RC Willey

RC Willey Employer Reviews

Fun work place but poor managment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 1, 2014
I really enjoyed working for RC Willey and I really wanted to move up
as far as I wanted in the company as I do in any company but the
manager I had was not an easy one to work with. She was new to being the boss and she liked to micromanage and it was difficult for
everyone to get along with her.
good starting job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Roseville, CANovember 8, 2014
This is a great first job out of high school to get the feel for the warehouse work and environment.
Amazing place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 10, 2014
It was a roller coaster ride working there. Management is the worst there. I worked with many amazing people through out the time and worked with the worst at times.
pleasing work ethic with fellow associates
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: able to work independently and enjoy the workmanship of honest work
Cons: expectations are an erranacy
The opportunity itself to work is amazing but to work and receive disrespectful remarks frustrate the work environment especially when we ourselves already do not have a voice that one cannot contend with authorities above me and others.
Productive and good environment.
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas NV,September 2, 2014
Pros: free environment, far as work space, interacting with co-workers, etc.
Cons: more structure, when your schedule to work, what days you have off.
duties included reviewing manifest, verifying all product and materials, getting assignment, driving, truck maintenance and inspection. management was good some days some days not so good. So many co-workers that you were able to associate yourself with the ones you were around during certain points of the day or when you were in the warehouse working. hardest part of the day is always the ending your winding down to the last delivery and your trying to stay the course and thats speeding up the process but at the same time not to damage material and customers product and or at times hoping you don't have to do a build out thats putting together customers furniture and king size beds at the end of the day.enjoyable part of the day is heading back to the shop with truck empty and complete knowing that your getting paid for every piece you delivered. knowing that you did your job to your capabilities and that you and your partner was not injured.
Fun Place with excellent training
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: during training from the venders they bring free food
excellent job. Management works well with the employees on keeping them updated on product knowledge to inform customers an train customers on new products an upcoming sales. Excellent benefits. Co workers work with each other as a team to make sure our customers are taken care with satisfaction.Customers are our no.1 goal. If we didnt make sure we have good customer relations we would not have return customers,
Rcwilley definitely takes good care of the customer an employees
fun place to work
Billing Representative (Former Employee), South Salt Lake, UTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: lovely people
Cons: short hours
loved working here
made many friends
terrific work community
Great coworkers and managers to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJune 24, 2014
As long as you strive to do the best job you can at this company you will have a forever job. The managers and coworkers feel like friends and family. Going to work every day is an enjoyment.
Good hours and good scheduling
display team member/Sales (Former Employee), Henderson NVMay 22, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: the work enviornment was crowded
The company had many ups when I moved into sales. It was a commission based workplace so had the potential to make as much money as desired.
Prepare to be over worked.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2014
Pros: discounts, co workers
Cons: insurance, you have no life, non consecutive days off. pep
As a former employee I worked here for 6 months Christmas time we all expect it to be busy but we weren't expecting it to be busy until April warehouse workers work 6 days for most of Christmas time they told us by middle of January things typically calm down. They didn't calm down when I quit we were still on six days and it was April. We don't ever really get out on time we are suppose to leave at 4 but usually it is 430 5pm because of heavy stock loads. It feels like they don't value your time. They have a system called Pep you are basically timed the whole day of how long to stock a load and pull items. It rather is unfair if you have a lift that is faster than others your pep will be higher. Rather than give you days off for seniority pep is what decides that whoever has the highest from down gets to choose there days off. The pros are management will usually give you the day off if you request it. Co workers are awesome fun people that work hard I didn't know there names for 2 months because pep makes you work all day so you can't talk without losing percentage. The discounts are good on couches and mattresses and wood items. The insurance premiums are ungodly hopefully you don't get sick. Overall this is a good company there is a lot of turnover so you will probably find a job here.
Average retail environment.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, IDFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: really short lunch and breaks even on long days.
I just worked in the cashier and customer service counter. It wasn't much different from any other retail job.
Fun And calm work envirorment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for RC Willie's during the years i was with them and learned allot from them.
Great job for entry level sales associates
Sales (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: schedule, discounts
Cons: salary, atmosphere, lower end products
This was a good company to work for. Being closed on Sundays was a huge plus. Allows quality family time. Management typically there to help you with questions and/or training. The problem with this company, as with most commissioned companies, was that they seem to have gone downhill about caring about the employees way of life. Every year there is a focus to hire more and more sales people. Even when most businesses are downsizing or maintaining staff, they seem to think that doubling the staff is the way to go. Considering each new employee takes money out of your pocket. Salary was drastically reduced each year. And with the increase of employees comes the battle on the sales floor. no longer a fun place to work. Everyone has to be out for themselves to try to make money. This is a great job for people just starting a sales career, but not those looking to advance or continue a sales career
Social atmosphere that encouraged an enjoyably productive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great team to work with, fun and fast paced, .
Cons: 12+ hour days not uncommon, very demanding physically.
Arrived at the docks by 5:30 am to load up, once the truck was loaded, we began deliveries until finished. Our deliveries included furniture, electronics, and household appliances. All deliveries included free installation. Once transferred to Sales, my experience drastically improved. Much less demanding physically, regular hours, and spectacular management and coworkers.
Daily Routine
Senior Office Associate (Current Employee), Murray, UtNovember 7, 2013
Pros: none at this time
Cons: listed some above
I have been with RC Willey for 3 years now and only make $10.20 per hour. For as big as a company as they are it is pretty demeaning to only be making this amount. I am currently supporting myself and get by from paycheck to paycheck. I would be interested in getting out of retail and pursuing like an office job that has more regular hours and not have to work every Saturday so there is a little more family time.

The co-workers are great to work with but we are always short handed in the office so the atmosphere is not the best on a daily basis. We are currently covering 5 positions outside of the office which makes it difficult to give quality customer service.
A huge Joke
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2013
Pros: a pool table you can play for 5 min a day
Cons: no breaks, lack of managment, underpaid, treated terrible, poor insurance
Worst place to work on earth, HUGE lack of managment, managers acted like a bunch of 5 year old's, constantly playing jokes on eachother and running around the cubicles all day. Then while your busting your but trying to get work done they would come down and talk down to you and micro manage you. I was called into a managers office for speaking my mind and she told me I was a horrible employee and was going nowhere in life and I should be greatful for a job like that....yeah right.
Good place to woek
Customer service/warehouse (Current Employee), Nampa, IDJune 15, 2013
Pros: sometimes having weekends off
Cons: some areas deserve better pay for the work they do
There are great people working at RC Willey, one of the best jobs i have had. The workload is just like any other job it goes up and goes down but overall its a nice and steady work environment.
It's sales you and 40 plus others try to make a living
Sales (Current Employee), Henderson, NVApril 9, 2013
Pros: some stores good people
Cons: 100% commision
Some stores are worse then others. As far as pay goes you earn every penny here and if your willing to work hard and extra hours you can do ok. Put in min effort and I promise min check
Great Company that values family
Furniture Sales (Current Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches on holidays, great atmosphere
Cons: premiums for insurance
For retail, on the sales level, this is a great job. Sundays off, and they are fairly flexible with your schedule. It is 100% commission so you are really in control of your pay. If you work hard, you get compensated better. The insurance isn't the greatest, but the company does contribute to a health savings account for you and/or family and they do a company match for your 401k. Management is pretty laid back and great to work with, however, advancement is tough.
This company used to take care of their sales employees. Commission and bonuses decrease annually.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orem UtahFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: you work five days a week(usually), have 2 days off one weekday sundays closed, paid vacation. 401k, health insurance, they pay income twice a month on time always, employee purchase discounts available after a year, you are trained on product plenty, can make good money some months.
Cons: see review
RC Willey used to be more for the employees than it is now. They would close at 7pm on Saturdays it's 9pm now. They would close on the 4th of July AND Pioneer day (July 24th). Now they are open for both those holidays. There were Product Dealer spiffs and other perks from furniture and appliance and electronic companies for the sales people, but those were taken away. It used to be a fun place to work, now there is way more stress and most sales people are disgruntled.

To meet your sales standards, you may have to work more than 5 days a week(company pressure). That causes contention on the sales floor (entitlement issues). Promotion is near ZERO. Extra spiffs were taken away so that RC Willey could keep more money for better deals from the manufacturers.Corporate managers try very hard to impress the billionaire that owns RC Willey, by trimming and trimming money from employees etc. Health insurance is ONLY Catastrophic. It takes 3k-6k/year out of your pocket before the insurance covers medical. There is plenty nepotism in RC Willey also. It's mostly in the corp offices. But, some store level managers are managers because of family connections. Open for ALL holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
There are too many meetings. Most meetings are useless and unproductive, some help. Had a 15-45 min meeting EVERY DAY before going out on the sales floor to sell . Not paid a penny for product trainings. Some trainings can take 1-5 hours of your time. They are mandatory. Extended warranty sales is VERY IMPORTANT to RC Willey, its pure profit mostly. The reason is because they – more... don't use it to repair product as much as one would think. So,it is used to pay your commissions.The percentage that is required to be sold, equals about the same amount of commission you average with your sales. So, they want to use that pure profit to pay you and keep all the profit from the product sales.Warranty standards are HIGHLY enforced.They do repair and replace for some issues of course. GOOD LUCK if you work there. It is difficult to get established when you start.The "old Timers" will do their best to make you miserable so you don't want to be there. Turnover is worse than ever before. Every time a new associate would start there, they would be gone to a different job within 6 months to a year. Stores Managers don't have a clue quite often.
Sales managers should be good sales people firstly, but most aren't. So, they become managers. So , there is a conflict there. – less

About RC Willey

R.C. Willey Home Furnishings does its best to be top dog. The company drives traffic by giving away some 600,000 hot dogs a year – Read more