RDI

RDI Employer Reviews

great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2014
Great place to advance, help people with their concerns and really interact with people! I love to talk to people so this job was great, I also like to help people find what they need! This was an inbound call center job for a womens catalog company, Very enjoyable!
Fast Paced Atmosphere
Executive Administrative Assistant/ Q.A. (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced, growth, learning
Cons: managment
A typical at work consisted of data entry, final orders made, Q.A., filing, answering phones, internal auditing, etc.
I learned how to work with international medical sales, how to calibrate, auditing business that works with other countries, shipping and receiving internationally, etc.
Management was well distributed, just not always on the same page.
Mt – more... co-workers were great people to learn from and work with.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to work with China.
The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and how fast paced it was. – less
productive work environment
Interviewer (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 12, 2014
a typical day at work was productive, you would learn thing that was unusual. management was stern and the best part was getting to learn more.
Very laid back atmosphere
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Milford, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co workers, laid back atmosphere, games to boost morals
Cons: healthcare to expensive for most, lack of respect from some management, must be very pushy for this job. huge turnover of employees
Job could be very boring except for perks and bonuses given occasionally. I've learned that telemarketing is a job where you have to have pretty tough skin,because people aren't calling you for a service you are calling them for a product. Management was not what I was used to, guess I'm too old school. The respect for employees seemed to be lacking. – more... For instance, if a supervisor wanted to see an agent instead of tapping them on the shoulder or buzzing in between calls they would just call the person out on the floor and embarrass them in front of other employees. Didn't get that one. I met a lot of wonderful people in my 4 months at RDI and still keep in touch with a few of them although the turnover rate was huge, The hardest part of the job again was being cussed out or yelled at for multiple phone calls to one household. One has to be very persistent and that's not my personality. I did enjoy the fact that I was only 5 minutes from home and the company did try to award the employees with games and prizes for jobs well done. Since I was in the last group hired I was laid off after only 4 months of employment. Their banner for hiring has been up since I moved here over 3 years ago and it is still there today. – less
Terrible hours and management.
Phone agent (Former Employee), Newport, VTJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything.
Typical day for me was me showing up for about ten minutes and then leaving because there wasn't enough calls. I didn't learn anything from this job. Management was terrible except for a few of the floor supervisors. Co-workers all knew how the place was so everyone was on the same page. This job is cake, but the hours can ruin your life and get you – more... kicked out of your home for not paying bills/rent/mortage. I got to read alot of books doing this job, It was very uneventful. Most of the old folks that call are very sweet and they are a joy to speak to. – less
stressful environment
phone representative (Former Employee), milford,ohioJanuary 4, 2014
this job was very stressful to maintain. I overall loved my co workers and the management was at a decent work level.
Good company, fair bonus structure
Program Development Specialist (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: short lunch, one way conversation with clients
Out bound calls to Dental and Vet practices. I have learned a lot about those businesses. Management is great and supports team members. However, this isn't my passion. The conversations are more 1 sided and I like a 2 way conversation.
Fast paced environment
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milford, OHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
The H&R was terrible. Was a minor whlie working there and was denied rightful breaks and had several advancements from other coworkers. the position tsr is hard to promote and you are easily replaced. would not recommend a friend to work here unless desperate for a job, not a career.
Fast past environment with great employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Greece, NYSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches, 401k after a year, nice friendly environment, and decent pay.
Cons: pto policy.
It is definitely an interesting job to work for but it requires a lot of attention to detail because if one person messes up, it can affect everyone else. Although they may come off a bit strict, everyone including the owners are very friendly and they do give their employees chances instead of giving up on them right away. They only give you a 30 minute – more... unpaid lunch but they have days where they bring in free breakfast and dinner. There are no 15 minute breaks. Admin wise, I don't really see any opportunities for advancement, but in their sales department, there could be a few depending on how well you do there. – less
Wouldn't recommend this company, even to my worst enemy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: overtime (its the only way you can make any decent money here)
Cons: the entire company
I have never worked for a company that was as unprofessional as this one.

I worked on an account for Comverge which for some reason seemed to require 4 managers. I had the Manager of the Call Center to deal with, an out-of-town Manager, and 2 in-house Managers. Ever hear the saying too many Chiefs and not enough Indians??? Well, that definitely applies – more... here. The management was not a cohesive unit, played favorites, and basically could care less about you as an individual. Some of the paperwork we were expected to sign stated that we were not allowed to cross-talk with our peers. Well considering the fact that you work with these people for 40+ hours a week, how anyone would ever reasonably expect that you wouldn't talk with your co-workers, or wouldn't want you to, is beyond me. But I digress...

I often came in to start my day with an email stating that we were not allowed to take our breaks or lunch for the day. That means that you can expect to work approx. 8 or more hours with nothing to eat (you were not allowed to eat at your desk at this company) or even get away from your computer for 10 minutes to give your eyes a rest, stretch your legs, etc. This email would usually be followed with several throughout the days in ALL CAPS. The one I loved the most went something like this "NO ONE LEAVES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE FROM ME". Even though everyone knows that writing in all caps is considered to be rude, and even though this was brought to my manager's attention numerous times, this didn't phase her, as she really didn't care. I can understand not being able to leave at your regularly scheduled time if YOU ARE BUSY, however, this email would come out and you would only be taking maybe 10 calls an hour. However, seeing that the manager who often sent this worked from home and often stopped working at 5pm, she often failed to follow-up and let you know when you COULD leave and that task was given to the in-house supervisors. In addition, you could expect to see this email come out about 10 minutes before the first people that arrived were due to go home for the day.

You were not able to bring in your purse or any of your personal belongings. If you are a man, this is not such a big deal, however, if you are a woman, you can understand how this can present a problem from time to time, especially if you are not allowed to take a break or lunch to run to your car. This did not apply to management however, and they always had their purses and/or personal belongings sitting on their desk.

You are not allowed to have your coat with you at your desk. This would seem to be a small problem, but since there are approx. 200 employees at this location, and only 100 pegs in the lunchroom where you can hang your coat, this meant that you were told to leave your coat in your car on even the coldest days of the year. Not only that, but people were less than eager to leave their coat in the lunchroom as things had a way of disappearing. Again, this does not apply to management, as they were allowed to wear their coats in and have them on their chairs at all times.

There is no career path at this company. The manager of the entire call center used to have customers come through and point out that so-and-so has been here for 15 years. That is NOT something that is positive!!!! The fact that this person has been here for 15 years and is still doing the EXACT SAME THING they did 15 years ago is NOT a positive thing!

The pay is poor and the benefits leave a lot to be desired. In fact, if for some reason you do not work 40 hours that week, you have to pay DOUBLE your insurance. That's right folks, you are making less money because you are not getting hours and instead of paying your normal premium for insurance, you get dinged for double the amount. Since the pay rate is so low in the first place, if you happen to have to take time off for any reason and cannot make your 40 hours for the week, your next paycheck will basically only be enough to cover your insurance premiums.

Favoritism abounds here. If you are "in" with your supervisor, you will be allowed to take an hour and a half for lunch (while your supervisor covers for you or even better yet, goes with you!), go into an unavailable status while chatting with your supervisor for long periods of time, use your computer for non-work related fun, have your cell phone out and on at all times, etc.

Managers here often talk about other co-workers with no discretion, so you know everyone's business, even when you shouldn't. You are talked to as if you are an idiot and this is the first job you have ever worked. Condescension abounds here. If your manager needs to speak with you about something, it is not done in private, and is often done right in front of other co-workers, which can be quite humiliating.

I had things stolen from me while I worked here and when I brought it to the attention to management, even though there are cameras throughout, nothing was ever done about it. I wasn't the only one this happened too. There are signs on the refrigerators in the lunchroom about "taking" other peoples lunches. I mean, come on, who does that????

They do not in any way cater to people with disabilities, in fact the entire parking lot does not have ONE handicapped spot, and there are no ramps that someone in a wheelchair would be able to access the building.

I could continue on, but I think I have highlighted more than enough reasons why you should stay as far away from this place as possible. – less
i loved it here
Telemarketing (Former Employee), Oxford, OHAugust 11, 2013
Pros: good money good hours good managment
Cons: mad people on the phone
i was very good at telemarketing andin return the company treated me great!
Call center with "fun day" incentives
Tele-Marketer (Former Employee), Oxford, OHAugust 4, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, fun days
Cons: sales goals occasionally difficult
Being a call center, I was on the phone all day. I learned to deal with rejection in not only different forms, but different languages. Management encouraged hitting our goals and occasionally rewarded with "fun days". My co-workers were kind and unique. Many were older ladies who chose the profession part time as a way to get out of the house, and – more... were always willing to make new friends. The hardest part of the job was simply completing a call , and therefore, completing a sale. This, in turn, was also the most enjoyable part of the job as well. The challenge and the reward of meeting the challenge. – less
fun place to work
Credit card sales (Former Employee), Nogales, AZJune 23, 2013
selling credit card by phone. sales representant and manager asisistant.
productive, learning experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 22, 2013
fun job, but poor management. Great benefits. left to better myself in the same field
taking incominng phone calls for different types of businesses, and taking customer service phone calls.
Marketing (Current Employee), cincinnati, ohioJune 17, 2013
It is a good overall company, I take a variety of phone calls from different companies.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milford, OHJune 14, 2013
working at Rdi marketing was enjoyable, the people were nice and always positive. I learned most of my sales experience from working at rdi marketing by doing outbound sales calls. The most enjoyable part of my job was explaining benefits to customers on products we sold.
A day in RDI
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Milford, OHJune 1, 2013
Arrive at work at 10 AM, take calls until 12 PM and take a 10 minute break. Lunch from 2 PM umtil 2:30 PM, leave at 5 PM. During call time help customers with their accounts, process purchases, cancel purchases, update customer accounts, provide detail information regarding deals that are featured on the website. Learning with this company has thought – more... me Ihave perseverance, patience, and dedication to things Idid and did not know. Management, there is a lot of managers, supervisors, and team leads,you can go to all but depending who you go to you get mixed policies. Hardest part about working here is how repetative it can be. – less
This job was very fast pace.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHMarch 12, 2013
This job was mostly telemarketing for other companies like mastercard. The comopany didnt stay open long.
fun but boring
telemarketing (Current Employee), Oxford, OHFebruary 8, 2013
good and fun place to be but i would like to try somthing new. i learn how to be a telemarketing and sales rep.
relaxed, fun co workers
Driver/installer/warehouseman/mechanic/manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2012
Pros: was a crew chief
Cons: no benefits
very relaxed company and easy to get along with everyone. i was in charge of a number of people, the most enjoyable part of the job was tips from the janus customers, the hardest part about the job was dealing with 495 traffic on the way back to the shop