Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,374 reviews matching the search
A lot of great people, but better for individuals early in their careers.
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 19, 2017
Raytheon has a lot of great people, but there seems to be a talent gap. They have a lot of people that have been there forever, and a lot of people who just graduated from undergrad. The people that are coming out of undergrad do alright because they are promoted quickly to about Sr. Eng. I, but then their careers seem to stagnate or they move on: hence the gap.

What is worse is that a lot of great, experienced talent is brought in, but then not allowed to go anywhere. I have met several people that have decades of experience that are brought in to work at the same level, or even bellow, the kids that just graduated from college. Needless to say, they don't stick around very long.
Pros
A lot of great people.
Cons
They do not know how to recruit or retain talent. Little growth beyond Sr. Eng. I.
Dallas
Front End Release Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
The job was stressful when working with someone who always complaint about the work load or the time that was taken to do the job on a daily basic. Not recommended.
Great place to expand your career
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
The great thing I liked about this company is that you were able to learn more then just what you were contracted for. There was always a new technology to learn and more then one way to grow.
good company
Field Engineer/Instructor, Patriot Missile System (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaApril 18, 2017
the only downside to working for Raytheon was the living overseas part. job was easy and steady. great work schedule and good pay. got to run my own training program.
Defense projects
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 17, 2017
Typical Aerospace and Defense environment. Very process oriented. Slower paced projects.

Work life balance was good, did not have to take job home with you.
Pros
Cafeteria, 9/80 work schedule
Cons
large scale management structure
Awesome experience
Air Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Pole,, AntarcticaApril 17, 2017
The work was difficult in such austere conditions, but when you're at the South Pole that's to be expected.... and sort of the point! Wonderful people who all really care about the project.
Pros
It's the South Pole!!!
Cons
Really Cold; Pay not great
It is what you make of it
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 16, 2017
It's a huge company so people can have a very diverse set of experiences depending on where they end up. I know people who did nothing there, and I know people who worked their butts off.
Great Benefits
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  VAApril 14, 2017
One of the best companies with Benefits. The company is praised by their customers. The full time employees love to come to work. This company pays well.
great place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 13, 2017
excellent benefits and job opportunities, diverse people who make it a blessing to work daily on the job. ON the job training allows you to perform duties to the fullest potential.
Stagnant work environment
Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 12, 2017
This company was a decent place to work because the day in and day out was consistent and organized. It was a bit boring however and lacked engaging tasks for me to feel a part of the work I was doing
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Not engaging enoguh
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 10, 2017
If the opportunity would arise I would come back to Raytheon in a heartbeat! It's a great company, the managers care about their employees. Benefits are competitive to the industry. Wish I had never left!!!!!!!!
fun and professional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAApril 10, 2017
This was a tremendous location to work. It was close to home, not a lot of stress and we were responsible for completing our tasks. I would highly recommend this location for anyone.
Pros
professional
Cons
non
productive and fun to work there
Program Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 9, 2017
Very well organized and structured. Management top notch. Work environment pleasant. Work/life balanced. Cut my teeth on EVM. Culture easy going. Nothing difficult about the job or company. Location, location.
Decent place to work
Senior Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 5, 2017
Stable- job security- good benefits- ok pay- good location- nice people- interesting work- fun at times- daily duties get boring- not much room for growth- management is out of touch with employees
Pros
stable company
Cons
boring jobs
Good ... for a while.
Manager, Emerging Opportunities Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 4, 2017
Worked for a subsidiary.
Good people.
Good product.
Good environment.... at first.
Under pressure from Corporate to meet numbers / reduce costs (typical of industry these days) the good things that made it a great place of to work were taken away. A real loss.
Senior Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 4, 2017
Good technical work. Good work/life balance. Pleasant people to work with. Chances for advancement with hard work. Good products and strong sales record.
Summary
Supply Chain Associate Senior (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2017
Raytheon is a great company to work for. However, in saying that, like any business, Raytheon has it's good things and its bad things. I have been working at Raytheon for 9 years and I have learned a great deal in the supply chain/Logistics Asset Management area.
Pros
The salary is commensarable to the area.
Cons
Benefits have increased
Company Growth and Integrity
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 1, 2017
Company growth is managed well across all business units. Raytheon maintains high ethical standards for employees and in dealing with the Government.
Could be a great place to work
Contractor Program Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 1, 2017
The company is very demanding and the culture is unfortunatly still stuck in the old way of "it's who you know, not what you know". This place is still on the buddy, buddy system.
Cons
beneifts, culture
Great opportunity
Live Fire Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 31, 2017
I love working for Raytheon here at Fort Polk, Louisiana. It provides an opportunity to truly take the reigns and lead a team to success while providing a very unique service to the Army.
Pros
Great pay, great leadership.
Cons
Isolated, pre-existing nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.