RCH CABLE Employee Reviews

Laid Back Environment
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Oxford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: set your own schedule. work at your own pace.
Cons: no benefits. low checks.
one of the more easier jobs i've ever had. its a laid back environment but your paycheck will reflect that as well. you are able to make a good amount of money doing the work here although it will require you working 6-7 days per week and long hours.
Very Busy
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 29, 2015
Pros: worked independently
Cons: used my pesonal vehicle
My job was to ensure cox cable customers were up to date on their recent cable bills, also collected digital equipment and returned to warehouse .
Good paying job, Nobody bothers you
Contractor (Former Employee), North Las VegasApril 29, 2015
Got to manage my time. Could finish my jobs early in the week if possible. Dangerous job at times. I got to learn how to communicate better with angry customers. I learned how to use a ladder and climb up a pole. Learned how to manage my time and how to organize my jobs so they would be completed on time. A day at work would consist of driving to address and knocking at the door and asking for the person under the job name. Also had to ask if payment for the bill is possible and if not disconnection at the tap or pole
Great Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: healthcare
I learned a lot of skills in the project management field that became transferable to other industry. Prepared me to have a career in project management.
Cable
Sub-Contractor for Mediacom (Current Employee), Orange BeachMarch 1, 2015
Driving a lot.... Always working even while I'm at home. The hardest part is putting to many miles on my vehicle. A typical day at work is driving around all day.
Great while it lasted.
AREA RETENTION MANAGER (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 14, 2015
They lost their contract With Charter, and that ended my employment. Was a good work/life balance and the pay slowing decreased.
RCH Cable Employment Review
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCFebruary 4, 2015
No opportunities for advancement and compensation rate is low considering you are using your own vehicle, gasoline, you must purchase a ladder from the company and purchase a ladder rack as well. You do not get reimbursed nor do you get paid for your vehicle mileage.
Single Self Motivated With Sales Experience Best Job
Office Lead (Current Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: own boss, excellent pay; set your own hours
Cons: use your own car, no gas comp, no benefits
If you are a single self motivated individual with cellphone and car then this job is the one for you. If you don't have a car don't waste your time.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Arvada, CONovember 6, 2014
Cons: no benefits and very unstable work enviroment
After working at rch for 7 years, weeks of working 50+ hours with never calling in and occasional verbal abuse from the supervisor they said they were laying me off and they never did they kept me on payroll for 2months after
I was always on the go.
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 30, 2014
I loved the atmosphere, the people I worked with and the opportunities I had with them.
Your on boss.
disco tech (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: not enough money in it.
Collect funds and climb poles.
Lots of paper work. You would have to copy the same info over and over again.
Catering
Customer Service/Collection/Cable Tech (Former Employee), Arvada, COMarch 14, 2014
I had to set-up for a big event , serve the client there meals,etc . That were a very existing job.
work on your own
Sub Contractor (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 24, 2014
its a pretty basic job. the hardest part of the job was getting the ladder out of your vehicle.
I would never work here again
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: making own hrs
Cons: no health care and cheating outta money, noone to work with
Typical day was go to the house your work orders said and knock on the door. If you came in contact ask for the pass due balance, if no payment collect equipment and cut it off from pole. If not in contact with them then cut off from pole.

I learn how to be more of a sales person from them, and also how to handle working by myself better and handling money.

Management was great at the supervisor level but above that they could care less and rip you off.

Co worker where never there. we work on are own.

Getting in touch with people was the hardest part,

I enjoyed the freedom of working on my own. and making my own hours.

I left because this company was not paying the right amount for the work that had been done since it was commission and close to what they promised
Sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Walnut, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: you had the potential to make alot of money
Cons: i didnt see a future their for me
The company over all structure was not set up for longevity.
I dont real have anything else to say about this company i took the job because they sot me out and then i moved on to a better opportunity
write your own schedule. but your vehicle, your gas.
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 4, 2013
Pros: write your own schedule
Cons: your vehicle, you supply your own fuel.
Fun out doorsy job. Moving around meeting all types of people. And dogs, and spiders and hornets up on the poles. lol.

But be prepared to trash your own vehicle and put in 100's of dollars in fuel out of your own pocket per month. Jobs are inconsistant and so is the pay. It's a rinky dink operation that could absolutely care less about your safety and it's employees.
Worst company I ever worked for
Retention specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento CAMay 16, 2013
Pros: freedom no supervision
Cons: pressure to make quotas poor compensation
I work for RCH cable as a retention specialist my job is to contact customers who are delinquent with their accounts and either collect payment or equipment. No holiday pay or benigits of any kind. My quota is 100 boxes and 5 payments a week totaling $750. I have been written up and suspended for not making my quota I have to check in several times per shift with my numbers and was once told to go home and don't come in tommorow after only 2 hours of work because I only had 3 boxes and 1 payment even though it was a $400 payment. You do not want to work for this company.
COMMISSION BASED CO.
System Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: worked 7 days a week 12 hrs a day n, o gas reinburstment or benafits
MANAGED 3 SYSTEMS IN CALIFORNIA FOR A CABLE CONTRACTING CO, OVERSEEN 45 PLUS EMPLOYEES, AND WEEKLY, MONTHLY REPORTS , PAYROOL AND WEEKLY INVOICES.
A challenging and rewarding position.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Walnut, CAApril 10, 2013
While at 20/20 Companies I maintained and grew a team of independent contractors on a 100% commission basis who flourished selling Verizon Fios TV, Phone, and Internet on a direct selling format. I personally achieved Top 20% in the company 3 months of the existence beginning January 2011 in March, June,as well as July.
cable tech
Cable Tech./ Direct sales rep (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2013
driving, disconnecting customers, new sales, retentions, equipment pick-up, climbong poles, etc..