RBC

RBC Employer Reviews

Very individualized work environment
Investment Associate (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: easy work environment
Cons: sometimes too easy of a work environment
Typical day at work consists of reading all news that will have an impact on the market and follow up on lingering news having a long term impact (possible rate hike this year). Learning is as important in the financial business as your social skills so daily reading and listening are imperative. Management is very hands off requiring each employee to make what they want of their position. Co-workers are professional but depending on work load may be more social then business minded. Hardest part of the job has been advancement because the management team doesn't seem too excited about moving people forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the relationships grown with each client and working to attain their goals. It is very much a team oriented job between the advisor and the client.
did not like
Centura Teller (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Bad company to work for does not care about their employees. Does bnot back up employees in everyday compliance and regulations.
Good company to work for
General Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2015
I supervise the mailroom and ensure all correspondence are properly mailed . i also handle all the office needs by contacting building management for adjustment of ac temperature , light bulbs replacement .... etc Typical day is answering complaints from the staff ,
Great People Great Company
AD (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: people, compensation and benefits
Cons: work life balance
RBC is a great company they pay well and people are really smart and nice. It feels like every one has the same goal, provide great service for our costumer and enhance share holder value by working as one cohesive unite.
The only con is work life balance is not the best (working long hours and weekends sometimes)
Typical Teller Role
Teller (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 7, 2015
RBC was bought by PNC bank, whom I never worked for. I wasn't with the company long enough for it to make a good or bad impression.
Great work/life balance
Equity Derivatives (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Canadian culture dominates, and work/life balance is what makes the experience unique on wall street. it would be great to see more growth opportunities.
Great team, Long hours, Repetitive work.
Production (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: well stocked kitchen, great team.
Cons: lonely, repetitive work.
I took stacks of pamphlets off the line and put them in boxes. The machines were too loud to really talk to anyone so it was quiet and 9-10 hour days. But the crew was very friendly and my manager was great to work for.
Great work environment and productive and growing company!
Marketing Communications Internship (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Enjoyed my summer internship with RBC Wealth Management and have been applying to several job postings in hopes to find a full time position at the company.
Great Teller Job
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learned a lot in banking. awesome staff
Cons: bad location
I worked as a Service Representative III. This was my first banking job. I had the opportunity to learn what's involved in the "banking" field and what was expected of me as a teller. I was given the opportunity to work as a "Vault Custodian" I was responsible for making sure the vault balanced daily, handled night drop deposits, ordering and shipping coin/currency.

The hardest part of my job was taking a branch location that was failing in the "bottom 3" locations in compliance standards and brought it to the #2 location in the state! During this experience, I was given the "teller line" as my main job to get it back in shape. This gave me the opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills to the best of my ability while working with a excellent staff and great customers to service! Completing this responsibility was very rewarding!
busy day to day banking institution
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 11, 2015
this was a routine job with great co workers. management had a very high turn over rate though causing some issues and tension when it
came to sales goals and in-house rules. upper management very
strict on dress code including whether or not you wear make up and how you fixed your hair. for example, pony tails were not allowed.
Productive, conservative, fun workplace with a great view of Key Biscayne
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was displaying great customer service and social skills to our clients, answering phones with multiple lines, assisting managers with specific projects, scheduling appointments for conferences, setting up and cleaning up before and after conferences, creating pamphlets for new accounts, reviewing all new opened account information. I learned how to speak different languages, different types of investment and corporation bank accounts, and how important it is to fill out the forms for the IRS and make sure everything is correct. My co-workers were upright, nice, friendly, helpful, and had well knowledge with training me as a new comer. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy the client. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy a client.
Friendly staff and changing corporate culture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Challenging fast paste work days. Company continues to grow and make changes.
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Greenville,SCDecember 17, 2014
Company cares for their employees. They work with you to help you be successful in your work. They provide you with the training and encouragement to do your best work. Unfortunately, the company has sold all their USA holdings and are no longer doing business in the area.
Productive and fun work environment. Wonderful management and work family balance.
Operations Team Leader III (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: end of year bonus
Cons: healthcare
Great company to work for
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FlDecember 5, 2014
Managed a group of 13 branches across the Orlando Florida market area. Tasked with making sure that the management team adhered to an aggressive business to business sales culture while delivering an exceptional client experience. Monthly reviews of the individual P & L's of my branch network to ensure expense control and target to plan. HIring, coaching and development of branch managers to include field and branch inspections on a weekly basis.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.
Research Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Management is very approachable and keeps your career goals in mind. Whole firm is aligned for a common goal.
Productive and fun working company
Consultant - Purchase and Sales (Former Employee), NYC, NYOctober 29, 2014
This is an assignment that I wish could have lasted much longer. The location was great as eel as the staff.
Good learning environment
Equity Research Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CA and Austin, TXOctober 22, 2014
I worked for almost four years at RBC Capital Markets in San Francisco and in Austin. It was an excellent learning environment for me early in my career. They took a chance on a hard working kid who was willing to relocate and I earned both salary increases and promotions. It was during the early dues-paying part of my career so I worked very long hours and was probably underpaid for what I was doing, but I probably wouldn't have been offered the chance anywhere else given my experience level and the economy at the time. There were lots of management changes while I was there but the company did its best to foster learning and had training and team building within its culture. I had a lot of respect for everyone I worked with. Two of my former superiors wrote my recommendation letters for business school and I went to a top program after I left the company.
It is a nice organization to work.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
it was a very nice place to work and a great people you can meet and learn more.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC

We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional – Read more