RBC Bank

RBC Bank Employer Reviews

Management was not supportive
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers, and moral events
Cons: do not compensate for the job done.
Overworked and underpaid. Worked closely with attorneys learned a lot about the foreclosure process. Management was not fair, they had their favorites and you knew it. Hardest part of the job was the number of files that one person had to maintain.
Opportunities for Advancement
Service Leader/Personal Banker/Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 13, 2014
RBC Bank provides opportunities for advancement and the ability to learn new things regularly. Can be very fast paced and demanding, but overall it was a good place to work.
Decent place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJune 4, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: little chance of advancement
I didn't have the chance to advance as much as I would have liked to which is why I found another job. I did enjoy the benefits and being able to balance my work/life schedule.
working for RBC was a learning experience
Deposit Operations Specialist I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount NCMay 5, 2014
Pros- was a great place to work, always learning something new, good hours, management was easy to talk with. Training was excellent, everyone was able to perform their task daily and if help was needed, there was always someone ready to assist.

Cons-not having enough work to stay busy 8 hrs everyday.
Derivative Sales
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: constant turnover
The desk was a great learning experience and learned the nuances of the rates business.
Professional Environment
Client Support Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2014
Pros: management, fairly relaxed yet professional work environment
Cons: long commute, paying for parking
I really enjoy my job currently at RBC. I have an awesome manager who is very accommodating and friendly. The only reason I am looking for a new position is because currently I am in a contract position with RBC and my contract ends in September, 2014. I would like to stay with the company and have been offered a position, but I recently moved to Delano, – more... MN and would like something with a little bit less of a far commute. I enjoy my co workers greatly at RBC. We make a great team and all have something unique to offer. I do a lot of processing at work and am an Administrative Assistant in the customer service area of RBC which is a small call center consisting of about 10 other employees on my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending every day with my team mates who I really enjoy. I also like the actual work I do on a daily basis and like being busy all day and feeling like I am an important part of the team. – less
Manager unprofessional
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Foley, ALApril 7, 2014
Assist in the daily coordination of a branch office to include leading other sales personnel and/or leading service (Teller) personnel.
Oversee the day-to-day operations of a branch staff.
Responsible for assisting in the development of sales goals, personally achieving those sales goals, and assisting in ensuring staff achieves sales goals.
Supervise – more... all branch operations in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Monitor branch service quality levels and coaches staff to achieve appropriate levels.
Assist in keeping branch in compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
Assist the manager in the coordination of branch activities, assist with problems, and take action when necessary to ensure work quality standards and planned schedules are maintained.
Participate in training and meetings on operation issues with branch management and staff.
Ensure compliance, audit and security procedures are adhered to at branch location.
Perform FSR duties as required, such as Identify and maximize cross-sales opportunities through customer profiling; enhance customer relationships by telemarketing bank products; ensure customer is referred to correct line of business – less
Good Place to Work
FINANCIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 20, 2014
Although banking has changed tremendously in the past few years, this is a solid bank.
RBC ROCKS
Reporting & Audit Project Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
In my opinion management made this the best job in the work. I enjoyed going to work everyday...even on weekends.
Very enjoyable company to work with
Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee), Nags Head, NCMarch 3, 2014
I was new to the Banking industry and I was open minded... I leaned a lot and excelled with a hunger to learn everything I could
Stuff happpened
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Archdale, NCMarch 3, 2014
Bad job, not very fun, stuck inside all day.

low pay for hard work. not worth it
Very good working environment.
Senior Registered Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bonuses at year-end
Cons: most of the time ate my lunch at my desk and the commute was long
I worked for several financial brokers and learned a lot about the business. They depended on me and I delivered. I really loved my brokers and worked well with my co-workers. I enjoyed the family atmosphere. I worked with most of the brokers 10+ years, so knew what they wanted for their clients.
As a business analyst there is plenty of growth
Mortgage Production Support Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great environment, good management and plenty of growth potential
Cons: jobs sent offshore
Great environment, good management and plenty of growth potential. Good employee education investments and reimbursement. Until jobs were sent offshore.
Business Lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2014
RBC is a good place to work with many talented people. Management is currently implementing many changes across the organization to bring their many of their practices and procedures in line with their competitors.
Client oriented both internal and external. Allowed a great work life balance.
Summary Background (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: travel, development of people, teamwork, and integrity
Cons: operations often took a "back seat" unless gaps with risk and efficiency
RBC Bank, through the years of acquisitions, allowed for appropriate levels of advancement. Talent assessments were completed periodically to identify areas of individual expertise. The last 17+ years of corporate and regional positions, I was allowed very flexible scheduling from management to accommodate work/life balance which was very important – more... to me. We always worked as a team, ensuring success and all project deadlines were met. RBC Bank gave me the opportunity to learn communication to all levels of the organization through the most effective delivery channel. The most enjoyable part of my job was the teamwork of developing people, assisting the end users work "smarter" not "harder", and traveling throughout the footprint in order to cross pollinate good practices. The hardest part of my job was the fact that we were a support team and not the final decision maker. Our challenge was to influence with impact. Overall with 27+ years of loyalty, RBC Bank was a great place to work and learn. My plans were to remain loyal until such time of my retirement but with any acquisitions, corporate positions are often sadly displace. – less
Productive, caring workplace
Branch Financial Sales Consultant III (Current Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 4, 2014
My typical day at work would be to first help the head teller open up the branch if the other tellers are not in, I make calls to my existing client and search and call new client from leads. I really enjoy my customers and the team I work with it is great friendly, caring environment.
Not my favorite place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hours were good
Cons: management
A company that wants more sales than customers. Management wasn't the easiest to work with if you wasn't one of their favorite people.
It was a very productive and professional environment
TELLER CASHIER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2014
The management skills were awesome. The environment was positive and always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. The benefits were great also.
Professional workplace environment
Financial Sales Consultant III (Current Employee), Madison ALJanuary 19, 2014
Fun place to work at.
Good Co-Workers
Easy Management
typical day starts at 8:00 am finishes at 5:00pm
Good work environment.
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALJanuary 14, 2014
RBC offered a family-like environment to work in. RBC was my first 'real' job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC Bank

The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. – Read more