RBC Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Technical Support Analyst L2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
RBC was a great place to work until my branch was closed. I got along with all my co-workers and management. I was given a couple of promotions during my time at RBC.
Underqualified Employee
Temporary Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 16, 2017
I was hired without knowing the job. Continuous conversations regarding IRA only made me think of Irish Republican Army. I was not qualified for this position and fully support being fired
na
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 15, 2017
This job has a good work/life balance with competitive pay and provides all the tools to grow and develop within the company along with providing networking opportunities with vendors.
Worst place ever
Vice President, Fixed Income & Currencies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
They think they're the "Goldman Sachs of Canada". That might be true in Canada, but this US office is the pits. Management doesn't care, cut-throat culture, minorities and women are overlooked, people simply don't care. It's just a paycheck (uncompetitive paycheck, by the way).
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
It's just a paycheck
rules
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 29, 2017
Working at the bank is all about client interaction. I had to help clients everyday for their transactions. The workplace culture is very strict. They are many rules that we need to follow.
Great Exposure internship!
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with RBC last summer. I met a lot of people who were wiling to help me learn what life as a wealth manager would look like. I got a really good in depth feel of the company and the job.
Productive work place
Senior KYC/Cross Borders Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 24, 2017
At typical work day is very busy. I switch between tasks for cross border and kyc. This is very good because it allows me the chance to learn a lot about the AML industry.
Pros
The culture is great
Cons
my department is currently understaffed
Great people, but stubborn management
Service Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 20, 2017
Great people, but stubborn management as there is often directives passed down from the executive levels that are not thoroughly thought out. The options for advancements are as rare as a dinosaur .
wrong place to work
Senior Loan Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2017
the worst place i ever work, bad management, bad benefits and over went out of business in usa for no reason, and with no consideration to the loyal people who work for many years with them
Pros
Cons
a lot
Hennepin County
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
Awesome employer with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Promoting from within was very high in priority and finding the right match for positions.
Would Recommend
REGISTERED CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Really stresses employee balance and health. Hardest part is antiquated systems for paperwork and many approvals required for processes.
Productive place to work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Productive place to work, with a great culture and work life balance. I would recommend Royal Bank of Canada to someone interviewing there.
good company
Sales and Trading Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
very nice people to work with
good management in place, not great career progression and opportunities
decent pay
lack of risk- very conservative bank
Challenging and rewarding position
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 12, 2017
assist technology investment division, answer phones, book travel, expenses, approve expenses for department, schedule meetings/lunches, organize/plan conferences
Pros
fun atmosphere
Glad they are out of business
Regional Wholesale Production North Central (Former Employee) –  MidWestJuly 11, 2017
Company was a mess from the get go, Our division was sold to them. Many people left after a short time. Eventually RBC Mortgage left the United States
Decent Employer
Compliance Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2017
My experience with RBC was positive. Work is demanding and challenging but the people you work with are great. I would definitely consider returning to work if the opportunity presents itself.
Great benefits
Vice President/Executive Protection (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Overall it was a great company, some members in upper management seemed to be in over their head, but over all it was well run. The Co-CEO of U.S. Capital markets was great to work for and provided good leadership for his subordinates.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
This is a great place to work. The culture is conducive to creating a great work environment as well as the ability to move ahead. The ability to help clients meet their financial goals was very rewarding.
Pros
Ability to help people
Cons
not sure
Excellent employer
Case Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed being part of the RBC Family. Very open to new ideas. Great benefits. Friendly atmosphere. Wonderful location in downtown Minneapolis close to shopping, banking and entertainment.
Great team experience
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Great team spirit. Personnel from multiple functional teams worked extremely well together in order to meet Client's requirements within budgets and on-time. Very pleasant place to work.
Pros
Face pace, multiple technologies and client focused.
Cons
Going through management reorganization that is reintroducing technology silos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval