Raytheon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,146 reviews matching the search
Interesting workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2016
A typical day at work is maintenance on the Patriot Radar, admin. duties and radar operation. I have learned much about IF and RF systems in my time with Raytheon. Management treats us well, however, I feel they are growing apart from the needs of individuals. The hardest part of my job would have to be traveling for 3-6 week periods and being away from family. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the work I am doing is making our systems better for our war fighters.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
Long drive, non-competitive pay for work
Cool place to work.
Tech Support Associate Sr (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 3, 2016
I've met a lot of people from all over the US. I've learned a lot about different cultures. My co-workers are a good group of guys in and out of work. Management is easy to talk to. I appreciate being able to get out of work early and spending time with my wife and kids.
Pros
early work hours
Cons
Raytheon is the picket fence suburbia of jobs. If you want the city this isnt for you.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDJune 3, 2016
The people at Solipsys in particular were some of the most warm and relaxed people, as well as intelligent ive met. The average age of employees there is probably 30-40 years old and always willing to talk to you about work or just life.

The largest benefit of working for this company would probably be its flexible hours (you can work w/e hours you want as long as you perform you job and fulfill 40 hours a week). Further, working from home was a great benefit as I would often stay at home and work if i was feeling sick, or had errands to run like waiting for the cable man to come.

The largest negativity to this company is that they are government contractors. If you dont know what kind of environment this presents, it basically forces work to be done in very slow fashion, and "using all the budget". Further the company seems very hard to move in in terms of promotions based solely on merit, it seems to be mostly just experience/time spent there that matters. Finally, because this company is not forced to work in a more fast pace environment i had knew many employees who performed extremely bad at their job, but they would not be fired because they did not break any rules and would get their job done eventually.

All in all, this is a great job for a middle aged person with a family or someone just starting out. But if you are a 20 something with a decent amount of experience who wants to build lots of cool stuff and work in a fast paced/challenging environment i would suggest another company.
Pros
Extremely flexible hours, work from home, relaxed slow pace environment
Cons
Government work.
Great Company
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2016
Raytheon is a fantastic company. It separates itself from other with work life balance and inclusive culture. A truly great work environment.
Raytheon
SR. PC Client/Server Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 29, 2016
Good company to work for. Many opportunities with young people with college degrees.
Graduate program is an excellent way to gain enough knowledge to apply for other opportunities at other companies for greater pay.
Nothing wrong with Raytheon , they should hire back tetirees part time !!!!
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 28, 2016
Loved working there for 36 years . Wish they would hire back retirees for certain amount of time , loved materials c , I did a great job for Raytheon.
Pros
Loved the people
Cons
Productive enviroment, with the opportunity to train soldiers
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 25, 2016
Most days at Raytheon included coming in to the office and preparing lessons for the instructors to use while on conduct. this included preparing instructor and student materials. I learned to format word documents according to specific rules and to formulate articulate wording in those lessons. The hardest part about creating these lessons when your lesson is sent back for having a comma out of pace, but the best part is traveling to the various posts to train new soldiers on the same equipment I used for 18 years.
Pros
the work day ended at 1530
Cons
non paid lunches
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2016
I loved working at Raytheon. Plenty of opportunities to excel and learn more. Pay was good. I liked the management, they treated people fairly. Very talented individuals worked there. They are a very diverse company.
Pros
Pay
contract work
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 23, 2016
contract work is ending need to find a new job asap. there is no advancement and need to provide for my family
Active secret security clearance
IT Support
Senior PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2016
• Supported Microsoft Windows on both the server and workstation platforms. Duties included Troubleshooting end user problems, server problems and setting up and demoting Windows domains.
• Supported Citrix server and managed user profiles and applications
• Active Directory implantation and administration
• Exchange administration and support
• Blackberry Enterprise configuration and administration
• Virtualized servers using VMware and provided VMware training to helpdesk
• Maintained and supported network backup solution using Barracuda, Yosemite and Backup Exec
• Close end-user interaction supporting any and all technical issues
Pros
massive company
Cons
dissolved our it at that location
Spent my entire carrer there
Retired as a Section Head (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 20, 2016
Hughes Aircraft was purchased by Raytheon all together I spent 32 years with the company. Did many different engineering tasks. Lot's of opportunity to try different technical paths. Had a great carrier there for 32 years.
Pros
Opportunity to do many different engineering tasks. Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Worked many weekends and holidays.
Work hard, play hard
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 19, 2016
Lots of work to be done. Management is pretty good and has your back. People are willing to work hard and are generally good team players.
Horrible Management, Unstable guarantee of employment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chaparral, NMMay 18, 2016
In the 2 years I was there I witnessed 2 lay offs. Also management was horrible. Too much favoritism. The position was easy to learn. Unfortunately this is an environment that regardless of you doing your job and more, if you aren't one of the boss' buddies, progress is not an option. Easy work environment and the ability to work independently as well as a team.
Pros
Calm working environment. Easy to learn job.
Cons
High price healthcare, bad management.
Very productive workplace
FTI/INCO Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2016
Great camraderie, too much away from my family. Good co-workers, very helpful supervisors. Great healthcare benifits, no promotion possibilities/contract work.
Pros
Very helpful Network Ops Centre
Cons
long hours, too much travel
Training Air Traffic Controllers
ATCOTS Certified Instructor II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 11, 2016
Air Traffic Control is a constant change. Rules and lesson plan have to be updated to reflect the changes. The lesson plans could be in the classroom or in the AT Coach Lab.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Each minute of the day had to be accounted
Smart People, Probably Most Technically Literate Company in Defense.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 9, 2016
Work environment is casual. Come in when you want: just make sure you finish your work.

I learned a ton. They really trust you to be able to do the work. And there's good and bad to that: you have an amazing opportunity to grow, impress and learn but you may stumble and fail.

Management is variable but overall, I haven't heard anyone complain immensely. No micromanagement or abusive behavior.

Co-workers are engineers in the most traditional sense. You're amongst your own kind.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the unsexiness of the defense industry. Another other complaints comes with any software job: boring bug tracking tasks, etc.

Most enjoyable is the flexibility and the freedom to prove your knowledge/intellect.

Pay is average.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, great benefits.
Cons
Unsexy, will not make you rich.
Raytheon is Purging Itself of Older Workers
Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 9, 2016
I was laid off after many years of excellent performance and great reviews. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth. The company is trying very hard to become younger and lower paying.
Cons
Discriminates based on age
Great company to work for
District Manager ACDelco Northeast region (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 7, 2016
The ability to set our own schedules and to assist customers. They go beyond when it comes to employees. The training i recieved was top notch.
Pros
Great friendly co workers
Cons
NONE
The best place I've ever worked at
Electronic Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 2, 2016
Smart, dedicated, and helpful co workers. Excellent benefits and excellent work environment (comfortable chairs, AC), state of the art equipment.
Busy Work Environment
Product Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 28, 2016
Products provide a very unique production environment that allows one to engage and feel accomplished. The technology at Raytheon offers the ability to enhance your skill set and create a sense of pride when accomplished