1.0K reviews

Raytheon Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Lotus Notes Developer (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home.
Cons: Management plays favorites, and its hard to be promoted.
Nice place to work. They allow you to work from home. They encourage education. Fast paced. Clean buildings. Ample free parking
Very productive job
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2015
Very busy workplace, I love working with my supervisor and other co-workers. The hours are long but the day goes by pretty fast.
Close knit company
Business Customer Relationship Liaison II (Current Employee), McKinney, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, life work balance, good compensation
Cons: Siloed business units, older workforce and harder to advance
Company management is nice and personable, business is nice for people wanting a work life balance. Flexible schedules are nice, and compensation is good for the work. Company downsizing does happen, but they try to maintain as many people as possible to fit business needs. They have a few siloed business units that need some work to make it truly one company.
Productive and informative workplace
Certified Electronics Maintenance Technition (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 19, 2015
My typical work day starts with morning safety and job tasks for the day, week, and month. I'm always learning new job task dealing with maintenance and computer task dealing with patriot missile. My management is very open to any concerns that I have. My co-workers are very friendly and if they have more knowledge they are more than willing to teach it. the hardest part of my job is when I'm task to TDY and leave my family. The most enjoyable part of my job is Being able to TDY places I've never been to.
Great place to learn
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CaJune 18, 2015
Spent a year as an intern training to become an embedded systems engineer. Established a very strong understanding of limited memory requirements and enjoy working with hardware. I knew what I wanted to do before I started working for them but they only re-enforced my curiosity and drive to learn.
Productive and enjoy to work with co-workers
Test Technician (Current Employee), McKinney, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible time
Cons: No benefits- Not permanent job
This is very good job, I feel satisfied with everything. But unfortunately it is a temporary job and my contract will expired very soon.
Good job to have
Mechanic (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Good team work.Everbody got along well together.Its a good place to work.Good benefits and good work hours.Always had plenty of work.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 17, 2015
Good company to work for. Benefits are great and loved working on flexible schedule. Team player in all departments that I worked in.
I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot from the team that I worked with.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaJune 15, 2015
A typical day was maintaining the RAID Towers. Our job were to repair any damage cables, the structor of the tower, do upgrades the safety system and equipments. I had 3to 4 weeks of training in the class room and hands on of setting up a 80 and 109 feet towers. The training prepared me to setup a surveillance camera on top of the tower that could rotate 360 degrees of operation. My team was great, and the hardest part if any might be working in the elements. The best part was learning something totally new to me.
Exciting and Challenging workplace
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: More diversity
I enjoyed my experience at Raytheon. Raytheon afforded great experiences and challenges that allowed for growth. I enjoyed my immediate co-workers. We formed a great team and working relationship.
Productive and fun place to work with great co-workers
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Dulles, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: 9/80 work schedule is available, plus there is a 2 week Christmas (Holiday) Break
Cons: Several lay offs.
Recently a typical day at work for me usually involves billing different types of invoices such as Time and Material, Fixed Priced and Cost Plus. Performed account reconcilations and analysis of unbilled receivables and revenue.
I have learned to interact with different levels of leadership and a vast array of customers and a diverse group of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job usually involves system issues which can create delays in timetables or make it getting tasks accomplised in the allotted time frame.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and lively discussions with my co-workers.
Some things I like some things I do not.
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free Soda
Cons: Management
Its okay, there are pros and cons to every job you have. Its not a hard job at all. There is room for improvement. Great place to learn new things.
Production envronment
Tech Support Specialist Raytheon (Current Employee), Forest, MSJune 12, 2015
Not able to discuss specifics.
Typical production environment.
Management is typical for environment.
Co-workers are excellent for the most part.
Raytheon
Missile Systems Product Development Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson,AZJune 5, 2015
Not organized at all. There is no type of work-life balance. Very selfish and rude people that judge those not from same culture backgound
Challenging, competitive, and enjoyable
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJune 4, 2015
Pros: It was truly a great place to work.
Cons: It was difficult to find solutions; so, we got use to creating them.
This is where I received my first job experience as a Functional Test Engineer. The development techniques we used were primitive by today's standards; but, they were highly effective. Back then, we used IBM punch cards to generate the test code that we used, had the test information translated to reel-to-reel tapes, then fed the test instructions into 'home-grown' testers that we developed at Raytheon for the purpose of functionally testing the product components and assemblies. It was excellent work. This was my first contract job assignment. I truly enjoyed it a lot.
Logistics
Logistics Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 3, 2015
Logistics is a lot of work, a large amount of items come in that you have to track and follow throughout the life of the asset. Also having to keep track of all proper paperwork for the transfer of every piece of equipment.
Sometimes stressful but rewarding
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Lawton, OKJune 2, 2015
Pros: Pay, Travel
Cons: Redundant, Work pace can be fast
Enjoy working here. Can be a little redundant at times but overall its a job that pays well for the area. There is opportunity to branch out with the company and work overseas.
Diversified and challenging company to work for.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Many Diversity / Inclusion courses to attend, great benefits
Cons: Facitlity is consolidating and closing in April 2016.
I have / am continuing to learn a great variety of skill-sets that make me a greater asset in the workforce. Given the tools that Raytheon provides, I can apply them towards being an asset within another company due to my current situation with the facility shutdown.
Excellent company
Tester (Former Employee), Landover MarylandMay 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent company
Cons: Few contracts in DC metro area
Started my IT career at Raytheon. Very good management. I started as an Admin assistant but due to a good and supportive manager, I advanced in my career.
Defense company - Company
Project Test Engineer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 29, 2015
Pros: Industry Leader
Cons: Industry Leader
Big company in small city. You work there or you are likely relocating. Great benefits. Big company in small city. You work there or you are likely relocating. Great benefits.Big company in small city. You work there or you are likely relocating. Great benefits.
Industry