ReCommunity is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is a leading recycling and recovery company that is focused on dramatically reducing the volume of land-filled waste through conversion into useful products such as recycled commodities, ReEngineered Feedstock, bio-fuels and other value-added recycled products. ReCommunity operates 36 facilities in 13 states, and employees over 1500 people.
The company aims to lead a Recovery Revolution by repositioning waste as a strategic community resource instead of a growing liability. ReCommunity enables community partners to generate additional revenue, recover community owned resources, create new jobs, fund budget shortfalls and reduce their carbon footprint.
ReCommunity is currently looking for an Industrial "B" Mechanic based out of our Phoenix facility
This individual is expected to carry out tasks that will include, but are not be limited to, the service, repair and maintenance of recyclables processing equipment and machinery as instructed by the maintenance department manager/supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the maintenance manager/supervisor ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA, federal, state, company, environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform and/or assist in the troubleshooting, adjustments, repairs, and/or fabrication of all mechanical, electrical (to include PLC’s), hydraulic, and pneumatic components of all plant processing equipment. Must have the ability to complete any documentation associated with all assigned tasks.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program and complete the necessary associated documentation.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with the maintenance manager/supervisor to maximize the utilization of plant equipment and operating efficiency.
- Work together with Facility Manager and Maintenance Manager/Supervisor to establish a personal development/improvement plan for yourself and your position.
- Establish a working relationship with regional maintenance and safety departments.
- Maintain and organize tool room
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Basic computer data entry skills.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repairs of plant rolling stock (vehicles) equipment.
- Assist in the repairs of DOT compliant highway vehicles.
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and organization.
- Must have thorough knowledge and troubleshooting abilities of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Thorough knowledge of metal fabrication (welding and cutting).
- Good analytical, reasoning and justification skills.
- Ability to teach/train good practices to coworkers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Some secondary schooling/vocational training
- Basic Industrial Knowledge
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
- Knowledge of safety, computers, record keeping and scheduling practices strongly encouraged
- Ability to use miscellaneous shop/hand tools, oxy/acet torch, welding equipment, electrical meters/equipment
- Ability to drive industrial trucks
- Complete set of basic hand tools.
No phone calls accepted from applicants or recruiting agencies