RDI Employee Reviews

Hitting your mark on the job
Marketing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Definetly able to move up in the field.
Cons: Meeting quotas with cold calls
Typical day would be cold calling for a client and or verifying a customers information. I learned data entry, reading from a script, and increasing my words per minute. Management has experience in the field and can definitely redirect someone if needed. Co-workers form bonds help with scripts and are pleasant. The hardest part of the job is meeting a quota in a short period of time with cold calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is different clients provide incentives.
Not bad entry level
Marketing, Supervisor (Current Employee), oxford ohioJuly 16, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: inpersonable
Not bad for entry level I learned a lot about selling techniques and about managing a team in a fast paced environment. good job for people in school but high stress
Great strong management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), cincinnatiJuly 13, 2015
Pros: incentives, and great pay!
Cons: 30 min lunch
I start the day off very busy with calls waiting in the queue which is a good way to start to get the day flowing. I've became patient and very considerate when dealing with fragile customers. I enjoy seeing my co-workers I personally believe we have became a family. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy. The most enjoyable part of this job is the friendly management and the ability to grow with this company!
not very much of a professional place to work
customer service (Current Employee), oxfordJune 2, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I'm a customer service for groupon, and for timer Warner cable . I would get my computer set up and people would call me and I would assist to there needs and problems. while being there I learned a lot about computer and management. I would say the hardest part of my job is the co-workers around me. people would be to loud so it would be hard to hear my customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i helped people with there problems
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales for JcPenney (Former Employee), Milford, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: Games
Cons: Cubical and head set shareing
Worked a 8-5. I learned to work with very upset customers as well as happy ones. The management was very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was not having your own work space and having to share head sets.
Corrupt and terrible place of nepotism. Tyrannical. No job security for quality supervisors.
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good work/pay ratio for newhires, sit-down environment
Cons: Tyrannical lunch/break system, poor upper management, promotions don't come with worthwhile raises, Supervisors are on chopping block, do not receive fair yearly evaluation compensation, Severe nepotism, attendance to disciplinary action follow guidelines as management sees fit
As a regular agent, this job really isn't that bad. If you are coming in to be a standard phone rep, the work-pay ratio is pretty decent.

If you work hard, there are opportunities to advance but only if you can shine through the nepotism somehow. I moved up quick, and after RDI getting rid of two great supervisors on my campaign and replacement them with me, it grew stressful. Due to my success, we doubled in work load and RDI didn't even provide a part-time sup when requested. Due to this ramp up I had to quit school because working so much overtime would not allow me to do well in college. But because I was working so much OT and RDI did not provide another supervisor, I was then being coerced for working too much overtime.

Upper management ignored many of my numerous requests/complaints, attempts to rectify issues that were affecting my project but in the hands of another were unfruitful, and attempts to make project management more effective with the client were met with threats and disciplinary action for procedures that were never covered with me as Operations Supervisor.

When I submitted my notice of stepping down from Supervisor to be a regular agent, I was laid off.

In totality, RDI is a corrupt, disgusting, terrible place to work. It will upset you how some managers treat/interact with employees there, and never get fired and great, sincere, helpful ones get the axe. There are basically no health benefits as you are better off going through ObamaCare. You will either be overworked or sent home early, there is not much security unless you lick the heel of upper management.
Shipping Dept. is lode of fun.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Millville, NJMarch 30, 2015
A good Family environment safety comes first with the quality. The management is great. Some days in the shipping dept. the management keeps you on your toes.
Stressful and ever changing.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oxford, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly people, can earn vacation time
Cons: no job security, may not be paid for all of your hours
When I started for RDI, I worked very well doing a customer service job. about 2 or 3 months ago they started training me on making sales calls. That is when it started going down hill. If you don't get enough sales a day, the suspend you without pay. I have seen very good workers suspended for not getting the 2 sales management wanted that day even though they had over 10 the last week. I have asked to switch to another program and they said there are only sales campaigns let. On top of all this, the program that lets you get paid doesn't give you all of your hours most of the time.
Good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milford, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: desk job. telemarketing.
Cons: fastpaced, busy work.
Called people to sell insurance. ADD (accidental death and dismemberment coverage). Learned good people skills, how to multitask and sell.
Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 26, 2015
Marketed and promoted bronchodilators for Respiratory Druggist Inc. to pulmonologist, allergists, and pediatricians for Southeast region of Alabama and Mississippi.
Call center taking incoming calls
Marketing (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2014
Taking incoming calls for customer and assisting them the best way possible to make their experience with RDI pleasant.
A good place to start
Call center agent/ Agent Coach (Former Employee), Newport, VTOctober 6, 2014
I enjoyed the work greatly. The corporation put constant pressure on the management and they were fragmented
great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2014
Great place to advance, help people with their concerns and really interact with people! I love to talk to people so this job was great, I also like to help people find what they need! This was an inbound call center job for a womens catalog company, Very enjoyable!
Fast Paced Atmosphere
Executive Administrative Assistant/ Q.A. (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced, growth, learning
Cons: managment
A typical at work consisted of data entry, final orders made, Q.A., filing, answering phones, internal auditing, etc.
I learned how to work with international medical sales, how to calibrate, auditing business that works with other countries, shipping and receiving internationally, etc.
Management was well distributed, just not always on the same page.
Mt co-workers were great people to learn from and work with.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to work with China.
The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and how fast paced it was.
productive work environment
Interviewer (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 12, 2014
a typical day at work was productive, you would learn thing that was unusual. management was stern and the best part was getting to learn more.
Very laid back atmosphere
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Milford, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co workers, laid back atmosphere, games to boost morals
Cons: healthcare to expensive for most, lack of respect from some management, must be very pushy for this job. huge turnover of employees
Job could be very boring except for perks and bonuses given occasionally. I've learned that telemarketing is a job where you have to have pretty tough skin,because people aren't calling you for a service you are calling them for a product. Management was not what I was used to, guess I'm too old school. The respect for employees seemed to be lacking. For instance, if a supervisor wanted to see an agent instead of tapping them on the shoulder or buzzing in between calls they would just call the person out on the floor and embarrass them in front of other employees. Didn't get that one. I met a lot of wonderful people in my 4 months at RDI and still keep in touch with a few of them although the turnover rate was huge, The hardest part of the job again was being cussed out or yelled at for multiple phone calls to one household. One has to be very persistent and that's not my personality. I did enjoy the fact that I was only 5 minutes from home and the company did try to award the employees with games and prizes for jobs well done. Since I was in the last group hired I was laid off after only 4 months of employment. Their banner for hiring has been up since I moved here over 3 years ago and it is still there today.
Terrible hours and management.
Phone agent (Former Employee), Newport, VTJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything.
Typical day for me was me showing up for about ten minutes and then leaving because there wasn't enough calls. I didn't learn anything from this job. Management was terrible except for a few of the floor supervisors. Co-workers all knew how the place was so everyone was on the same page. This job is cake, but the hours can ruin your life and get you kicked out of your home for not paying bills/rent/mortage. I got to read alot of books doing this job, It was very uneventful. Most of the old folks that call are very sweet and they are a joy to speak to.
stressful environment
phone representative (Former Employee), milford,ohioJanuary 4, 2014
this job was very stressful to maintain. I overall loved my co workers and the management was at a decent work level.
Good company, fair bonus structure
Program Development Specialist (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: short lunch, one way conversation with clients
Out bound calls to Dental and Vet practices. I have learned a lot about those businesses. Management is great and supports team members. However, this isn't my passion. The conversations are more 1 sided and I like a 2 way conversation.
Fast paced environment
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milford, OHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
The H&R was terrible. Was a minor whlie working there and was denied rightful breaks and had several advancements from other coworkers. the position tsr is hard to promote and you are easily replaced. would not recommend a friend to work here unless desperate for a job, not a career.