RCH CABLE Employee Reviews

it was good at first
Disconnect Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 31, 2017
it was good at first then was hard to get work on time and recieve the equipment you need to do the job no security and i was robbed on the job with no concern from the company
Very professional very easy-going laid-back and fun to work for
Feel customer rep (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VirginiaJune 27, 2017
I work 5 days a week I learned a lot from a job from being patient understanding be a very good listener and become very patient with customers people and coworkers one of my hardest part of the job is just dealing with customers that's very high rate and don't have any patient and that's why I'm there to calm situation down and fulfill my job by completing it properly the most enjoyable time at my job it's just going because the very relaxed fun and understanding supervisor and I like working with my coworkers
good place to work as part time job
Comcast Contractor (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJune 12, 2017
Able to work with the public in collecting equipment and saving customer with a past due payment. Hardest part is dealing with some customers who are fed up with Comcast. Most enjoyable part is when you get a chance to save a customer and get their service restored.
Pros
Getting to meet some very interesting people.
Cons
constant cut in pay over the last two years
Was a nice place to work before they lost there contract with time warner cable
Collection/Disconnect Technician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29579May 27, 2017
Would pickup work orders at office and drive to customers house to meet face to face, Very little training you just learn as you go along, Supervisor was always leaving or getting to work late due to family problems, That was that hard part of the job, The best part of the job was meeting the customers.
Pros
Working Outside
Cons
Supervisor and her family problems
Not the best experience
Admin/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 21, 2017
Lack of management supervision allowed for a lot of slacking off on the job from various employees. Not the best experience. The job wasn't difficult but lack of structure left much to be desired.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work was signing on all the systems and begin answering the phones. I learned a lot of professionalism at this job. Management had ups and downs but what office doesn't. The hardest was getting others to do their job and not put only on one one person. I enjoyed when we had lunch bought for the office.
Pros
Taken out for Christmas
Cons
Working alone and closing at night
Management that cant stick
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 12, 2017
This is one of the more embarrassing employments of my career. Although my commission based pay was suitable for the work I was doing, The upper management in this company is a complete mess! With the overwhelming constant turnover of staff members, I am surprised this company has managed to stay in business.
Pros
Commision based pay
Cons
management
Easy job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 2, 2017
Simple work that anyone can do and easy money to make. Answering phones and assisting techs and customers is very simple. You don't have to know alot to work here.
awful company that hires awful people
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 27, 2017
This company hires anyone who will apply. Their standards are dangerously low. Beware of this company. They allow all sorts of nefarious tactics and refuse to handle customer complaints in any way.
Direct Sales Opportunity
Sr. Project Manager Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Responsible for working assigned territory to have face to face interactions with potential customers for the sole purpose of selling Cable TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital phone services.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Self-Employed
Cons
1099 Contractor
Unorganized...
Still don't know (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 4, 2016
Well, sadly I didn't even start yet. The hiring process is a joke. Found the job on Craigslist. Guy hiring me was never prepared, only got one shirt that was the wrong size. No good benefits. Cheap car magnet for a sign. Filed all necessary paperwork and was told I hadn't completed it.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, sketchy, no guaranteed pay, own vehicle, no fuel or mileage pay
High end income
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, NJJuly 6, 2016
A typical day would start in a hotel room to circulate territory if needed.Take last night's orders to the cable operator.Resolve any issues.Do invoice once a week to Cable operator. Submit payroll for crew (4 to 22 salesmen) to RCH office once per week.Resolve crew's issues in the field.collect sales orders at end of day.
Pros
Practically unlimited income(with-in reason)
Cons
travel, sometimes months at a time
Sucks
Contractor (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 5, 2016
Very stressful at time because of management and their egos. You work hard and for the company and receive absolutely no rewards in return for your loyalties. The pay isn't ever steady and your management controls your rate of pay. The majority are singled out for unnecessary and ignorant reason so. The applications used for work neve seem to work right and you are constantly blamed for their applications not working. The only good thing about working here's was you set your own hours. And even then management tried to dictatehow and when you worked. Overall the worst place to work by far.
Great~
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 2, 2016
this was the best place to work each day was easy and fun. you got lunch on the company. the people were lovely. there were many of them! very fun and easy place to work.
Pros
free lunch great money
working on my own schedule very flexable.
Retention specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Following up with current customers who are behind on there account, collecting payment or equipment, doing turn offs of service. Driving around town from house to house.
Independant
Independent Sales Contractor - Las Vegas, NV (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2015
Total insanity. You get to live for free, work for turf without leads, or decent offers. Paid training is a joke, as any pay is reliant upon selling antiquated cable services that most customers gave up long before you knocked on their door.
Pros
When the sun shines, it's your lucky day. Everyone is in a great mood because this is not their only source of income.
Cons
You pay for your fuel, your meals, your decision to remain with this company.
Productive in time management, as well as fun.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 1, 2015
I learned in this atmosphere, the importance of being a great person when it comes to collections of any sort. You have to be considerate and understanding of others struggles even in collections. I not only understand, but I was able to comfort clients with ease when it came to billing in their struggle in which made me feel great as an individual.
Pros
Meeting new customers daily.
Cons
Short breaks.
Only worked here because I couldn't get anything else.
Administration (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 16, 2015
Office work with this company is terrible. To start they hired almost anyone. Throw new people in expecting results. Lots of miscommunication, changed minds on policies and rules frequently then punish people for not following them immediately and immaculately.

Good behavior, hard work and going above and beyond isn't rewarded in any way. They have unrealistic views on how much should be completed in a work day. I've seen people work through their lunch hours or clock out and continue working for hours after just so they don't get sat down and talked to or written warnings or yet another threat of termination.

No real incentives to stay with this job unless your a masochist and enjoy the stress and constant threat of being fired.
Pros
Well, supposedly there's benefits... I haven't been offered any.
Cons
No pto, no vacation(paid or unpaid), no sick pay, no proper management, no holiday pay, no bonuses.
Not for everyone, but great if you can hack it.
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2015
Pay based on actual results; work more, make more. You will beat up your vehicle, but if you work enough the pay equalizes the cost.

Great place for former sales, or retirees who don't mind going door to door for extra money
Pros
Great pay, great people, create your own schedule
Cons
Use your own vehicle to work, bugging people about bills they let go.
Great Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 12, 2015
Assisted in training new employees and current employees of new safety policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
Maintained staffing and training for a collections/retention team.