Raytheon Employee Reviews

Brilliant minds creating amazing solutions
Senior Operatons Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
Plenty of opportunities to contribute as long as you take initiative. People are amazing - many from top universities with creative minds and commitment to the warfighters.
closed
Receiving Quality Inspector (Six Sigma Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 23, 2017
Inspecting incoming products for compliance before it goes to be installed or delivered to the customer, using calipers, micrometers and blueprints. Using Prism/SAP/Eagle system to input compliant or noncompliant issues, planning and execution phases of individual ship availabilities as outlined in NAVSEA Standard Item 009-67, enter and pull test data, and report inspections. Consulting with senior management for programs that provide for the inspection and acceptance of products and services provided by contractors
Stressful Workplace
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 22, 2017
Working on the production floor was very stressful and I was never rewarded for my hard work. I learned that when you are an engineer you don't advance your career as quickly compared to operations. The company doesn't take care of the workers who put in the most ours and bend over backwards.
Negative experience
Cyber Security Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2017
Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I was a contractor and was assigned to a manager who didn't know I was coming! He was incompetent.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of any work life balance
Was able to use my expertise, mentored, designed
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2017
In the assignments at Raytheon, I was asked to mentor an engineer, other young engineers in both "cradle to grave", and auditing. I designed 2 tools which represented my hands on involvement on the manufacturing floor
Pros
hours, pay, location, first position was on 2nd shift and it worked out well for me
Cons
What is this job supposed to be anyway?
Production Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2017
Strange wonderland of multiple meetings, unclear responsibilities, and behind the back politics.
Hiring position description was 905 misleading as total time was to push through updated documentation. Various requests from different sites were not clear who owned what action.
Ten year old problems uncovered as lost in the bureaucracy.
Security fragmented walls prevented dealing with issues.
Work was at a sophomore college level.
Poor planning created multiple problems
Could not get clear feedback on tasks, so did what was apparently needed,
Pros
gym, cafeteria, on line libraries
Cons
Weird management faulltering
Raytheon
Production Controller/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 15, 2017
Great benefits and decent work/life balance at this company. They have 9/80 schedules which allow you to take off every other Friday. Advancement opportunities are available.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Micromanagement
They didn't call it the Ant Hill for nothing!!
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2017
Stressful, unsupportive, unqualified managers, No cafeteria Security imposed by DoD was very burdensome "Diversity" was taken to a perverted extreme. It sucked.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Stressful, unsupportive, unqualified managers
Raytheon is a Great Place to work
Site Deputy, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 15, 2017
Raytheon has a superb culture that fosters diversity, learning, exploring, and the freedom to make mistakes. I couldn't imagine a better company to work for.
Pros
Excelent corporate culture
Cons
Fast paced and reliant on the Government Contracting Atmosphere
good internship experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 14, 2017
I am honored to have been an intern at Raytheon. It's a good company. Don't get me wrong, but I was bored there and didn't really learn anything new. Internships are about learning and being hands on. I didn't really get the experience I wanted.
Great place to work!
Program Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work! Great management and co-workers. Corporate culture values diversity of thought. Provides tools and learning opportunities. 9/80 is an added plus.
Okay Company
Troubleshooting Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 13, 2017
I worked with many teams to fulfill my job and deadlines. My last manager was horrible, he did not know how to run a troubleshooting team if his life depended on it.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
Bad management.
Good company but needs more diversity
Worker (Current Employee) –  12792 Research ParkwayAugust 10, 2017
Raytheon is a great place to work for. They need more diversity within the work place. Salaries are good for Florida. But overall a good company. I would recommend.
Raytheon - Government Contractor
Data Collection Specialist / CMB Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dugway, UTAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working with Raytheon. Amazing technology, good management. Very long hours and full days. Lots of work to do and gained a great insite of Government Contrat work.
Great opportunities
Corrosion Control Foreman (Former Employee) –  PAFB, Fl and overseasAugust 9, 2017
The chance to work abroad, in different locals with different peoples, was an awesome opportunity. The tasks and jobs were within my abilities. Remoteness was the only drawback.
Pros
full benifits
Cons
extreme remoteness
Raytheon Ft Wayne a great place to develop your work skills
Deputy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 8, 2017
One of the most organized and well planed out companies I have had experience with. Goals were set and the teams were set on task to meet milestones. Successes were rewarded, and lessons were learned from failures. The culture of the Midwest was felt in every person working there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Life is stressful during reorganizations and focus can be lost
good place to work
Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  saudi arabiaAugust 7, 2017
Great pay , but bad Job Work/life balance if you are assigned overseas. You need to spent a lot of time far away from your family if you want to get a good paycheck.
Challenging
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work. It's challenging and the coworkers are great. Their smart, dedicated and truly behind their product and support for the United States military.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
job stability
Very competitive and fast paced work environment
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Raytheon/ Hawker Beechcraft is a good place to start for people that are new to the private aviation/ Fixed Base Operations industry. Although the pay is mostly entry level, and benefits average, it's good for young Techs
Pros
Great learning environment, Fun Company
Cons
Company changed hands a couple of times so benefits and pay suffered
Great Goverment Contract Support Company!
Human Resources Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 7, 2017
Best employees, benefits and opportunities in my career. Made lifelong friendships with mentors and staff. After a while, with proper training, I was able to mentor and help others achieve life goals.
Pros
Loved helping people solve issues.
Cons
Not really any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.