RBC Employee Reviews in United States

Basically a great place to work
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 3, 2016
This experience at RBC proved how superior management and support was versus that of UBS. While playing by the rules, management was very understanding of family situations and also tried to make it a good, fun place to work. Good benefits, poor base salaries.
Good Company
Head Teller/Vault Teller/ATM Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company. Good company to work for. Good benefits. Needed improvement in management.
Branch closed!
Don't work here
Complex Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 6, 2015
After RBC bought out my previous employer, I worked my fingers to the bone and pushed myself to my own personal limits for 5 years straight.
I did whatever was asked of me (Including getting Federally Registered and running my Offices cage at the same time by myself for 3 months, doing 2 Managers jobs at once) while working plenty of unpaid overtime for next to nothing. I won a Monthly and Annual Award of Excellence for 2013 which hasn't been accomplished by someone with my job title in the history of the company.

After all of my accomplishments, I was passed over for the Management position I had earned (which I was offered and I had accepted) for someone who was highly under qualified and ultimately fired for speaking up for myself in my annual review.

You will be overworked, underpaid and a victim of the "Glass Ceiling"

I learned that going above and beyond means nothing but free labor and compliments don't equate to any sort of compensation when it's time to pay bills.
Pros
Good co workers aside from Management, Free Lunch Tuesdays, Gym in the basement
Cons
Management, Office Politics, Little reward for lots of labor, little job security
Amazing Workplace
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Great intern projects and responsibilities. Company and people really care about your professional growth. Good work/life balance is actually something that is stressed on employees, depending which department you are in but overall it's the company's culture. Really great people to work with especially within the Project Delivery Office (PDO). I would love to come back and work here full time.
Good company to work for
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 28, 2016
Great company to work for. I have a lot of respect for the Complex management in handling situations that arose, that were beyond their control. I learned a lot at this company.
Collaborative work environment that believes in work/life balance
Wealth Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Very amiable and hard working colleagues who have been with the company for years. A tremendous amount of knowledge and plenty of great advice to go around.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Lower pay
Good learning environment
Equity Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA and Austin, TXOctober 22, 2014
I worked for almost four years at RBC Capital Markets in San Francisco and in Austin. It was an excellent learning environment for me early in my career. They took a chance on a hard working kid who was willing to relocate and I earned both salary increases and promotions. It was during the early dues-paying part of my career so I worked very long hours and was probably underpaid for what I was doing, but I probably wouldn't have been offered the chance anywhere else given my experience level and the economy at the time. There were lots of management changes while I was there but the company did its best to foster learning and had training and team building within its culture. I had a lot of respect for everyone I worked with. Two of my former superiors wrote my recommendation letters for business school and I went to a top program after I left the company.
Great Learning Experience
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work would include me listening to the morning conference call and summarizing the information for my supervisor in order to inform the clients about their stock holdings. I would also attend meetings with companies who were trying to pitch their stock to potential investors.
Pros
Learned about an industry i had little knowlege about and grew to be very interested in
Cons
Early Hours
Finance for Builders
Builder Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with all the people in the Credit Department such as the Credit Analysts. The level of responsibility was good and I gained a good deal of experience. I did not care much for one supervisor who did not do his job because he was too busy trying to micromanage everyone for no reason.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Politics
Good atmosphere with hard working, long term employees
Administrative Assistant with Paralegal Duties (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 29, 2016
Enjoyed the fast pace and working with people of long standing respect in the community. Go getters, smart, educated and fast pace. From start to finish always something to do to get to the transactional closing.
Pros
exciting work and healthy environment
Cons
big regulatory transitions but kept up!
International bank based in canada focused on efficiency and cost containment
Associate Director (Finance Manager) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Good company, management is not all on the same page. job security is an issue at this company. They constantly move positions from the USA back to Canada.
Pros
job culture
Cons
too many layoffs
Very nice people to work with on a daily basis.
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 17, 2016
Enjoyed coming to work. I like to keep busy and help other employees if need be. I enjoy talking to client on the phone and developing a personal relationship with them.
round table job
KYC/Transaction monitoring (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 31, 2016
Interesting place to work, very knowledgeable co workers. diversified cultured workers. Management uses there skills and expertise to assist in getting the job done.
Stessful
Wire Operator/ Administrative Asst. (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2016
like working here because the days seem to go by fast. This was a very high stressful Job because it was about the stock market and other people money.
financial institute
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 17, 2016
Fast pace environment allowing you to cash or deposit your income and providing you with different services to assist you financially
Great Place to work
Treasury Management Client Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 22, 2015
Great work life balance/ individual professionals are respected. Compensation is feesable. Management seems pretty upbeat and knowledgeable
Pros
WORK LIFE BALANCE / CULTURE / COMPENSATION
Cons
TECHNOLOGY
I really enjoyed working for RBC as a temp
Operations Research Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 22, 2016
Working at RBC was absolutely wonderful in the beginning. Unfortunately, the bank was going under and I was on lay off status. I learned a lot about verification, wage garnishment credit scores, and electronic transactions
Pros
It was a great place to work
Cons
I had an inexperienced manager who was not very honest.
Start up Canadian Bank striving to be big.
Office Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 20, 2015
Adequate company to work for. Was a wonderful place and environment prior to being sold in 2012.

I have learned a great deal from the executives that I support and work with.
Pros
stable work
Cons
Too many extra activities apart for job
Very individualized work environment
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day at work consists of reading all news that will have an impact on the market and follow up on lingering news having a long term impact (possible rate hike this year). Learning is as important in the financial business as your social skills so daily reading and listening are imperative. Management is very hands off requiring each employee to make what they want of their position. Co-workers are professional but depending on work load may be more social then business minded. Hardest part of the job has been advancement because the management team doesn't seem too excited about moving people forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the relationships grown with each client and working to attain their goals. It is very much a team oriented job between the advisor and the client.
Pros
easy work environment
Cons
sometimes too easy of a work environment
Operations
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
Amazing team to work with but difficult to work outside of Head office. Due to the disparity in currency the company's focus is to move jobs back to Toronto to cut expenses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.