RBC

RBC Employer Reviews

Difficult environment
Director, Central Funding Group Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I worked at RBC during a very difficult environment for our market due to all of the new rules and regulations. I was very effective in building out their institutional sales reach but unfortunately fell victim to consolidation and was let go.
RBC
Teller (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: 9-5 and no weekends
The teller is the first and the last person you see when you are at a bank, making customer relationships is "key: because customers are trusting you with their money and the advice you give them is very important.

Our duties of a teller: receive and count cash
Validate customers ID's
Prepare cashiers checks, issue travelers checks
Order foreign currency, order checks and debit cards
attempt to resolve issues and problems with customers accounts
Explain, advise and promote all bank products
n/a
GPS/ICI/ADP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
excellent company. work environment and opportunities for advancement are above average, management support of employees and their career goals are encouraged.
Fun and productive
Treasury Management Assistant, (Manpower-Temp) (Former Employee), rocky mount, ncMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy going place
Cons: no benefits
Great place to work, people are friendly and courteous -- co-workers knew the meaning of teamwork -- learning the different areas of banking was very interesting.
Very individualized work environment
Investment Associate (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: easy work environment
Cons: sometimes too easy of a work environment
Typical day at work consists of reading all news that will have an impact on the market and follow up on lingering news having a long term impact (possible rate hike this year). Learning is as important in the financial business as your social skills so daily reading and listening are imperative. Management is very hands off requiring each employee to make what they want of their position. Co-workers are professional but depending on work load may be more social then business minded. Hardest part of the job has been advancement because the management team doesn't seem too excited about moving people forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the relationships grown with each client and working to attain their goals. It is very much a team oriented job between the advisor and the client.
did not like
Centura Teller (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Bad company to work for does not care about their employees. Does bnot back up employees in everyday compliance and regulations.
Good company to work for
General Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2015
I supervise the mailroom and ensure all correspondence are properly mailed . i also handle all the office needs by contacting building management for adjustment of ac temperature , light bulbs replacement .... etc Typical day is answering complaints from the staff ,
Great People Great Company
AD (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: people, compensation and benefits
Cons: work life balance
RBC is a great company they pay well and people are really smart and nice. It feels like every one has the same goal, provide great service for our costumer and enhance share holder value by working as one cohesive unite.
The only con is work life balance is not the best (working long hours and weekends sometimes)
Typical Teller Role
Teller (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 7, 2015
RBC was bought by PNC bank, whom I never worked for. I wasn't with the company long enough for it to make a good or bad impression.
Great work/life balance
Equity Derivatives (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Canadian culture dominates, and work/life balance is what makes the experience unique on wall street. it would be great to see more growth opportunities.
Great team, Long hours, Repetitive work.
Production (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: well stocked kitchen, great team.
Cons: lonely, repetitive work.
I took stacks of pamphlets off the line and put them in boxes. The machines were too loud to really talk to anyone so it was quiet and 9-10 hour days. But the crew was very friendly and my manager was great to work for.
Great work environment and productive and growing company!
Marketing Communications Internship (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Enjoyed my summer internship with RBC Wealth Management and have been applying to several job postings in hopes to find a full time position at the company.
Great Teller Job
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learned a lot in banking. awesome staff
Cons: bad location
I worked as a Service Representative III. This was my first banking job. I had the opportunity to learn what's involved in the "banking" field and what was expected of me as a teller. I was given the opportunity to work as a "Vault Custodian" I was responsible for making sure the vault balanced daily, handled night drop deposits, ordering and shipping coin/currency.

The hardest part of my job was taking a branch location that was failing in the "bottom 3" locations in compliance standards and brought it to the #2 location in the state! During this experience, I was given the "teller line" as my main job to get it back in shape. This gave me the opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills to the best of my ability while working with a excellent staff and great customers to service! Completing this responsibility was very rewarding!
busy day to day banking institution
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 11, 2015
this was a routine job with great co workers. management had a very high turn over rate though causing some issues and tension when it
came to sales goals and in-house rules. upper management very
strict on dress code including whether or not you wear make up and how you fixed your hair. for example, pony tails were not allowed.
Productive, conservative, fun workplace with a great view of Key Biscayne
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was displaying great customer service and social skills to our clients, answering phones with multiple lines, assisting managers with specific projects, scheduling appointments for conferences, setting up and cleaning up before and after conferences, creating pamphlets for new accounts, reviewing all new opened account information. I learned how to speak different languages, different types of investment and corporation bank accounts, and how important it is to fill out the forms for the IRS and make sure everything is correct. My co-workers were upright, nice, friendly, helpful, and had well knowledge with training me as a new comer. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy the client. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy a client.
Friendly staff and changing corporate culture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Challenging fast paste work days. Company continues to grow and make changes.
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Greenville,SCDecember 17, 2014
Company cares for their employees. They work with you to help you be successful in your work. They provide you with the training and encouragement to do your best work. Unfortunately, the company has sold all their USA holdings and are no longer doing business in the area.
Productive and fun work environment. Wonderful management and work family balance.
Operations Team Leader III (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: end of year bonus
Cons: healthcare
Great company to work for
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FlDecember 5, 2014
Managed a group of 13 branches across the Orlando Florida market area. Tasked with making sure that the management team adhered to an aggressive business to business sales culture while delivering an exceptional client experience. Monthly reviews of the individual P & L's of my branch network to ensure expense control and target to plan. HIring, coaching and development of branch managers to include field and branch inspections on a weekly basis.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC

We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional – Read more

RBC Salaries