Raytheon

Raytheon United States Employee Reviews

Focused Team with Performance and Perfection Focus
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day can vary greatly depending on what team and task I an currently involved with. I have been an asset to many different teams and tasks in my current position and have been shared across them as time and needs have risen. I have been involved in simulation execution and analysis on unix based platforms. I have worked with software development and implementation. I have ran simulation development and execution exercises with validation of results. I have presented to customers and been responsible for input material to customer briefings.

As a secondary task I am the lab manager for my program. In this role I develop network configurations and lab layouts to promote productivity. I support EHS, Finance, and other management functions in this role.

I have also been elected the Global Council representative for the Young Employee Success NETwork (YESNET) for Huntsville. I represent Huntsville in the global council. I am the co-chair for the branding committee for YESNET global council, where I work on channels for information sharing inside and outside of YESNET.
Radial Arm Drill
Radial Arm Drill Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2015
Ordered tools for drill. Ran job priority list. I enjoyed working on the parts. VERY HOT environment!
Fun
Program Security Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no breaks
Helped write up policy and procedures, daily filing, worked with temporary agencies to get new candidates. Went to colleges to recruited new students. Briefed and debriefed employees off of clearances.
great company
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
This is a great company to work for very motivated. I was very satisfied with work for them.
Average Company
System Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Landover, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Not bad company to work for just too big. Don't have anything bad to say the company was ok.
Diverse company with various products and intelligent employees
Program Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: intelligent workforce, high job security, good work-life-balance
Cons: slow-pace, good-old boys network
Overall, Raytheon is a great company to work for. It solves challenging problems and has fantastic employees.
Loved the work
Remote Pilot Operator / Data Entry Technicial (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: beutiful facility, many breaks, enjoyed the fast pace work.
Cons: healthcare, lack of advancement
The work itself was fun and entertaining, I learned many skills and traits that carry into daily life. Management needed improvement when it came to how they treated the employees especially during extenuating and life threatening circumstances. The Politics of the company were abhorrent. Most of my co-workers were wonderful people but exceedingly cut throat.

The hardest part of the job was quick turnovers, scheduling conflicts, and illnesses/ lack of sick days. Quick Turnovers- the company operated in two shifts, AM (7A-3:30P) and PM(3:30P-12A) many times you would be given back to back turn arounds multiple times per week. (ex. M- PM shift T- AM shift W-Double shift Th- AM shift) Where this was problematic was the exhaustion and toll it took physically to stay awake. If you have a 30 minute drive time from your house to the facility these turn arounds would only allow the Remote Pilot Operators to get six hours of sleep at best and that is providing you could go to bed as soon as you got home and didn't need to shower all week. Scheduling conflicts- Even if you had a non negotiable doctors or dental appt. you were not guaranteed time off for the appt. If you were to go on vacation and bought air fare you still may have to change your flight. Illness/ Lack of sick days- we were not given sick days by the company. If you did not call in by 10 Pm the night before it was considered an unexcused absence even with a doctors note. If you got sick during your shift, you were not guaranteed to go home and therefore many illnesses spread like wildfire through the facility including – more... Swine Flu in 2009. If you had a child and were on shift, you were chastised for leaving work to go pick up your child. Even if it were at the daycare facility's request.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself. It was truly gratifying to help teach the students their trade, and in turn help them succeed in a career. Not only that but mentally I enjoyed the challenge of system error to where we had to step in and input specific algorithms to fix either radio or personal error. The Instructors became amazing friends as well. – less
loved this company
Data Entry (Former Employee), Greenville, TXJanuary 6, 2015
They have consistency of work flow. They believe in holidays and giving their employees time off. Employees can get early vacations with pay. They also have great benefits. They believe in taking care of their staff.
N/A
Customer Service and Office Administration (Former Employee), Fulton, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: the lengthy application process
The was a down grade position that I was used to working for, but I enjoyed working with the Staff and getting to meet different people. The hardest part was not watching the TV that's located in the lobby area.
Productive professionals with good work/life balance
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2015
Writing and executing test procedures, discrepancy report verification, subsystem checkout, and learn new subsystem functionality. Management looks out for subordinates and the co-workers are excellent. Toughest aspect of the job is learning new subsystems on a truncated timeframe, but the flexible work schedule reduces stress and creates a positive work environment that increases productivity.
Robust Conracts and Supply Chain Management Systems
Sr. Contract Negotiator (Current Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: functional management vision
Cons: program management dysfunctionality
Functional Management vision and motivational approach is unfortunately offset in one division by dysfunctional, at best, program management. A typical day at work involves requesting approval to issue proposals after management review, contacting customers to ensure satisfaction in performance
International Opportunites
Senior Program Cost, Schedule & Control (Current Employee), Aurora, CODecember 28, 2014
Ability to work in multiple locations. Not the compensation of a smaller company but reliable. Work in an autonomous environment. Good work life balance.
Productive place to work
Production Control Specialist (Current Employee), McKinney, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: tends to be a bit out of date from an it stand point
Challenging and interesting place to work. It could be rather boring at times working in production Control. There was quite a bit of manual work that had to be done rather than through automatic downloads.
Raytheon is a company geared to providing defense to our country
File Clerk (Former Employee), Marlboro, MADecember 26, 2014
Pros: raytheon had a cafeteria and a store.
Cons: it was too far of a commute.
Management was superior

A typical work day was emptying files and filling Iron Mountain boxes with files to be archived.

What I learned do not talk about the products.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with another temp co-worker.

The most enjoyable was interacting with Raytheon employees.
Long hours, working with good people, but management is less than truthful.
Senior Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Devens, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: being allowed to be a self starter, healthcare.
Cons: management telling lame and easily disproven lies as they needed to be honest with smart people.
-Arrive half an hour early because the actual job was exciting and fun, it did not feel like work.
-I did not learn much of anything that added to my skills, I am already considered a subject matter expert in my field.
-I caught management in a number of lies dealing with the amount of money that we were paid, they under reported how much money was authorized under the contract by $20k per year per person for the contract. When the decision was made to RIF people, management reported that they were not allowed to keep people on contract while lowering wages across the board, which was also a lie as both options were permitted by higher management. I never said anything to management or my co-workers as it would not have helped anyone. Management had no idea what my co-workers and I did on a daily basis and had little motivation to learn, even though they were constantly invited to right seat ride with us.
-My co-workers were all dedicated, hard working people, willing to work long hours to get the job completed.
-The hardest part of the job was never being complimented for doing a job well done, both from the company and from the client. Knowing that one would most likely never be promoted in spite of the job being done well also was hard to swallow.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the job: training soldiers in their new job field, and the follow up training in both the Advanced Leader's Course and then the Senior Leader's Course. Watching people grow in their chosen career as they advanced in rank was the best part.
nice flexible company
Sr. Electronics Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: very flexible, nice 200 hrs of personal time off
Cons: no human resource dept on site
go to my work station, calibrate my testing equipment, get a cup of coffee, do schedule mandatory weekly online trainings and socialize with my co-workers and supervisors (just a little),

Raytheon is a fun company to work with since their culture is kick back but at the same time employees have to performed and be as professional as possible when performing their assigned jobs.

sometimes having to work 9 hrs per day was not very enjoyable. it makes a difference being able to work from 6:30am to 3pm instead of 4pm.
Sr. Technical Illustrator
Senior Proposal Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: long hours
Worked for tech publications as a Technical Illustrator for parts manuals. Worked as a Sr. Publications Illustrator for Proposals where I was the lead illustrator for multi-million dollar projects.
Positive attitude hard worker
Production Control Specialist (Current Employee), Mckinney, TxDecember 19, 2014
Pros: multitasker
Cons: shy
Good person, quick learner, can to attitude, smart and innovative.
I am an employee who has fulfilled my responsibilities towards the punctuality rules set by the management, by arriving on time and leaving on time. I plan my break times and make sure not to exceed the given time limit.
I do not have any attendance problems and am prepared to undertake my responsibilities as and when asked to.
I am a reliable employee and carry out all the duties bestowed on me by the company as per the attendance and punctuality.
I never exceed any time limits allotted to me for meetings, breaks, in and out times and respect the time of my superiors, colleagues as well as clients.
Good Place to Work
Principle Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaDecember 19, 2014
The work is challenging and that what counts for me. I have worked there a total of 13 years. The most fond experience is working in teams where the team member cared about me. The job culture is more demanding with the DOD sequestration.
Good Co-Workers and a great work engviroment.
GSE Mechanic (Current Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 19, 2014
Little bit rough with on the job training but the people more than make up for any shortcomings. Work hours were fantastic, and salary plus benifits couldnt ask for more.

About Raytheon

Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company – Read more

Raytheon Salaries