RBC Employee Reviews in United States

Customer service focused work force with genuine concern for customer needs
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 5, 2015
Greeting customers, accessing customer needs, and effectively ensuring that satisfaction is given through orchestration of bank policy and procedures.
Pros
Advancement, healthcare, Skill enhancement availablility
Cons
Constant awareness, security, location
Rbc
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 16, 2015
The teller is the first and the last person you see when you are at a bank, making customer relationships is "key: because customers are trusting you with their money and the advice you give them is very important.

Our duties of a teller: receive and count cash
Validate customers ID's
Prepare cashiers checks, issue travelers checks
Order foreign currency, order checks and debit cards
attempt to resolve issues and problems with customers accounts
Explain, advise and promote all bank products
Pros
9-5 and no weekends
Customer experience was paramount
Bank Center Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 10, 2015
Management provided all the tools necessary to provide the customer the satisfaction of the great array of product line. This concept allowed specialist to provide great serve for the customer base.
Receptionist/Operations
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
My day would consist of welcoming clients into the office, ordering all supplies, and doing the bank deposit. I would also work with all the vendors that would come in and out and change vendors if needed.
Nice company to work for.
Senior File Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
My day would include reviewing files & putting
files together to be shipped off. Co-workers were
mostly friendly to work with for the most part.
Nice manager.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not stable
Rbc centura gave me the chance to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  HENDERSONApril 27, 2015
Great place to work, my co-workers and customers were like my family, and we looked out for each other. We had a great time working together and promoting different events in the community
Pros
GAVE ME A CHANCE TO ADVANCE, BENEFITS
Cons
HAD TO LEAVE
Fun work place
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed the environment and people I worked with. They made it real easy to want to go to work each day. Also they did training in a unique way so that it was not intimidating, yet it was fun as well.
Great People Great Company
AD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
RBC is a great company they pay well and people are really smart and nice. It feels like every one has the same goal, provide great service for our costumer and enhance share holder value by working as one cohesive unite.
The only con is work life balance is not the best (working long hours and weekends sometimes)
Pros
people, compensation and benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great Place to work
Treasury Management Client Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 22, 2015
Great work life balance/ individual professionals are respected. Compensation is feesable. Management seems pretty upbeat and knowledgeable
Pros
WORK LIFE BALANCE / CULTURE / COMPENSATION
Cons
TECHNOLOGY
Great company to work for
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlDecember 5, 2014
Managed a group of 13 branches across the Orlando Florida market area. Tasked with making sure that the management team adhered to an aggressive business to business sales culture while delivering an exceptional client experience. Monthly reviews of the individual P & L's of my branch network to ensure expense control and target to plan. HIring, coaching and development of branch managers to include field and branch inspections on a weekly basis.
Very individualized work environment
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day at work consists of reading all news that will have an impact on the market and follow up on lingering news having a long term impact (possible rate hike this year). Learning is as important in the financial business as your social skills so daily reading and listening are imperative. Management is very hands off requiring each employee to make what they want of their position. Co-workers are professional but depending on work load may be more social then business minded. Hardest part of the job has been advancement because the management team doesn't seem too excited about moving people forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is easily the relationships grown with each client and working to attain their goals. It is very much a team oriented job between the advisor and the client.
Pros
easy work environment
Cons
sometimes too easy of a work environment
Difficult environment
Director, Central Funding Group Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I worked at RBC during a very difficult environment for our market due to all of the new rules and regulations. I was very effective in building out their institutional sales reach but unfortunately fell victim to consolidation and was let go.
busy day to day banking institution
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 11, 2015
this was a routine job with great co workers. management had a very high turn over rate though causing some issues and tension when it
came to sales goals and in-house rules. upper management very
strict on dress code including whether or not you wear make up and how you fixed your hair. for example, pony tails were not allowed.
Decent company with fairly good benefits
Supervisor - Technology & Operations (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2015
RBC is a decent copany with generally good benefits. However leaves little room for advancement of T&O business lines unless they are willing to move to Toronto.
Productive, conservative, fun workplace with a great view of Key Biscayne
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was displaying great customer service and social skills to our clients, answering phones with multiple lines, assisting managers with specific projects, scheduling appointments for conferences, setting up and cleaning up before and after conferences, creating pamphlets for new accounts, reviewing all new opened account information. I learned how to speak different languages, different types of investment and corporation bank accounts, and how important it is to fill out the forms for the IRS and make sure everything is correct. My co-workers were upright, nice, friendly, helpful, and had well knowledge with training me as a new comer. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy the client. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy a client.
Good company to work for
General Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2015
I supervise the mailroom and ensure all correspondence are properly mailed . i also handle all the office needs by contacting building management for adjustment of ac temperature , light bulbs replacement .... etc Typical day is answering complaints from the staff ,
Great Teller Job
Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
I worked as a Service Representative III. This was my first banking job. I had the opportunity to learn what's involved in the "banking" field and what was expected of me as a teller. I was given the opportunity to work as a "Vault Custodian" I was responsible for making sure the vault balanced daily, handled night drop deposits, ordering and shipping coin/currency.

The hardest part of my job was taking a branch location that was failing in the "bottom 3" locations in compliance standards and brought it to the #2 location in the state! During this experience, I was given the "teller line" as my main job to get it back in shape. This gave me the opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills to the best of my ability while working with a excellent staff and great customers to service! Completing this responsibility was very rewarding!
Pros
learned a lot in banking. awesome staff
Cons
bad location
Don't work here
Complex Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 6, 2015
After RBC bought out my previous employer, I worked my fingers to the bone and pushed myself to my own personal limits for 5 years straight.
I did whatever was asked of me (Including getting Federally Registered and running my Offices cage at the same time by myself for 3 months, doing 2 Managers jobs at once) while working plenty of unpaid overtime for next to nothing. I won a Monthly and Annual Award of Excellence for 2013 which hasn't been accomplished by someone with my job title in the history of the company.

After all of my accomplishments, I was passed over for the Management position I had earned (which I was offered and I had accepted) for someone who was highly under qualified and ultimately fired for speaking up for myself in my annual review.

You will be overworked, underpaid and a victim of the "Glass Ceiling"

I learned that going above and beyond means nothing but free labor and compliments don't equate to any sort of compensation when it's time to pay bills.
Pros
Good co workers aside from Management, Free Lunch Tuesdays, Gym in the basement
Cons
Management, Office Politics, Little reward for lots of labor, little job security
RBC was a company that provided me a great opportunity for work life balance.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2014
There really was no typical day at work as is common in an administrative role as one needs to be very flexible and adaptable to change as current events can change the whole day.
I learned a great deal about the clearing business and how my role played a part in creating a successful client experience.
Company management was very knowledgeable and very hands on with the day to day business.
Everyone at RBC Correspondent & Advisor Services worked very hard and accomplished a great deal with minimal number of staff.
I enjoyed the diversity that the job provided. I had the opportunity to work closely with both internal and external clients in resolving problems for our clients.
Great team, Long hours, Repetitive work.
Production (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2015
I took stacks of pamphlets off the line and put them in boxes. The machines were too loud to really talk to anyone so it was quiet and 9-10 hour days. But the crew was very friendly and my manager was great to work for.
Pros
well stocked kitchen, great team.
Cons
lonely, repetitive work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.