RBC

RBC Employee Reviews

productive
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: skyway access
Cons: manager not a people person
Very fast paced and productive. Nice people. Very detailed orientied. Great atomsphere. Nice people to work with. Well known company.
Employees were just as important as customers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Nags Head, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, teammates, working conditions
Cons: Lots of hard work but rewarded for that work
Benefits and treatment of employees were excellent. We were treated like real people. We were rewarded and recognized for hard work by praise from the very top. I enjoyed every minute of working at RBC Bank.
Customer service focused work force with genuine concern for customer needs
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Advancement, healthcare, Skill enhancement availablility
Cons: Constant awareness, security, location
Greeting customers, accessing customer needs, and effectively ensuring that satisfaction is given through orchestration of bank policy and procedures.
Decent company with fairly good benefits
Supervisor - Technology & Operations (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2015
RBC is a decent copany with generally good benefits. However leaves little room for advancement of T&O business lines unless they are willing to move to Toronto.
RBC CENTURA GAVE ME THE CHANCE TO ADVANCE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), HENDERSONApril 27, 2015
Pros: GAVE ME A CHANCE TO ADVANCE, BENEFITS
Cons: HAD TO LEAVE
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, MY CO-WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS WERE LIKE MY FAMILY, AND WE LOOKED OUT FOR EACH OTHER. WE HAD A GREAT TIME WORKING TOGETHER AND PROMOTING DIFFERENT EVENTS IN THE COMMUNITY
Great Place to work
Treasury Management Client Support Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: WORK LIFE BALANCE / CULTURE / COMPENSATION
Cons: TECHNOLOGY
Great work life balance/ individual professionals are respected. Compensation is feesable. Management seems pretty upbeat and knowledgeable
Great place to work!
CA Program Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Can be challenging to move up.
RBC is know for its diversity and multicultural atmosphere. It also offers competive compensation. It's a very productive and fun place to work.
Difficult environment
Director, Central Funding Group Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I worked at RBC during a very difficult environment for our market due to all of the new rules and regulations. I was very effective in building out their institutional sales reach but unfortunately fell victim to consolidation and was let go.
RBC
Teller (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: 9-5 and no weekends
The teller is the first and the last person you see when you are at a bank, making customer relationships is "key: because customers are trusting you with their money and the advice you give them is very important.

Our duties of a teller: receive and count cash
Validate customers ID's
Prepare cashiers checks, issue travelers checks
Order foreign currency, order checks and debit cards
attempt to resolve issues and problems with customers accounts
Explain, advise and promote all bank products
n/a
GPS/ICI/ADP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
excellent company. work environment and opportunities for advancement are above average, management support of employees and their career goals are encouraged.
Fun and productive
Treasury Management Assistant, (Manpower-Temp) (Former Employee), rocky mount, ncMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy going place
Cons: no benefits
Great place to work, people are friendly and courteous -- co-workers knew the meaning of teamwork -- learning the different areas of banking was very interesting.
Very individualized work environment
Investment Associate (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: easy work environment
Cons: sometimes too easy of a work environment
Typical day at work consists of reading all news that will have an impact on the market and follow up on lingering news having a long term impact (possible rate hike this year). Learning is as important in the financial business as your social skills so daily reading and listening are imperative. Management is very hands off requiring each employee to make what they want of their position. Co-workers are professional but depending on work load may be more social then business minded. Hardest part of the job has been advancement because the management team doesn't seem too excited about moving people forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the relationships grown with each client and working to attain their goals. It is very much a team oriented job between the advisor and the client.
did not like
Centura Teller (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Bad company to work for does not care about their employees. Does bnot back up employees in everyday compliance and regulations.
Good company to work for
General Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2015
I supervise the mailroom and ensure all correspondence are properly mailed . i also handle all the office needs by contacting building management for adjustment of ac temperature , light bulbs replacement .... etc Typical day is answering complaints from the staff ,
Great People Great Company
AD (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: people, compensation and benefits
Cons: work life balance
RBC is a great company they pay well and people are really smart and nice. It feels like every one has the same goal, provide great service for our costumer and enhance share holder value by working as one cohesive unite.
The only con is work life balance is not the best (working long hours and weekends sometimes)
Typical Teller Role
Teller (Former Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 7, 2015
RBC was bought by PNC bank, whom I never worked for. I wasn't with the company long enough for it to make a good or bad impression.
Great work/life balance
Equity Derivatives (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Canadian culture dominates, and work/life balance is what makes the experience unique on wall street. it would be great to see more growth opportunities.
Great team, Long hours, Repetitive work.
Production (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: well stocked kitchen, great team.
Cons: lonely, repetitive work.
I took stacks of pamphlets off the line and put them in boxes. The machines were too loud to really talk to anyone so it was quiet and 9-10 hour days. But the crew was very friendly and my manager was great to work for.
Great work environment and productive and growing company!
Marketing Communications Internship (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Enjoyed my summer internship with RBC Wealth Management and have been applying to several job postings in hopes to find a full time position at the company.
Great Teller Job
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learned a lot in banking. awesome staff
Cons: bad location
I worked as a Service Representative III. This was my first banking job. I had the opportunity to learn what's involved in the "banking" field and what was expected of me as a teller. I was given the opportunity to work as a "Vault Custodian" I was responsible for making sure the vault balanced daily, handled night drop deposits, ordering and shipping coin/currency.

The hardest part of my job was taking a branch location that was failing in the "bottom 3" locations in compliance standards and brought it to the #2 location in the state! During this experience, I was given the "teller line" as my main job to get it back in shape. This gave me the opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills to the best of my ability while working with a excellent staff and great customers to service! Completing this responsibility was very rewarding!

1 2 3 4 5

About RBC

We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional – Read more