MySQL Sr. DBE / MySQL Developer
Once in a lifetime opportunity to join at this stage…we are a vibrant, well-funded start-up company working on a new, cutting-edge self-service platform to help small businesses better utilize online marketing. We utilize an extensive LAMP stack environment, extremely cutting edge web technologies and have an impressive team already in place. We are seeking a talented MySQL expet to join the team on a full-time basis.
You would be a primary Database Engineer responsible for helping to design, build and maintain a scalable MySQL infrastructure with extremely high transaction volume. You should have experience implementing scalable high availability solutions (i.e. deploying to a cluster replication scheme, cloud infrastructure, sharding, geographically separated environments). We need an expert at troubleshooting MySQL related issues (replication failures, lock contention, high load, slow queries performance, etc.) and identifying root cause.
What's in it for you?
- Job satisfaction from building and deploying cutting edge massively adopted service that will dramatically help small businesses and have measurable impact you can point to
- Exciting, fast paced environment, working with an experienced, talented and creative team.
- Competitive compensation, medical, dental & Pre-IPO Options
- Opportunity to join a firm that is making huge strides in technology and how local businesses interact and monetize the internet and reach a new client base
What you need:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years MySQL experience in a high traffic, transactional environment
- 4+ years working in a LAMP environment, particularly PHP/MySQL combination
- Proficient with database performance strategies
- Proficient tuning MySQL processes and queries.
- Experience with design and implement High Availability(HA), and Disaster Recovery(DR) plans/procedures involving MySQL databases
- Ability to author stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master replication
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to grow and learn as a web/data technologist
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Start up Mentality & energy
If you are a MySQL Guru and are looking to join a growing, energetic company with a fun, work-hard, play-hard environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.