RDO Equipment Employee Reviews

RDO is a Great Company
SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 22, 2016
RDO Minot is a great place to work, yes there are up and downs but on the whole you cannot beat the culture.The Benefits are straight forward, if they say you have earned a bonus, you receive the bonus.
Awful place to work very poor management
Warranty specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNDecember 21, 2015
Management does not care about you or your family and they will lie to you until you need time off or until they get into a bind a force you to work 60 plus hours a week.. direct quote from HR dept. After having a 8 to 5 job for over 2 years and then rhe company made mistakes forcing everyone to drop everything and give you no notice " RDO is not responsible for daycare issues so if you can't figure it out than this is not rhe place for you". I would never work for them again and never realized how blessed I am to be out of there. Don't ever being up any issues about their managers because they won't listen and they turn everything back to their employees. Rdo was once a food company but they havewt to many of the long time managers get away with everything and they are running rdo's name to the ground, customersare very unhappy with the service as well.
Pros
Benefits are ok but not great
Cons
Horrible management, liars
Strong willingness to teach, easy going people, fun atmosphere.
Equipment Detailer, technician, and parts counter. (Former Employee) –  Casselton, NDSeptember 7, 2015
My RDO experience was a good one. Yes, sometimes the jobs I had to do as an equipment detailer were less than enjoyable, but the people I worked with were always easy going and easy to work with. The shop was equipped with everything I needed to do my job (besides hand tools). Overall working for RDO was a great experience.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay raises, and great managment.
Cons
Advancement
Great Company
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 23, 2015
Working at RDO is a great place. My experience was at the field support office, and I feel that it was a great environment and the management was wonderful! A typical day included taking care of customer accounts, helping fellow employees out in the field, running machine efficiency reports, and ordering inventory for the entire company.
Pros
Great support from management
worse place I have ever worked
manager (Former Employee) –  AzJuly 19, 2015
Preach about core values but they only apply when convenient. Management from region up is a buddy network. Does not matter what you have gained and/or accomplishing, if you are not a suck up buddy you are gone. Lies, backstabbing and unkept promises are all you can expect. SW region is the absolute pit to be involved with. Record all conversations for yourself because they will record for their own benefit.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management is awful to nonexistent
RDO = Revolving Door Outfit
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2015
Large well financed company that pays well but can't attract or retain good people because of the turnover. 5+ GMs over 6 years! People only care about punching in and punching out. People who care about taking care of customers are weeded out. Customers have zero confidence they will be supported. Central clique really runs the place. Inmates run the asylum. Don't know how to support customers, just get them in and upsell them. Upper management only shows up to fire people. Smile at your face and knife you in the back.
Pros
Benefits, comp.
Cons
See Summary
I worked there twice. First and last time
Heavy Equipment Field service mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2014
Buddy system definetly in effect. Shop foreman is a jerk. service manager is a puppet.
They provide training.
They will screw you if they get a chance.
They will want you to obey DOT rules and regulations but not pay you to do it. Find ways to sidestep DOT regulations.
Complain that they don't have any work but fail to take care of customers.
Not enough work but continue to hire mechanics so there is nothing to do.
Work out of town for months and all they want to do is scrutinize you and your work and question you and your integrity.
Give new service trucks to people that were hired after you. [ Buddy program]
Do not provide the correct tooling that you would think a dealer had.
Expect you to purchase tools that they should provide.
Company policy says the will furnish everthing over 3/4 drive.
They expect you to provide your own 1" impact.
the rules are not for them just for you.
The general manager chris is a backstabing person. will call you into his office to have a conversation while he is recording it or someone is listening over the phone.
Basically a very crummy place to work. No matter how good you are or how hard you work or how dedicated you are you have to watch your back. Not worth the hassle to work there.
Employees will go squeal to managment if you say anything negative. a bunch of whiners[ not all of them but they know who they are]. Do not trust anyone.
If you get an On the Spot Recognition just take it in the bathroom when you have to go and use it for on the spot use. That is all it is worth.They will give you a hat that is $6.00 over in the parts department
  more... and they will write $25.00 on the price tag.
I was thinking about getting some rolls of toilet paper printed up that say ON THE SPOT RECOGNITION on the sheets and giving them to managment for Christmas. enough
Pros
good trucks and a lot off training[ because there is nothing else to do
Cons
see note below
Really good place to work
Parts Specialist/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williston, North DakotaDecember 3, 2014
Sold parts on counter, inventory clerk, shipping/ receiving , anything in the parts department was my job
Pros
company gave housing allowance
Directly reflects the state of the economy
Equipment salesman (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 21, 2014
I have worked for RDO Equipment Co in two different locations. If you are in sales, you can expect job security to be a direct reflection of the economy. In case you have been living under a rock for the past 7 years, the economy has just sucked eggs. RDO's Ag stores seemed to have survived pretty well, but Deere has just announced a green-iron production forecast that would suggest pessimism moving forward. The construction equipment division has not done as well.

In my experience, RDO managers (local and ivory tower) will profess their undying support of front-line employees, but it's only when the economy is robust and machines are selling that they actually put their money where their mouths are.
Pros
free parking for employees
Cons
puppet management, little job security, poor sales support
horrible place to work
Transactional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAJuly 7, 2014
All the mangers care about is putting more money in their pockets and away from the real hard workers in the company. The sales manager never returned emails, phone calls, texts, all he cared about was himself.
Pros
monthly free lunches
Cons
long hours, the g.m.made me choose between my family and working long hours.
Greatest job I have ever had
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2014
This company was one of the best i have ever worked for.
The shop forman and supervisor were open and honest about the aspect of the shop.
They were very rewarding to the employees.
Stay Far Far Away
Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
I've been working for this company for five years now. I've seen the General Manager change over Three times, The Service manager change over three times. They have cut my pay by 50% under the new VP of the southwest who doesn't want to pay anybody anything but expects more than any other company of its kind in the market. I would stay away from this mess of a company and I wish somebody would have been up front with me on the mess called RDO Equipment Phoenix.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
management, culture, employees, company direction.
great place to work
Level 1 cf technition (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 21, 2013
diagnose and repair deere equipment including looking up and ordering parts filling out service reports to make logs of repairs.
Pros
great people to work around
Cons
to far from family
This is not a professional environment.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2013
Worked here shortly, only four months. Great opportunity I thought. Bait and switch is what you will get. Safety incidences are what you will see. Profit margin demands are what you will hear. Lack of teamwork is how you will feel. The salesman run the show here. "everyone is a salesman" should be the company motto because that is what they will expect from you. I resigned after being told that if I report an OSHA level safety incident... I would be blacklisted from job sites on the spot. Which would then lead to termination. This is not a professional environment.
Pros
permanent from the start.
Cons
reread my summary.
good company good benifits
lube tech / fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2012
was working as a lube tech and also worked for fuel department delivering fuel. Work was a bit much for one person , but the people made it worth while
learned alot
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 1, 2012
i learned alot from RDO. learned how to multitask. and did alot in the computer
Pros
everything
This company give people the chance to succeed
Customer Service & Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2012
I was given the opportunity to learn new things. The company is very flexible. Co workers are hard working and very respectful.
Pros
lots of training offered
Cons
laid off due to small market share.