RCI Employee Reviews

Goal oriented and great work environment
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be arriving and feeling my coffee mug with free coffee the job provided and getting started with taking calls. I learned a lot about different destinations as well as timeshares. Management was organized but not very helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning the systems and the material. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about all the different places in the world.
Pros
Cafe with various selections
Productive workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNAugust 24, 2016
Days at work consisted of checking guests in and out. Registering information into our system. Taking calls and booking tours. Helping guests by letting them know how to get around town and what attractions are a must see.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay no management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2016
Great place to work no management basically everything is self taught. Paychecks are weekly. Typical customer service job. Stressful and demanding. No weekends if you don't want to work but no week days off. They promise you all these great things during the interview but they don't produce.
Pros
Hour long lunch break
Cons
No chance for advancement
Great Company
Ironworker/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2016
Enjoyed working for RCI looking forward to more work to come. Really good company reasonable and work with schedule when needed. Very understanding and overall good company they treat employees very well and they are really focused on completing the project at hand.
great pay, great friends, overall great place to work, vacation guide
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 20, 2016
love the job, made a lot of life time friends. job is something that i do very well, talk to people. plus they have events for employees all the time. it was even rated best place to work in Indiana for a slew of years.
Pros
money, vacations at resorts
Cons
seemed that it was taking a turn for the worst
RCI is very good to thier employees with many perks
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being on the phone listening to customer complaints about hotels stays. Management is ok and willing to listen to your concerns and recommendations. My co-workers are very friendly and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job is being screamed at and being called names by upset guests. The most enjoyable is being around fun people that is dealing with the same thing you are.
Pros
free vacations and instant benefits
Cons
schedule bids every three months and senority is based on attendance points.
Close-knit working environment with focus on employee satisfaction
Sales Guide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
RCI provided an excellent environment for employees to prosper. Employee development was a key component of the management culture. A typical day involved interaction with hundreds of external customers and sharing ideas with internal compatriots.
Pros
onsite fitness center and nurse
Cons
short breaks
I love RCI
Vacation Guide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2016
A normal day of work at RCI consisted of taking incoming calls to assist RCI members with booking their vacation plans, and maintaining the upkeep of the member's account. RCI has taught me that with hard work anything is possible. The advancement and career opportunities within RCI are limitless. Management always showed care and concern in a fast and professional manner. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to tell a member that I couldn't find them a vacation on that call after exhausting all of my options. The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing the excitement in a customer's voice after I helped them find the perfect vacation. RCI is an excellent company, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, face paced career with advancement.
Good for people who like to travel
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2016
For the most part, RCI is a great place to work. They have awesome benefits. But like most offices there are a lot of office politics. It is all about impressing the right people, and making friendships with the right "clique"
Hard working people around me fun environment and foreman willing to answer all willing questions.
installation (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 30, 2015
At job site by 5, getting to work on the job we had to get done. I learned how to seal holes in the pipe, how to change them, cut and thread pipe. The hardest part of my day was just getting everything we had to get done on time. The most enjoyable part of my day was just working hard and making sure what i did was right.
Pros
Learning as mush as i could in one day
Cons
Driving to every job site in own car
Good culture. Hope you like nights and weekends
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 27, 2015
If you're a sales person, great job for you. Everything is sales, sales, sales based even though you're told it's a customer service position when you sign in.

Culture is great. There are lots of contests and opportunities to get free lunch and snacks. There are lots of activities to do on site.

Major issue is that training doesn't prepare you for the job. You need to know the product or be great at sales to be successful. If you're good at selling their products, you can make great money.

They start you out working until 11pm until you've been there for awhile and there are a lot of Saturday shifts required. When you can finally move up to another position, you start all over in priority and have to work closing shifts again!
Pros
Gym, cafeteria on site. Contests, snacks provided
Cons
Shifts end late and advancement to day shift is hard
Great Company
Club Certified Concierge Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 5, 2015
Such a great company to work for! Great Benefits and a great work culture to work for. Lots of perks and a great facility to work in.
Nice place to work depending on the department you work in.
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 25, 2015
RCI has a lot of great things about them but like most companies depending on the department you work in and who your manager/supervisor is things can be a little frustrating. The pay is up to you and how hard you want to work which is great! The hours were ok, I just believe that depends on the person applying.
Pros
Cheaper or free vacations
Cons
quotas are a little high, new hire turn around is high, hours are ok.
Loved my Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2015
I got to go all over the country and loved every part of this job! I loved my management and co-workers and would of stayed if we did not run out of leads.
great place to work
SR. RESORT LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2015
fun and exciting place to work they encourage you to take vacations and live the life you help create. they offer you the opportunity to go to all of the resorts that are involved with RCI.
More perks than you could shake a stick at!
Vacation Guide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2015
This is a company that truly values humanity, health, and happiness! A veritable utopian atmosphere if there ever were one!
Pros
Too many to count!
Cons
Everyone starts on the phones. If you like call centers then there are no cons!
Productive, friendly work environment
RCI Account/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJuly 2, 2015
Friendly work environment. I learned a lot about customer service and how to interact with difficult customers. I learned how to resolve whatever issue in a timely manner, and to find the fastest/ easiest solution.
Pros
friendly environment, management
Cons
policies, overlapping breaks/lunches, change of coaches/management
Great Place to Work
Vacation Guide (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 3, 2015
RCI is an all around great place to work and has been rated one of the best places to work year after year in the state of Indiana.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Unpleasant co-workers
Fun and Efficient
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 1, 2015
Glad i got to experience this place as my first job learned a lot and took it with me when i left needs a lot of upper management fixes but the concern and compassion for others in tragic times is outstanding i enjoyed working hear
Very fun place to work
Vacation Guide/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 31, 2015
lots of perks at the job
lots of ways to move up the company
very friendly and outgoing atmosphere
we learn to work as a team
hardest part is finding a vacation alt when there isn't much left
Pros
free food
Cons
na