubleshooting. Trouble shoot System Level, Modular Level, Component Level. Raytheon expose me to a big array of electronic systems and units use in DOD Branches.
Materials c
Materials c in SMT crib (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 7, 2017
Worked at Raytheon Andover 35.8 years loved working there , I'd like to go back . Work is interesting , I did many jobs mostly kitting Termination kits , set up , picking , cycle counts , loading and unloading feeders .
Pros
Good work environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Raytheon Aircraft Company. I gained valuable experience there that has helped me to advance my professional career. I would be happy to work there again if I had the opportunity.
Great Company
Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2017
Raytheon as a whole is a very good company to work for and is very innovative in their work. The work that I have experienced is ever changing. We constantly look to improve the way we do things!
Large Open Spaces, Quiet atmosphere,
SAP Data Entry/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2017
I was a contractor for Raytheon, however, they did treat me well. Pay was decent, it was a quiet place to work. Being a contractor I was not privy to workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was keeping coordinated with the other full time employees I worked with on the team I was assigned to. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to show up to work, pop my headphones on and go to work. Downside to being a contractor is being asked to work a lot of overtime to make up for deadlines not being met or work getting backed up. However, being a contractor also excluded me from having to work weekends if I did not want to.
Good compay
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
In general this is a good company with excellent salary comparing with others companies like Raytheon. The culture for a software engineer is not the best but is good.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Many good and intelligent people to work with across multiple functions
Senior Project Manager /Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 2, 2017
Overall, a good company to work for if you're a solid employee. Many good and hard working people who produce quality products for our war fighters.

Raytheon has many layers of management, which can make this cumbersome at times, however much of the structure is due to government rules & policies, therefore having the right people in place requires layers of oversight / management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of training and grooming employees for furthering their careers
Clearance required
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaMay 2, 2017
Rotating shift work. Production environment with "assembly line" type equipment. Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance for the job. Required to adhere to specific procedures.
Very respectful team oriented culture
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMay 2, 2017
Employees share knowledge and provide assist with getting projects completed on time.
Very team oriented culture.
Employees are encouraged to manage their own careers through the companies online internal resources.
Pros
Working as part of a team
Cons
Work-life balance is more challenging at higher grade levels
Excellent Company
Principal QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 1, 2017
Raytheon provides a well rounded and growth oriented environment with a focus on training and professional development. They adhere to and fold into the culture of the company an element of excellence and customer satisfaction that is evident in all business dealings.
Pros
Flexibility at times
Cons
Depending on contracts coming due the pace and people are very nice.
Principal Logistics Specialists (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
Good people, hard to fit into at first. Some very good people working here. There are a lot of places to transfer within the company and travel is limited for most.
Productive and fast paced
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2017
I worked at Raytheon on contract right after my time in the military ended. I think Raytheon is one of the best jobs I've had to date. My supervisor was very understanding and allowed me to come in at times that best fit my schedule due to me being in school as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Pretty Good Job
CALIBRATION, REPAIR TECH. and working Supv. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
A great place to begin a career but after you start making a pretty good wage they let you go. They do not believe in career building. At least you get big company benefits.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Let you go if you start getting paid well.
I enjoyed what I did and the people that surrounded me....
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2017
I was blessed to be able to have had the opportunities that were given to me when employed here. My managers were fair and did what they could to help me succeed....what else could you ask for!
I advanced more in the last five years here, then in the previous 20 at the company I was employed when Raytheon took them over in ...job position, knowledge and experiance.... I would go back in a heart beat, given the oportunity!
Pros
Wealth of knowledge around you, benifits, pay, work enviornment
Slowly moving government contractor
Global Sourcing Lead (SEAC) - Machining (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 25, 2017
Not a company for people that expect change or workplace dynamics. Many different programs moving in different directions, creating fragmented strategies.
Sheetmetal Coordinator of Refurb (Former Employee) –  little rock ar.April 25, 2017
Refurbing and repair of aircraft structures and interiors , learned a lot about structures , managment was good, long hours were the hardest , watching the customers faces when they saw the finished product.
Pros
fun job
High Tech to the Max
Mgr III, Engineering (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 24, 2017
Talented coworkers and experienced well - qualified management. Depth to product lines and programs. This is a dream environment to put the best of your high tech training to work.

Typical day evaluate next stage complex design and/or contribute technically.
Pros
Awesome quality of coworkers
Cons
Deadlines are Deadlines
Culture is losing to Bureaucracy
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 24, 2017
People are motivated, professional, and friendly.

We were a family environment until Raytheon policy became less welcoming and more about the bottom line.
Great Enviornment
Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 23, 2017
Raytheon is a great place to work! Safety is #1 to all who enter and work on the properties!

I get to meet people from around the world at many levels of authority and political standing.
Pros
Security forward, safety first
Cons
Hard to get ahead and promoted
Relaxed Work Environment, Low Pay
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  MDApril 22, 2017
A pleasant place to work with some interesting problems to solve, but in the bureaucratic machine you will start to feel like unskilled labor. They struggle to retain good employees by offering no incentives and no clear paths toward advancement. Do not be surprised when you are performing duties 2 and 3 levels beyond your title and getting zero recognition or compensation for it.

However, I think Raytheon knows exactly what they are doing and they truly do not want great engineers, they want mediocre engineers. Mediocre engineers are good enough for Raytheon's products and they are cheaper.
Pros
Relaxed work hours
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.