Raytheon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,158 reviews matching the search
Good Company Headed in Wrong Direction
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2014
There has been a significant shift in the corporate management of the Aurora CO campus in the last two years. Benefits have been significantly reduced. Employees are now seen as replaceable tools instead of essential members of an engineering team. The new corporate management culture encourages managers to make poor short term decisions to make schedule/budget at the expense of long term project success. This leads to down-stream budget/schedule constraints that are levied onto the workforce, leading to high burn-out rates and low employee retention rates. 50-60 hour work weeks (sometimes uncompensated) are increasingly the norm. There is no sign this is going to change any time soon. This WAS a good company to work for.
Pros
decent pay, good job security
Cons
work/life balance is very poor
I really liked working at Raytheon
Member of the Ship Self Defense System Team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I came back to work for Raytheon after a 15 year absence. They remembered me and I wanted to come back. Nuff said!

I got an interim clearance and was hoping to stay but I was told when I started that funding might not come through; and unfortunately it didn't.

I know some people that didn't like it at Raytheon but I am not one of those; I loved it there.
Pros
Love working on military stuff, 9/80 schedule, great people
Cons
Not able to be there now! Working with older technology sometimes.
Cool place to work.
Tech Support Associate Sr (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 3, 2016
I've met a lot of people from all over the US. I've learned a lot about different cultures. My co-workers are a good group of guys in and out of work. Management is easy to talk to. I appreciate being able to get out of work early and spending time with my wife and kids.
Pros
early work hours
Great experience in management
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 4, 2016
Primary functioning as an industrial engineer (times studies and plant layout) and production superintendent (Angle Rate Bomb Sight).
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits for the location.
Cons
Government contract dependent
Meaningful and rewarding work environment : Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Factory Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Rewarding work on products that support and protect the warfighter.Large company that has the typical pros and cons of a large company.
Pros
Large company opportunities
Cons
Fair Compensation
Changing Work Climate
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
Have worked at Raytheon since the site privatized back in 1997. Raytheon is not a bad place to work overall - in the past 3+ years, since internal security realignment & business unit merger the change in the work climate is of the nature that has me seeking other opportunities.
Pros
Fair job security
Cons
redundant managment layers
Very serious and prfessional work invironment.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer I Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job is the compensation. I work extremely long hours not including the extensive travel that is required of me. I have learned a lot from my colleagues, as they are true professionals of their craft.
Pros
I am in charge of my own schedule
Cons
Traveling 50% of the time
Productive & Professional place to work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2016
Everyone was professional mostly military personnel. Traveled out of the country 80% of the time hardest part. The most enjoyable was the family environment great relationships made.
Productive work place
Senior Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 8, 2016
Productive work place. Enjoyed working with other engineers and managers. Good management team. Really enjoyed performing test and integration on various hardware and software products.
Extremely interesting design work, 9/80 work schedule, best in class benefits.
Principle Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2012
Engineer peers are some of the best in the nation. Considerable diversity considering the Defense nature of the work. Get to work on advanced technologies that can not be found anywhere else. A business model of under-bidding to get new contracts can result in high stress environments with a lot of blame-avoidance characteristics, however it is possible to learn to ignore bad management behaviors and just enjoy doing the work. Highly flexible work hours, excellent work-life balance. Raises and promotions can be slow, must negotiate aggressively at entry to compensate for this.
Pros
flexible hours, 9/80 schedule, fascinating work.
Cons
blame-game management politics, under-bidding over-committing projects.
Fun workplace
Senior Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2016
Great teams to work with and share ideas. Always motivating there employees to exceed more. They show how to improve your work performance. They reward there employees.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Very stable, but not exactly an inspiring place.
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2015
At Raytheon you can be fairly confident that you will have a stable job with interesting work that can effectively last eons if you want it to. Unfortunately compensation does not always accurately reflect work quality.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Raises
not much to do
HVAC Tech (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAApril 2, 2016
check in station, discus any previous problems, if any , walk around the plant to check equipment- which took about 30min, set a your station- read a book for 2hrs- take another walk to check equipment and repeat till your shift is over
Pros
easy money
Cons
boring
inventory control ,job planning
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 21, 2016
Supplied inventory control in the printed wiring board department and expedited requirement planning from purchasing to production on a weekly basis.
Pros
good company
Cons
too big
Big Corporation
SEC Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2016
It's about what you'd expect from a big corporation. Managers are very proficient at the global headquarters. k
Pros
9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
Cons
nobody actually goes on a lunch break
Good Defense Contractor
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2016
They are a strong company with a forward focus on technology. If you've never worked for a large defense contractor, this is a good start.

Open minded staff and personnel are the best!
Okay
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Super dilbert comics. Employees seemed bored. Full of military and engineers. Although still a great experience and way to get involved in engineering and the business side of the world
Fast Paced and fun place to work
Hardware Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 11, 2016
It is a fast paced environment but the people are fun to be with, and the ability to learn new things is great. If you like to travel and work extra hours.
Ok place to work
System Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 11, 2015
Provides challenging environment but career may be short lived with company due management looking at employees as readily replaceable units.
Nothing wrong with Raytheon , they should hire back tetirees part time !!!!
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 28, 2016
Loved working there for 36 years . Wish they would hire back retirees for certain amount of time , loved materials c , I did a great job for Raytheon.
Pros
Loved the people