RE Carroll Management Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2017
Avoid this management company at all cost. Do some research on their properties as well. Just read some of the reviews from residents. I was with the company for almost 2 years and got nothing but criticism and negativity. I worked as a maintenance supervisor or what I like to call a glorified maintenance tech. I didn't supervise anything. I was maintaining a 298 unit property by myself for over 6 months before they decided to take resumes for hire and I had no say in who to hire. They claim to offer bonuses but they won't hesitate to deduct for stupid things like having a ladder hung in your maintenance shop or a bug in a outdoor light fixture. This company cares more about how a breezway looks over anything else. Upper management is a joke and filled with selfish uneducated employees who only care for themselves. Very sketchy company, you have been warned!
Pros
None!
Very sorry management.
Maintence tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 16, 2017
Management is very poor. They can't be trusted. They lie. They cover up incidents. They show favortism. The property manager should be in be investigated for cover ups. The property manager leaves on company time to do personal errands. The maintence supervisor is very lazy and prejudice.
Pros
No pros
Run away.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 28, 2017
Run, run, and run away from them. They don't treat you correctly, they don't care, you're just a number. You will be replaced by a mere whim. They are cutthroat.
Pros
Cons
please read above
A big joke
MAINT TECH 11 (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCOctober 25, 2017
Good morning my name is tracy haley I worked through a temp agency I only woked there a day and a half I was let go for smoking a cigerette on the property no one told me about no smoking on the property the main ruper malcolm was also smoking on theproperty so I didnt think anything of it since I could not go back on the property the temp agency let me go but the let me do 6 turns for move ins the next day before they said anything tha maint super is a joke most disoganized place I ahve every been alot of time wasted because of stupidity the office manager never said any thing about smoking while I was cleanin up vommit in trash bags where she took so much pain medicine before going to the dentist she was throwing up when I got finished with the vomitt a couple of ours later she told the maint super to let me go I havent even got going good yet look forward to speaking with you thank you for your time in this matter tracy haley
Great Company. Always Evolving and Improving.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2017
RE Carroll Management is an excellent company to work for. It is continuously revisiting current policies, procedures, and programs so they are current and most appropriate. I have worked with some people who feel the workload is too much, but I believe those people were looking for something that would allow them to get a paycheck without putting in any effort. If you are one who takes pride in your work, what is asked of you is feasible. The company's culture has always been there but with the fast growth, it seemed to be a bit of a struggle to keep that going in full force. Lately, though, I am seeing it immensely improving.
Pros
One owner for entire portfolio, excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Understaffing is some areas, but this is getting better
Tough Expectations from Corporate
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 25, 2017
It is a very demanding job for a leasing consultant with this company. A great deal of the expectations for performance will fall solely on you and marketing on social media. A typical day work involves giving tours as they come in, returning calls, problem solving for residents, posting on social media, following up on leads and filling in the gaps where the Assistant Property Manager and Property Manager ask you to. Many times I had to take work home to complete it.
Pros
Commission is great
Cons
1 weekend off a month, lots of social media posting, challenging position for one person to fill.
Wouldn't recommend
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2017
Management cares little about employees and residents of their properties. High turn over rate. It's apparent that the main goal is money and they don't care to keep quality employees, even residents will tell you that
Poor Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my position with RE Carroll was the residents. I love helping people and making a difference when I can. That aspect of the job made it very rewarding.
Pros
Commissions and Rental Discount
Cons
Poor Management and Not a Real HR Department
Assistant Community Manager, RE Carroll Management Company, Asheville, NC 7/2013–7/2014 RE Carroll is a property management company within the multi-
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 16, 2016
It was a great experience. The location and product were amazing. The upper management should have been more involved. Possibilities would have been endless. No two work days the same!
Pros
industry
Cons
communication
Company of Dictatorship
Employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 4, 2016
Does not empower employees to succeed. Everything has to be approved by the Senior VP, not sure why they have Regional Managers. Takes forever to complete their communities and then they expect staff with little to no training to be miracle workers and lease up the property at ridiculous rents.The best part of working for them was the people that I worked with.
Large Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2015
This is a large company with properties all over the state they have good rules in place that have helped them become as large as they are. They take good care of their employees.