RC Willey Employee Reviews

Childish and dramatic
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 18, 2017
Everyone always wants to be in everyone's business and even the management acts like children. HR acts as if she is the reason the company is in business and walks around as if she is just that. Definitely wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
This is a great productive, upbeat and lively workplace
Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 3, 2017
Working in the office portion of RCwilley is great, it is fast paced, productive and also relaxed at times, it all depends if we are busy. Theyvare very nice there the managers and associates
Very good and honest company. Enables you to take good care of customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 10, 2017
My position is full commission, but it is easy to make sure my customers are well cared for. The company will work tirelessly with its associates to ensure that every customer is satisfied. Very good management and a solid lineup of product makes it easy to succeed.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. I'll make sure to pass it on to our management.

Always busy
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 10, 2017
I always enjoyed my work at RC Willey. It was usually fast paced and work usually found me as i was always needed due to my ability to assist in a variety of warehouse functions.
August 14, 2017

It is constantly busy but fun. You can play basketball, pool,and ping pong on breaks.
Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 20, 2017
It is a good job but very busy. You work every Holliday except thanksgiving and Christmas and a lot of weekends. The job definetly keeps you busy and in shape though.
Pros
Good company with good benefits and work environment .
Cons
Had to work every holliday, most weekends
July 25, 2017

its productive and fun work place.
ware house tugger (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 17, 2017
my overall review about rc willey is that its a good furniture warehouse good products employees are nice. fun work inviorment . my overall experience was good.
Good place to work, good people, good pay.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at RC Willey was just moving furniture pieces to their respective places. I learned how to be quick and efficient. The workplace culture can be a bit crazy, and swearing is frequent. Management works with you and your needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break times, where you have access to a basketball court, a racquetball court, and a lounge.
Pros
nice break room, you can always have overtime.
Cons
overtime can be forced on you, lots of rough guys and swearing.

Disorganized
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2017
Management is based on buddy system. Management doesn’t have a clue. Pay is poor. Benefits are a little expensive. No promotion opportunities. Only care about the money and not the workers.
They do not fire you, they force you to quit
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2017
I suffered an injury performing the normal functions of the job, i was out for 6 weeks for recovery but not fully healed and was not 100% and was being forced to do work against my restrictions.
Store VS Company
Clearance Furniture Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJune 9, 2017
As far as the company goes they are really good. I liked working for the company. The store I was in was a different matter. There was a constant division between main floor and clearance center furniture sales reps. Main floor reps did not like the fact that they could not sell back in clearance and would do almost anything they could to keep from bringing customers back into our section. Clearance center reps would do what they could to meet the needs of the customers but once the customer would leave the clearance and center and go to the main floor, the sales was then over and clearance center reps had to turn the customer over to a main floor rep. Also, for special sales like the "parking lot sale" or the "special clearance sale" main floor reps would be allowed to sell back in clearance for those days only, but clearance center reps would not be allowed to sell on the main floor. In my opinion, if the floor is open, then make it open both ways.
Pros
The office staff was great to work with
Cons
Some, not all, but some of the main floor reps were not good to work with.

Great pay
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
It's a job you get to pay off bills. Not really a career choice. The work takes a toll on your body after a while. You work 6 days a week and have to work overtime almost every day. But the overtime opportunities are the great thing about it.
Pros
pay
Cons
working 6 days a week

Decent place to work.
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 31, 2017
For the most part, everyone is nice! Management is well. Only downside is the schedule. Which still isn't that bad. This place does however feel like a second home.
Pros
Relaxing, but keeps you busy, flexible
Cons
Schedule, can feel like highschool (depends)

it was ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 21, 2017
the hardest part of the job was the constant heavy lifting. Management needed a lot of work. It was a fun place to work not to many rules and the pay wasn't bad
Pros
provided health care 3 brakes
Cons
HEAVY lifting
course environment but secure job
Receiving Crew (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2017
Course environment, most people are disrespectful and crude. However the hours are good, and I get along with my manager. the pay is fair for the type of work I am required to do.
Pros
stable work
Cons
course uninviting atmosphere
Smaller Warhouse thats very relaxed.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMay 9, 2017
Very Good place to work if you a to school. Very relaxed and able to do your homework there. The Job is easy and easy to learn. You get to meet a lot of different people as well .
Pros
Can do homework. Good Enviremant
Cons
Deal with Customers bad attitude sometimes.
May 19, 2017

High speed, high engagement
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTMay 4, 2017
Fun workplace with good management that worked along side employees. No real career path through the warehouses, requiring decades of work to get even a management position.
Pros
good work place
Cons
no room for advancement
Poor Work Conditions
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 1, 2017
I worked in RC Willey's Distribution center stocking and pulling furniture for transit and customer pick ups. Your performance (how fast you stock items) is strictly measured with no compensation for bathroom breaks. I soon that the top employees/stockers were peeing in bottles to avoid taking a hit in their score to use the bathroom during their shift. I complained to HR, but all management had to say is "stop peeing in bottles"
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
low pay, poor work conditions
always learning
Returns Associate/ warehouse (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 24, 2017
Always had something to do and always grew within the company. great people to work with fun environment always felt like family. Opportunities to move with in the company and try and learn new jobs.
Pros
Can alwasy move up
Cons
working around holidays

Great Place to work with high earning potential. High hours
Will Call & Furniture Display Crew (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 17, 2017
overall a good place to work. Commission sales are great and come with any challenges as in other commission jobs. Earning potential is good depending on how hard you work. Management is good, not great. Sometimes you work long hours and you work most holidays, but in turn they are great days to earn money.
Benefits are so so there, not the best. No tuition reimbursement for students.
Fellow Employees
sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 13, 2017
Fellow employees do not want you to succeed. They undermine your efforts. If you are successful you are not popular. This existing employees blame their lack of sales on you, and make up stuff to report you for.
Pros
nice place
Cons
fellow employees and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RC Willey. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval