Raytheon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,123 reviews matching the search
Typical day at work included working per scheduling of builds that were needed per week.
Factory Support (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 22, 2015
VERY schedule oriented company. Not much room for advancement. Employees at this facility are mostly women. There are quarterly awards for leadership, Environmental Health and Safety, Security and Leadership which is a plus. Management is "so so", depends on who your supervisor is. There are some EXCELLENT supervisors on staff and there are some that aren't so great. I did love working for this company and enjoyed my coworkers very much. They all rock! I do believe there needs to be a change in some management positions.
It was an okay place
Production Associate/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2016
Management, mine, was hard to get along with. Didn't have a flexible bone in their body. I had children and one day one of them got severely ill and she wouldn't allow me the time off, had to ask upper management to handle the situation.
Very Productive work environment
Tech Support Associate Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Do Quality Assurance for all incoming and outgoing equipment. Days would last anywhere from the 8 hour work day to a 10 hour plus work day. Work on different projects for different country's.
Pros
Great and fun people to work with, something different everyday.
Cons
No room for advancement
Great place to work with great people to work with
Supervisor/Mananger (Current Employee) –  Garland TexasAugust 10, 2015
My day starts at early with meetings and customer work request.
I have learned that people make the company strong and productive.
During my time at Raytheon management has changed has many times but we still remain strong.
My co-workers are the best and have always enjoyed them
Hardest part of my job is working with limited staff'
I enjoy making people happy always have and always will.
Benefits
Great company
Senior Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  McKinneyOctober 14, 2015
Very flexible company, friendly managers and co-workers. Great Benefits. 5 weeks vacation time after 15 years. Holiday from December 22 till January 2nd on top of your Personal Time Off.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very low raises, no opportunity for grow
Productive enviroment, with the opportunity to train soldiers
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 25, 2016
Most days at Raytheon included coming in to the office and preparing lessons for the instructors to use while on conduct. this included preparing instructor and student materials. I learned to format word documents according to specific rules and to formulate articulate wording in those lessons. The hardest part about creating these lessons when your lesson is sent back for having a comma out of pace, but the best part is traveling to the various posts to train new soldiers on the same equipment I used for 18 years.
Pros
the work day ended at 1530
Cons
non paid lunches
Very good at managing Firm Fixed Price
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 1, 2015
Very good company to get good work experience.
Management was held accountable for lack of performance.
Benefits were very good.
Pros
Can build a solid work experience
Cons
Worked excessively long hours no work life balance
Difficult for Advancement
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIMarch 14, 2016
Its very easy to get stuck in a rut there and end up with little to noadvancement and get poor job reviews through no fault of your own. There is a lot of red tape and you can get stuck in a bad assignment for a long time.
Professional and strong HR relationship
Team Leader II (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Va.March 19, 2016
I worked from technician to Team Leader 11 serving18 years with Company through many reorganizations and RIFs. I have work both in a functional and a program oriented work cell.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Bad humidity system
production boards
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 28, 2015
great benefits, excellent pay but management made a lot of changes from supervisors to employees as far as lack of training, and letting contractors with no experience perform the work in the boards, that was a bad mistake!
Pros
free lunch when the goal was met
Cons
cut down on the flex time
Good Benefits
Material Estimating & Cost Analysis - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Company offers good health benefits. Turn over is high due to volatile market and inability to retain talent. Under Democratic President usually major costs due to lack of funding.
Pros
Healthcare
Raytheon is a good company to work for
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 30, 2016
Raytheon is technically oriented company with several opportunities. Team members are very welcoming and cooperative. Management is understanding and helps the employees in accomplishing their goals.
The best company i have worked with to date
Live Fire Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 19, 2015
I loved love working for Raytheon. they took care of all my needs as an employee. I don't have anything bad to say about the job.
well........that's until the upper management comes to town.
but all in all I would love to work for them again. it was a shame my contract changed and ended up working for a different company.
Pros
i felt they cared about their people at Raytheon
Cons
upper management can really stress out lower management that normally makes for a bad day
Great Place to work.
Program Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Great Place to work, lots of growth opportunities and different divisions to work in. Love the work life balance and the employees are extremely professional.
Great experience, great people to work with, but did not see a future for myself there.
Intern (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 1, 2015
There was to much down time as a intern it was hard to stay busy some days and I did not see a potential for myself to grow in the company. Besides that my over all experience was great. I learned many new skills that have improved my potential to be a professional and a better person. My management team was very patient with me when it came to learning new skills and programs.
Pros
benefits, flexibility
Cons
lack of growth
Great People
Cost Estimator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2015
A typical day at RMS is not typical, there are no two days alike. The changing duties and constant flow of work makes this place challenging. The people make this environment fun and very comfortable.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that your advancement really centers on your management's view of you and not your abilities. Although it has restructured recently still has a very active "good ole boy club" and if you are not a member, you are stuck.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the diverse teams required to fulfill all of the job requirements. The engineers, program management and finance professionals here are amazing people and brilliant in their own disciplines.
Pros
constant change, demanding environment that forces growth
Cons
management stuck in the last century, company politics.
Excellent Palce to Work, All employees are very helpful
ACDelco District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 10, 2016
All customers must be our top priority per their requests.

Always be timely when they request information on a product or

promotions.
Meaningful and rewarding work environment : Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Factory Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Rewarding work on products that support and protect the warfighter.Large company that has the typical pros and cons of a large company.
Pros
Large company opportunities
Cons
Fair Compensation
Very stable, but not exactly an inspiring place.
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2015
At Raytheon you can be fairly confident that you will have a stable job with interesting work that can effectively last eons if you want it to. Unfortunately compensation does not always accurately reflect work quality.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Raises
Ok place to work
System Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 11, 2015
Provides challenging environment but career may be short lived with company due management looking at employees as readily replaceable units.