ReaderLink Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
not a bad place to work.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 22, 2016
not a bad place to work. distance too far to travel. do not like mandatory over time on week end sometimes without 8 hours rest. we are union, but union does nothing for us.
Pros
management good. time goes by fast. like picking
Cons
manditory overtime, travel too far
the hours was not very good.could not plan your life outside of there
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 22, 2016
enjoyed working there.loved my job.great benefits.i like to stay busy at work and being a shipping clerk that's what you did.what was the cons,you knew when you had to be at work,but never knew when you were getting off work.it could be 8 hrs. or 12 hrs.very unpredictiable with that company.had no life outside of there.
benefits
Cons
never knew when or what hours you would work
Great company to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 26, 2015
While working with Readerlink I visited 4 different stores, merchandising their books on a weekly basis. The paperwork, and directions were easy to follow and the orders were always ready for me to work on my assigned days. The managment was friendly and my supervisor was always avaliable if I needed clarification on anything.
Pros
Being able to work Readerlink's schedule with mine.
Cons
Working alone.
Great company, management needs improvement
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2015
ReaderLink is a great company but they lack proper management. That needs some major improvement. Other than that, it is not bad. There is always work, if not in your own department then in another department. Healthcare packages are RIDICULOUSLY expensive but that's everywhere you go. Best part of my job was meeting new people every day (Receiving desk clerk) and all about their background/what it was like driving all over the place etc). There really isn't anything hard about the job. Everything about this job is so simple. Really is. The pay is okay - they try to pay employees as little as possible. Some people drive forklifts and only make 9/hr, or some people make 10.99/hr. Recently bought out so hopefully things change as this new company gets settled in.
Pros
allowed to wear hoodies and/or jackets with pockets
Cons
healthcare pricing, management, some coworkers but not all
Fast paced
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Blythe, CAMay 1, 2015
I would work there on all kids of shift no set schedule stayed buys all the time. Worked with customer ever minute of the day non stop unless u was working the graveyard
Pros
non
Cons
To much to list
Productive and Growing
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 6, 2014
Readerlink continues to join force with other companies. They continue to grow and will soon fully manage the distribution of books for most all of the US. Currently 1 out of 3 books sold in the US is distributed by Readerlink. The employees are great and very hard working. The challenge is with the growth all employees are managing too many accounts which makes the workload challenging at times.
they are no longer dealing with merchandisers
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  ILJune 1, 2014
you sign in to the log book, locate your books in the back.
pull out your printed off of you p.c. instructions for the day. get a cart go to the floor.
process the books they sent. pull books that are needed to pull. process the returns.
at home get on their website and log in your time for the day

as of 6/3 they have decided to drop their merchandising department, but, they did get us all moved over to TNG. so we get to keep our stores. except rite aids they went to source interlink
Pros
they offered 401k
Cons
you didn't get a chance to really add stores to you services
A productive and fun workplace.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 31, 2014
My typical work day is going into KMart's, WalMart's, and etc to place books on the shelves for the stores. I have to do resets. I learn every day about different authors out there and the customer is always right. I never get to see my co-workers.
Pros
long days
Cons
short days
Flexible working environment with exciting account opportunities.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Typical workdays start with signing in at the customer service desk and discussing any changes or messages from management. Review all account paperwork, straighten all merchandise and maintain account integrity.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
limited available hours
set owen hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  charlottesville vaFebruary 4, 2014
Get meet mangement team and new people in every store . set your hours
Decent Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,PAOctober 30, 2013
The hiring manager was good,and although I only worked 1 day because my territory was in the ghetto of Philly,it seemed like it was going to be a decent company. The maximum hours were only 20 but it works well as a second job.
Pros
flexibility.
Cons
possible rough territory.
A good workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 11, 2013
The people and the work place are enjoyable. Decision making is put into your hands on a daily basis.
Multitask place.
Control Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 4, 2013
A day at Readerlink was never the same, Always something different and a productive place.
Pros
holiday dinners
Cons
to much tension.
Flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2012
flexible schedule you get work independently great boss no one baby sits you. would be better if they could offer more hours or better pay