RDI Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work if you don't expect much. I was a data entry operator for 24 years there and enjoyed my job.
Data Entry/Typist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at work was usually from 7AM to 3PM. I had my day planned the day before because I knew what projects where to be completed that day. I was the only person in the Data Entry department, so I always knew I would be busy. I learned how to program on a DOS based data entry program, also learned the 10 key keypad. Most of my DE was done on an inbedded keyboard. I worked with managers, supervisors, vice presidents, all there to get the job done. I very rarely had any issues with any of my co-workers, it was a fairly relaxed office and we all had our jobs to do. Believe it or not there was no 'hardest part of the job'. I really loved what I did and enjoyed going to work every day. I had a fairly lose work schedule, I could come in anytime between 7AM - 9AM, depending on how much work I had to complete for the day and as long as I worked my 8 hours and completed all projects for the day, my day would be over.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule.
Cons
Received a raise in 2004 and none after that. Worked until October 2014.
Productive and Fun work Environment with alot of Customer Interaction.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of sitting at your own desk and making sales calls. As well as taking customer service calls.
Pros
Lots of benefits and prizes for attendance as well as making rate on sales.
Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 23, 2015
The typical day for me was to come to work on time to interact with my boss, co-workers and others. I was dependable, efficient with little supervision. I learned how to utilize my interpersonal skills work well as a team member. At times it was hard working with customers but my motto was that the customer was always right no matter what. I liked the benefits and pay.
Pros
flexability
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
Overall good company to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Training and Helpfulness top rate. Team spirited group of workers.
Promote within the company.
Aknowledgement of good employees
Pros
Team players, great co-workers, family oriented enviroment
Cons
Better benefits
Productive and Pretty Fun, Laid Back place to work.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHFebruary 7, 2016
Typical Day at work: Clock in at 9am work the phone until 5pm

What I learned: Customer service, Team Building Skills.

Management: Very attentive to employees needs and desires for the most part.

Co-Workers: Nice crowd to work with; I enjoy their company.

Hardest part of the job: Can't think of anything.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Talking to so many different people within such different backgrounds on and off the phones.
Pros
Decent Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Workforce management system setup.
terrible place to work
data entry, and selling products to inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2015
RDI had all sorts of problems, from their management, to the lack of training, benefits, pay. It was one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Worst place I have ever worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 19, 2016
I worked there for 1 month as soon as they thought they knew my sexuality I started get harassed by management and coworkers. Coworkers sleeping with coworkers and management. I went to HR they did nothing about it. Told me that maybe I needed to adjust my attitude. All of this hassle because I kept my outside life personal. Yes there were other openly gay coworkers, it didn't matter. I am a very private lesbian and that is none of your business.
Pros
Clean bathrooms and dining room.
Cons
Penalized for being private about who and where you play.
If you want to work for free
Time Warner Sales and Radio (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMarch 8, 2016
I worked for RDI for about three months and I can honestly say it is the most unprofessional atmosphere I have ever worked in. At one point all of the computers went down on the facility and management made all of the employees stay to wait for the rest of the day (over 6 hours) and refused to pay the employees for their time. I understand that things do happen but any other professional job would either a) let the employees go home or b) keep the employees there but not penalize them for something that is out of their control. The time clock was on your computer and would constantly kick you out of the system every few minutes so that when paycheck time came you would be short on several hours. They then would give you an attitude if you disputed your hours every week and most of the time would not even give you the money owed to you (I worked an 8 hour day and was only paid for 2 hours that day). Management was constantly playing favorites and would try to bully you into working overtime (yet still have your pay wrong both on regular and overtime pay).
Pros
good if you live on the Miami campus
Cons
corrupt management and missing hours every paycheck
Very poor working conditions
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJuly 1, 2016
A typical day for me would be answering phone calls, and e-mails regarding customer purchases for Cengage products like ebooks. Although the majority of employees at this location perform market research all day. (Which is a code word for cold calling) I didn't learn much of anything at this job as many members of management had no idea about any Cengage application. They used RDI employees for contract work so they could cut costs, and avoid giving more employees benefits. Management were friendly for the most part, however the building is disgusting as they did not hire cleaning services. They cut costs by having college kids that work there take out the garbage. Cubicles and office furniture were in dire condition, and there were problems with bed bugs. The hardest part of the job was knowing I had much more product knowledge than my managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the normally laid back atmosphere. I would in no way recommend this job unless you have no previous job experience,
Pros
Laid back managment
Cons
Crude, filthy working conditions. No advancement.
friendly workplace with interesting incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTMarch 1, 2016
placing catalog orders for customers. solving account issues and issues around items received by customer.friendly co-workers not competing for advancement. friendly managers willing to help. I enjoyed talking with customers on phone
Pros
helping customers making purchases as well as solving issues customers may have
Cons
sometimes dealing with irate customers that did not understand policy for paticular company
Slow working environment but enjoyable management
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 24, 2016
On a typical day I would prepare the shipments for the day as they came in. I learned how to verify and process new products as well as how to use the companies logging system. My coworkers were friendly and always willing to teach me something I was unsure about. I'd say the hardest part of the job was finding the correct harmonized tax codes when shipping internationally. Most enjoyable was working with a friendly and engaging group of fellow employees.
Pros
Free lunch on Thuesdays
Horrible just horrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 11, 2016
I've never not liked a job so much. Very inconsistent. Very unprofessional work environment. If you don't make enough sales for the day they will fire you. No one is on the same page. Management doesn't know how to manage and had to have someone from the outside come in and attempt to manage. Supervisors as well as the management are very disrespectful. Do not and I repeat Do not waist your time.
Pros
Played fun games at times
Cons
You'll never know if you have a job the next day
Awesome first job.
Marketing, CSR (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 14, 2016
I was here fresh from high school after getting my diploma and cosmetology license. I would perform beauty requests for clients, such as waxing, cutting, coloring and styling. Management was good and then went through some changes, the co-workers were dependable. The hardest part was sometimes doing split shifts or working by myself. The most enjoyable part was the tips we made daily.
Pros
Got to learn beneficial training for free.
Cons
How hectic things got when we were short staffed.
Good enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHFebruary 2, 2016
What I learned from RDI was that I was a great people person. The hardest part of the job was making thousand calls a day (outbound) and learning to deal with irate customers and analyzing the situation and making it better for the customer. Yourself and management work together daily to make sure daily goals are met.
Pros
Great learning expirence
Cons
Not great commissions
Not what my passion is for
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2015
I answered phones and helped clients with their issues, It was completely customer service oriented. The pay was decent and hours were good but my heart was not in it whatsoever and my passion is too strong to be working somewhere that I can't use it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not what my passion is for
good place to start if you have no experience in call centers
Marketing Sources (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 17, 2015
The job provides great hours for families and those that are busy after hours.

Management were not the best leaders, they were a few that took pride but the rest were just there to take a paycheck. Training is good if you do not have experience in a call center or phone sales, but no love for their employees. Very sad that everyone is not happy and always complaining.
Pros
early hours and weekends off
Cons
managers really look out for themselves.
day at rdi
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2016
I call customers for Synchrony Bank and give them their specials. Answer and questions for them. My coworkers are the most awesome and so is the management team. The hardest part of the job is when the customer do not use Synchrony Bank for their financing very much and we have to make them aware that they do have Synchrony Bank for their Private Label Credit Cards.
Pros
There are a lot of incentives
Cons
Short lunches
hard job but when paired with the right person its good
sales/customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTJune 6, 2016
I loved working at this job and the experience it gave me in the customer service field. flexible with hours to fit with my schooling but at the same time not consistent at all.
Pros
good job for a kid
Cons
bad job for stability
Don't Waste Your Time
Customer Service Calls (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMay 11, 2016
RDI Oxford is a "VERY POORLY" managed company. The place is run by children, alcoholics and druggies.

From the first day you start, if your production isn't what they think it should be, you will be sent home.

Seriously, Don't waste your time.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Avoid RDI at all costs
Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 10, 2016
An absolute nightmare. Horrible experience with a brutal, mismanaged, micromanaging call center. There were no positive attributes for this job or for the entire company.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Constant monitoring; micromanagement; inept and incompetent "managers."

2.9