Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews

Loved doing want I did
electronic technician (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Ate lunch on time everyday
Cons: Management for the most part
While at Raytheon I was able to move up the ladder there. I was a pyrotechnic technician and electronic technician. I started from the bottom and rose to the top becoming one of the supervisor their. I had to plan team schedules so we can help train the U.S Military. I also became a first responder.
Good place to work.
System Administrator (Current Employee), Woburn, MAMay 21, 2015
Raytheon is a good place to work. Busy at times, coworkers are good and the other employees aren't bad. Management does a good job of communicating between users and IT staff.
Top 5 Defense Contractor In Most Categories
Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMay 17, 2015
Company has a diverse workforce, important programs, environmental friendly, safety standard compliant working conditions, and industry average compensation.
Diversity
Technical Instructor / Course Developer (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Job location
Cons: None
Team building, supporting our troops daily. Maintaining and operating our system. Looking forward to maintaining a working relationship with the government.
State of art company
Senior Design Engineer II (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2015
Highly diversified organization. Radio frequency products state of the art. Many engineering disciplines allowed individual growth in many areas. Would recommend to all entry level and experienced engineers.
Electronic Technician II (Current Employee), New MexicoMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great scenery
Cons: Long drive to range
Surrounded by good management I learned a lot working for Raytheon. They provided many training courses so I would better myself.
Great chance to work and train with the worlds' best military.
System information technician supervisor (Current Employee), McGregor Range, New MexicoMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great learning atmosphere.
Cons: Long commute.
A typical work day consisted of reviewing concept of operations and putting it to work. Evaluating server startup and targetry function.
Learned how Army side of the house trains for war, I am an Air force retiree and we trained a little different.
Management provided me a perfect oppurtunity to learn Army doctrine and how support the Army way of war fighter trainining
Co-workers were great to work with, we guided each other to get the mission accomplished in the best and safest possible manner.
Hardest part about the job was the long commute.
Most enjoyable part about the job was knowing I had a part in training our military to execute a war plan.
Okay place to work, salaries are good
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: healthcare was very expensive for employee and paid same for one child
Very busy day, could be from facilities, management, or just a numerous of things need to get done. Management did not give clear direction on most projects and status of company. Enjoyed the variety of duties.
Raytheon
Material Program Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great Company to work for
Cons: Cannot seem to get an interview now
As an individual Program Material Manager I was given the freedom to management my project areas and mange the people and products needed.

Six other PMM's and I developed a Supply Chain training course that icluded personell all the way from the Supply Chain Director to the Administrative Assistant. It was part of our Six Sigma challenge that we selected and it was an approved process that is still used today.
It's a job.
Senior Cyber Test Engineer (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 8, 2015
It's a job. Better than most big companies. You can do far worse. The do lots of social things. It's a big defense contractor.
Great Company to Work for
Program Planner (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 7, 2015
Great company to work for that provides great benefits and allows for time off. High Job security once security clearance is obtained.
suitable work environment but not consistant work for career employment
Power Generation Technician Lead (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits package
Cons: Contract work
Performed maintenance on military tactical equipment for external customers; Enjoyed the work but uncertain of continued employment upon contract completion
Challenging and Fun Work
Senior Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great company culture
Cons: Benefits keep decreasing
Love working here and the people I work with. Company really promotes life balance with their workers and my department is very supportive of career goals.
Great work enviorment
Team Leader (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 30, 2015
great co-workers and a good culture to work in. The long hours is the hardest part of the job. Management cares about its employees
Great Company, great culture
Manger - Military Logistics (Former Employee), OverseasApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and pay. Great people.
Cons: None
I worked for them overseas, but had to cut short due to family emergency. Had the experience of a life time with this company. I wish I could go back.
Interesting Job/Uncertain Future
Remote Pilot Operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2015
Pros: Nice amount of breaks
Cons: Unfair compensation between dept
Good luck getting answers from HR. Poor job prospects and questionable management. Typical day is met with confusion on the part of managers. In a state of limbo between part time and full time.
technical service
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 27, 2015
In charge of evaluation, test and repair of Department Of Defense’s equipments; SLQ-32 system, receivers and transmitters. Analyze and troubleshoot system, module and component level to Military performance standards and ISO 2008: 9001 quality standards.
• Error Detectors • Amplifiers
• Interface CCA’s • Nulling Drivers
• Switching CCA’s • Power Supply’s
• GPS Satellite Antenna • HPA (High Power Amplified)
• Mux (Multiplexer) • CFR (Counter Measure Freq).
Electro Mechanical Technician
. Performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, and production/test environment. . Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical.
. Assist in the development of procedures (DWI, TPR, and TRAVELER).
. Assist Engineering, Program Management Officer, Quality Control and Product Management in Processing improvement.

• Servo Motor • Drive Antenna
• Fan Axial • Launch Rail
• Loader Beam Missile • Compressor Air
Slow Advancement
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 27, 2015
The typical day starts with pouring through emails and prioritizing tasks, which is typical of any job. This position completes bids and proposals, which deadlines are non-flexible and out of your control.

I've learned how to multitask and prioritize based on various scenarios, and most importantly I've learned how to manage people's expectations. The co-workers range from very friendly to aggressive and impatient.

The hardest part of this job is to manage the different personalities that this position comes into contact with. This job is also not as respected as you work amongst senior engineers as a finance position.

The most enjoyable part about this job - well, work life balance is amazing. Work 8 hours a day and thats it - nobody can complain about your work pattern.
Excellent Place to work, interesting work and dedicated personnel
Team Leader (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Very skilled and dedicated team of employees
Cons: Isolated location with no running water
Working for Raytheon at the Schofield BAX in Hawaii was at times challenging and demanding due to dynamic changes in scheduling from the Army units that use the Range. I have learned much more about team leadership, and program management that I expected coming from a previous leadership position in the Navy as a Chief.

As the training manager I created all the programs and certification required to keep all 23 employees certified and proficient in his or her job. I was also part of the quality assurance team for the Warrior Training Alliance contract here in Hawaii conduction contract compliance inspection on the Raytheon and Subcontractors associated with the program here in Hawaii. I have learned much in this job and
Horrible company - avoid at all costs
Systems Engineer Sr (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Too many to list
Raytheon is by far the worst company I've ever worked for. In two years I have not gained any useful new skills or knowledge. Management does not communicate with employees, the engineering processes are overly complex. It typically takes at least a month to get even the simplest requirement wording change approved.

There are no redeeming qualities to the work I currently do other than the pay is pretty good and the benefits are OK, although not any better than any other company in the Aerospace Industry. And other companies are better managed. Avoid Raytheon like a plague, especially the GPS OCX program. 10-12 people leave the program each month. Why? The same reason rats flee a sinking ship.

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more

Raytheon Salaries