Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,303 reviews matching the search
Excellent employer with good benefits
Test Engineering Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 21, 2017
Corporation provides excellent development potential for all of its' contributors without impacting overall productivity. The workforce is the most qualified in the world and can stimulate you to achieve all of your objectives.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, good interdisciplinary work
Cons
Interface with defense agencies is a little tough on projects and schedules.
Systems Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 20, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyed working with management as they recognize the staff and the knowledge that is vested. Somewhat limited on career growth at specific site.
Engineers Are Not Important
Sr. Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2017
It may only be in the program I work in, so take this with a grain of salt. But I noticed all of the organizations outside of Engineering are valued much higher than Engineers. It has made working here unenjoyable as I have slowly learned their caste system.
Pros
Starting salary was decent, although lower than what my number of years should reflect.
Cons
When you are hired, you may be placed in a desk across the campus from your team, and they will expect you to squat in a corner for up to a year, then you may get a desk given to you near your temamates.
Challenging place to work.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 18, 2017
Worked as a testman on the hawk missle system. The work was very precise as no mistakes could be made. I worked on the magnetron tube which because of its capability to work at very high frequencies.
Pros
MUCH LESS TENSION.
Cons
LAYOFFS
A lot of female supervisors, who are clerical, not field engineers.
Sr Engineer. (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 18, 2017
When my supervisor found out that I was a Senior level 6 engineer, she said, " I could hire two people for what we pay you" ? Obviously, I was being compensated at a higher rate than she was. Watch out for this type of boss.
Pros
Freedom to accept responsibility for your own merits
Cons
Some supervisors that were hired for their Clerical skills, not talent.
Good Place to Work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 18, 2017
A relax atmosphere and people are willing to help each other. I was able to learn new techical items each year. The managers are there to support you. Sometimes the hours can be demanding and depending on where you work.
Pros
Learn new techincal items
Cons
Hours can be demanding
Amazing place that balances work and life!
Senior Technical Support Engineer I (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 16, 2017
Raytheon is an amazing place to work as not one day is the same and everyone acts professional at all times. Balance between work and life is continuously promoted and expressed.
Pros
Level of professional people
Cons
Traffic to get to work
Hard charging culture. Proven product to protect the warfighter.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 16, 2017
Glad to have worked there during the mid -2000's. Very strong finance culture. Good mix of young and old workers. I would recommend to anyone who can stomach the hours.
Pros
Stock price speaks for itself.
Cons
Annual Lean Project requirement
Offers travel and experience
Senior Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 16, 2017
Job was well suited to my experience in the military and was able to gain knowledge of foreign military sales an communicating with customers from different cultures. Also offered an opportunity for travel.
Pros
Working in a field I enjoyed
Cons
Lack of direction or guidance as a new employee
Oldschool
Subcontract Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2017
Raytheon was a great experience and has excellent benefits. However there was a huge age gap and the culture leaves a lot to be desired. My female coworkers had a much harder time with the culture than I did because of the existing demographic and slowness to adapt.

That being said I suspect in a few years there'll be a lot of turnover and hopefully some room for innovation at that time.

Management was hit or miss in my experience. I had great managers and aloof managers while there.

I definitely left the company with a respect for it and would return if I found an exciting opportunity.
Pros
good healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
age gap, hesitation toward change
Productive Warehouse Facility
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 15, 2017
Good place to work, just looking for a new High pace Company to start working towards future goals in the travel and customer service industries respectively.
Very capable company with many opportunities
Director of Program Operations (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 13, 2017
A very large defense company offers nearly endless opportunities to the person who is personally motivated. They have the breadth of technologies, locations and positions available to spend an entire career in one company.
Great place for Engineers - not for Business Support roles
Business Manager & Program Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 12, 2017
This location of Raytheon has the potential to be a great company for non-engineers. The problem is that you have "lifer" employees who are put in management due to their longevity with the company and not due to any leadership qualities. This seriously squashes any incentive by team members to float new ideas and innovation from the business support roles as the only idea that is embraced is the status quo. A lot of negative feedback and not much in the way of encouragement or empowerment, which is very much command and control style of management. All of the participatory monetary incentives for lower levels (below manager level) achieving goals have been removed.
Pros
free coffee, campus has a gym, cafeteria
Cons
old guard managers, fails to embrace any current perks of more progressive companies
Productive work place with picnic, potluck, reward free lunches
Supply Chain Associate Senior (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 11, 2017
Had only short a period of years at this company but so much to learn and learned additional some experience with each individual character and work place experience
Pros
Free lunches meeting when bossies visitig form Seattle
Cons
Short break coffee with benefits
very nice place to work
Sr Tech Support Engineer/THAAD Instructor II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 9, 2017
Very nice place to work. The folks there are friendly and always lend a helping hand. Growth oriented atmosphere. Always ready to spread knowledge. Always specify promotions and diversifying ones self.
Pros
Very nice place to work and excell
Cons
any problems would be the same as other companies.
avoid this company like cancer
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 9, 2017
HR and management is incompetent. I appled and was hired for one position, waited 4 months for my clearance, then was placed in a totally unrelated position. HR screwed up the offer process and the start date.
Pros
new facility
Cons
everything else
It's just okay where i am
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  MAMarch 7, 2017
Honestly this is not a great place for young folk looking for something exciting. This is a place where a lot of folks close to retirement go. Steady paycheck and nothing else.
Love this place
Lead custodian (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2017
Raytheon is the best best place to start your life out at I worked there for 4 years they gave me a chance to for improvement classes to take moving up and Industry the opportunities you here or endless the benefits are great the union one of the best that I've ever been involved in if I could ever return to Raytheon that would be a dream come true thank you Raytheon for the experience that I've went through and the knowledge that I've learned you've taught me how to be a great employee
Career enhancing position
Senior Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMarch 6, 2017
Rewarding position helping train and develop soldiers with their trade craft. Position helped further my own skills by being able to instruct and develop enhance training techniques.
Fast paced a lot of travel
Senior Cyber Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed going to customer sites to perform work to get out of the office and meet new people. I was always able to continue my education with the support of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval