RCN

RCN Employer Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding
Direct Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2013
RCN is a great place to work for those that are interested in growing professionally. The company fosters and environment where your ideas and input are valued and you truly can make a difference in the company's growth.
Exciting and revolutionary workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
RCN was a great place to work. All of my colleagues were always willing to help. We worked together as a family. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at RCN because I was able to express my creativity.
The best customer experience
Enterprise Relationship Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2012
Pros: very flexible
Cons: needs more organization
Their most valuable asset is the way they traet their customers.
Each one is considered a value.
Internet, and Cable customer support.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 1, 2012
Pros: decent benefits package, and good compensation.
Cons: customer complaints, and inner office squabbling, made this position unacceptable.
Was a good place to work, as call centers go. The management staff was willing to listen, and often times would go out of their way to help
Employment
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lanham, MdNovember 28, 2012
great place to have a job; I am currently working 4 days/10 hour shifts
Fun but professional
Customer Service Rep / Voice/Video Technician (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 2, 2012
A fun but professional company to work for. I received a lot of satisfaction in assisting customers with their bills and technical problems.
Productivity
Universal Service Representative (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 11, 2012
A day at RCN would consist of taking in-bound calls. The need of the customers is to be serviced quickly. But I learned to be patient when trouble-shooting technical issues because these type of resolutions can take time to complete, and customers appreciate the time taken to get it resolved. So, if you like a technical service job that involve cable, – more... phone, and internet RCN is the job for you. – less
Stable Job with some fun activities to look forward to.
Customer Maintenance Service III (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2012
Pros: sometimes they have fun days like football jersey day or wear your favorite hat day etc
Cons: no chances of advancements for employees with disabilities
My typical day at work entails answering other carriers' phone calls requesting information. I also spending my days processing work orders to disconnect customer's phone lines so they can port their phone numbers from RCN to another carrier such as Verizon, Comcast, Service Electric etc. Although it can be frustrating at times having to struggle doing – more... two or three different things at one time, it is nice knowing that it helps make the day go by fast. – less
Small cable company
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2012
Fun, small company looking to grow. Sales are priority one with this company.
Great place to work! Fun atmosphere!
temp (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PaSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: destress room
Cons: short breaks
Training was top notch! People were great! Would love to get back into this company.
rcn
Customer Care (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2012
call center job ..take bill payments ,trouble shooting, i worked 10hr shifts
very nice place to work
Systems Designer/CADD Operator (Former Employee), Westwood, MAJuly 12, 2012
Work was very busy and management was great as they influence job growth. Also you were able to learn about the telecom industry as you were provide to attend classes.
very friendly workplace - casual dress appreciated
Data Entry for field reps (ICOMS) (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre PA 18702July 5, 2012
Pros: given christmas luncheon and summer cookout
Cons: cons were not a good chance for advancement in this department
typical day: open the queue at Noon - took orders from field reps for products (internet, cable and / or phone). entered orders into application ICOMS for maintenance and billing. there were six of us until the department was moved to out-of-state locations. management was there to uphold rules and regulations for the field reps as well as assistance – more... for the date entry people. most difficult part of the job was telling the field rep that the client did not pass the credit check, therefore denying service. co-workers were great - many great friendships were created. the most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie of all the reps both in the office and in the field. – less
loved the job and the people that i worked with
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2012
I liked being on the field and able to go from house to house and I took pride in the work that I was doing in the customers homes.
2000-03 not great years
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2012
2000-03 not great years. Hopefully things have improved. Long hours, tough goals, diminishing capital budget.
Very good place to work at that time everyone worked together
Construction Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2012
RCN was a Cable/ Telephone/ Internet company that became successful rather quickly...it had a nice run but in my opinion mismanagement lead to the quick downfall.
Good place to work.
Network Engineer (Former Employee), PAMarch 11, 2012
Went through some rough years, but good place to work. Benefits were acceptable as well as compensation. Culture and values were good.
Great call center/good pay
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 5, 2012
RCN provides good pay for hard work. I took a personal leave of absence from RCN and after returning to work, they fired me because I didnt have a doctors note. A doctors note isnt required for a personal leave of absence.
es muy poco tiempo
auxiliar de enfermeria (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNNovember 6, 2013
Pros: buen pago
Cons: no hubo descanso
en realidad del canal no podría dar y concepto como tal, pues fui contratada e inmediatamente pase a manos de una jefe de enferia.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Diseñadora de Ambientaciòn (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: seguro medico, pensiòn. desayuno y almuerzo, subsidio de transporte.
UN POCO STRESANTE, TU SABES CUANDO LLEGAS A TRABAJAR MÁS NO SABES ES A QUE HORA LLEGAS.

About RCN

You could say RCN is at home in the big city. The company operates cable-based broadband networks that serve the Boston, Chicago, – Read more