RBC Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment.
Sr. VP - Investments (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with my clients and prospects.
Reasonable commission schedule.
Nice office and location.
Office closed due to lack of recruiting on part off management.
Pros
My time was my own.
Cons
Poor management. Unable to keep office filled, due to lack of recruiting and retention.
Very good place to start a career.
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
Royal Bank of Canada offered a professional and comfortable work atmosphere. Salary and compensation levels were competitive. Personal were very Team orientated.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
placed to much focus on New York, and did not show much interest in Chicago towards the end of my employment
Overall ok bank but dragged down by lower level management and group culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
Very comparable in terms of compensation and work-life balance with the bulge bracket banks, but still lacks top exit opps. Culture and management varies widely between different groups. Great place to learn a lot.
RBC Review
Trading Assistant, MBS Analyst (Former Employee) –  NassauNovember 3, 2016
RBC was a great company to work for that allow for growth and personal development. I worked my way up from middle office to front office
Pros
growth
Cons
RBC has been increasing its U.S profile. It is a sound financial institution
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2016
Royal Bank of Canada is a very sound financial institution. I worked for the Bank for 10 years in the Futures division located in Chicago. They are very responsible to there employees and create a comfortable work environment.
Pros
Salaries and support
Cons
politics
Open and inclusive culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 30, 2016
It's fun and rewarding to work for RBC. The culture is open and inclusive. Senior management communicates and keep employees informed about the direction and strategies of the firm.
Life of working at RBC
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2016
RBC is a good company to work for. The benefits are good, the pay is competitive. You do want to make sure that if you pick a career path (operations over business line) that you stick with it however. Once you get too high up in one or the other it is hard to switch over.
RBS is a good firm
Cash Equity Trade Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 12, 2016
I worked within the trade support team for just over 7 months on a contract role. The role support the equity sales traders. I was located in London..
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of exposure
Decent place to work.
Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2016
I have worked here for 14 years and have found that the culture has increasingly become very toxic. That being said the benefits are good and there is a decent amount of job security.
Very supportive management culture, technology lacking
Technical Team Lead, Margins (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 8, 2016
RBC works hard to provide affordable competitive benefits. However, they determine employee salary by analyzing industry averages and meeting, not exceeding, the average.
RBC employee
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2016
RBC is a terrific company to work for and love that there are options for growth if you are willing to make changes. Just like any company there are differences in opinion and management but overall this company is good to work for long term.
Good team atmosphere
Client service advisor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 11, 2016
Excellent leadership.Learned about banking.Excellent training.One of the best companies that I have worked for.They give you all the tools to be sucessful
People are great and they many Volunteer activities
Syndicate Specialist Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
My day begins with updating reports, checking for errors and preparing for closing calls. The rest of my day is all about making sure all deadlines are met. Towards the end of the day we make sure that all account are balanced and if we have to assist each other to get issue that demand urgent solutions.
Pros
Cross training in other departments
Cons
Moving up or into other positions are tuff
Typical investment bank
Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Lots of hours for little outcome. Depending on the group you could work on some M&A deals but mostly you will be pitching a lot
Nice Place
Customer Service Specialist/Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2016
This company is a small but nice place to work at, They show appreciation. The contribute to your success. You really work as a team to in a good way.
Pros
Nice Place
Admin Assistant/Team player
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Support 40+ executives with a variety of requests including travel, creating presentations/org charts, answering phones, faxing/copying,
Very nice people to work with on a daily basis.
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 17, 2016
Enjoyed coming to work. I like to keep busy and help other employees if need be. I enjoy talking to client on the phone and developing a personal relationship with them.
Amazing Workplace
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Great intern projects and responsibilities. Company and people really care about your professional growth. Good work/life balance is actually something that is stressed on employees, depending which department you are in but overall it's the company's culture. Really great people to work with especially within the Project Delivery Office (PDO). I would love to come back and work here full time.
Stessful
Wire Operator/ Administrative Asst. (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2016
like working here because the days seem to go by fast. This was a very high stressful Job because it was about the stock market and other people money.
round table job
KYC/Transaction monitoring (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 31, 2016
Interesting place to work, very knowledgeable co workers. diversified cultured workers. Management uses there skills and expertise to assist in getting the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.