Raytheon

Raytheon Employer Reviews

Raytheon is a company with a long proud history. It means a lot when you consider our work directly affects our military might and performance.
Administrative Specialist / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 15, 2014
Pros: the skills i've learned and the respect for the awsome jobs my engineers accomplish every day.
The day usually begins around 7:00 A.M. and ends around 5:30 P.M. I've learned a lot of technical skills but I'm no "techno geek." My management has consisted of senior engineers who are over worked (their Blackberries are always ON.) My current co-workers are fabulous; we truly make a great time. That is, after all, what it's all about, TEAM WORK. – more... Hardest part: the long days. We work 9-hours days, with every other Friday off. However, those 9 hour, more often than not, turn into 10 or 11 hours. The best part: the acknowledgement I get for a job well done, and the enduring friendships I have made in the last 15years. – less
Great company
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2014
Excellent work/life balance. Focused on ethics and meeting commitments.
Great Place to work
Senior Configuration Analyst (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJune 10, 2014
The work life balance is exceptional, and the company allows for advancement.
Building products that support those in harms way defending our freedoms
Configuration Management Engineer (Former Employee), Fort WayneJune 10, 2014
Pros: work that makes a difference
Cons: dependennce on government for funding that has lost its way
DoD is a peculiar environment where failure could cost the lives of servicemen who have already signed up for dangerous work defending the constitution and our freedoms. Every day I was motivated to provide the best in my comfortable office for those who lay it all on the line. My co-workers shared that vision. We saw our processes as tools to serve – more... that vision. – less
Excellent Job Culture
Sr. Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 9, 2014
Raytheon has hundreds of internal class to that support each career function to help its employees excel in their field. There are opportunities to transfer to other departments and job functions to add variety and better employee experience.
Creative Place to work
Multimedia Developer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 7, 2014
Pros: you get to travel and learn new things on the job always training the employes
Most of the work is done on a team basis. We all share inputs to improve our products, and be a competitive with other companies out there. My job involves working with adobe software mostly flash and photoshop, always learning new software to improve my skills and implement them on my daily tasks.
Scheduling Overview
Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee), Goleta, CAJune 6, 2014
Interface with CAMs, Program Management, and finance to ensure schedule validity, and identify opportunities to accelerate schedule/increase schedule margin. Conduct analysis of weekly IMS updates and monthly cost/schedule integrated EVMS. Lead stand up meetings with program team to prioritize and status critical chain tasks.
Nice organization
Electronics manufacturing Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas txJune 2, 2014
Excellent work environment. Plenty of training and advancement opportunities.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Principal Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 31, 2014
Productive and fun workplace
Meeting customer needs
Tools usage
A very enjoyable place to work. The company was a people oriented environment.
Senior Technical Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 30, 2014
Pros: flex time, excellent medical benefits, people oriented company
Cons: short lead times for training.
I was a military trainer for a radio that was produced by the company. If I was in the office, I would continuously update my training material, write new material, or work with the radio equipment in the lab. I had a very positive management team who would allow me to work my ideas. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. My coworkers and I got along very – more... well. I traveled worldwide teaching the military the operation of our radio. I enjoyed the travel immensely. When I wasn't on the road, we worked with flex time. It was very beneficial for home life. I believe the hardest part of the job was having everything ready to go when a short deadline was given by the military.
I enjoy working with people and as a teacher, experienced much satisfaction working with my students. My classes normally would have up to 25 students at a time, although there were times when it would be more or less. – less
Opportunity and goal satisfaction.
Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Greenville, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities.
Cons: required overtime hours.
Great personal and professional place to work. Diverse work groups, and cohesive team grouping.
Very interesting work
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAMay 29, 2014
Good working environment at Raytheon IDS. Do not know much about other segments
Overall good but way too structured
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER II (Current Employee), dallas,txMay 29, 2014
They have put the systems in place that take whatever little fun exists in engineering right out.

Plus, they are sneaky about layoffs. A bunch of cowards, 2 people here, 17 there, drips and drabs over time, all the while saying nothing. Very depressing
Solid company with steady upward movement potential
Finance Manager (Current Employee), TXMay 27, 2014
Worked at Raytheon for over 7 years. Overall the company is very solid and provides some upward movement potential for high performing team members.
Excellent place to work
Senior Tech Support Engineer I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 27, 2014
Pros: number one assest are the employees
Lot of opportunity for career growth, various programs to work in.
Great pay/benefits
Sr. Multidisciplined Engineer II (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 26, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, lunches
Cons: some managers could be more personal and caring
Great pay/benefits, room for advancement, great co=workers.
Hardest part was when I was involuntarily placed in a lead position when I wasn't qualified for (and I protested it!) and subsequently failed with everything snowballing from that point on until I was laid off despite a remarkable comeback with very successful results on my last program.
Enjoyed meeting new people.
Maintenance (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2014
A typical day atwork was cleaning the offices. I loved meeting new people around the office.
poorly managed change
Director, Diversity and Inclusion (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMay 22, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: culture of fear
toxic culture. glad not to b working there anymore. could not recommend to friends.
Solid, diverse company always finding ways to be innovative and reinvent it self.
Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst II (Current Employee), Lawton, OKMay 22, 2014
As a Business Analyst Mondays will always consistently be the busy day of the week.

Must be accurate and reliable.

You will continue to learn in this job.
My Best Experience
General Assistant in the Heavy Shop (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 20, 2014
General Assistant in the Heavy Shop at the MC Murdor Station in Antarctica. This was the best thing that I have done. It was a tremendous experience. Is not easy came from a tropical clime to work under cero every day. In Antarctica I was working as a General Assistant in the Heavy Shop at the MC Murdor Station.

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly – Read more