RBC Medical Innovations Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Innovation and Autonomy
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 11, 2017
I've been with RBC for several years and what I experience and hear from fellow colleagues is how much autonomy and input every employee enjoys. Management listens to ideas, and since it's a small privately held company there is not much red tape. Certainly like most other companies we aren't with out struggles, but the quality of engineers and staff RBC hires is exceptional. And at the end of the day we know we are engineering life sustaining and life-saving medical devices, and that is incredibly rewarding!
Pros
Autonomy, respect, and work life balance. Employer paid premiums. Promote from within
Cons
Small companies don't have as aggressive growth or advancement opportunities.
Diffcult Place to work
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 23, 2016
You are either in the "in" group or the "out" group. Management too much time focusing on themselves and not the employees.

Expectations are too high. People are people and do make mistakes. Growth is spoken of, but not develped.
Pros
Products are life saving
Cons
Benefits and management
Rbc
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2016
RBC is a very challenging environment with a dynamic changing status at all times. You must be able to keep up with the present staff and assist where you can with lots of different variable projects thus completing and wrapping up.
Wonderful place to work at
Mechanical engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 11, 2016
I really liked working at RBC. I worked here for a summer as a Mechanical Engineering Intern and the experience was wonderful! A big number of the employees are young and so this creates a fun and vibrant environment. It is a very casual place to work at as well. People don't care about how you look or what you wear as long as you do what you have to. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help me as I was getting accustomed to their ways. There is nothing I could possibly complain about! They also care about the social and humanitarian side of their workers. They have social gatherings every week, organized a blood drive and a summer picnic while I was there. They have all these little details that just make people feel good like sending out emails about someone's Birthday!
Lastly, they have such a talented group of people and everyone is incredibly smart! They have definitely built a community more than a company!
A fun place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 25, 2016
Lots of enjoyable projects that can make a real difference in the medical world. Casual environment with great people, who are empowered to perform their jobs creatively. Plenty of learning and advancement potential.

The number of projects in work tends to cycle up and down, but the company is putting a lot of effort into keeping the workload stable and profit growing.
Pros
Interesting projects, casual environment, great people
Cons
Workload tends to cycle up and down
Rbc
IT Manager/Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 23, 2016
Great ideas but the company has issues with direction and strategic planning. I do hope they resolve their issues because the concept is very cutting edge.
Pros
Hi Tech
Cons
no direction
Innovative technology
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 2, 2016
Exciting fast paced environment. New technology is being developed for the medical industry. Employees are empowered to perform their jobs with little to no supervision. Flexible work environment.
Pros
happy hour every friday
Cons
Employees are a disposable commodity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC Medical Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8