RDI Employee Reviews

Rdi
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 22, 2016
I honestly don't feel very comfortable leaving a review for the company. There are many cons and pros depending on which location you are working.
Pros
some
Cons
many
good place to start if you have no experience in call centers
Marketing Sources (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 17, 2015
The job provides great hours for families and those that are busy after hours.

Management were not the best leaders, they were a few that took pride but the rest were just there to take a paycheck. Training is good if you do not have experience in a call center or phone sales, but no love for their employees. Very sad that everyone is not happy and always complaining.
Pros
early hours and weekends off
Cons
managers really look out for themselves.
Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 23, 2015
The typical day for me was to come to work on time to interact with my boss, co-workers and others. I was dependable, efficient with little supervision. I learned how to utilize my interpersonal skills work well as a team member. At times it was hard working with customers but my motto was that the customer was always right no matter what. I liked the benefits and pay.
Pros
flexability
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
productive work place at times call center seems to lack discipline.
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
A typical day at RDI would include extensive work on the phone providing outbound and inbound calls. While also providing customer service.
Pros
calm work environment
Cons
short breaks, lack of discipline in call center.
Great Work Atmosphere
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHNovember 7, 2015
Positive reinforcement and incentives provided to employees for their hard work. Offered helpful training to employees to help them fully demonstrate their strongest capabilities.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
terrible place to work
data entry, and selling products to inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2015
RDI had all sorts of problems, from their management, to the lack of training, benefits, pay. It was one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
good place to learn
Laborer/forklift operator (trainee) (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJSeptember 22, 2015
good work place that I learn a lot from. the people I work next to was very nice and was great teacher.I also learn how to cut wood the right way .
personally stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTAugust 26, 2015
Customer Service for accounts, purchases, deliveries. I got to experience the other side of an upset, sometimes furious customer situations. I was to reverse all that and make the customer satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with customer and turning their bad experience into a good one.
Hitting your mark on the job
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2015
Typical day would be cold calling for a client and or verifying a customers information. I learned data entry, reading from a script, and increasing my words per minute. Management has experience in the field and can definitely redirect someone if needed. Co-workers form bonds help with scripts and are pleasant. The hardest part of the job is meeting a quota in a short period of time with cold calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is different clients provide incentives.
Pros
Definetly able to move up in the field.
Cons
Meeting quotas with cold calls
Not bad entry level
Marketing, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  oxford ohioJuly 16, 2015
Not bad for entry level I learned a lot about selling techniques and about managing a team in a fast paced environment. good job for people in school but high stress
Pros
management
Cons
inpersonable
Great strong management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  cincinnatiJuly 13, 2015
I start the day off very busy with calls waiting in the queue which is a good way to start to get the day flowing. I've became patient and very considerate when dealing with fragile customers. I enjoy seeing my co-workers I personally believe we have became a family. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy. The most enjoyable part of this job is the friendly management and the ability to grow with this company!
Pros
incentives, and great pay!
Cons
30 min lunch
not very much of a professional place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  oxfordJune 2, 2015
I'm a customer service for groupon, and for timer Warner cable . I would get my computer set up and people would call me and I would assist to there needs and problems. while being there I learned a lot about computer and management. I would say the hardest part of my job is the co-workers around me. people would be to loud so it would be hard to hear my customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i helped people with there problems
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales for JcPenney (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 13, 2015
Worked a 8-5. I learned to work with very upset customers as well as happy ones. The management was very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was not having your own work space and having to share head sets.
Pros
Games
Cons
Cubical and head set shareing
Corrupt and terrible place of nepotism. Tyrannical. No job security for quality supervisors.
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 7, 2015
As a regular agent, this job really isn't that bad. If you are coming in to be a standard phone rep, the work-pay ratio is pretty decent.

If you work hard, there are opportunities to advance but only if you can shine through the nepotism somehow. I moved up quick, and after RDI getting rid of two great supervisors on my campaign and replacement them with me, it grew stressful. Due to my success, we doubled in work load and RDI didn't even provide a part-time sup when requested. Due to this ramp up I had to quit school because working so much overtime would not allow me to do well in college. But because I was working so much OT and RDI did not provide another supervisor, I was then being coerced for working too much overtime.

Upper management ignored many of my numerous requests/complaints, attempts to rectify issues that were affecting my project but in the hands of another were unfruitful, and attempts to make project management more effective with the client were met with threats and disciplinary action for procedures that were never covered with me as Operations Supervisor.

When I submitted my notice of stepping down from Supervisor to be a regular agent, I was laid off.

In totality, RDI is a corrupt, disgusting, terrible place to work. It will upset you how some managers treat/interact with employees there, and never get fired and great, sincere, helpful ones get the axe. There are basically no health benefits as you are better off going through ObamaCare. You will either be overworked or sent home early, there is not much security unless you lick the
  more... heel of upper management.  less
Pros
Good work/pay ratio for newhires, sit-down environment
Cons
Tyrannical lunch/break system, poor upper management, promotions don't come with worthwhile raises, Supervisors are on chopping block, do not receive fair yearly evaluation compensation, Severe nepotism, attendance to disciplinary action follow guidelines as management sees fit
Shipping Dept. is lode of fun.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJMarch 30, 2015
A good Family environment safety comes first with the quality. The management is great. Some days in the shipping dept. the management keeps you on your toes.
Stressful and ever changing.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHFebruary 16, 2015
When I started for RDI, I worked very well doing a customer service job. about 2 or 3 months ago they started training me on making sales calls. That is when it started going down hill. If you don't get enough sales a day, the suspend you without pay. I have seen very good workers suspended for not getting the 2 sales management wanted that day even though they had over 10 the last week. I have asked to switch to another program and they said there are only sales campaigns let. On top of all this, the program that lets you get paid doesn't give you all of your hours most of the time.
Pros
friendly people, can earn vacation time
Cons
no job security, may not be paid for all of your hours
Good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Called people to sell insurance. ADD (accidental death and dismemberment coverage). Learned good people skills, how to multitask and sell.
Pros
desk job. telemarketing.
Cons
fastpaced, busy work.
Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 26, 2015
Marketed and promoted bronchodilators for Respiratory Druggist Inc. to pulmonologist, allergists, and pediatricians for Southeast region of Alabama and Mississippi.
Call center taking incoming calls
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2014
Taking incoming calls for customer and assisting them the best way possible to make their experience with RDI pleasant.
A good place to start
Call center agent/ Agent Coach (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTOctober 6, 2014
I enjoyed the work greatly. The corporation put constant pressure on the management and they were fragmented