RDI Corporation Employee Reviews

fun workplace, supportive management team
Customer Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTFebruary 9, 2017
This place has been the best place I have ever worked at. The atmosphere is fun, competitive, and I had a lot of friends when I worked here. I had to move out of state due to circumstances beyond my control and my last day here was filled with cards, flowers and notes from our ellwell family. Ellwell will stay with me forever. I love all you guys and miss you so much.
Pros
parties, healthy snacks and drinks, education. supportive family environment.
Cons
The breakroom is kind of small and outdated
Working at RDI
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport, VT 05855March 3, 2017
I enjoy working at RDI Marketing Services a lot. DIRECTV upgrades is fun and outgoing and very upbeat. Everyone in the room is always excited about getting sales and hitting goals and raising their stats. They play music and games all day long to keep the morale up . I learned a lot about showtime I didn't know before because I very seldom watched it before I started working there. The workplace culture is very good and reliable. The hardest part of the job is sticking to yourself and not saying things out loud. Don't say anything in front of everyone because everyone tattle tails there and tries to get other people in trouble. The most enjoyable part of my job is hitting goal everyday and knowing you're a top performer.
Pros
free Directv
Cons
drama
Amazing job to have to get away from job w/ more pressure.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 3, 2017
A typical day at work was 8 hour shift with a great work environment. Great job to enhance your communication and social skills. Management and whole crew of staff members that are very friendly and inspiring.The main complaint was environment was loud and body mechanics.
Pros
Fun games played for 'tips'
Cons
Short breaks and lack of benefits
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2017
Great job I've learned alot about my self working here The jobs pretty basis Sales 101 really cool enviromenenviroment in Drama can be overwelming at times Just stay to my self do my job helping 1 customer at a time Its what I do They do have the point system so you really gotta be on your P's and Q's By this I mean showing up every day and working your sceduled shift RDI is a great company They do offer 401k good benefits paid breaks paid traning
Non-Professional and unrealistic goals
Sales (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 16, 2017
You go into work , pick a desk to sit at and you open up your script and begin making calls. you have to have your scripts memorized you cannot make it your own , the management was very nonprofessional they would call your name out in front of everyone and tell you what you are doing wrong. Nothing was enjoyable about this job but the $11 an hour
this is a good company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTMarch 8, 2017
this is a very loving family type place to work for i enjoyed working there while i was there they are very understanding and would recommend them to anybody that is looking for a job
Pros
this company is remarkable to work for
Cons
the downfall is when you get promoted they take it away from a person with no warning
Productive and Friendly enviroment
Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHFebruary 9, 2017
Your not just co-workers at RDI telemarketing you unit as a family. Everybody is friendly, And the managers the most understanding people ever. Its a great job. I'm very devastated I let a job like this go.
Pros
Reasonable breaks vending machienes and free coffee
Cons
Slow call flow equals a long long day/night
Sales Management treat you like children.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 20, 2016
My co workers were the best part of the job. Pay was ok. There's a point system for when your a minute late, call in, or leave early, God forbid you have an emergency, so called HR did not care. Either they liked you or they didn't. There were people with more points than others and they still have their jobs while the others don't, favoritism was a big issue.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, hours
Revolving door with employees
Activactions Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 9, 2016
I started work at 5a.m and left at 2:30p.m. the work day was pretty standard. Lunch was only 30 min and if you were late at all you were written up. The bonus structure is good if you are actually getting it They play games with your money and they even made it appear we were not having good numbers when the client said we did, There is no true HR Department and you are always threatened with your job being taken. I enjoyed the holidays they really know how to celebrate.
Pros
No work on Holidays, Fair pay
Cons
disrespectful staff
great place to work but...
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working here but i felt that i was unappreciated. I was passed up for countless advancement opportunities, I was asked to train people who would then get a position over me.
Pros
paid lunches if you reach quota before lunch break
Cons
feeling unappreciated
No flexibility with shifts
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2016
I think Ed is a good start up job or something to fall back on. Ur since I've been there there is no real stability or room to grow I've seen so many people come and go they are concerned about cell phones and having pens at desk when you don't even see customers info other than their baby to sell them an upgrade but no personal info I see people who do great stay in same position when there are people who they choose to go to better campaigns with more money who don't even care about there sales per hour they don't have any iter shifts but days abs they fire people every day.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
No stability. Low pay and no shift flexibility
Company truly cares about their employees and the possibilty for promoting is endless
Acquisitions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2016
This company is great overall and the majority of the employees have been there for 10+ years. They give you all the necessary tools to succeed and want to see the your full potential is fulfilled.
Pros
Unlimited overtime, fun and upbeat environment, promoting done within company, competitive bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Very hard to work there
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTDecember 18, 2016
It was hard to work their, Managment wasnt the best, being on the phone with customers that would speak there mind and we had to hear them out was hard, however I did like how it tough self control and more customer experince.
Pros
customer experince
Cons
having to be on the phone for 8-10 hours aday non stop
No growth but stable work
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 7, 2017
RDI marketing was an inbound call center for contracts agreed to with varying vendors. I answered inbound calls only and mostly password resets for different applications used by employees at Home Goods, Marshalls, and TJMaxx stores throughout the continental U.S. and Canada. They utilize Citrix systems to connect to Virtual Desktops or remote to customers. Other job duties included my having resolved time keeping and payroll issues in Kronos. I had 30-minute lunches with two fifteen minute breaks and it was a comfortable work environment. However, there was no room for growth or advancement within the company. Management did not live up to a proper business model ethically. Most of what I learned had to be self-taught or I had to ask for the help to find appropriate answers for customers as it was a limited knowledge base at that time.
Pros
Stable work and learned something everyday
Cons
No growth and lack of employee support
Productive and fun work environment
TSR/ QAR (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Always a good time. Lots of music played, dance parties and incentives going on all the time. It was always kept fun for the agents to boost morale and performance
Pros
earned paid luches, top producers
Cons
healthcare, too far from where I am movine
Fun place to work.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2016
I managed multiple accounts for my company, I had to have the ability to multitask, stay focused on the job and complete certain daily quotas. I worked with a bunch of people that were driven and also knew how to have fun at work. Management treated all employees with respect.
Pros
Great experience in the sales industry.
The work environment wasnt the greatest but great supervisor.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 23, 2016
Fast paced envrionment which is no problem however the team leads arent proffesional and talk to each other like high school kids. The supervisors for specific programs, like mine where amazing. overall good company, was amazing to me and my pay and schedule.
Good start up job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074August 16, 2016
Took a moderate amount of calls. Answer incoming calls for customers to set up a Buyout, Purchase Option, or Same as Cash. Create approvals, process payments, provide one call resolution. Management could of be more supportive. Most of my co-workers got along. The hardest part lack of training and system issues. Most enjoyable resolving customer issues and helping out our customers.
Pros
Great hours, and overtime
Cons
Problems in the system, quality affected negatively
Very cool place to work
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 21, 2017
I really like this job. The people that i work with aer very friendly. There are all kinds of incentives for working with RDI.
Pros
Paid lunches when you reach sale goal, money for sales
Simple days
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTSeptember 23, 2016
I worked for RDI for over 4 years and my attendance had gotten too the best of me, well I was trained back as a customer service rep, not a salesman, I was terminated because my performace was way too low, it wasn't easy. Simply RDI doesn't want good employees and I will never go back.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RDI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9