RBC Employee Reviews

Great advancement opportunities
Senior Account Transfer, RBC (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2017
RBC takes pride in retaining employees and often looks within their own people when new opportunities arise. Their culture is open and diverse and welcoming.
Pros
Work hard play hard.
Cons
Downtown isn't for everybody
It was fun
Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2017
It was fun. What else to say. It was a long time ago. Barely remember anything about it. Just want to move on because the company does not exist the same as it did at that time.
One of the best places to work in Canada
Commercial Credit Advisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 17, 2017
I have had one of the best experiences working and learning at RBC through varieties of roles and personalities that has taught me more than just my work mandate.
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 16, 2017
Management was the perk! Was appreciative of your work, gave praise when needed. Knowledgeable, kind individual. Support staff were great too! Office was always upbeat, which makes it fund to come to work. Financial Advisers have been there and had full books of business, which kept everyone active. Great place to work !
Pros
Cons
Need more Financial Advisors
Fun and Production Place to Work
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2017
A group of hard working individuals who bind together to form a unified team. Interesting working for a Canadian company while in the United States. d
Pros
pay check
Cons
stressful work environment
good environment
Inventory Management Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
You cannot work in my position because the company is no longer in business after the mortgage crisis. I'm sure RBC has other divisions though. I don't know anything about them.
great place
Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 15, 2017
RBC is a great place to work. Staff is great, it is however a wealth management firm. Great hours and benifits no overtime. Overall very happy to work for them
Engaging, fun and imformative
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Relaxed environment even when working on deadlines. I enjoyed the work I was doing and the people I came in contact with. The areas in network support and the command center were very satisfying. The engineers there would notice good work and commend you promptly on their recognizance. Very inspiring duties and while working in the Inventory department I was highly impressed with the decisions to donate equipment that was to be salvaged. I regret that they were downsizing and I felt the need to seek other employment outside of the banking field.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks, engaging seminars, atomosphere for independant productive work
Cons
higher ups not seeing the importance of the little people
Cut my teeth in the business world
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2017
Enjoyed working with an awesome team in the area of Life Insurance Licensing. Employees treated extremely well. And probably the most top notch management I have ever worked under. I learned alot under at least 3 people (boss,boss,boss). Really enjoyed my time their, and again I was able to learn an awful lot.
Better culture than other banks, but limited growth and development opportunities
Global Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Direct management and leadership are good, but overall strategy and leadership at executive levels is weak. Limited growth opportunities as a result. They want to run before they can walk, trying to progress innovation without core infrastructure required to operate business effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Promotes diversity, relatively flat hierarchy for large organization, transparent, collaborative
Cons
Disconnected senior leadership, unwilling to have difficult conversations, slow to change, lack of developmental programs and feedback
Professional and supportive team environment.
Front office and Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge Island, WAAugust 29, 2017
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I left because I beame pregnant with twins. Opportunities for advancement. RBC was willing to pay for my Series 7 license so, I could advance into a broker position.
Excellent place to work
Technical Support Analyst L2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
RBC was a great place to work until my branch was closed. I got along with all my co-workers and management. I was given a couple of promotions during my time at RBC.
Underqualified Employee
Temporary Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 16, 2017
I was hired without knowing the job. Continuous conversations regarding IRA only made me think of Irish Republican Army. I was not qualified for this position and fully support being fired
na
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 15, 2017
This job has a good work/life balance with competitive pay and provides all the tools to grow and develop within the company along with providing networking opportunities with vendors.
Worst place ever
Vice President, Fixed Income & Currencies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
They think they're the "Goldman Sachs of Canada". That might be true in Canada, but this US office is the pits. Management doesn't care, cut-throat culture, minorities and women are overlooked, people simply don't care. It's just a paycheck (uncompetitive paycheck, by the way).
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
It's just a paycheck
rules
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 29, 2017
Working at the bank is all about client interaction. I had to help clients everyday for their transactions. The workplace culture is very strict. They are many rules that we need to follow.
Great Exposure internship!
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with RBC last summer. I met a lot of people who were wiling to help me learn what life as a wealth manager would look like. I got a really good in depth feel of the company and the job.
Productive work place
Senior KYC/Cross Borders Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 24, 2017
At typical work day is very busy. I switch between tasks for cross border and kyc. This is very good because it allows me the chance to learn a lot about the AML industry.
Pros
The culture is great
Cons
my department is currently understaffed
Great people, but stubborn management
Service Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 20, 2017
Great people, but stubborn management as there is often directives passed down from the executive levels that are not thoroughly thought out. The options for advancements are as rare as a dinosaur .
wrong place to work
Senior Loan Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2017
the worst place i ever work, bad management, bad benefits and over went out of business in usa for no reason, and with no consideration to the loyal people who work for many years with them
Pros
Cons
a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.